Author Topic: Kodi / XBMC  (Read 606703 times)

Offline tinman1

• A friend of Dorothy
  • Kopite
Re: XBMC
« Reply #80 on: December 9, 2013, 06:52:11 pm »
Anyone know the best way to get the 1channel add on working again??
“Well to be honest with you, I’ve not got a lot to say about David Haye apart from he’s not a proper fighter, is he? He’s basically a bit of a gay fighter as I’ve said. Nothing against gays, but if there was ever a gay fighter David Haye would be one. He showed nothing! He had all the talk beforehand and he went in there and acted like a bitch!"

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #81 on: December 9, 2013, 07:04:47 pm »
Anyone know the best way to get the 1channel add on working again??

This worked for me. No problem since doing it.

http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/1channel-plugin/16175-step-step-make-primewire-proxy-1ch-uk-users.html
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2013, 10:47:07 pm »
I've got all of my films on a NAS box and my HTPC on which XBMC is installed has a drive mapping (Z:\) to the folder on the NAS.  But XBMC doesn't see the drive mapping.  Anyone know how I can get it to see the NAS box?
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2013, 11:59:10 am »
I've got all of my films on a NAS box and my HTPC on which XBMC is installed has a drive mapping (Z:\) to the folder on the NAS.  But XBMC doesn't see the drive mapping.  Anyone know how I can get it to see the NAS box?

Add source as a network location.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2013, 09:45:49 pm »
Add source as a network location.

Cool. Thanks!
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Il Conte

• Kopite
« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2013, 09:05:29 pm »
Thinking of getting myself one of the Intel NUC's for christmas. I would use it as an xbmc htpc (openelec probably), streaming live footy and local content. There are a couple of different versions out there, I'm guessing even the cheapest ones with celeron 847 would be enough for full hd streaming, whereas the i3/i5 haswell versions are probably overkill. Anyone tried one of those?

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2013, 10:57:46 pm »
Why get a Ł200+ NUC when a Ł25 Raspberry Pi, in my experience, can do everything you want as adequately ?

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2013, 01:11:26 am »
Thinking of getting myself one of the Intel NUC's for christmas. I would use it as an xbmc htpc (openelec probably), streaming live footy and local content. There are a couple of different versions out there, I'm guessing even the cheapest ones with celeron 847 would be enough for full hd streaming, whereas the i3/i5 haswell versions are probably overkill. Anyone tried one of those?
I have a revio, brilliant and better than Pi which I have in the other room and also brilliant for what it is

Offline Il Conte

• Kopite
« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2013, 05:40:55 pm »
Why get a Ł200+ NUC when a Ł25 Raspberry Pi, in my experience, can do everything you want as adequately ?

Oh yeah I've got the pi and it's a beautiful thing. The NUC would be another toy I guess, I like the old school gaming emulator addons for xbmc and the pi doesn't do them well (yet at least).

I have a revio, brilliant and better than Pi which I have in the other room and also brilliant for what it is

Hadn't seen those, are you running openelec on it?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 05:43:19 pm by Il Conte »

Offline carl5363

• Anny Roader
« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2013, 06:38:06 pm »
Anyones 1 channel not working? it was working 20mins ago, then just tried again and it now won't connect.

Offline carl5363

• Anny Roader
« Reply #90 on: January 3, 2014, 11:48:21 am »
I've now got this on my Google Nexus 10 tablet, awesome quality with the HD stuff.

Navix has some Sky Sports feeds but can't find any HD ones. Anyone know which channels best for these?

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #91 on: January 4, 2014, 02:38:32 pm »
What addons are we using for btsport streams?

I use the usual. Sports devil/mash up/navix but I'm finding recently, that they are all inconsistent at best. Not loading or dropping halfway through. I wondered if perhaps it was related to isp's now blocking some websites. Is there any I'm missing? Perhaps a source of info for the availability of streams and games.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: January 4, 2014, 05:19:44 pm »
What addons are we using for btsport streams?

I use the usual. Sports devil/mash up/navix but I'm finding recently, that they are all inconsistent at best. Not loading or dropping halfway through. I wondered if perhaps it was related to isp's now blocking some websites. Is there any I'm missing? Perhaps a source of info for the availability of streams and games.

If you don't mind paying then the LOF add on is great.

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: January 4, 2014, 05:40:12 pm »
If you don't mind paying then the LOF add on is great.

Site looks down?

Offline seandundee123

• Main Stander
« Reply #94 on: January 5, 2014, 08:46:26 pm »
Has anyone managed to work out how to stream from acestream in vlc player to xbmc?

or even how to open the sopcast and acestream links within sports devil?

ive followed this guide : http://pastebin.com/49JeFA5Z

i can open the link in chrome and it plays what acestream is playing but i cant manage to get this to work on xbmc??
« Last Edit: January 5, 2014, 08:47:59 pm by seandundee123 »

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #95 on: January 6, 2014, 08:08:40 am »
i've installed it again! Reckon i'm best installing the wizard again? Only thing i didn't like about it was it had every add on too many for me to go through, if i could just have a  package of the essentials would be a lot better!

only added ice films and sports devil so far!

Any others?

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: January 6, 2014, 09:03:01 am »
I used the wizard but like you say, it installed way to much so at some point I will wipe it and just install what I need.

Offline carl5363

• Anny Roader
« Reply #97 on: January 6, 2014, 01:03:26 pm »
i've installed it again! Reckon i'm best installing the wizard again? Only thing i didn't like about it was it had every add on too many for me to go through, if i could just have a  package of the essentials would be a lot better!

only added ice films and sports devil so far!

Any others?

Navix, awesome programme add-on.

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: January 6, 2014, 01:40:40 pm »
I find navix a bit of a mess to be honest. No order to where everything is and it freezes to often when searching although I do like the imdb top 250 films that is somewhere on there. Trying to work through it!

I like mashup. It's pretty much all I use now.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2014, 01:42:52 pm by Liamski-la »

Offline Liveforthereds67

• Kopite
« Reply #99 on: January 6, 2014, 03:51:30 pm »
Best to use the wizard to load up the plug ins then deleate the ones you don't need or will use. Just right click on the icon and it will remove the icon.
YNWA
Twitter @asp67
XBMC TV http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/forum.php

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: January 6, 2014, 04:57:40 pm »
Just save the ones you like as favourites. You can also change the ones at the bottom with xunity to just the ones you use.

Online Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #101 on: January 8, 2014, 01:02:58 am »
I'm not very techy but I got myself an android TV box for the sports and movies. I have to say I'm very impressed with the quality etc. My only gripe is not knowing what is on without looking through the channels. Is there anywhere online where I can get TV listings for Offside Streams? I've looked but all I seem to reach is sites telling me to download someone's EPG zip file so they're on the box. This is a bit beyond my technical capability. I'm just after separate TV listings for the channels.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Long live the King

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: January 8, 2014, 01:46:24 am »
I'm not very techy but I got myself an android TV box for the sports and movies. I have to say I'm very impressed with the quality etc. My only gripe is not knowing what is on without looking through the channels. Is there anywhere online where I can get TV listings for Offside Streams? I've looked but all I seem to reach is sites telling me to download someone's EPG zip file so they're on the box. This is a bit beyond my technical capability. I'm just after separate TV listings for the channels.

I don't have Offside but I think this works with it. It looks well worth having anyway

http://www.tvguidedixie.com/#

It is a zip file that you have to download though. I don't know what your Android box is like but if it has a USB port you can add it on a USB stick. You should be able to download straight to it as well I would think.

You install it from Settings/Addons/Install from zip file. Then find the zip file.

If you then go to Get add ons you can install it from Dixie Deans XBMC repo (must be a bluenose)

It is then under Addons/Programs/TV guide Dixie. I would make it a favourite from here.
« Last Edit: January 8, 2014, 02:20:49 am by cloggypop »

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: January 8, 2014, 01:59:09 am »

Or you could just use this if it works

http://offsidestreams.com/site/sports-schedule/
« Last Edit: January 8, 2014, 02:07:55 am by cloggypop »

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #104 on: January 8, 2014, 02:42:13 am »
What did you guys do regarding blocked project free TV in the uk?

Online Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #105 on: January 8, 2014, 09:13:57 am »
I don't have Offside but I think this works with it. It looks well worth having anyway

http://www.tvguidedixie.com/#

It is a zip file that you have to download though. I don't know what your Android box is like but if it has a USB port you can add it on a USB stick. You should be able to download straight to it as well I would think.

You install it from Settings/Addons/Install from zip file. Then find the zip file.

If you then go to Get add ons you can install it from Dixie Deans XBMC repo (must be a bluenose)

It is then under Addons/Programs/TV guide Dixie. I would make it a favourite from here.

Cheers. I will try that.
Long live the King

Online Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #106 on: January 8, 2014, 09:14:50 am »
Or you could just use this if it works

http://offsidestreams.com/site/sports-schedule/

Cheers. This is exactly the type of thing I was looking for but unfortunately it does not work.
Long live the King

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #107 on: January 8, 2014, 01:16:54 pm »

Defo recommend using Dixie's tv guide. He's got his own section on xunitytalk.com which is very, very helpful.

Offline Logistiks

• Anny Roader
  • Welsh Red!
« Reply #108 on: January 8, 2014, 11:07:39 pm »
Hoping you guys can help. Built a HP proliant microserver HTPC a couple of years back, upgraded it to a passively cooled AMD 5450 and about 16GB RAM.

Boxee runs everything perfectly, but XBMC just can't handle anything - stutters on playback or just can't cope with any bluray rips.

Any thoughts? Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers.

Offline pw1008

• Kopite
« Reply #109 on: January 9, 2014, 04:48:28 pm »
I'm looking to buy a Raspberry Pi - seen a few for sale online but want to know what spec you would recommend for getting xbmc running so i can watch stuff like 1channel, sports devil etc.

the one I have seen includes the SD Card 8gb Class 10 which has NOOBS on which has the following options to install:

Raspbian    -    The recommended OS for the Pi
RaspBMC    -    Media centre software optimized for the Pi
Pidora        -    Fedora remix optimized for the Pi
OpenELEC   -    Media centre software
RiscOS       -    Good for users to experiment and tinker.
ArchLinux   -    Simple and powerful for competent Linux users

The TV I am using it with is right by the Broadband connection. Its a panasonic 2.5 years old and has 4 hdmi cables and 4 usb ports.

Would you advise a wifi dongle as well so I can use remote control?
Do I need a usb stick to put the operating system on rather than sd card
Do I need a charger or will the power from usb port on tv do?

Cheers!

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #110 on: January 9, 2014, 05:01:04 pm »
Hoping you guys can help. Built a HP proliant microserver HTPC a couple of years back, upgraded it to a passively cooled AMD 5450 and about 16GB RAM.

Boxee runs everything perfectly, but XBMC just can't handle anything - stutters on playback or just can't cope with any bluray rips.

Any thoughts? Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers.

I had XBMC behave like that before. Needed to update my graphics drivers.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2014, 07:38:20 pm »
I'm looking to buy a Raspberry Pi - seen a few for sale online but want to know what spec you would recommend for getting xbmc running so i can watch stuff like 1channel, sports devil etc.

the one I have seen includes the SD Card 8gb Class 10 which has NOOBS on which has the following options to install:

Raspbian    -    The recommended OS for the Pi
RaspBMC    -    Media centre software optimized for the Pi
Pidora        -    Fedora remix optimized for the Pi
OpenELEC   -    Media centre software
RiscOS       -    Good for users to experiment and tinker.
ArchLinux   -    Simple and powerful for competent Linux users

The TV I am using it with is right by the Broadband connection. Its a panasonic 2.5 years old and has 4 hdmi cables and 4 usb ports.

Would you advise a wifi dongle as well so I can use remote control?
Do I need a usb stick to put the operating system on rather than sd card
Do I need a charger or will the power from usb port on tv do?

Cheers!

For simplicity just go with OpenElec, that's what I use for XBMC (including Sports Devil), but remember you can just buy extra SD cards and have different OS' on each one and just swap them out.  You don't need the wifi dongle for a remote as long as it's wired in to the same router as your wifi, you can install the xbmc remote on your phone.  You need the charger and no you do not need a usb stick for the OS.

You will obviously need an HDMI cable as well to hook up to your tv and if you are not buying a wifi dongle, an ethernet cable to connect to the router.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 07:39:53 pm by elmo_swatloski »

Offline Il Conte

• Kopite
« Reply #112 on: January 10, 2014, 11:58:31 pm »

Which TV is it? If it's one that supports CEC (viera link in panasonic lingo) that's a brilliant way of controlling the pi using the tv remote, I use it in my setup, (Panasonic ST60-hdmi arc-raspberry pi openelec) and I didn't even have to configure it, works great. And I agree with previous poster, OpenELEC has been the most stable one for me.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 12:00:52 am by Il Conte »

Offline pw1008

• Kopite
« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2014, 09:34:27 am »
Great thanks for the help. The Pi is getting delivered today so should get a chance to set it up later this week.
I've got a panasonic tv model TX-L42-E30B and it has Viera Link so hopefully it should work the same - it works with a sony blu ray player.

I set up XBMC on laptop at the weekend Mash Up and Movie 25 are great but couldnt get 1channel or Icefilms to work and sports devil seems a bit of a let down but the film and tv stuff is good.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #114 on: January 14, 2014, 09:40:00 am »
I'm trying to install the TV catch up add on, i've installed it from zip and the add on is enabled, yet when i go into there is actually no video add ons?

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #115 on: January 14, 2014, 09:52:37 am »
I'm trying to install the TV catch up add on, i've installed it from zip and the add on is enabled, yet when i go into there is actually no video add ons?

Have a look in Program add ons.

Offline pw1008

• Kopite
« Reply #116 on: January 16, 2014, 02:04:59 pm »
Well I got the Pi set up and its working ok - only question I've got is over the quality of some of the streams. The films look a bit grainy so look like copied dvds but not sure whether that is the stream or because of the tv\video settings or just whether the pi isnt good enough for it compared to an android box or apple tv?

When I've got the Pi on the resolution seems to be slightly too big for the TV so the time and shut down buttons you can only see half of them.

Is there anything I can change either on the box or the tv? I tried the aspect button to change the ratio 16:9 etc but that doesnt make any difference.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Offline pw1008

• Kopite
« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2014, 02:34:11 pm »
Well sorted the above issues easily enough

Icefilms is working well although disappointed in quality of the newer releases but find stuff which has been out a while excellent which is to be expected I suppose.

Sportsdevil has been disappointing so far, as has sports on navi x - which at least works but not great on a big screen or a pi - cant decide which.

Starting using ustvnow which is good for live us tv although most of it out of time zone obviously shame they cant have a proper on demand service like iplayer for the us channels.

Mashup is ok but preferring Icefilms as stated but havent spent too much time with it really to evaluate properly. Going to try and fix for sports devil over the next few days and see if that works any better to improve searching time. Wont be giving up sky sports just yet!If I had the movies they would have been cancelled by now

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2014, 03:10:35 pm »
About the only thing I really use now is 1 Channel great for movies and TV.

Haven't had to download anything for ages.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline pw1008

• Kopite
« Reply #119 on: January 30, 2014, 03:36:55 pm »
I havent got around to sorting out 1 Channel yet might give it a go over the weekend setting up the proxy stuff