Author Topic: VOTE NOW! The EU elections are vital  (Read 41776 times)

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: European Elections 23-26 May 2019
« Reply #200 on: May 22, 2019, 05:26:48 pm »
Good point but they aren't Tories anymore.  I actually like Heidi Allen and what she has to say.  Lib Dems are still compliant with the biggest Austerity drive this country has seen and they could have stopped it and said No! We are where we are in part down to that

What do you make of the Greens? If you can stomach them, I think they'd be a better use of your vote than Change UK.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: May 22, 2019, 05:27:39 pm »
I have been voting for 30 years, I have supported Labour in every single election I have voted in.  Not tomorrow though, a combination of Corbyn and the EU shambles that is essentially Corbyn's doing means I will not be voting Labour tomorrow.  I can't vote Lib Dem as I cannot forgive them for getting into bed with the Tories, I'll be supporting Change UK tomorrow

Why not the Greens? A much better bet than ChangeUK who have actual members who still defend austerity.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #202 on: May 22, 2019, 05:27:40 pm »
Just out of curiosity, how long will you hold this over them for?
I'll never vote Lib Dem, I can't understand why anyone would consider doing so.  They sold out their whole electoral base and bought into the Cleggmania hype and that cringeworthy Press Conference with Cameron and Clegg.

Vince Cable could have stopped it dead in his tracks but no he too became complicit with a sniff of power, only Charlie Kennedy came out of the whole debacle with any credit
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #203 on: May 22, 2019, 05:29:23 pm »
What do you make of the Greens? If you can stomach them, I think they'd be a better use of your vote than Change UK.

I've just viewed the link supplied above and it looks like I have a choice between Plaid Cymru (not going to happen) and Labour to stop Frottage getting an extra seat, looks like I'll have to hold my nose and vote Labour after all

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #204 on: May 22, 2019, 05:31:33 pm »
Why not the Greens? A much better bet than ChangeUK who have actual members who still defend austerity.
It's an option but they are an irrelevance in Wales.  I guess the choice is between Labour, who's Party List are all staunch Europeans or one of the Remain Parties to give the overall voting share a boost.

I'll decide tomorrow!

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #205 on: May 22, 2019, 05:41:20 pm »
It's an option but they are an irrelevance in Wales.  I guess the choice is between Labour, who's Party List are all staunch Europeans or one of the Remain Parties to give the overall voting share a boost.

I'll decide tomorrow!

I'm not going to tell you how you should vote but I'd urge you and anyone else thinking of voting Labour tomorrow to only do so if you are comfortable with your vote being spun as a vote for Brexit. I'm never having my vote used in an '80% voted for parties backing Brexit' argument again.

Unfortunately I think it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Frottage is going to get the biggest vote share and the most seats because the remain vote is split between so many parties. What I'll be looking at is the combined vote share of Lib Dems + Greens + Change + SNP/Plaid - it would be encouraging if together they can get somewhere close to the vote share of the Brexit party. Seat totals matter not one jot if we leave the EU so the vote shares are of more relevance to me.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 05:43:18 pm by TheShanklyGates »
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #206 on: May 22, 2019, 05:43:11 pm »
I actually like Heidi Allen and what she has to say.

She apparently just offered to quit as ChUK leader. :lmao

https://twitter.com/cathynewman/status/1131226742457348096

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #207 on: May 22, 2019, 06:03:38 pm »
I've seen 2 guides suggest Lib Dems and 1 suggest Greens as the best Remain choice for East of England.

I keep meaning to vote Green but never do!
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: May 22, 2019, 06:07:48 pm »
Unfortunately I think it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Frottage is going to get the biggest vote share and the most seats because the remain vote is split between so many parties. What I'll be looking at is the combined vote share of Lib Dems + Greens + Change + SNP/Plaid - it would be encouraging if together they can get somewhere close to the vote share of the Brexit party. Seat totals matter not one jot if we leave the EU so the vote shares are of more relevance to me.

Sad thing is 75-80% of the Labour vote is still likely to be from Remainers and along with the Lib Dems, Greens, SNP, Change, Plaid Cymru will very likely accumulate more votes than BrexitParty-Tories-UKip put together, yet I guarantee the headlines will be given to Frottage and the reality will be ignored.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #209 on: May 22, 2019, 06:27:27 pm »
Nigel Frottage 'held hostage on Brexit bus surrounded by people holding milkshakes' in Rochester Kent
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #210 on: May 22, 2019, 06:30:59 pm »

Unfortunately I think it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Frottage is going to get the biggest vote share

So just like the last EU elections I can't understand why people are getting so worked up about them.

For me the only interesting thing will be seeing how the vote matches the polls, some of them are all over the place from one day to the next.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #211 on: May 22, 2019, 07:11:45 pm »
So just like the last EU elections I can't understand why people are getting so worked up about them.

For me the only interesting thing will be seeing how the vote matches the polls, some of them are all over the place from one day to the next.
I do agree on the polls.  Something of a history of over representing the UKIP vote (for complex reasons).  One assumes the Brexit vote too.

But it’s enormous.

The Tories almost wiped out.

The other major party? Hugely affected by tactical voting and losing a huge share form the last election.

Quite probably it’s our last ever european elections too.  It’s a big thing.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: May 22, 2019, 07:17:55 pm »
When Tories and Labour get decimated, they will just point to people being fed up with Brexit and just 'want them to get on with it' rather than sacking it altogether

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #213 on: May 22, 2019, 07:19:19 pm »
We should be voting Lib Dem tomoz....right?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: May 22, 2019, 07:31:21 pm »
If you’re Scottish vote SNP, if you’re Welsh vote Plaid.

Otherwise yes, vote Lib Dem (or at a pinch green, but do check in your local area).
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: May 22, 2019, 07:55:31 pm »
If you’re Scottish vote SNP, if you’re Welsh vote Plaid.

Otherwise yes, vote Lib Dem (or at a pinch green, but do check in your local area).

No, not quite. In Wales, Plaid are almost guaranteed an MEP. A vote for Lib Dem potentially gives Wales another pro-Remain MEP, so if you weren't nailed on Plaid previously, go Lib Dem instead.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: May 22, 2019, 08:19:34 pm »

Lib Dems or Greens really.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #217 on: May 22, 2019, 09:22:52 pm »
If you fancy a bit of prognostication, Indie's John Rentoul is running a sweepstake on the results: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdnwxJq0a0t4tHDnmsOkqAmukqq7o92P_LUK_6fyYlYfjPYxQ/viewform

"500 entries now: average of today's guesses a bit different from earlier!
Brexit Party 35% +5
Lib Dem 18% +3
Labour 17% -3
Green 10% +1
Con 10% -3
ChUK 3% -4"

Mine, done a fortnight ago, were:

Farageists 24
Labour 20
Lib Dems 18
Tories 16
Green 10
Change 3
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 09:25:57 pm by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: May 22, 2019, 09:23:58 pm »
No, not quite. In Wales, Plaid are almost guaranteed an MEP. A vote for Lib Dem potentially gives Wales another pro-Remain MEP, so if you weren't nailed on Plaid previously, go Lib Dem instead.
Good point.
W

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: May 22, 2019, 09:28:59 pm »
If you fancy a bit of prognostication, Indie's John Rentoul is running a sweepstake on the results: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdnwxJq0a0t4tHDnmsOkqAmukqq7o92P_LUK_6fyYlYfjPYxQ/viewform

"500 entries now: average of today's guesses a bit different from earlier!
Brexit Party 35% +5
Lib Dem 18% +3
Labour 17% -3
Green 10% +1
Con 10% -3
ChUK 3% -4"

Mine, done a fortnight ago, were:

Farageists 24
Labour 20
Lib Dems 18
Tories 16
Green 10
Change 3
No idea to be honest,just hoping remainvoters recommendations influence results in the Lib Dems and Greens, Change beating all expectations.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: May 22, 2019, 10:09:43 pm »
These are the voting ranges the polling has right now:

Brexit Party 30% (Panelbase) - 38% (Opinium)
Labour 13% (YouGov) - 25% (Panelbase)
Conservatives 7% (YouGov) - 14% (Survation)
Greens 4% (Survation) - 12% (YouGov)
Lib Dems 12% (Survation) - 19% (YouGov

(via Will Jennings (professor, Sky's polling boffin))

Massively influenced by turnout and how polling companies try to adjust for that as well as just the general volatility of it all. Still not quite sure myself how I'm voting, although I know who I definitely won't be. Will think on it more on the walk to polling station tomorrow.
I mean, Greens are my team but if they end up polling better than the Tories I'll stick a Maggie Thatcher video on YouTube and crack one off.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of Ł22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #221 on: May 23, 2019, 12:31:46 am »
And I can't wait until Watson is booted out of his job which he stole on the back of lies he told the membership. Hopefully at this years conference.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: May 23, 2019, 12:48:11 am »
And I can't wait until Watson is booted out of his job which he stole on the back of lies he told the membership. Hopefully at this years conference.

:) If you want Labour MPs booted out of their job for telling lies then Corbyn should have got his P45 2 yrs ago. we should be calling him Jackanory  rather than Jeremy
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: May 23, 2019, 05:18:58 am »

Do you ever apply to Corbyn the same standards that you hold others to? What has Corbyn promised on Europe?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: May 23, 2019, 06:31:40 am »

Nothing wrong with that imo. The average voter and person will look at that, and think, yer he has a point there. She's been snide there. Not everything needs to be for the Labour activists. If Labour wanna win, they need to win over sympathetic Tory voters. However this is lost within the members, especially the ones online.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: May 23, 2019, 07:22:12 am »
Go out and vote.

Don’t let these public school boys win their little games
W

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #226 on: May 23, 2019, 07:26:45 am »
Just voted, first time doing so in the Netherlands.

It's an open list so you have to choose candidate as well as party - a huge ballot with over 300 candidates.  :o

Easy choice though for D66 and Sophie in 't Veld. Should get at least 2 seats today, hopefully can win a third too.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
Re: VOTE NOW! The EU elections are vital
« Reply #227 on: May 23, 2019, 08:00:11 am »
Frottage is on my ballot. Pleased to have added my name to the against column.

Offline ★deb★, please ?

• Anny Roader
« Reply #228 on: May 23, 2019, 08:49:48 am »
Good luck my friends. Hope you won't be leaving us  8)

Offline ★deb★, please ?

• Anny Roader
« Reply #229 on: May 23, 2019, 08:51:22 am »
Frottage is on my ballot. Pleased to have added my name to the against column.

What's the against column? Can you downvote a politician on the ballots?

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: May 23, 2019, 08:52:08 am »
What's the against column? Can you downvote a politician on the ballots?

Presumably just meant he voted for a remain party.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: May 23, 2019, 08:56:57 am »
Not voting for any of them.

This whole Brexit saga has shown how much of a shambles this whole system is.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #232 on: May 23, 2019, 09:09:38 am »

If not for you, how about for the rest of us? Ta

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #233 on: May 23, 2019, 09:11:18 am »

Makes perfect sense  :butt
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #234 on: May 23, 2019, 09:21:52 am »
Well I have voted Lib Dem and a lot of people I know are as well. Nothing more than my way of protesting against the madness.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: May 23, 2019, 09:38:09 am »

I'll decide tomorrow!

You can't expect change if you don't vote for it. I've voted for the greens all my voting life. Finally, in 2 of the last 3 times I voted, the greens won seats (assembly/council)

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #236 on: May 23, 2019, 09:42:49 am »
Todays vote is largely irrelevant. Any UK MEP's will be irrelevant if/when we leave the EU. The Brexit parties will just be there to claim as much money (and pension) as they can before we leave the EU and the remain parties have no real say in the UK Commons so will just be pissing in the wind with 'we told you so's'.

Today will be the 1st time since 2005 that I have not voted for the Labour party. It's a sad day for me but I simply cannot vote for a Brexit party in an EU election. We are better in the EU and that hasn't changed. I have to show my support for the party that supports that view.

Online Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #237 on: May 23, 2019, 09:42:53 am »

Not if my life depended on it.

Greens for me today.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #238 on: May 23, 2019, 09:47:19 am »
In Scotland, voted Liberal on the basis that an intact UK in the EU is still what I want out of this, and because them finishing ahead of both of the big national parties is the biggest impact I can reasonably contribute to.  Would like to have voted Green but yet again I’ve found a reason not to.

I was pleased to see Frottage’s lot registered themselves as The Brexit Party, thereby relegating themselves to bottom place on the alphabetical ballot paper.  Amateurs.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #239 on: May 23, 2019, 10:02:46 am »
If you're in the North West, worth getting out and voting just to make sure Tommy Robinson doesn't get elected.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."