Author Topic: The Jordan Pickford thread  (Read 195072 times)

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Jordan Pickford appreciation thread
« Reply #640 on: March 10, 2019, 04:26:20 pm »
He’s Joe Hart mk.2. Hugely overrated for being English despite the regular blunders and behaves like a loud, screaming gobshite with the billy big bollocks theatrics to give the illusion of being commanding and in control.

At least Hart had a few years of actually performing and a good few games where he looked hard to get past. Particularly against us he seemed pretty solid in goal. Harts biggest flaw for me was always his positioning

Pickford looks like a fan who's been given the chance to play for a season and is just there for the ride. Its difficult to tell if he's stupid, ignorant, deluded or a combination of the three as he doesn't seem to give a fuck when he messes up

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #641 on: March 10, 2019, 04:50:18 pm »
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #642 on: March 10, 2019, 04:52:33 pm »
Is he wearing bandages?
thought it was a corset at first

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #643 on: March 10, 2019, 04:55:43 pm »

Makes more sense than bandages
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #644 on: March 10, 2019, 05:35:19 pm »
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #645 on: March 10, 2019, 05:39:09 pm »
Is he wearing bandages?

Think its Pampers
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #646 on: March 10, 2019, 05:56:52 pm »
Here he is receiving his award:

Bet his mrs doesn't let him hold the baby, saying that there's no chance he'll be able to get it out the cot

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #648 on: March 10, 2019, 06:03:44 pm »
Bet his mrs doesn't let him hold the baby, saying that there's no chance he'll be able to get it out the cot
:lmao
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #649 on: March 10, 2019, 07:24:13 pm »
Never heard it called that before
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #650 on: March 10, 2019, 07:26:32 pm »
Just catching up on MOTD, fuck me he’s a total plum isn’t he.

Fuckin useless.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #651 on: March 10, 2019, 08:03:42 pm »
Is he wearing bandages?

He wears his mummy’s underwear, pass it on.

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #652 on: March 11, 2019, 02:01:25 am »
People are saying he tried to rugby tackle Rondon. I thought it looked more of a short armed jab!

He just wanted a hug

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #653 on: March 11, 2019, 02:35:31 am »
Just catching up on MOTD, fuck me he’s a total plum isn’t he.

Fuckin useless.

He better lift his game as Tom Heaton looks a cert to take his England place.  ::)
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #654 on: March 11, 2019, 07:40:11 am »

He's probably got a bad back from bending to pick the ball out of the net.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #655 on: March 11, 2019, 08:14:16 am »
He better lift his game as Tom Heaton looks a cert to take his England place.  ::)

We can only hope. Everton fans wanted double what they paid for him in the summer. Now he's probably only worth half. In another season his mistakes alone could have tipped them into a relegation fight. He must have cost them ten points this season.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #656 on: March 11, 2019, 08:45:28 am »
The best thing about Everton next year will be the cuts to him on the bench, yelling at Silva, having someone pass the Gatorade because he can't reach it
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: March 11, 2019, 08:49:28 am »
The best thing about Everton next year will be the cuts to him on the bench, yelling at Silva, having someone pass the Gatorade because he can't reach it

And then dropping it.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #658 on: March 11, 2019, 08:52:49 am »
Pickford leaving the pitch vs Newcastle yesterday - after being 2-0 up, going on to lose 3-2 - and him not having a good game...

https://twitter.com/khabsmcp/status/1104485533047287810?s=19

He has almost got that "carpet carrier" scally walk. You see them in town all the time. Black reeboks, black tracky pants and some weird hoodie that they think look cool in.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #659 on: March 11, 2019, 12:34:02 pm »
He has almost got that "carpet carrier" scally walk. You see them in town all the time. Black reeboks, black tracky pants and some weird hoodie that they think look cool in.

And their hand down the front of their pants for some reason...although I guess Pickford's wouldn't reach.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #660 on: March 11, 2019, 12:46:08 pm »
And their hand down the front of their pants for some reason...although I guess Pickford's wouldn't reach.

He wears them like that Cardiff owner, 42" chest black trackie pants ;D

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: March 11, 2019, 02:10:21 pm »
After reading this over the weekend, I took a quick look at the highlights and was not disappointed.

In all seriousness, he's a fucking liability. You just can't trust him, he's erratic and unprofessional as well as not being very good. A few spectacular saves for the camera keeps the myth going, but it seems like the myth is starting to be questioned by a few more people.

This season alone, he's made far, far worse errors than Karius did during the league season and yet there's been no Gary Neville led witch hunt. Wonder why?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #662 on: March 11, 2019, 02:27:53 pm »
After reading this over the weekend, I took a quick look at the highlights and was not disappointed.

In all seriousness, he's a fucking liability. You just can't trust him, he's erratic and unprofessional as well as not being very good. A few spectacular saves for the camera keeps the myth going, but it seems like the myth is starting to be questioned by a few more people.

This season alone, he's made far, far worse errors than Karius did during the league season and yet there's been no Gary Neville led witch hunt. Wonder why?
I suppose the difference is that Karius was at a club with a massive profile and, sadly, made some errors in some very big games which proved decisive and costly. On the other hand, Pickford is at a nothing club going nowhere. A club with little more than a local profile who don't tend to matter in the grand scheme of things.

The only surprise is that he seems to avoid more scrutiny despite being the England 'keeper. I don't have any interest in England, but if I did, having this clown in goal would concern me.

Funny enough, he reminds me of myself when I was a kid. I loved being in goal because I loved getting muddy and I loved throwing myself around in spectacular fashion. Every now and again this resulted in a spectacular looking save that drew applause. Despite that, I was actually shite in goal, my angles were non existent and I couldn't even do the basics. I didn't care, of course, because for one shot in every hundred I looked like Gordon Banks.  :D

Difference was, I wasn't a professional footballer, and Pickford is.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 02:29:44 pm by Sons of pioneerS »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: March 11, 2019, 02:30:20 pm »
They should've sold this turtle to Chelsea for Kepa money when his value was high last summer.

And then they would claim that they have sold the worlds most expensive goalkeeper and he is waaaaay better than Allison....

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #664 on: March 11, 2019, 02:35:55 pm »
I suppose the difference is that Karius was at a club with a massive profile and, sadly, made some errors in some very big games which proved decisive and costly. On the other hand, Pickford is at a nothing club going nowhere. A club with little more than a local profile who don't tend to matter in the grand scheme of things.

The only surprise is that he seems to avoid more scrutiny despite being the England 'keeper. I don't have any interest in England, but if I did, having this clown in goal would concern me.

Funny enough, he reminds me of myself when I was a kid. I loved being in goal because I loved getting muddy and I loved throwing myself around in spectacular fashion. Every now and again this resulted in a spectacular looking save that drew applause. Despite that, I was actually shite in goal, my angles were non existent and I couldn't even do the basics. I didn't care, of course, because for one shot in every hundred I looked like Gordon Banks.  :D

Agree with your points about profile, but I did think that the England connection would lead to profile which should in turn lead to scrutiny.
He is like the kid who went in goal so he could throw himself about.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #665 on: March 11, 2019, 02:40:47 pm »
He did okay in the World Cup but it didn't change my mind on him; if anything, he's got worse. Southgate has made a lot of very good decisions as England manager, but having Pickford as his #1 is something I just can't understand. The England 'keeper should be one of the Burnley 3, or Alex McCarthy, or Ben Foster if he could tempt him out of retirement. It's not a golden age of English 'keepers but there are still several better than Pickford.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: March 11, 2019, 03:34:42 pm »

During the World Cup Neville was questioning him to be fair. Talked about his positioning and they way he jumped for balls

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #667 on: March 11, 2019, 03:37:46 pm »
BBC...

Save percentage 65%

Errors leading to shots ( including goals) 7

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47511123
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #668 on: March 11, 2019, 04:25:49 pm »

Also, you have arms, like...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #669 on: March 11, 2019, 04:26:41 pm »
BBC...

Save percentage 65%

Errors leading to shots ( including goals) 7

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47511123

So he's only 1% below average, but is errors have to be right up there.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #670 on: March 11, 2019, 04:58:55 pm »
And then dropping it.
And then diving to get it after someone else has already picked it up and offered it back to him
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #671 on: March 11, 2019, 05:14:22 pm »
So he's only 1% below average, but is errors have to be right up there.

Most in the league supposedly, even more than any defender

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #672 on: March 11, 2019, 05:41:12 pm »
Reminds me of Joe Hart. Started off quite promising, hit a bad patch and has thus far shown himself to be completely fucking braindead.

The thing is with Goalies - every one will fuck up at some point. The best shrug it off and move on, the worst end up stuck doing it again and again and getting worse as they go. He looks much more like the latter than the former with every game.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #673 on: March 11, 2019, 05:54:38 pm »
The thing is with Goalies - every one will fuck up at some point. The best shrug it off and move on, the worst end up stuck doing it again and again and getting worse as they go. He looks much more like the latter than the former with every game.

Most would show a bit of humility, take their medicine and have the good sense to not get involved with opposition fans afterwards.

Others puff their chest out and try strutting off the pitch pretending they don’t care ...but it ends up looking like a bit of a mince and they make themselves a national laughing stock rather than a keeper who’s had a bad game.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: March 11, 2019, 05:56:24 pm »
Most would show a bit of humility, take their medicine and have the good sense to not get involved with opposition fans afterwards.

Others puff their chest out and try strutting off the pitch pretending they don’t care ...but it ends up looking like a bit of a mince and they make themselves a national laughing stock rather than a keeper who’s had a bad game.

That clip was from half-time when they were 2-0 up by the way, I'm guessing he didn't walk off like that at full-time!

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #675 on: March 11, 2019, 05:59:15 pm »
That clip was from half-time when they were 2-0 up by the way, I'm guessing he didn't walk off like that at full-time!

Was it? Ah poo.

Stop ruining my fun with your facts!

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #676 on: March 11, 2019, 06:00:57 pm »
Reminds me of Joe Hart
In Pickford's dreams! Hart was a very good (albeit imperfect) goalkeeper for a number of years. Pickford has never reached anywhere close to Hart's peak. He's not even as good as Hart now.  :D

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #677 on: March 11, 2019, 06:03:33 pm »
In Pickford's dreams! Hart was a very good (albeit imperfect) goalkeeper for a number of years. Pickford has never reached anywhere close to Hart's peak. He's not even as good as Hart now.  :D

Hart is a better keeper than Trex even when his arse is firmly glued to Burnley's bench.

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #678 on: March 11, 2019, 06:12:54 pm »
The epitome of Pickford against Newcastle was the following 5 seconds of absolute Pickford.

• Tries miserably to make himself big against Rondon
  • Gets lobbed by a ball 5ft in the air
  • Immediately goads the Newcastle fans like he actually did something
  • Proceeds to scream at his defense like they're somehow at fault

He's absolutely fucking shit.
:D

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #679 on: March 11, 2019, 06:59:26 pm »

The “perp bounce” as our colonial cousins across the pond call it
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."