Author Topic: RAWK Premier League Predictions 2018/19 Chat / Tables and Scores thread  (Read 31067 times)

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
Re: RAWK Premier League Predictions 2018/19 Chat / Tables and Scores thread
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2018, 08:13:53 pm »
Arsenal's injury time goal cost me five points. This will be a very long season ... across several threads.

How does that work?, the 5 points I mean
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2018, 08:27:08 pm »
How does that work?, the 5 points I mean

Likely to be BoRed had Arsenal 2-1 and RivaGe had them 3-1. If it stayed 2-1 BoRed would have won the head to head. As it finished 3-1, RivaGe won the head to head. So he lost 2 points for the exact score and 3 points for the head to head.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2018, 09:11:56 pm »
Likely to be BoRed had Arsenal 2-1 and RivaGe had them 3-1. If it stayed 2-1 BoRed would have won the head to head. As it finished 3-1, RivaGe won the head to head. So he lost 2 points for the exact score and 3 points for the head to head.

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. :)

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2018, 08:34:26 pm »

Thanks, for us mere mortals in the lowest division we have  no need for that complicated level of thinking. I look forward to such challenges in the future but, given the quality of my guesswork so far in 18/19 that looks like 20/21 at the earliest. That's a depressing thought and and hopefully much like United looking forward to their next CL qualification after they exit this time.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2018, 09:27:08 pm »
Thanks, for us mere mortals in the lowest division we have  no need for that complicated level of thinking. I look forward to such challenges in the future but, given the quality of my guesswork so far in 18/19 that looks like 20/21 at the earliest. That's a depressing thought and and hopefully much like United looking forward to their next CL qualification after they exit this time.

You never know. 4th, 5th and 6th from last year's League One got promotion do to a few players not returning. I don't think I've had proper promotion since I started playing either. Pretty sure I got pushed up to the championship as someone dropped out mid season, then finished 4th and got pushed up again as someone dropped out of the Premier League  :D

Yip, I was indeed. 2011 I got pushed up to the championship in October https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=279755.msg9352662#msg9352662
And up to the Premier League in 15/16
https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=322339.0
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 09:40:45 pm by Barneylfc »

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2018, 06:50:11 pm »
Do we have the week 3 tables for League One anywhere?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2018, 06:56:34 pm »
Do we have the week 3 tables for League One anywhere?

No. Maybe you need reminded of this

It's coming. I do have a job and 2 kids aswell.

I'm well aware I need to do the updates. And I will do them as soon as I get a chance. My daughter who is 18 months was ill last night and my son just started Grammar school yesterday aswell, so my time has been taken up by them.
I'm also well aware I said I'll get the update done last night, but my daughter comes first.

So please, stop being so impatient.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 07:00:06 pm by Barneylfc »

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2018, 07:40:40 pm »
No. Maybe you need reminded of this

I'm well aware I need to do the updates. And I will do them as soon as I get a chance. My daughter who is 18 months was ill last night and my son just started Grammar school yesterday aswell, so my time has been taken up by them.
I'm also well aware I said I'll get the update done last night, but my daughter comes first.

So please, stop being so impatient.

One of those stressful 'hands full' weeks

Hope your life calm down shortly and that your important people are healthy and happy (although don't tell your son your daughter comes first)
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2018, 07:43:13 pm »
One of those stressful 'hands full' weeks

Hope your life calm down shortly and that your important people are healthy and happy (although don't tell your son your daughter comes first)

I meant in terms of her being ill and getting the update done  ;D

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2018, 10:15:57 pm »
I meant in terms of her being ill and getting the update done  ;D

5 point penalty for alienating Barney ---- after years of service, free labor, and keeping this motley crew organized, he freaking deserves a medal or round on the house from all of us.

And young children are no easy task (unplanned sleep disturbance, medicine timed and taken, and keeping other people from getting sick).

Hope she is feeling better mate!   -  YNWA   

My son woke up at 3am last with his first nightmare --- I told him wearing an Everton shirt and being chased around by zombie referees  like Jon Moss would scare the heck out of me too.  ;D   
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 10:22:56 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2018, 10:37:17 pm »
5 point penalty for alienating Barney ---- after years of service, free labor, and keeping this motley crew organized, he freaking deserves a medal or round on the house from all of us.

And young children are no easy task (unplanned sleep disturbance, medicine timed and taken, and keeping other people from getting sick).

Hope she is feeling better mate!   -  YNWA   

My son woke up at 3am last with his first nightmare --- I told him wearing an Everton shirt and being chased around by zombie referees  like Jon Moss would scare the heck out of me too.  ;D

;D

To be fair, AmanShah is the first player in the few years I've been doing it that has been needy. He's worse than the baby  ;D

Only jesting lad. But really, I will get the updates done when I can. I get few nights to myself and sometimes I just simply can't be arsed doing an update after doing a 9 hour shift looking at 20 different excel spreadsheets. Especially if it's one of my nights without the kids as I just lie the fuck on the sofa and relax to watch football.
If I can stay out of the pub tomorrow after work, I'll have the update for round 3 done then. If not, it'll be over the weekend.

The head to head fixtures for Premier League and Championship can be found on the relevant tab in the links if anyone makes their scores based on who their up against.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2018, 11:58:37 pm »
;D

To be fair, AmanShah is the first player in the few years I've been doing it that has been needy. He's worse than the baby  ;D

Only jesting lad. But really, I will get the updates done when I can. I get few nights to myself and sometimes I just simply can't be arsed doing an update after doing a 9 hour shift looking at 20 different excel spreadsheets. Especially if it's one of my nights without the kids as I just lie the fuck on the sofa and relax to watch football.
If I can stay out of the pub tomorrow after work, I'll have the update for round 3 done then. If not, it'll be over the weekend.

The head to head fixtures for Premier League and Championship can be found on the relevant tab in the links if anyone makes their scores based on who their up against.

We're already spoiled, in your own time mate. Only a few years till you can go with your son (not the crisps and fanta years).
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2018, 08:36:02 pm »
;D

lol... I guess my overexcitement shows!  ;D ;D ;D

You shouldn't have to explain yourself. I am a bit spoilt.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: September 1, 2018, 09:52:09 am »

If I can stay out of the pub tomorrow after work

:lmao

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: September 2, 2018, 05:09:02 pm »
Just seeing this

I wasn't going to post here again because I thought that I didn't guess correctly often enough. but after checking my predictions, I didn't do too bad, especially on the liverpool scores!  :) 
(blue is correct outcome, green - correct goal difference, red - correct score) So, I'll try again:

EDIT: Out of curiosity, do you folks check you predictions? I'm curious to know if I'm doing alright.

By all means stop posting immediately. Be my guest. I want players that are going to see the season out, not people that are going to fuck it off because they aren't getting 10 correct predictions every fucking week.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #55 on: September 2, 2018, 05:48:00 pm »
Just seeing this

By all means stop posting immediately. Be my guest. I want players that are going to see the season out, not people that are going to fuck it off because they aren't getting 10 correct predictions every fucking week.

To be fair, I don't think he meant it badly. He wasn't even aware of the scoring thread, or that someone was in fact doing the scoring. He probably thought it was just for fun, rather than a serious competition. :P

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: September 2, 2018, 05:53:34 pm »
WEEK 3 HEAD TO HEAD RESULTS

PREMIER LEAGUE

WillG.LFC 7 v 11 KeegansPerm
Barneylfc 15 v 6 fowlerisgod4eva
Prof 5 v 11 tubby
Thush 6 v 7 The G in Gerrard
RivaGe 7 v 5 BoRed
redforlife 14 v 7 Ollyfrom.tv
redman1974 6 v 7 CornerFlag
RJH 8 v 11 Ycuzz
tommyLFC 5 v 9 Amir87
nayia2002 14 v 9 bryanod

CHAMPIONSHIP

Rhino 0 v 4 gav91v
Gerry Attrick 10 v 11 LFCStephen
Buck Pete 6 v 11 bobinhood
Vishwa Atma 8 v 8 Skittle
Lee-87 8 v 0 Stand Free
Sami 3 v 10 Oldie
Youngest Son of Skittle 11 v 7 LovelyCushionedHeader
Filler 8 v 9 Spanish Al*
AdzLFC 12 v 10 Grobellrevell
Port_Vale_Lad 11 v 3 JSteve

LEAGUE ONE

15   Trendisnotdestiny
13   PoetryInMotion
13   AmanShah21
12   Something Stingy
12   LanceLink
9   E2K
9   ShatnersBassoon
8   farawayred
7   sms1986
7   Cape_Tear
7   scalatore
7   Garnier
6   helmboy_nige
6   shelts
6   Linudden
5   Black Bull Nova
5   Prelude No.5
4   S
4   mikey_LFC
4   vivabobbygraham
0   Perseus
0   Klopp Your Hands

*Filler posted late, but lost his head to head anyway
**Prelude No.5 posted late. Scored 8, but incurs 3 point penalty

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #58 on: September 2, 2018, 05:57:34 pm »
Who in their right mind predicts Wolves to beat West Ham 1-0?

I'm thinking of packing it all in! ;)

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #59 on: September 2, 2018, 08:58:50 pm »
About fuckin' time, Barney ;)
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: September 2, 2018, 09:03:37 pm »
About fuckin' time, Barney ;)

Round 4 is done too  :D

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: September 2, 2018, 09:05:03 pm »
WEEK 4 HEAD TO HEAD RESULTS

PREMIER LEAGUE

BoRed 9 v 9 Prof
tubby 8 v 9 redforlife
The G in Gerrard 7 v 8 Barneylfc
CornerFlag 8 v 10 WillG.LFC
Amir87 9 v 9 RJH
KeegansPerm 5 v 6 Thush
Ycuzz 9 v 8 RivaGe
bryanod 7 v 6 redman1974
tommyLFC 6 v 4 Ollyfrom.tv
fowlerisgod4eva 5 v 5 nayia2002

CHAMPIONSHIP

Stand Free 9 v 4 Buck Pete
bobinhood 9 v 6 Sami
Skittle 5 v 6 Gerry Attrick
LovelyCushionedHeader 5 v 7 Rhino
Grobellrevell 7 v 5 Filler
gav91v 7 v 6 Vishwa Atma
Spanish Al 2 v 10 Lee-87
JSteve 8 v 6 Youngest Son of Skittle
AdzLFC 7 v 9 Oldie
LFCStephen 5 v 5 Port_Vale_Lad

LEAGUE ONE

9   ShatnersBassoon
9   Garnier
8   Trendisnotdestiny
8   AmanShah21
8   sms1986
8   Prelude No.5
7   PoetryInMotion
7   Something Stingy
7   helmboy_nige
7   Cape_Tear
7   Linudden
6   LanceLink
6   E2K
6   Black Bull Nova
6   vivabobbygraham
5   farawayred
5   scalatore
4   mikey_LFC
2   shelts
0   S
0   Perseus
0   Klopp Your Hands

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: September 2, 2018, 09:07:09 pm »
WEEK 5 HEAD TO HEAD FIXTURES

PREMIER LEAGUE

WillG.LFC v Ycuzz
CornerFlag v The G in Gerrard
KeegansPerm v fowlerisgod4eva
Thush v Amir87
bryanod v Prof
redman1974 v Barneylfc
RJH v BoRed
Ollyfrom.tv v RivaGe
tommyLFC v redforlife
nayia2002 v tubby

CHAMPIONSHIP

Rhino v Spanish Al
LovelyCushionedHeader v Skittle
gav91v v LFCStephen
Vishwa Atma v Grobellrevell
JSteve v Buck Pete
Youngest Son of Skittle v Gerry Attrick
Filler v Stand Free
Oldie v Lee-87
AdzLFC v Sami
Port_Vale_Lad v bobinhood

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: September 2, 2018, 09:08:19 pm »
In League One, PERSEUS and KLOPP YOUR HANDS have failed to post in rounds 3 and 4. If you fail to post in round 5 you will be removed from the league

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #65 on: September 3, 2018, 01:08:59 am »
Who amongst us, i ask, would call Wolves-City 1-1  Watford 2 Spurs 1? Who would dare so greatly, reach so far, aim so high?

Redefining daft weekly.

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: September 3, 2018, 01:16:23 am »

Some great predicting. Now, why are you 13 points off promotion... :D

Offline AmanShah21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: September 3, 2018, 01:32:58 am »
Well in BarneyLFC! Cheers!

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #68 on: September 3, 2018, 07:19:12 am »
Cheers Barney

I've had pretty much the worst start imaginable this season.  Cut adrift at the foot of the table at the first international break.  I think I need to send for Roy Hodgson's tried and trusted methods to steady the ship....

Or not  ;D

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: September 3, 2018, 09:59:04 am »
Only 5th? Think i overdid the off season celebrations :D

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #70 on: September 3, 2018, 11:43:31 am »
Cheers Barney
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #71 on: September 3, 2018, 04:56:15 pm »
Some great predicting. Now, why are you 13 points off promotion... :D

Im usually last! this is major overperformance.  ;D
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: September 3, 2018, 08:31:24 pm »
If I can stay out of the pub tomorrow after work, I'll have the update for round 3 done then.

I always try and avoid posting after coming back from the pub. Mind you the stress you probably had last week probably required a blow out.

My main aim is to post for all 38 weeks to acheive a half decent total and hope the will to post fades for enough people above me to acheive glory and an undeserved promotion.  I missed a few early one last year which cost me dearly, I now post quickly to avoid missing posts then fail to have the conviction to change my initial 'guess'

Note to self, develop some mental strength.

Oh, and thank you
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2018, 12:34:11 pm »
Hi all, the 2018/19 Champions League Predictions competition is now open if any of you would like to take part. Format is pretty much the same as the RPLP

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=341047.msg16243786#msg16243786

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2018, 09:57:37 pm »
Hate these late goals, that's another four points gone.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2018, 10:02:26 pm »
Hate these late goals, that's another four points gone.

Just noticed that. 9 points lost now to injury time goals?

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2018, 10:07:55 pm »
Just noticed that. 9 points lost now to injury time goals?

No idea. Believe it or not, I don't always come in here to complain when it happens. ;D

To be fair, Newcastle's goal on Saturday brought me two points, not that it helped much.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2018, 10:30:02 pm »
No idea. Believe it or not, I don't always come in here to complain when it happens. ;D

To be fair, Newcastle's goal on Saturday brought me two points, not that it helped much.

I came in to point it out midway through the update  ;D

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2018, 10:31:58 pm »
WEEK 5 HEAD TO HEAD RESULTS

PREMIER LEAGUE

WillG.LFC 7 v 9 Ycuzz
CornerFlag 7 v 10 The G in Gerrard
KeegansPerm 15 v 7 fowlerisgod4eva
Thush 7 v 10 Amir87
bryanod 12 v 6 Prof
redman1974 8 v 11 Barneylfc
RJH 12 v 9 BoRed
Ollyfrom.tv 6 v 5 RivaGe
tommyLFC 8 v 10 redforlife
nayia2002 8 v 9 tubby

CHAMPIONSHIP

Rhino 5 v 6 Spanish Al
LovelyCushionedHeader 3 v 11 Skittle
gav91v 4 v 10 LFCStephen
Vishwa Atma 7 v 4 Grobellrevell
JSteve 8 v 16 Buck Pete
Youngest Son of Skittle 9 v 7 Gerry Attrick
Filler 8 v 15 Stand Free
Oldie 7 v 8 Lee-87
AdzLFC 15 v 4 Sami
Port_Vale_Lad 5 v 4 bobinhood

LEAGUE ONE

14   Something Stingy
14   ShatnersBassoon
12   LanceLink
12   E2K
12   Cape_Tear
12   vivabobbygraham
11   helmboy_nige
10   Trendisnotdestiny
10   sms1986
9   Garnier
9   Black Bull Nova
8   Prelude No.5
8   Linudden
8   Klopp Your Hands
7   PoetryInMotion
7   shelts
7   mikey_LFC
6   scalatore
5   AmanShah21
5   farawayred
0   S
0   Perseus

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2018, 10:33:00 pm »
Just checked. The Wolves' injury-time winner at West Ham in round 4 also cost me two points, so it is nine in total. :)

And I just remembered I did complain about it at the time. ;D
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 10:35:05 pm by BoRed »