Author Topic: Question Time.  (Read 85332 times)

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Re: Question Time.
« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2017, 09:17:21 am »
Blimey a 90 minute special on Brexsit tonight I imagine that will be a clusterfuck.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2017, 09:42:34 am »
Blimey a 90 minute special on Brexsit tonight I imagine that will be a clusterfuck.

With a panel consisting of Alex Salmond, Keir Starmer, David Davis and Nigel Frottage.

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #122 on: March 27, 2017, 09:44:55 am »
With a panel consisting of Alex Salmond, Keir Starmer, David Davis and Nigel Frottage.

The BBC website says it's Suzanne Evans rather than Frottage? Not that that makes much of a difference mind.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2017, 09:48:55 am »
The BBC website says it's Suzanne Evans rather than Frottage? Not that that makes much of a difference mind.

Ok, Andrew Neill said that it would be Frottage, maybe he pulled out. Melanie Phillips also on it however, eww.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2017, 10:05:48 am »

Nick Clegg as well.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2017, 12:36:41 pm »
Ok, Andrew Neill said that it would be Frottage, maybe he pulled out. Melanie Phillips also on it however, eww.
Well that's me giving it a massive swerve.  I've tolerated Frottage before now but I really really REALLY can't stand Phillips.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2017, 01:10:14 pm »
Well that's me giving it a massive swerve.  I've tolerated Frottage before now but I really really REALLY can't stand Phillips.

A man after my own heart. She comes across as a supercillious, smug know-all. About a year ago she was pushing the Brexit line and was asked what she would think if leaving left us poorer. She replied she wouldn't mind being poorer as long as we left the EU.

A lot of people will end up poorer but certainly not this DM pontificating smartarse.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2017, 01:13:54 pm »
Within 10 seconds of her talking I bet Phillips will mention the words 'sneering', 'liberal elite' and take the piss out of muslims.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: March 27, 2017, 09:09:18 pm »
Clegg always comes across well, Starmer comes acros like a bit of a dick, he can't help his voice, it's unfortunate that he sounds like he's whinning all the time.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #129 on: March 27, 2017, 09:27:27 pm »
Finding this quite decent to be fair
:D

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: March 27, 2017, 09:33:09 pm »
Finding this quite decent to be fair

Yep, it's a good one tonight.

No real tossers on the panel helps, apart from the Kipper of course  ;)

Some good discussion going on

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: March 27, 2017, 09:41:43 pm »
Nick Clegg is fucking excellent.   Salmond also doing very well.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #132 on: March 27, 2017, 09:47:16 pm »
Clegg would have made a decent pm, shame he had to fall on the sword to keep the Tories in check.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: March 27, 2017, 09:53:42 pm »
Clegg would have made a decent pm, shame he had to fall on the sword to keep the Tories in check.

I voted for the Lib Dems in the last two GEs.

I've always liked Clegg, he's a very good speaker who always comes across really well.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2017, 09:59:05 pm »
It's a farce.90 min on telling us we will try and get a good deal but no deal is better than a bad deal then Davis admits we wont get access to the SM without going along with EU regulations. 10sec later we wont rule out paying for access. no chance. they know full well the EU will tell us to P.. off.
It's all about triggering art 50 and  going for a hard Brexit on the pretense of going for a good deal.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #135 on: March 27, 2017, 10:05:18 pm »
Among the rubble that is the current Labour leadership, Keir Starmer is amongst its small shining lights.

His presentation skills compared to the current leadership makes me weep.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #136 on: March 27, 2017, 10:11:20 pm »
Well I'm still thinking it's a flustercluck
#JFT97

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: March 28, 2017, 12:18:40 am »
Well I'm still thinking it's a flustercluck

Davis said today and previously that high amounts of immigration will remain. For me immigration has been the most important thing, ahead of the economy.

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #138 on: March 28, 2017, 08:16:06 am »
Davis said today and previously that high amounts of immigration will remain. For me immigration has been the most important thing, ahead of the economy.

It's definitely why a lot of people voted Leave. If only they'd said that it would barely change before the vote (obviously it's not in their interests).

As others have said I think I like Nick Clegg now. Bit strange saying that after the whole tuition fees fiasco (I was 19 in 2010).
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 08:18:15 am by quinny »

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2017, 08:42:08 am »
It's definitely why a lot of people voted Leave. If only they'd said that it would barely change before the vote (obviously it's not in their interests).

As others have said I think I like Nick Clegg now. Bit strange saying that after the whole tuition fees fiasco (I was 19 in 2010).

I understand he was keeping the Tories in check by d making compromises here and there, but with that issue he should have remained firm on his manifesto. It sort of completely fucked the Lib Dems in the last GE.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2017, 08:56:35 am »
I understand he was keeping the Tories in check by d making compromises here and there, but with that issue he should have remained firm on his manifesto. It sort of completely fucked the Lib Dems in the last GE.

They majorly kept the Tories in check during the coaltition.  The Tories passed lots of legislation straight after the last GE that the Lib Dems kept knocking back.

They got the blame for all the coaltions failings, and none of it's successes.  I guess that's the price you pay, when you get in bed with the devil.

The tution fee thing was a mistake that cost the party dear.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2017, 07:05:47 pm »
Watching this now, can't fucking stand Suzanne Evans, only positive of brexit is she will disappear

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #142 on: March 28, 2017, 07:07:04 pm »
Watching this now, can't fucking stand Suzanne Evans, only positive of brexit is she will disappear

It shows what a bunch of eejits represent UKIP, in comparison she actually seems almost human.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: March 28, 2017, 07:15:56 pm »
It shows what a bunch of eejits represent UKIP, in comparison she actually seems almost human.
at least nuttall is entertaining, she's a fucking cumstain

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: March 28, 2017, 07:24:42 pm »
The they need us more than we need them, fuck me cant wait for those thick shites to get made redundant

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: March 29, 2017, 09:01:13 pm »
The bootle meff is in this week, should be some laughs there

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #146 on: March 30, 2017, 12:48:32 am »

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: March 30, 2017, 12:50:55 am »
Not sure what i think about that panel. I dont like the latter 3.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: March 30, 2017, 07:02:41 am »
Two of the biggest embarrassments from the city on there tho

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: March 30, 2017, 08:23:43 am »
Ruth Davidson comes across well superficially for a Tory especially compared to her Westminster colleagues but the reality is she's actually hopeless, she gets destroyed by Sturgeon at FMQs regularly and has a short temper.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: March 30, 2017, 09:34:49 am »
Ruth Davidson comes across well superficially for a Tory especially compared to her Westminster colleagues but the reality is she's actually hopeless, she gets destroyed by Sturgeon at FMQs regularly and has a short temper.

Hmm, not convinced by that. I have seen a few of her performances and generally she has been good and that includes some of the election debates against Sturgeon. She is up against a formidable opponent in Sturgeon and she is relatively young for a leading politician.

They are both miles ahead of May vs Corbyn though.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #151 on: March 30, 2017, 10:07:22 am »
They are both miles ahead of May vs Corbyn though.

Who isn't? Could that bar be set any lower?

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: March 30, 2017, 10:35:06 am »
Kate Andrews definitely has no human soul, that pic proves it beyond doubt.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: March 30, 2017, 01:38:18 pm »
Bit ridiculous that twat Len can appear this week, when Unite memebers are receiving their ballot papers.

To give the snide c*nt credit, he's very effective at getting elected (and abusing his mandate) with a godawful turnout.

Having refused to debate the other candidates on TV, this is his only TV appearance. Obviously thinks being visible on the periphery of QT will help his chances.

Hope he's held to account, but have low expectations given the pathetic format.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: March 30, 2017, 01:39:35 pm »
Not sure what i think about that panel. I dont like the latter 3.

Was trying to work out why IEA were familiar. I have encounters with them through work sometime. Don't know Kate but can make a fair assumption she's annoying

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: March 30, 2017, 01:42:17 pm »
Bit ridiculous that twat Len can appear this week, when Unite memebers are receiving their ballot papers.

To give the snide c*nt credit, he's very effective at getting elected (and abusing his mandate) with a godawful turnout.

Having refused to debate the other candidates on TV, this is his only TV appearance. Obviously thinks being visible on the periphery of QT will help his chances.

Double edged sword. It could just as easily motivate people to vote against him.

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: March 30, 2017, 01:45:27 pm »
Kate Andrews definitely has no human soul, that pic proves it beyond doubt.

She is a Republican from Texas. And a Newcastle United fan reportedly.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: March 30, 2017, 01:48:35 pm »
Double edged sword. It could just as easily motivate people to vote against him.

Yep, that's true. As Elmo touched on, so much of QT performance judgement is superficial. Dimbleby can sometimes choose between presenting someone as a waffling idiot/rude interrupter/contradictory all on his own

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: March 30, 2017, 01:49:34 pm »
She is a Republican from Texas. And a Newcastle United fan reportedly.

Maybe the only Newcastle fan who is more in favour of deregulation than their owner?

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #159 on: March 30, 2017, 01:55:24 pm »

My ballot pspers came today already voted for Len didn't even think of the others.