The Liverpool FC Forum > RAWK Announcements, Feedback & Questions

Bitcoin Thread

(1/6) > >>

thejbs:
I feel that locking the thread on Bitcoin is unfair. It's currently legal to buy/own/use cryptocurrencies and the thread was relatively genial and was an interesting resource. Conversely, RAWK allows threads on IPTV, Kodi, streaming football and torrenting TV/Films/Apps that are of dubious legality or explicitly illegal.

Maybe the thread could be moved out of news/current affairs and into the boozer or tech sections if it's inappropriate for current affairs?

Something Worse:

--- Quote from: thejbs on July 22, 2019, 02:17:54 pm ---I feel that locking the thread on Bitcoin is unfair. It's currently legal to buy/own/use cryptocurrencies and the thread was relatively genial and was an interesting resource. Conversely, RAWK allows threads on IPTV, Kodi, streaming football and torrenting TV/Films/Apps that are of dubious legality or explicitly illegal.

Maybe the thread could be moved out of news/current affairs and into the boozer or tech sections if it's inappropriate for current affairs?

--- End quote ---

I found it super interesting personally - conman's posts were very detailed and well thought out.

Chakan:
Very odd that “people have lost a whole lot of money on bitcoin” yet there’s a whole sub forum for betting.

Alan_X:
I'll respond in detail later.

--- Quote from: Chakan on July 22, 2019, 05:23:07 pm ---Very odd that “people have lost a whole lot of money on bitcoin” yet there’s a whole sub forum for betting.

--- End quote ---

Not really. I'd bin the betting threads as well if I could. I've seen plenty of people's lives ruined by betting. The difference between gambling and bitcoin is that one is a leisure activity where everyone knows the odds are with the bookies. The other is portrayed as a sure thing - an 'investment that will always grow.

This is a typical claim:

--- Quote ---I consider it more of a risk to not invest in Bitcoin, than to invest, as the maths & ten years of data behind bitcoin strongly point to it increasing in value, considerably.
--- End quote ---

Chakan:

--- Quote from: Alan_X on July 22, 2019, 05:32:10 pm ---I'll respond in detail later.

Not really. I'd bin the betting threads as well if I could. I've seen plenty of people's lives ruined by betting. The difference between gambling and bitcoin is that one is a leisure activity where everyone knows the odds are with the bookies. The other is portrayed as a sure thing - an 'investment that will always grow.

This is a typical claim:

--- End quote ---

I guess it depends how you view the bitcoin technology though. I mean there is never a sure thing in life ever. You need to consider it like a volatile stock market. Or a bet where the odds can change. People who blindly go into bitcoin deserve to lose money.

Bitcoin has been a leisure activity for me personally , it’s an investment that may or may not pay off, just like my investment ina penny stock.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version