Author Topic: Season Ticket Amnesty  (Read 17726 times)

Online anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
Season Ticket Amnesty
« on: February 9, 2018, 06:02:13 pm »
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/290327-liverpool-fc-season-ticket-amnesty-proposal

Liverpool Football Club has outlined proposals for a season ticket amnesty with a view to starting the process in June 2018, a timeframe which, if implemented, would ensure it is concluded in time for the start of the 2019-20 season.

Initial discussions took place at the second Ticket Availability Fan Forum which was held ahead of Liverpool’s home game against Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday February 4 and will be the subject of further discussion and scrutiny at forthcoming Ticket Availability Fan Forums.

The season ticket amnesty proposal is part of the stadium operational security measures and the key driver behind this amnesty is to know who is the primary season ticket holder and who is in the seat on any given matchday.

Supporters will be aware that, like a lot of other stadiums and other large public arenas, the club has stepped up its general security measures around the stadium and, from this season, further security measures have been introduced with bag searches as supporters make their way through the turnstiles. This amnesty is about ensuring the club has the right information on who is in the seats on any given matchday should it be needed.   

Explaining the rationale behind an amnesty, Liverpool’s head of ticketing and hospitality, Phil Dutton said: “We are aware that many of our fans have been urging us to do this and the completion of the Main Stand has now enabled us to make progress on this important initiative.

“I must stress that this isn’t about taking season tickets away from supporters – we are aware that not all season tickets are held in the name of the supporter who attends the matches but this is about bringing our records up to date with the primary owner of the season ticket and providing updated contact details.  We are also aware that the primary season ticket holder isn’t always able to attend the match and our ongoing discussions with this Fan Forum will include this point and how best to deal that.

“We have in excess of 26,000 season ticket holders and at the end of this process we will still have in excess of 26,000 season ticket holders.

“We want to make this as easy as possible for supporters to come to take part in the amnesty and we also want to make it easy as possible for supporters to come to games. We also want to be open, transparent and engage fans in this process and that’s the reason we are bringing this issue to the Ticket Availability Fan Forum so we can have an open dialogue.”

Asked to explain how the process would work in practice, Tom Boardman, senior project manager at Liverpool FC, said in the first instance supporters would be required to provide photographic ID.

“This could be done online via an app or in person at the ticket office,” he said. “Individual season ticket holders would be able to upload a picture online in order for those season tickets to be assigned correctly. In future, this might allow pictures to be used on season tickets.”

The latter point was challenged by forum member Anna Burgess who sought further information about the potential for photographic ID being used in the future. “I’m not sure many supporters would be comfortable with this idea,” she said, although forum member Nigel Taylor said he would have no problem with it in principle.

“In the first instance, this would be about allowing us to verify supporters during the amnesty effectively,” Tom Boardman said. “Any ideas of that type would be for the next stage and would be open to debate,” Phil Dutton said. “The first stage is simply about providing supporters with a mechanism that will allow them to put season tickets in the right names.”

Though supportive of the idea of an amnesty in principle, the forum members present raised a number of concerns and issues which they urged the club to address prior to implementation. Forum member Kieth Culvin said: “You need to give people the full information before forcing any of this on them.

“One of the things the club is saying is that they need to know who is coming to the game and I can understand the reasons for that but this is something that can change on the night before a game or the morning of a game. There are more than 50,000 people who come to Anfield for every game and they all have different circumstances.

“If I have a season ticket and it is in my name, what would happen if I was ill would I be able to pass it on to my son at such late notice because if people can’t do that why would they participate in an amnesty?”

“If your son is using your season ticket to come to the game it could simply be a case of transferring your ticket to him on the phone,” Phil Dutton said. “There are a range of options that we are looking at, including a friends and family scheme with season ticket holders being able to make nominations for that at the start of every season because, as I said, we want to make this as easy as possible for our supporters to come to the game.

“This process will likely take a couple of seasons to fully implement and we want to consult with supporters right through that process, this is just stage one of making our systems and processes very transparent and efficient to use.”

Forum member Andrew Morris said: “As long as the club is very transparent about this in terms of what they are doing and how they are doing it, it is the right thing to do. But whatever season tickets end up coming back to the club via this process have to go to those on the season ticket waiting list.”

“It would be helpful if the club would announce the number of season tickets that have come back in and what they are doing with them,” added forum member Rae Bezer.

“We want to provide transparency,” replied Phil Dutton. “But for that to happen we need to know who is in possession of season tickets. If a supporter owns one that belonged to his or her uncle who died many years ago just tell us and we will put it in your name.”

Anna Burgess said: “It just needs to be really transparent so that this is as fair as it possibly can be. People will be far more receptive if that is the case.”

Kieth Culvin sought clarity on whether the club’s desire to know who is attending games extends to those who use corporate and hospitality facilities. “If it doesn’t and those in hospitality are given a walkover, this will just blow up in the club’s face,” he said.

Phil Dutton stressed that the same objective would apply to all supporters equally. “Those in hospitality would also be part of the overall process,” he said. “How the process works in practice might be slightly different but all supporters who come into the stadium will be subject to a verification process; this is stage one of this.”

Kieth Culvin asked what would happen to children and young people who use an adult’s season ticket to attend matches alongside parents. “You have kids who are paying a full adult season ticket price, if the season ticket is put in their name will they be eligible for a concession?”

“Yes. This will be the chance to do it,” Phil Dutton responded. “But people need to consider very carefully how they do this, we will not be allowing season tickets to be transferred once this process is completed and will be monitoring usage, junior tickets are for juniors, not for adults.”

The conversation then moved onto the issue of empty seats at home games and it was agreed that the discussion over a proposed amnesty will be resumed at the next ticket availability forum.

On the problem of seats being left vacant, Phil Dutton said that on average 2,737 remain empty at every home fixture despite tickets having been purchased for those seats in advance. “This is very simple from our point of view, we just want the place to be full,” he said.

“To put those figures in context, if those tickets were made available they would, in theory, add up to 20 per cent to the members’ sale. This is a significant number. Quite frankly, it is ludicrous that 5-6 per cent of the stadium capacity is not being used when there are so many supporters who want to be in the ground.”

A range of possible solutions were put forward by the forum members with Rae Bezer suggesting a phone app to facilitate spare tickets being passed on or returned to the club and Andrew Morris and Anna Burgess contending that the club should do more to incentivise supporters who cannot attend by refunding the full value of their tickets. Anna Burgess also asked if the club would allow supporters to donate tickets to younger fans.

Phil Dutton said all of those ideas would be workable. “From the club’s perspective, we can change many things but there needs to be a bit of give and take on this,” he said. “We can improve the buyback facility, we can put a friends and family scheme in place, we can do all of those things and more.

“But what would you do if, even after all of that was done, someone continued to leave their seat empty on a regular basis? Some European clubs have a three strikes and you’re out rule which means that anyone who leaves their seat empty three times in the same season loses their season ticket. You might think that is harsh but we have to do something, we need a fair deterrent.”

Kieth Culvin argued against Liverpool following that kind of example, saying there are any number of reasons why people are unable to attend a particular match and that not all supporters have the wherewithal or the inclination to trigger buyback or friends and family options.

Andrew Morris said that while it is agreed in principle that this is an issue that needs to be resolved “we have to work out what a suitable deterrent would be” if the club makes it as easy as possible for supporters to return tickets ahead of games.

Forum member Melissa Fallon suggested one possible solution would be for any supporter who leaves a seat empty to have their ticket deactivated for the following fixture.

“We have to be very careful with this,” Kieth Culvin said. “We all accept there is a problem but it is about making sure that if there is a deterrent that it is fair and proportionate.”

“This was a positive forum,” said Tony Barrett, Liverpool’s head of supporter and club liaison. “There was a consensus about the need for a season ticket amnesty and also about the need for the club to do more to tackle the problem of empty seats but there was also a series of healthy challenges from supporters with regard to the approaches that should be taken to resolve these issues.

“Having listened to the concerns that were raised by supporters about how the season ticket amnesty should operate in practice, the next stage for the club needs to be for clarity to be provided so that supporters know how it would work and how it would apply to them. The club has said it would like the amnesty to start in June but a great deal more information and consultation will be required before then.”
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Season Ticket Amnesty
« Reply #1 on: February 9, 2018, 06:26:05 pm »
more a screenplay that an announcement - very hard to read and get to the crux of whats going on!

That said an amnesty i'm sure will be welcomed IF the aim is to get the tickets from touts and not to penalise those people using a deceased relatives card who may have been using it for years for example

I think the best shout would be to have photos on the cards along with say 2 others who you nominate to use it from time to time. Beyond the group of three the ticket can be given back to the club up to say an hour before the game and reallocated to a members card.

Sure they'll work it out though!

Offline JohnOK

• Main Stander
« Reply #2 on: February 9, 2018, 06:49:32 pm »
Yes I think getting to the touts is the big thing here. There will a ton of questions needing answering when they do launch this though - mine being that everyone knows someone who is using a ST that has been passed on through the family when a relative has passed away. Does that mean that can never happen again even if the club are informed?

Offline wackojackouk

• Main Stander
« Reply #3 on: February 9, 2018, 07:53:10 pm »
I’m intrigued with this because I technically share two season tickets.

I go with either my mate, my missus or my kids (3 of them) one at a time obviously.

The other guy who shares the ticket does the same thing with his father and daughter.

We’re happy that we go to games. If I take my son it’s effectively £94 a game but that’s the price of 2 adults roughly per game.

I hope they give the options to have family and friends. They could even be smart and charge a fee or make it that the family member has to have a membership on top

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #4 on: February 9, 2018, 07:56:24 pm »
Lot of fans have been calling for it, hats off to the owners for listening. If it takes tickets off touts, then it's a good move.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: February 9, 2018, 08:46:22 pm »
Interesting.   Getting to the touts is piss easy if The Club wants to sort the problem.  The same ones trade with impuinity at the back of The Kop each game.   It is not difficult to source the tickets that appear on websites.  There are loads on offer for every away.  Very easy to identify the source.  Obvious first timers present themselves at the turnstiles unable to use the scanner with a season ticket.  Walk around U1 or U9 any game and see the tourists who have forked out several hundred pounds for a £9 local sale ticket.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #6 on: February 9, 2018, 08:49:07 pm »
Why pictures? How about you scan your ticket at the gate, it then asks for you to speak into the microphone, if you don't sound scouse, you don't get in. Simple.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #7 on: February 9, 2018, 08:54:12 pm »
the crux of that is

if your on your uncles ticket at he's been 6ft under for the last decade, then just tell them and they'll put the ticket in your name and also that a ticket cant be transferred again in the future.

It's great they're doing something.
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #8 on: February 9, 2018, 08:56:17 pm »
I know that some STs get passed on to tourists for every game - it is more prevalent than I first thought. Now I am sure some of those at least cost more that face value.....which would help to explain why there are so many tourists in the Kop too - like the two next to me. If it helps stop that, I am all for it.

There are bound to be teething problems, but happy they are trying something.

Next job - stop the empty Corporate seats....
We are a team of one half.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: February 9, 2018, 09:54:47 pm »
Yes I think getting to the touts is the big thing here. There will a ton of questions needing answering when they do launch this though - mine being that everyone knows someone who is using a ST that has been passed on through the family when a relative has passed away. Does that mean that can never happen again even if the club are informed?

It shouldn't be if we are being honest.

Offline Birdontheshirt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2018, 08:28:45 am »
Putting photos on seasies is a big step.   It would stop passing down a seasie within the family when someone dies.  Is that what everyone wants going forward?  My impression is that there are a lot of seasies that have passed down within families in the past.  Now if it were to make a big difference to the seasie waiting list, I’d be in favour.  But let’s have some clear communication from the club about process for withdrawing a seasie when someone dies - not just say that photos means they know who is in which seat.  It needs full and frank discussion of all the impacts of club having everyone’s photos. Will photos be made available to police if there’s a stadium disturbance? - I’m guessing the answer is yes.
Luck favours the brave, but not the stupid.

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2018, 09:12:49 am »
For me a potential amnesty covers 3 main points

1- It should eventually prevent a lot of season tickets being touted.

2- It gives the club clarity of who is using the ticket (after allowing people to register in the name of the person who is actually using it).

3- It will also mean that the season ticket waiting list should hopefully start to move again - This will be from the tickets that are taken from the touts, and also from the people/families who aren't allowed to pass it on after the amnesty. This is always going to cause an issue because of the emotional aspect around many tickets. I don't know what the club can do on this one, as arguably this practice has contributed to the current problem around the waiting list and policing of tickets.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2018, 10:05:44 am »
the crux of that is

if your on your uncles ticket at he's been 6ft under for the last decade, then just tell them and they'll put the ticket in your name and also that a ticket cant be transferred again in the future.

It's great they're doing something.

And then take your name of the waiting list, so we can see the true list.

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2018, 01:35:44 pm »
I find it hard to believe that there are 2700 odd empty seats at every match or at least among the 'general supporters'.  Sure you see the odd empty seat or two around the ground  but the main areas of empty seats are in the corporate  section of the main stand or in the away section at midweek games!

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2018, 08:54:37 pm »
I find it hard to believe that there are 2700 odd empty seats at every match or at least among the 'general supporters'.  Sure you see the odd empty seat or two around the ground  but the main areas of empty seats are in the corporate  section of the main stand or in the away section at midweek games!

I do as well, see a few in u1 & 9 but 3k sounds a lot
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2018, 10:01:50 pm »
I'm intrigued why the 2700(average per game)* are left empty on match day? Is it corporates? Loyalty purposes?(buy and not attend?!) genuine last minute travel/personal reasons?

*does it include midweek league cup games(attendance for some matches is below 50% capacity sometimes!)
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2018, 10:21:28 pm »
I know that some STs get passed on to tourists for every game - it is more prevalent than I first thought. Now I am sure some of those at least cost more that face value.....which would help to explain why there are so many tourists in the Kop too - like the two next to me. If it helps stop that, I am all for it.

There are bound to be teething problems, but happy they are trying something.

Next job - stop the empty Corporate seats....

Corporate seats in the Anny Road and elsewhere that are linked to off-site hospitality go into the general sale if they aren't sold as part of a package. You see them popping up in the upper Anny Road in the late sales.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2018, 02:25:54 pm »
Fair play to the club for trying to sort this out. Incredibly difficult.

Issue will be people who go on other people's season tickets and have done for years - what if the real owner of the ticket refuses them to transfer the ticket?

They have to try and use technology to help this though especially cases when STH can't go to the game.

Maybe nominate 5 members at the beginning of the season who can use the season ticket. If the STH can't go they can transfer the ticket to one of these 5 members. It then deactivated the ST and then activates the member card.

If they all have photo ids then it shouldn't be an issue.
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Online gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2018, 03:18:32 pm »

Issue will be people who go on other people's season tickets and have done for years - what if the real owner of the ticket refuses them to transfer the ticket?

They have to try and use technology to help this though especially cases when STH can't go to the game.

Maybe nominate 5 members at the beginning of the season who can use the season ticket. If the STH can't go they can transfer the ticket to one of these 5 members. It then deactivated the ST and then activates the member card.

Your right about existing named holders who just pass it on , some wont have been the game for years but for some reason will be against letting it go for prestige , bragging rights or some other reason . But the reason they don't go themselves are generally work related or financial so with the introduction of photo they will have a choice to start going again and paying £800 odd or bite the bullet and lose it . Expect a few tales of existing holders wanting a payment of the new holder just to transfer ..can see that coming

Online Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2018, 08:18:26 pm »

But why should it be just a set number of friends you can transfer what if they are sorted already or can’t go - you should be able to transfer to any member - the exchange here works brilliantly and they aren’t your nominated mates and why should you not be able to sort anyone who is a member should be very simple to implement

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2018, 08:36:57 pm »
But why should it be just a set number of friends you can transfer what if they are sorted already or can’t go - you should be able to transfer to any member - the exchange here works brilliantly and they aren’t your nominated mates and why should you not be able to sort anyone who is a member should be very simple to implement

open to touting that surely???
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2018, 08:40:41 pm »

Think the suggestion is a few who can physically take the card

Beyond that it be released and the st deactivated and it be available on a members resale

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2018, 02:04:37 pm »
After listening to TAW show this week and the discussion on tickets with Jay McKenna I asked this question on the comments section of TAW but wanted to ask people's opinion on here on it and also any SOS members who frequent the boards

Agree with SOS on a whole host of issues and agree with Jay on the majority of things he says.

However. I always wonder what the SOS lads would think if they couldn’t get a Season Ticket at all (be it in their name or their mates’ name) due to the fact that so many have been ‘loaned out’ by STH to other people? Some of the SOS lads have effectively ‘jumped the queue’ but think its all ok, as they have a ticket – not sure what they would think if the other way around?

Appreciate that Jay would say “well ive paid £700 every year for 10 years for this”- which is true but he’s got the ticket as he ‘knows the right people’, not because he was due one – be interesting on his thoughts if this “knowing the right people” happens in other walks of life.
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2018, 02:17:52 pm »
After listening to TAW show this week and the discussion on tickets with Jay McKenna I asked this question on the comments section of TAW but wanted to ask people's opinion on here on it and also any SOS members who frequent the boards

Agree with SOS on a whole host of issues and agree with Jay on the majority of things he says.

However. I always wonder what the SOS lads would think if they couldn’t get a Season Ticket at all (be it in their name or their mates’ name) due to the fact that so many have been ‘loaned out’ by STH to other people? Some of the SOS lads have effectively ‘jumped the queue’ but think its all ok, as they have a ticket – not sure what they would think if the other way around?

Appreciate that Jay would say “well ive paid £700 every year for 10 years for this”- which is true but he’s got the ticket as he ‘knows the right people’, not because he was due one – be interesting on his thoughts if this “knowing the right people” happens in other walks of life.

I havent really got a problem with it and have seen it both sides of the coin.

Previously I had access to a season ticket for a season. loved it. didnt think twice about having it. circumstances meant it was a one season thing but i could have had it again the next year and probably for a stretch. Almost a bit of dont hate the player, hate the game kind of thing.

I am now on the waiting list in about 1300 position so have been on the list along time.

My main wish is to get them off the touts. Estimated numbers for these was about 2000 i think? People who have had them for ages from other people should get them shifted to their names. Those who have them in their names, who farm them out should fall in line with whatever new rules and if they dont they either pay it themselves and go the matches or they give it up.

There is no reason to keep hold of it for the sake of it.

I am torn on the old passing it down thing upon someone dying. I think i'm more comfortable if it goes to someone who is an active member and attending games. if it goes to someone who has never been then that should go back to the club. I can however see both sides of the argument on this. My thoughts are if theres a brother and sister who are STH and been the game for 30 years on seasies and one passes away. should the remaining sibling not be able to go to the game with someone? its a tough one and i dont envy the club at all trying to pick through the details

away from this it was an interesting point a few posts up. someone said they wouldnt be surprised to see people trying to charge folk to change the name on their season ticket if its been on long term loan kind of thing. they can fuck off in my opinion if that started. the ticket isnt theirs to profit from and they fall in the tout category as far as i'm concerned and should lose it. how that gets policed i dont know and why should the loanee suffer but that may fall into the category of "you knew the risks having someone elses ticket" bit like using someones ticket for aways. if they pull the plug you lose your loyalty that you have built up which doesnt seem fair but those are the risks.

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2018, 03:28:11 pm »

I think most people who have been using other peoples season tickets have got them from knowing the right people. I have had the opportunity to take one up the last 3 seasons (all different cards) but declined the offers to stay on my members card.
The problem for people who have been using other peoples cards is when the named person isn't willing to transfer names, no matter how long you have been using the card, it isn't yours. I know I'm stating the obvious but that is and always has been the case, and amnesty or not, the named person could legally take his card back at any given time, with no doubt the backing of the club.

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2018, 05:25:33 pm »
It is this mentality though which has stopped the 'flow' of new ST being available.

Not saying it's easy but if we had enough supply for demand then people could give it up and then it goes to the next person on the list etc etc.

Think everything with tickets boil down to this. If we had an 65k  seated stadium then the problem may be solved
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2018, 06:21:04 pm »
It is this mentality though which has stopped the 'flow' of new ST being available.

Not saying it's easy but if we had enough supply for demand then people could give it up and then it goes to the next person on the list etc etc.

Think everything with tickets boil down to this. If we had an 65k  seated stadium then the problem may be solved

Is it mentality or is it capacity. The club did wipe a couple of thousand from the waiting list earlier on in the decade and more would have come off when the main stand was completed. Part of the amnesty has to be that if anyone gets sorted that's on the waiting list then they also come off of the waiting list. Hopefully the Anny Road being upgraded will wipe a few thousand more from the list.

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2018, 11:12:53 pm »
Why pictures? How about you scan your ticket at the gate, it then asks for you to speak into the microphone, if you don't sound scouse, you don't get in. Simple.

😂😂😂😂

Online Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2018, 08:11:12 am »
Think the suggestion is a few who can physically take the card

Beyond that it be released and the st deactivated and it be available on a members resale

But sometimes you want to do someone a favour eg I can't do this weekend and a friend of mine (who can't afford to go regularly anymore) has been desperate to take his kid to anfield to see a game so I'm giving him mine - these sort of people will never get to be sorted in the future if you can't transfer to adhoc friends as well.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2018, 09:45:57 am »
The club said they don't want empty seats so there will have to be some sort of facility for friends & family so they can be passed on f someone is ill etc.....probably

Offline lfc79

• Kopite
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2018, 01:20:40 pm »
All electronic tickets on season tickets or members card should be returnable  up to say 1hour before kick off on match day on the basis that the club will refund you the cost if the ticket is resold, with a ticket sale queue at the city centre store where they can transfer the ticket onto a fan card.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2018, 02:31:23 pm »
The city centre store ??? At the ground surely or they could miss KO. Would require resourcing though..

Offline lfc79

• Kopite
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2018, 05:46:04 pm »
I'm guessing their might but rules about selling tickets at the ground on match day, maybe the sale would need to end an hour before kick off. The resourcing should not be too bit like the online website allows you to long on cancel your ticket once done its in the system an sales person at ticket office enter the new fan card an allocate the system to it. You could do it online but having it at the store would increase tickets going to local fans.
It would be easy and pretty cheap to set-up and run but for the club they have already sold those tickets so why bother.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2018, 12:52:02 pm »

:lmao
I'm Welsh but I can do a good scouse accent, will that do?

Two things I'd like to ask.
1. Can anyone honestly say that they thought it was possible that there are nearly 3000 empty seats at every home game? I reckon that's bollocks. The only places I see any empty spaces are in the prawn sandwich seats after half time when all the freeloaders are filling their guts with smoked salmon and the like.
2. What is the present situation regarding the transferring of season tickets. I know an old fella who will stop renewing his next season due to ill health. Me and a mate have been using his season ticket for a long time so can we get it transferred to my name. I know you used to be able to do this a few years ago but what is the current situation?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 12:55:31 pm by redprodigal »

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2018, 03:58:05 pm »
1. There are a couple by me who aren't always used (owner works abroad and maybe durst always find ppl to use them. From London.) So I imagine there are several around the ground but I was surprised at 3000 too. Not convinced.
2. Don't know

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2018, 09:02:05 pm »
Just out of interest does anyone hold a child season ticket?  How did you get it??

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2018, 09:05:35 pm »
Just out of interest does anyone hold a child season ticket?  How did you get it??

I hold one. I pushed a kid off a swing to get it.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2018, 09:15:11 pm »

ST's could used to be transferred. Think it was about 5 years ago when they stopped it. So if someone transferred it five years ago to say, a ten year old, then they'd still be on a child ST now.  Doubt there's very many child STs though.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2018, 10:17:32 am »

Forum member Melissa Fallon suggested one possible solution would be for any supporter who leaves a seat empty to have their ticket deactivated for the following fixture.

we have Tory Prime Minister material here !!!!!

they have credit details, home addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, date of births, now they hope they can obtain photo identification ?? disaster waiting to happen with data protection, finger prints then next

all for filling the ground generating additional revenue, but it leaves people wide open to abuse