Author Topic: Home to Bournemouth April 14th  (Read 6295 times)

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
  • Upper Centenary Boys - We Are Here
    • Live Online Footy at a bargain price
Home to Bournemouth April 14th
« on: February 3, 2018, 12:55:52 am »
This is down as a 3 pm kick off.

That day is Grand National day. 

Sunday 15th is Hillsborough anniversary.

Anybody heard if this is going to be moved to Friday or Monday?  I'm pretty certain we don't play at home on Grand National day from memory.

Season Ticket Holder in 2011.  A 16 year wait for a top seat in CE6.

Offline redman1974

• Legacy Fan
  • scottkop105 on twitter My new number 07511165355
Re: Home to Bournemouth April 14th
« Reply #1 on: February 3, 2018, 05:57:28 am »
We used to, I remember being at our game V Ipswich at home in the 90s which kicked off at either 11 or 1130am on National day. Incidentally I'm pretty sure we won 1-0 that day with a Julian Dicks goal which was the last goal to be scored by a Liverpool player in front of the old standing Kop.
« Last Edit: February 3, 2018, 06:02:11 am by redman1974 »

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: February 3, 2018, 08:42:39 am »
Quarter final second legs are on the Tuesday and Wednesday of that week so can't see it being Friday if we qualify. The draw for the quarters is the 16th March and the April fixtures are due to be confirmed on the 28th February.

Tv companies usually don't give two shits about fans but a bit much scheduling it for the Monday wouldn't you think. Serious travel involved for Bournemouth fans. Possibly early kick off on the Saturday?
« Last Edit: February 3, 2018, 08:45:57 am by DangerScouse »

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 3, 2018, 12:37:25 pm »
Quarter final second legs are on the Tuesday and Wednesday of that week so can't see it being Friday if we qualify. The draw for the quarters is the 16th March and the April fixtures are due to be confirmed on the 28th February.

Tv companies usually don't give two shits about fans but a bit much scheduling it for the Monday wouldn't you think. Serious travel involved for Bournemouth fans. Possibly early kick off on the Saturday?

Bournemouths first away game after they got promoted was a Monday night at Anfield.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: February 3, 2018, 12:39:57 pm »

Merseyside police won't allow on the Friday or Sat especially if merseyrail strike over national weekend like last year
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
  • Of the glory, round the fields, of Anfield Road!
« Reply #5 on: February 6, 2018, 10:52:13 am »
Merseyside police won't allow on the Friday or Sat especially if merseyrail strike over national weekend like last year

Why wont they allow it the Friday or Saturday?
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline chrisfletcher

• RAWK Pyschic. He knows what we're all thinking. He must be pretty pissed off at me then...Shit song writer.
  • Anny Roader
    • Twitter
« Reply #6 on: February 6, 2018, 11:04:18 am »

Because they won't have enough policeman to deal with it all - it's gonna be Monday night

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
  • Of the glory, round the fields, of Anfield Road!
« Reply #7 on: February 6, 2018, 11:08:46 am »
Because they won't have enough policeman to deal with it all - it's gonna be Monday night

It would appear to make the most sense alright.
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 01:10:01 am »
Ladies Day on the Friday of the GN Festival = lots of drunk people in town! :D

Bournemouth played us and Everton at night that season. They are probably used to it. Someone at the match today said they had looked into bringing it forward to next weekend but it the first I'd heard of it Clearly not going to happen now I know, but didn't even know it had been mooted.
We are a team of one half.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2018, 12:11:40 pm »
I think it's that low risk as games go they might let us play on the Saturday. If there was absolutely no chance of that they'd have already moved it because they usually don't wait until the TV games are announced to move games like this. It's usually moved as soon as the fixtures are out. Wouldn't surprise me if they'd handpicked it as an experiment to argue they can do it permanently. It's a rule that they brought in a long time ago.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2018, 03:13:26 pm »
No way qill police allow this to be friday or saturday, was different years agp when we playd on national day as an ezrly kick off as national wasnt as big as it is now no way could both be policed especially traffoc build up wise its bad nough on national day without another big event not to far away happening

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
  • Upper Centenary Boys - We Are Here
    • Live Online Footy at a bargain price
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2018, 05:55:20 pm »
14th it is.  weird ;D
Season Ticket Holder in 2011.  A 16 year wait for a top seat in CE6.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2018, 03:47:29 pm »
Fair play.

I'll be at Aintree but shite time for those wanting to watch the Nash!

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2018, 05:52:32 pm »
I would of thought that the PL would of consulted the bizzies, Aintree, Anfield and Bournemouth before confirming the date with the tele !
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline lfc79

• Kopite
« Reply #14 on: March 1, 2018, 01:42:15 pm »
"Serious travel involved for Bournemouth fans. Possibly early kick off on the Saturday?"

Hahaha, like the PL give a shit about fans

Offline Swiss Red

• Kemlynite
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2018, 11:05:40 pm »
Few of us heading from Switzerland for this match. Landing in Friday afternoon, leaving Sunday morning. Given the national is on, should we be looking to get up to Anfield earlier than usual?

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2018, 12:56:10 pm »
Few of us heading from Switzerland for this match. Landing in Friday afternoon, leaving Sunday morning. Given the national is on, should we be looking to get up to Anfield earlier than usual?

Not really people will be heading there lunch time with the first race early afternoon. So heading to anfield normal time ie say 1-3 hours pre game will be the same as always

Concern for me is the National will be finishing just  as the game starts which might cause a bit of bother outside at ko

Offline MakeUsDreamAgain

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2018, 11:03:04 pm »
Hi guys, I am visiting Liverpool for the first time, and I will get to Anfield for the home game against Bournemouth. I have been promised (with good enough reason to book and pay flights, accommodation and everything) that I will get a ticket from a player, for "friends and family" (notSalah). My only worry is what happens if I do not get the ticket? So I am willing to buy a hospitality ticket as a backup for that specific game.

My question is: what does "for home supporters only" mean? I would like to buy one ticket just to be sure, just not sure what it means.

Please enlighten me.

Cheers

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2018, 11:06:47 pm »
Hi guys, I am visiting Liverpool for the first time, and I will get to Anfield for the home game against Bournemouth. I have been promised (with good enough reason to book and pay flights, accommodation and everything) that I will get a ticket from a player, for "friends and family" (notSalah). My only worry is what happens if I do not get the ticket? So I am willing to buy a hospitality ticket as a backup for that specific game.

My question is: what does "for home supporters only" mean? I would like to buy one ticket just to be sure, just not sure what it means.

Please enlighten me.

Cheers

Liverpool fans only so not for Bournemouth fans - it’s fine to purchase

Offline MakeUsDreamAgain

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2018, 11:09:09 pm »
cheers, never knew there could be bournemouth fans willing to buy hospitality and pay that much

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2018, 11:10:45 pm »
cheers, never knew there could be bournemouth fans willing to buy hospitality and pay that much

There won’t be to be honest but it’s a standard line on the hospitality sales. The bigger teams might have fans willing to pay it and try their luck

Offline MakeUsDreamAgain

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2018, 11:21:05 pm »
thanks a lot, i will purchase

I see I am meeting an ex player at the venue, might as well call him Stevie or Carra to his face, whoever he is, see how he reacts.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2018, 11:44:22 pm »

They used to be cheaper before the main stand was extended. Went to my first game that way four years or so ago. It was about 100 quid back then, but I just went to the game and didn't do the hospitality stuff (getting pre-match food)... ;)

Offline MakeUsDreamAgain

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2018, 12:47:44 am »
3 course meal, I mean I know it might be great, I just want to be sure I can enter Anfield, that's it

Oh, and I will meet an ex-player.

Not having anything against Voronin, but no, no Konchesky

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2018, 08:26:36 am »
thanks a lot, i will purchase

I see I am meeting an ex player at the venue, might as well call him Stevie or Carra to his face, whoever he is, see how he reacts.

The ex player won't be recent as those normally someone like David fairclough, Phil Neal, Roy Evans era
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity