Author Topic: Tomorrow let's turn Anfield into a cauldron of noise and a feast of colour  (Read 7487 times)

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
This Wednesday's game against Olympiacos is the Reds' most important game of the season so far. A 1-0 win or any other victory by two goals over Olympiacos will see us advance to the knock out stages of the Champions League in February.

So it's up to us as fans to create the best possible atmosphere we can to help the Reds to the win we need. The game resonates with memories of Roma in the last group stage in March 2002 where we needed a two goal win to advance. That night is often remembered for Gerard Houllier's surprise return from illness to the touchline, but should also be remembered for the incredible atmoshpere that was generated on the night and saw us tear into Roma and win 2-0 with goals by Jari and Emile. Fabio Capello described his Roma team that night as being like an umbrella trying to cope with a hurricane such was the passion from our team and fans.

So on Wednesday bring any flags you have, old or new; bring scarves, wear Red, and bring anything you can think of to add to the occasion - especially your singing voice. We all know that a bit of lubrication pre-match can help in this respect so tell the boss you're off to the dentist and get down the pub early. If you've not heard it then listen to the new Rafa Benitez song to get you in the mood and get practicing:

Ra-ra-Rafa Benitez (to the tune 'La Bamba') - recorded live at Villa Park:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/images/misc/rafabenitez.mp3

Ra-ra-Rafa Benitez
Ra-ra-Rafa Benitez
Xabi Alonso, Garcia and Nunez
Ra Ra Rafa
Ra Ra Rafa

Ra-ra-Rafa Benitez .......

Quotes from the players:

Stevie G has said " We can do it at Anfield, with the fans behind us" and Sami chipped in with "The crowd definitely helped us against Roma and we need to get them behind us again".

And if you need any more proof of why we should make that special effort in the week of the derby v Everton read the words of our newest recruit Xabi Alonso on the possibility of a groundshare:

"I support the fans who don't want it ... I prefer it when each team has their own stadium."

And Rafa on the same subject: "In terms of atmosphere it is better that a team plays in its own stadium

Rafa and Xabi have barely been here a few months and they already understand what it means to be a Red and how important the fans and Anfield are. Make them proud of our stadium and us.

So spread the word, we need everybody to make the effort and make it a great noisy Scouse night. Wear yer Granny's rosette, bring a rattle, dust down that favourite banner you took to Paris in 81. Bring your flag and wave it with pride. But most importantly bring yourself and make this a Flag Day to remember. It could be a special one.

Come on you Reds! Liverpool Liverpool Liverpool ....

----------------

Once more there will also be a mosaic on the Kop for a big European night. As ever it is being organised by Andy Knott of the Red All Over The Land fanzine in conjunction with the club. They're looking for volunteers to help lay out the specially designed cards that will form a mosaic in honour of the 96 Liverpool fans who lost their lives at Hillsborough and the 21 Olympiacos supporters who were killed in a similar disaster in Athens 23 years ago.

Andy explains: "Greek football's darkest day came on February 8th 1981 at the end of an Athens 'derby' between Olympiacos CFP and AEK Athens FC at the Karaiskakis stadium but so little has ever been told about it.

"Olympiacos, the home side, ran out comfortable 6-0 winners, but the margin of the victory caused an unprecedented rush by their fans to leave the stadium in order to meet the victorious players at the stadium entrance.

"Unfortunately, in their eagerness to leave the stadium, the stairs of Gate 7 in particular, became overwhelmed. People rushed down the angled stairs, but not being able to see that those ahead of them were unable to exit, a crush ensued, leaving 21 supporters dead and many others injured.

"This mosaic is in memory of the 96 and 21 and a real gesture on our behalf to the Greeks who lost their lives."

At the away fixture in Greece, in a wonderful gesture, members of the Gate 7 fan group paraded a banner in front of our fans at the end of the game.

If you would like to volunteer your services on the morning of the match, Andy can be contacted on the following email address: akraotl@aol.com

© RAWK 2004
« Last Edit: December 7, 2004, 07:04:17 pm by Rushian »
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline Brick Tamland

• Helllllo Jen
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love lamp
Fucking well in. This is a massive, massive game.  If you heard stories of St.Etienne, Roma, but weren't there.... make this your night and get behind the team. They need our backing and lets give them it for 90 minutes.
"I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks."

Offline JMarsh

• Wise beyond his years
  • Legacy Fan
  • Girls Aloud fan.
Damn right....I can't think of what to say except I'm so excited I could shit. COME ON YOU REDMEN!!!

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
Am absolutely gutted I can't be there.

I'm so proud of our lads and the way they are fighting for the club now.

I'm equally proud of the thought and respect that has gone into the mosaic in honour of our 96 and the Olympiacos 21.

You can make history tonight. We will not fail. I can't wait to hear 'Ring of Fire' der der derring all around the ground after each of our three goals...  :scarf :scarf :scarf

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan

Make more noise than you've ever made before. :wave

At Anfield on Wednesday this calm yet passionate defender, this ice-cold Hot Hyypia, will bring composure and commitment, in his usual mix, to Liverpool’s back line. Liverpool must beat Olympiakos to progress in the Champions League, by 1-0 or two clear goals. For once, there is good news regarding injuries — Milan Baros should return from a hamstring strain. “What Milan brings is simple: goals,” says Hyypia. “He’ll be important against Olympiakos because we need to score. Roma 1 is our benchmark. The atmosphere at Anfield that night was incredible, and we need to lift the supporters like that again.

87:13

Offline Obi Wan Gomi

• Would like to see more moustaches in the dressing room
  • Legacy Fan
  • we'll win it six times
Cmon you fucking redmen.

And I mean those going to the game. Let em have it.
77-78-81-84-05

Offline Dermot

• Rent this renovated space for just £3.99/month. Price includes neon backlighting.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
COME ON YOU REDMEN. 

:scarf :scarf Liv-er-pool Liv-er-pool Liv-er-pool Liv-er-pool Liv-er-pool Liv-er-pool Liv-er-pool Liv-er-pool Liv-er-pool Liv-er-pool Liv-er-pool Liv-er-pool Liv-er-pool Liv-er-pool  :scarf :scarf
The cheek of that mon, deserves a shlap

Offline Woodbury

• Where's my toque eh?
  • Legacy Fan
get in!
Blame Canada!

Offline Brick Tamland

• Helllllo Jen
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love lamp
Everyone in the Kop on yer feet all game please!
"I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks."

Offline Byrnee

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are Magic, Everton are Tragic
COME ON LIVERPOOL!

Ra-ra-Rafa Benitez
Ra-ra-Rafa Benitez
Xabi Alonso, Garcia and Nunez
Ra Ra Rafa
Ra Ra Rafa

Ra-ra-Rafa Benitez .......

'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.'
Bill Shankly

01 06 22 23 47 64 66 73 76 77 79 80 82 83 84 86 88 90 20

77 78 81 84 05 19

At The End Of The Storm I

Offline wellsie82

• Where's me tractorrrrrrrrr?
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Tomorrow let's turn Anfield into a cauldron of noise and a feast of colour
« Reply #10 on: December 7, 2004, 06:07:29 pm »
excellent thread Steve

god im so up this game, just hope everyone else in the stadium is too

can't wait for the colour, the noise, the away fans and to be back on the kop again.  oh and there's a game on too  :scarf

c'mon redmen

this is a massive massive game, just hope the fans can act as the 12th man for a change - fingers crossed
the best cashback site on the net.... Click here to get signed up

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: December 7, 2004, 07:00:41 pm »
wonderful rousing stuff Rushian. Would love to be there, but don't deserve it being the skint part-timer that I am (not for long tho ;) ).

Top dentist suggestion - too right. No excuse could be wrong at this needed time. (I've got mine prepared: 'i've got the squits again... I'm sure I've got MRSA'.) Pubs up and down the country and splashed around the world will be there too.

Great touch about the mosaic - it should be a really special atmosphere up there tomorrow - and if both go through? - there won't be a plate left unbroken ;D

COME ON REDMEN!

Offline redannie

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12 on: December 7, 2004, 07:19:46 pm »
Great post can't wait for tomorrow albeit a little nervously.
What has Josemi done to be left out of the Ra ra Rafa Benitez song? I'm sure that if Xabi was omitted ( only his christian name you understand!) then Josemi will fit. The line still scans

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: December 7, 2004, 08:31:56 pm »
can't make it and have had to sell my ticket...
BUT!
I was at Roma
and for anyone having their first visit to a big European night, make no mistake, tomorrow will raise the hairs on the back of your neck.
You will be astounded at the noise that can be potentially made.
You will feel yourself shouting whether you want to or not
You won't sit down
You won't take your eyes off the pitch
You won't look at your mobile, text your mate or leave for a pint early
You will cry, cheer, sing, shout, be hoarse.

Don't go if you won't take part
You have a duty tomorrow night.
Don't let me down.
Yep.

Offline wellsie82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: December 7, 2004, 08:57:49 pm »
BUT!
I was at Roma
and for anyone having their first visit to a big European night, make no mistake, tomorrow will raise the hairs on the back of your neck.
You won't sit down

Don't let me down.

great post mate, and spot on with the bit ive highlighted

Offline coltmanaman

• Kopite
« Reply #15 on: December 7, 2004, 10:14:55 pm »

Mobile phone beahvoiur during the match is my ultimate pet hate  :wanker

Offline AdamS

• Hey I'm Not Camp! But I am a tart...
  • Legacy Fan
    • BollockyBoo
« Reply #16 on: December 7, 2004, 11:31:19 pm »
BUT!
I was at Roma
You won't sit down

Don't let me down.
Bastard I was planning on reading my programme from cover to cover and going early to be first in the sausage roll queue!

COME ON YOU REDMEN!
If A is a success in life, than A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.

Offline Tetti

• RAWK Agony Aunt. Has a thing for gay singers...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • When you walk....
« Reply #17 on: December 7, 2004, 11:48:32 pm »
I remember crying when I saw Ged that night, and Jari scoring  :-[

Never give up

Offline Mottman

• OCB Rep, King of Bootle, Snake Wrangler Extraordinaire, Member of the Garston is in Runcorn Society
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: December 8, 2004, 01:39:20 pm »
Is right... This is one of the biggest Libpool games since the last one.

No body, and I mean NO BODY can hold a candle to us on night's like this.

Let's get it on...
A boy from the Mersey and a Son of Shankly.

Offline dom_d

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Come on you Mighty Reds
« Reply #19 on: December 8, 2004, 03:08:08 pm »
Come on all you fellow Kopites.

Let's do it for the lads.

I'll be in Block 202 row 60 doing my bit.

Ra-fa Benitez
Ra-fa Benitez

How about a few renditions of A Liverbird Upon My Chest.

A Liverbird Upon My Chest
We are the men of Shankly's best
A team that play-y-s the Liverpool way
And wins the Champions League in May.

;D

Come on you MIGHTY REDS !!!!!!!
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves."

Offline Matty8

• Anny Roader
  • JUSTICE FOR THE 96
We done it.

Offline mr_mad_master

• Posts Utter Shite
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mwa
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2005, 10:32:51 am »
can tell i dont visit this part of the forum to much eh :-[ only just read it but just say i thought it was a great read Steve and that Ill never forget how good the atmosphere sounded from that game :wave
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, THE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE 77 78 81 84 05

Offline mr_mad_master

• Posts Utter Shite
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mwa
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2005, 10:04:56 am »
hope the atmosphere is the same loudness and intencity (is that how you spell it) for bayer as it was for the greeks. Pull those banners out, give those ones going to cardiff an anfield debut. Ge the scarf out and most important TAKE THOSE VOICES ONTO THE KOP...... :wave
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, THE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE 77 78 81 84 05

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
Lets have the same tonight, lets not let the Hsyel occassion get to the players lets remind them for the ninety minutes there in the quarter finals of the champions league.....C'MON REDMEN

Offline kev78

• Legacy Fan
  • Deep Shit
excellent thread Steve

god im so up this game, just hope everyone else in the stadium is too

can't wait for the colour, the noise, the away fans and to be back on the kop again.  oh and there's a game on too  :scarf

c'mon redmen

this is a massive massive game, just hope the fans can act as the 12th man for a change - fingers crossed

hold the front page!! wellsie in 'up for game' shocker!!!

Offline wellsie82

• Legacy Fan
hold the front page!! wellsie in 'up for game' shocker!!!

am actually well up for this one too  :D