Author Topic: Kitsters & MacPhisto and other experts wallpaper shop.  (Read 437826 times)

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Kitsters & MacPhisto and other experts wallpaper shop.
« Reply #400 on: March 8, 2009, 08:14:37 pm »

Got up to where i need to add the faces....it's took me three days to do and 919 different layers, but it's come out pretty well.  Hopefully when I do come to add the faces, it doesn't ruin it completely.

Thata cracker that Art.
I've got the original of that pic and I know I wouldn't have the patience to do what you have done.
Do you use a tablet?
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: March 8, 2009, 08:26:57 pm »
Do you use a tablet?
No, I haven't got one.  Just used the mouse and the vector pen thing in photoshop.

The picture is really more time-consuming than technically difficult.
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: March 8, 2009, 08:29:32 pm »
No, I haven't got one.  Just used the mouse and the vector pen thing in photoshop.

The picture is really more time-consuming than technically difficult.

I think both would apply to me mate.
Iv'e tried the vector pen thing and end up with everything looking like Picasso on acid.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: March 8, 2009, 09:19:50 pm »
Iv'e tried the vector pen thing and end up with everything looking like Picasso on acid.
Ha ha.

Made a little gif...

"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline Pankaka

• Kopite
« Reply #404 on: March 8, 2009, 09:28:49 pm »
Oh my...

Art and Kitster... both of those .gifs are memorising.
At half time, 2-0 down to Manchester City 05/10/08
Quote from: heather123
If we win, I will eat my own head.  Seriously.
We went on to win the game... ;D

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: March 8, 2009, 11:01:42 pm »
Decided to keep it simple with the faces, but at least I've finally finished the fecker.

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #406 on: March 8, 2009, 11:42:32 pm »
Decided to keep it simple with the faces, but at least I've finally finished the fecker.

utterly brilliant. :thumbup cant wait to see some more. :)

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: March 8, 2009, 11:50:48 pm »
If I do another one, I think I may pick one with a few less people in it  :P

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: March 8, 2009, 11:51:10 pm »

Looks superb Art.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Manila Kop

• TRYING HARD TO FIT IN OOTER
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Greatest Fighter in the World
« Reply #409 on: March 9, 2009, 04:56:58 am »

Superlative.
The infallible wank stain
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: March 9, 2009, 11:42:40 am »
If I do another one, I think I may pick one with a few less people in it  :P

Maybe a Goodison crowd scene?

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline alex.

• "Bring out The Blimp!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: March 9, 2009, 03:18:16 pm »
Brilliant work, Art

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: March 10, 2009, 06:02:48 pm »
 Outline composition of a new poster image I'm working on of two called Hunter/Gatherer. I might put a few more little devils being chased by birds in the background, but I'm not sure. I'm looking to change the expression of the devil in the image, and have an idea that I've yet to sketch out but will post it up later when I eventually get round to doing it. I'm not sure to go with a slightly more comical looking expression on the devil or the one here.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: March 10, 2009, 06:07:12 pm »
BTW Art, that's brilliant work, mate. I don't think I'd have the patience. I know the pen tool is a bit of a bollox to work with.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: March 10, 2009, 11:56:14 pm »
Outline composition of a new poster image I'm working on of two called Hunter/Gatherer. I might put a few more little devils being chased by birds in the background, but I'm not sure. I'm looking to change the expression of the devil in the image, and have an idea that I've yet to sketch out but will post it up later when I eventually get round to doing it. I'm not sure to go with a slightly more comical looking expression on the devil or the one here.

That's got the makings of something really special Mac.
I'd go for a comical expression or one of abject fear for the little imp....he looks far too aggressive to me.
He looks to be fighting back and we can't have that.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: March 11, 2009, 12:22:07 am »
Yeah, true. I'll draw up a few expressions and put them in here to see which ones work best. It's not easy balancing something to look both cute, evil, cartoony, and realistic to a degree.

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #416 on: March 11, 2009, 12:28:22 am »
Yeah, true. I'll draw up a few expressions and put them in here to see which ones work best. It's not easy balancing something to look both cute, evil, cartoony, and realistic to a degree.
you must be spying on me  :) - i am just completing an image almost exactly the same - was going to release it for this coming weekend. looking good tho. :)

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: March 11, 2009, 12:34:26 am »

Disney meets Spawn meets the evil dead isn't an easy look to come up with mate.

Maybe the end result of Mascherano mating with a Duracell bunny would go some way to aquiring the desired effect though.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 12:35:59 am by shanklyboy »

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #418 on: March 11, 2009, 12:39:53 am »

is mid painting right now.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: March 11, 2009, 12:44:12 am »
That's uncanny!

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #420 on: March 11, 2009, 01:28:50 pm »
quality stuff guys....

would be great to get ye making some big murals inside the new stadium :D

Offline GonzalezIsARed

• Most prickless poster ever
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: March 11, 2009, 02:53:41 pm »
does anyone know where i can download the champions league font which they use for the kits? or the Premier League one?

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: March 11, 2009, 10:08:43 pm »
Not a Liverpool one, but with the Ashes coming up this summer, I wanted to try the technique on this one....came out quite well.

Offline FORDIE

• Main Stander
« Reply #423 on: March 11, 2009, 10:37:08 pm »
Awesome stuff fellas. Art, that vector is class, will you be doing a gif with the final Vector image? Please do.

MacPhisto, that's arguably the coolest, most vicious looking bird I've ever seen, you can see the level of hate and evil intentions in it's grimace. I love it! My only criticism is, does it look too muc like an Eagle. Both I'm sure that reservation will evaporate soon as the bird is in Glorious Red. Kitster, that is class, great design. Very uncanny you both were thinking of the same concept simultaneously, great minds........ Can't wait for the finished products.

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: March 11, 2009, 11:41:59 pm »
Gif version...

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #425 on: March 11, 2009, 11:53:37 pm »
That style really works Art. New one looks great.

Offline pinkdragon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: March 12, 2009, 12:33:54 am »
Not a Liverpool one, but with the Ashes coming up this summer, I wanted to try the technique on this one....came out quite well.

I like that.
My love. My passion. My life. Liverpool Football Club.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: March 12, 2009, 12:46:13 am »
Awesome stuff fellas. Art, that vector is class, will you be doing a gif with the final Vector image? Please do.

MacPhisto, that's arguably the coolest, most vicious looking bird I've ever seen, you can see the level of hate and evil intentions in it's grimace. I love it! My only criticism is, does it look too muc like an Eagle. Both I'm sure that reservation will evaporate soon as the bird is in Glorious Red. Kitster, that is class, great design. Very uncanny you both were thinking of the same concept simultaneously, great minds........ Can't wait for the finished products.
The features of the bird are a slightly modified appearance of a bird of prey. However, the Liverbird itself was originally intended to be an eagle, but the artists got confused and it resembled a Cormorant more. Modern versions, like the one on the crest, however, resemble more a bird of prey with it's curved beak. The perspective in the drawing is one that hides the length of the neck and the head appears to be bigger than it actually is, and like you say, once it's red, it'll look more distinctive. I probably need to thin the beak a little.

Having a ganders at Kit's image there, it is freaky how we were both thinking of similar ideas, and it's interesting because it shows the different outcome. I was almost going to go for the devil in my sketch reaching out for the fork like the hand is reaching in Kit's design. If I'd done that, well...freaky. Just to let you all know, my second image involves the little devils there being fed to chicks in a nest in the rafters of Anfield. You know, just in case Kit is thinking something the same as well.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: March 12, 2009, 12:59:51 am »

Just to let you all know, my second image involves the little devils there being fed to chicks in a nest in the rafters of Anfield. You know, just in case Kit is thinking something the same as well.
Strange that you should say that Mac.
That image came straight to mind when I saw your new one.......it just looks as though the devil is being dropped into a nest for the open mouthed chicks.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 01:43:51 am by shanklyboy »

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #429 on: March 12, 2009, 01:10:51 am »
That's uncanny!

Not that strange, perhaps if we weren't playing the Mancs at the weekend there maybe some cause for amazement but with it being on everyones minds...

Oh and Art, don't mean to nit pick your brilliant artwork but is there meant to be two Rafa's in the picture?
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: March 12, 2009, 01:44:34 am »

This one is excellent Art, but what's Dirk doing on the right wing there?

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: March 12, 2009, 01:53:16 am »
Not that strange, perhaps if we weren't playing the Mancs at the weekend there maybe some cause for amazement but with it being on everyones minds...

Oh and Art, don't mean to nit pick your brilliant artwork but is there meant to be two Rafa's in the picture?

Big Rafa is standing in front of a mural.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: March 12, 2009, 02:41:17 am »
Strange that you should say that Mac.
That image came straight to mind when I saw your new one.......it just looks as though the devil is being dropped into a nest for the open mouthed chicks.

It does look that way with no foreground or background, but if you look at the tail of the little devil, it's being trod on to stop him squirming away  as the talons are coming down to grip his head, rather than letting him go. I could easily change the standing foot of the bird so that it's clenched, and hey-presto! it's transformed into the bird and imp being in the air with the bird letting go of, instead of it about to grip. Well seen, though.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 02:43:00 am by Macphisto80 »

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: March 12, 2009, 04:02:09 am »
It does look that way with no foreground or background, but if you look at the tail of the little devil, it's being trod on to stop him squirming away  as the talons are coming down to grip his head, rather than letting him go. I could easily change the standing foot of the bird so that it's clenched, and hey-presto! it's transformed into the bird and imp being in the air with the bird letting go of, instead of it about to grip. Well seen, though.

I can see that now you've explained it.
You obviously have the advantage of a finished image in your mind.

It would look great on a banner that.Get it done for Sat and I'll take it with me!!

I'm sure they won't mind!

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline FORDIE

• Main Stander
« Reply #434 on: March 12, 2009, 12:22:22 pm »
The features of the bird are a slightly modified appearance of a bird of prey. However, the Liverbird itself was originally intended to be an eagle, but the artists got confused and it resembled a Cormorant more. Modern versions, like the one on the crest, however, resemble more a bird of prey with it's curved beak. The perspective in the drawing is one that hides the length of the neck and the head appears to be bigger than it actually is, and like you say, once it's red, it'll look more distinctive. I probably need to thin the beak a little.

Cool, thanks for the info, I didn't know that. Don't change the beak though, it's the coolest part, that and the eyes.

royhendo

« Reply #435 on: March 13, 2009, 11:20:31 pm »

Quality :)

I did a few along those lines a while back on a contract - might be good to do some of the skwahd just now eh?

« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 11:43:29 pm by royhendo »

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: March 14, 2009, 12:03:10 am »

I did a few along those lines a while back on a contract - might be good to do some of the skwahd just now eh?

Excellent those Roy.

Zlatan looks very much like Robert Carlisle there.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #437 on: March 14, 2009, 12:08:11 am »

I love that pic of Beefy.
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

royhendo

« Reply #438 on: March 14, 2009, 07:28:02 am »
Could do a Grand Theft Auto poster style effort eh? 

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #439 on: March 14, 2009, 11:06:07 am »
Just a quickie...
Really like this.  First time in a long time that I haven't had a Kitster piece as my wallpaper.  Nice one.  :)
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.