Author Topic: "This fella shouted"  (Read 591048 times)

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
Re: "This fella shouted"
« Reply #2960 on: March 20, 2023, 04:53:26 pm »
Just posted this on the General Forum in The Good Old Days - Wonderful wonky stadiums and fans thread and remembered this thread. So I've popped in here as well.

I remember going to Tranmere's Prenton Park in the late 70's for a League Cup match.
Walking up Borough Road with a load of other reds and just as we got past the Prenton Park pub and get a sight of the old Cowsheds and Borough Road Paddock, one lad shouts out "fucking hell, it's a Subbuteo ground".
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 05:02:38 pm by Terry de Niro »

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #2961 on: March 20, 2023, 05:52:58 pm »
Me mum passed me a Dave Kirby book over the weekend . It's stuff from the early 70's. Getting the choo choo to Bristol in 74 for the quarters the choo choo stopped at Crewe . There's this fat fella standing on the platform with a white suitcase. Anyway Dave's mate sticks his head out the window and goes ... ' ey fat arse , is that a suitcase or a sandwich '

;D
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Online anitrella

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2962 on: March 20, 2023, 07:54:37 pm »
Me mum passed me a Dave Kirby book over the weekend . It's stuff from the early 70's. Getting the choo choo to Bristol in 74 for the quarters the choo choo stopped at Crewe . There's this fat fella standing on the platform with a white suitcase. Anyway Dave's mate sticks his head out the window and goes ... ' ey fat arse , is that a suitcase or a sandwich '

;D
is this his new one, those were the days my friend? My mate picked me up a copy from 12th man in St John’s, looking forward to reading it

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #2963 on: March 20, 2023, 09:26:25 pm »
is this his new one, those were the days my friend? My mate picked me up a copy from 12th man in St John’s, looking forward to reading it

That's the one . When we won the league a few years ago he made a little film and was asking for an old scarf . The one that Andrew Schofield is wearing is me Ma's that she knitted in 63/64. He put the word out for a beauty and people put him onto to me Ma'. When they met she said I believe you know me two lads as Ma's do.

I won't spoil the book for you mate  :wave .

Edit . I was dying to say Scully in there .

« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 09:28:34 pm by kesey »
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2964 on: March 20, 2023, 10:55:12 pm »
Just posted this on the General Forum in The Good Old Days - Wonderful wonky stadiums and fans thread and remembered this thread. So I've popped in here as well.

I remember going to Tranmere's Prenton Park in the late 70's for a League Cup match.
Walking up Borough Road with a load of other reds and just as we got past the Prenton Park pub and get a sight of the old Cowsheds and Borough Road Paddock, one lad shouts out "fucking hell, it's a Subbuteo ground".

;D

Great bump  ;D

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2965 on: October 22, 2023, 01:07:04 pm »
Yesterday "This shower couldn't chase an ice-cream van, never mind a 1 goal deficit"
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2966 on: October 22, 2023, 02:32:54 pm »
"This shower couldn't chase an ice-cream van, never mind a 1 goal deficit"

Online Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #2967 on: April 2, 2024, 09:33:52 am »
Aye up Robbo ;)
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”