The Liverpool FC Forum > Former LFC Players

FORGOTTEN HEROES - John Aldridge

<< < (2/4) > >>

Phuket Red:
Excellent read.  Spot on. He was a forgotten hero.  Barnes and Beardsly took it from him, becuase of their telepathy.

Does anyone remember his last game?  Didn't he run round throwing his kit in the kop, right down to his shinnies. He loved Liverpool.

Did that happen are am I off my head?  

Or was it Rushy?

Keith Lard:
Was on Youtube randomly enjoying vids of John Aldridge.

What a striker, and one of us - a local lad.

Wanted to give this thread a bump as nobody has bothered posting in it for 14 yrs - this man deserves a bit of love!!

Crosby Nick:
Nice read.  Fond memories of that season for obvious reasons,  saw him at first hand v Arsenal finishing off McMahon and Beardsley's go's work "that's the poacher's position".

As for his finale v Palace, was he subbed on discreetly or could you make changes before penalties back then?  Seems an odd loophole if so!

elbow:
He was great, I remember Rushie's last game in his first spell.....Aldo flicked on and Rush knocked it in late on I think. From memory, it seemed like he played that half a season almost in a reserved kind of way. Like he was waiting for Rush to finish and didn't want to get in his way.

The following season though........

Dubred:
Was a fantastic striker.  Lethal finisher and consistent throughout his career.

Obviously held in very high esteem around these quarters but perhaps a little underrated outside this club?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version