Author Topic: Real Madrid v Liverpool - UEFA Champions League R16 Second Leg, 15 March 2023  (Read 18142 times)

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Henderson not in training
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Henderson not in training

Lazy bastard.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Get me Goatlisson, Gomez, Ibou, Virg, Robbo - Trent, Fabinho, Naby - Mo, Darwin, Diogo.

Online PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
Playing 433 plays directly into their hands. Needs to be 4231 or a 4222.

My team:- Ally, TAA, Konate, VVD, Robbo, Bajcetic, Fab, Salah, Bobby, Elliott, Nunez. Keep Jota and Gakpo on the bench for ammunition in the 2nd half.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Playing 433 plays directly into their hands. Needs to be 4231 or a 4222.

My team:- Ally, TAA, Konate, VVD, Robbo, Bajcetic, Fab, Salah, Bobby, Elliott, Nunez. Keep Jota and Gakpo on the bench for ammunition in the 2nd half.

Bajcetic not in training either
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
I'm thinking back to the days under Rafa where we'd get beat by the likes of Middlesbrough and then batter Real Madrid.

Up the reds!

5-0 to Real.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think the team will be well up for this!

Get the first goal and take it from there.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think the team will be well up for this!

Get the first goal and take it from there.

I think so as well....but I don't think we have the ability this season (I know the United result does give us some hope).

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
Yeah not confident for this one.

It is what it is though, free hit. Might as well have a go.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
Thanks Raid for the positive post.

Not really confident even after the United result. If we had destroyed Bournemouth then I’d say we could do it.

RM could just sit back and defend and hit us on the break or they could come at us. I prefer the latter as we might be able to exploit it.

Who knows what the score will be but the odds are stacked against us. Our away form is very poor so this is going to be a huge upset when it happens.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 02:23:09 pm by stockdam »
#JFT97

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
First of all we cannot concede unless we really want a miracle so some how some way the lads need to keep it tight. On the other side we got to score a minimum of three goals more than them to get it to penalties. So how the hell do we keep it tight lol just go out swinging as this one could have a ton of goals if the forwards can reignite their boots. Probably going to be 3-2 to us as we scare the bejesus out of them but the amateur hour at Anfield will mean the gap was too big to bridge.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If this was at Anfield, I'd have a glimmer of hope. Since it's not, I'm not optimistic, to put it mildly.

Became a supporter in 2010, so I've yet to see us beat Real Madrid in seven attempts. Hate them with a passion.

You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
If our CL goes like much of the rest of our season, we'll raise our game on Wed, batter RM 0-4, draw the weakest club in the next round, and go out with a 0-0 draw and a 0-1 loss.   

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
No midfielders all maybe just play all the attackers

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
Alisson
Trent Konate van Dijk Tsimikas
Elliot Fabinho Melo Jota
Salah Nunez

Interesting team. I fear we'd be knocked out before a ball has even been kicked.

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
Alexander-Arnold: "We're going to have to go and do something special in Spain, to be honest."

"But, you know, it's one of them where it's similar to the Barcelona game where we kind of go over there with nothing to lose."

"They are the one with a three-goal lead and you know if we come out of there and we don't win then OK, we were three goals down, it is what it is."

"So we don't feel any pressure".

TAA - all you should worry about and focus on is Vinicius

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
0-1 Half Time
0-3 Full Time

No goals in a cagey, nervy Extra Time

We win 4-2 on Pens.

Not exactly impossible, in fact very doable!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Alisson
Trent Konate van Dijk Tsimikas
Elliot Fabinho Melo Jota
Salah Nunez

Melo isn't even on the CL roster.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
Melo isn't even on the CL roster.

Well shit, I forgot about that.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We are hopeless away from home, just please don't get embarrassed and lose 10-2 on aggregate and become a meme.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If this was at Anfield, I'd have a glimmer of hope. Since it's not, I'm not optimistic, to put it mildly.

Became a supporter in 2010, so I've yet to see us beat Real Madrid in seven attempts. Hate them with a passion.

Seen us beat them in the European Cup Final and seen us absolutely destroy them at Anfield.

This team is capable of anything, believe.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
0-1 Half Time
0-3 Full Time

We win 4-2 on Pens.

please accept our award...

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
The performance matters more than the result…

Getting through the tie is a hell of an ask even at our tip top peak…. 

Playing well and asking them questions is what we need to do… at least then give ourselves the chance

Yeah, i'm not that concerned about the result going into the game. Just want us to play well and give them a difficult match, beyond that we're relying on a lot of luck and putting our chances away while they miss theirs. Real are usually clinical.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
It's a knockout competition- result is everything. Even moreso in this case.

it is, but we aren't going to play average and win 3 or 4-0. We need a great performance just to make it difficult for them.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
Come on Redmen!!
Thanks for the reminder of the past miracles Raid! I am one of them who has flights and apartment booked for Istanbul. Got to believe then!!
You never know - Never give up!!
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
Hendo not on the plane, Stef is.

Get me a Trent in midfield experiment for the day.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
No midfielders all maybe just play all the attackers
We have seen the 'no midfield' tactic far too often this season.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Is this why Henderson was held back against Bournemouth, must have a knock or something.  The lack of robustness in our midfield especially is ridiculous.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
0-1 Half Time
0-3 Full Time

We win 4-2 on Pens.

Why would we need pens if that played out? Shit, just realised, away goal, they don't count?

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Thanks for the OP Raid, got me in the mood again!
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
Our away form has been bad and our only available senior midfielder is probably Fabinho. Think we all need to just channel our inner Bluto and we'll be fine

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Badger has traveled with the squad.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Is this why Henderson was held back against Bournemouth, must have a knock or something.  The lack of robustness in our midfield especially is ridiculous.

He was ill.

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
Over 90 minutes anything is possible if one can build some pressure..that Real v City semi last season was bonkers @ Bernebeu..City could have scored twice last few minutes and Real did..we need to be a goal up on the night going into the last 15 minutes..we've 5 fit forwards and you can stick em all on if we are chasing...yes I know we did on Saturday and it never happened but on another day...🤞
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Online Saus76

• Complete and utter embarrassment
  • Anny Roader
0-1 Half Time
0-3 Full Time

We win 4-2 on Pens.

Yeah....I like that!

Offline Higgins79

• Legacy Fan
  • return of the king
He’s going to start Milner isn’t he.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Last season Chelsea were winning 3-0 in the Bernabeu after 75 minutes. If they can do it so can we. Imagine Ancelotti's flashbacks to Istanbul if we mount a fightback.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline BornRedSince76

• Main Stander
Just be nice to get a result over Madrid, even if just in the one leg - psychologically wise, given we’ve lost too many times to them it would be good for that to change!

In honesty, I hope the players turn up (unlike at Bournemouth) and we don’t get spanked - if we exit, let’s go out with some dignity!

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
First goal for Madrid and it's curtains.

First goal for us and it's game on.

Would love to see us get a victory of some sort, I just feel the gap is too much for our away form. We aren't playing Rangers.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Online Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
Might be alone in thinking that I'd like it to be 0-0 until half time. Early goal second half then 2 in last 10mins. Winner in extra time.