The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

Liverpool v Brighton & Hove Albion Saturday 1st October 3pm

<< < (2/49) > >>

So… Howard Philips:
The season starts here!

Eight games in and we should now be back to where we were if we’d had a normal pre-season, or is ten games the magic figure. My head hurts, just score a few goals, DON’T concede and that’ll do fine.

Schmidt:

--- Quote from: duvva on September 28, 2022, 02:17:49 pm ---Thanks for the OP Brain and I agree that I think this will be a tough game. On paper are we better, obviously, but that’s not how things have been working out so far.

I thought our last performance v Ajax was much more like it, but the worry is the big gap and internationals mean we’re sort of starting again. Fingers crossed this is where we kick on.

I’d have thought rather than a new manager bounce, the change would be more disruptive given how well they were doing and how long they’d been used to working with Potter and his methods.

Come on Reds time to press on and start piling up the points. Nothing is lost yet

--- End quote ---

As good as the performance was against Ajax our midfield injury problems were still there, we've now potentially got Thiago, Henderson, Fabinho and Arthur all fit and available which is huge. Trent has had a rest too, and Salah seemingly was given the last international game off, though one or two other lads like Jota/Nunez/Diaz might be a bit tired.

I think we could see a really good performance here. Brighton are a decent outfit but they don't necessarily have the type of players to hurt us.

Stevo79:
Didn’t Diaz go on holiday?

Schmidt:

--- Quote from: Stevo79 on September 28, 2022, 03:13:35 pm ---Didn’t Diaz go on holiday?

--- End quote ---

He played twice in friendlies.

DelTrotter:
We are actually going to play a football match, fucking hell! Hopefully we continue on from the Ajax performance, we're going to need to as these can be a pain in the arse then it's not getting any easier with Arsenal and City after, time to start performing consistently so basically pray Thiago stays fit  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version