Author Topic: Liverpool vs Crystal Palace (Premier League) - 20:00, Monday 15th August  (Read 22466 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Liverpool vs Crystal Palace (Premier League) - 20:00, Monday 15th August
« Reply #280 on: August 15, 2022, 07:21:26 pm »
There’s too much ‘woe is us’ at the moment. I’ll use injuries myself as an excuse if we don’t win (!) but we have enough here to beat Palace. Doesn’t have to be resounding or an amazing performance. Just win and move on.

Shame we haven’t for Sadio for this one. He never missed against Palace.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #281 on: August 15, 2022, 07:21:28 pm »
What’s up with Gomez anyway ?

Never understand when someone is fit for bench only. What if he has to come on after 5 mins ?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #282 on: August 15, 2022, 07:22:08 pm »
It really isn't considering the amount of games we played last season, coupled with an early start to the season.

Ah it is a bit farcical. Even accounting for what you mentioned, no other big side has anything like what we do. City have basically got no absences.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: August 15, 2022, 07:22:27 pm »
Speaking of de facto..anyone know what's happened to him?

Not been online for a while now. Not sure, hope he's OK.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: August 15, 2022, 07:22:28 pm »
Milner deserves his start.

I thought Milner and Elliott were our two best midfielders, doesn't surprise me that both start.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #285 on: August 15, 2022, 07:22:35 pm »
Why? Because people have mentioned a slight concern about us having so many players out?
It was just a flesh wound
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #286 on: August 15, 2022, 07:23:02 pm »
They need to get a grip on these injuries, it’s getting silly now.

Erm maybe tell the football authorities the same thing then. It's entirely predictable we are going to see endless injuries from most teams this season, the whole structure of the league this seasons is utterly senseless. I just hope a load of big names miss the WC, it will be exactly what FIFA deserve.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: August 15, 2022, 07:23:17 pm »
Ah it is a bit farcical. Even accounting for what you mentioned, no other big side has anything like what we do. City have basically got no absences.
They only played 2 pre-season games, maybe that helps?

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: August 15, 2022, 07:23:25 pm »

Never understand when someone is fit for bench only. What if he has to come on after 5 mins ?

He's just recovered from a knock.  What if he doesn't have to come on ?  He get's more time to recover.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #289 on: August 15, 2022, 07:23:31 pm »
Erm maybe tell the football authorities the same thing then. It's entirely predictable we are going to see endless injuries from most teams this season, the whole structure of the league this seasons is utterly senseless. I just hope a load of big names miss the WC, it will be exactly what FIFA deserve.

No other team has this many injuries.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: August 15, 2022, 07:23:43 pm »
Christ there's some soggy mattresses in here.  Get a grip FFS!

Offline bogrollsbike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: August 15, 2022, 07:24:05 pm »
More worried about the ref than the line up.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: August 15, 2022, 07:24:11 pm »
I’ve not seen anything to suggest our players were overplayed (relative to other clubs) last year so I don’t know why people keep talking about last season as the reason we’ve got so many players out. Yes we played a lot of games. And yes we rotated a lot with a large squad. We had 7 senior forwards from January onwards.

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: August 15, 2022, 07:24:36 pm »

One supposes that its a balancing of risk and the sports scientists and physios reckon they should play x minutes, whereas a starter is expected to play y minutes. If the advice given is of a firm nature, you'd imagine that Van den Berg is one who would come after 5 minutes.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: August 15, 2022, 07:24:42 pm »
Palace play more football under Viera usually but he's going 5 at the back and parking the bus tonight apparently. Let's see if having a big striker helps us break down that tactic or not.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: August 15, 2022, 07:24:59 pm »
Not been online for a while now. Not sure, hope he's OK.

Yep..seemed an ever presence on these boards..hope he's well too.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: August 15, 2022, 07:25:18 pm »
Footballers get injured, and from time to time a fair chunk of them will be injured at the same time. Shit happens. There is no greater meaning.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #297 on: August 15, 2022, 07:25:22 pm »
Bolton Baresi is making his comeback tonight. Why is everyone so gloomy, that's still a good team and should have enough to beat Palace. Salah, Diaz and Nunez are going to cause havoc for Palace.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: August 15, 2022, 07:25:30 pm »
No other team has this many injuries.

At the moment, but the majority of teams will be affected. Perhaps its better to get ours out of the way.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #299 on: August 15, 2022, 07:26:04 pm »
I’ve not seen anything to suggest our players were overplayed (relative to other clubs) last year so I don’t know why people keep talking about last season as the reason we’ve got so many players out. Yes we played a lot of games. And yes we rotated a lot with a large squad. We had 7 senior forwards from January onwards.

The bulk of the players who are getting injured weren't regular starters anyway last season.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
« Reply #300 on: August 15, 2022, 07:26:20 pm »
Clark on the bench?  Dave Clark? 

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: August 15, 2022, 07:26:57 pm »

Idk for about the last 8 games one of the most common comments I saw was "We're looking a bit tired" and especially in the CL final where we looked about dead across the pitch.

It's clear were ran ourselves into the ground last year even with rotation, and we are feeling the effect now

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #302 on: August 15, 2022, 07:27:51 pm »
Bolton Baresi is making his comeback tonight. Why is everyone so gloomy, that's still a good team and should have enough to beat Palace. Salah, Diaz and Nunez are going to cause havoc for Palace.
Not everyone is ;)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #303 on: August 15, 2022, 07:28:14 pm »
Not going to get better this injury crisis with the new refereeing directive either.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #304 on: August 15, 2022, 07:28:31 pm »
Should get 5 later in the game

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: August 15, 2022, 07:29:36 pm »
Not going to get better this injury crisis with the new refereeing directive either.

Would that be the same one they trialled last season and then soon stopped it but not until after Elliott had his ankle shattered?

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: August 15, 2022, 07:29:45 pm »
It's just really bad luck. Klopp more than anyone warned about this happening with the madness of the amount of games played now. Unfortunately we seem to get more injuries than any other team in the division.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: August 15, 2022, 07:29:58 pm »
Idk for about the last 8 games one of the most common comments I saw was "We're looking a bit tired" and especially in the CL final where we looked about dead across the pitch.

It's clear were ran ourselves into the ground last year even with rotation, and we are feeling the effect now

Hard to understand how many people forget that, we were pretty much running on empty towards the last part of the season.

Offline DTRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #308 on: August 15, 2022, 07:30:05 pm »
Nat is more than capable, short memories from some.  He'll be handy for set pieces and height and having Joe on the bench with the 5 sub rule, he can come on and cover Trent at RB or any of the CBs depending on the situation and scoreline.

Dominant tonight - 3-1 with a Darwin brace.

Come on redmen!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 07:31:36 pm by DTRed »

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: August 15, 2022, 07:30:07 pm »
Should get 5 later in the game

He'd be glad all over if he did.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #310 on: August 15, 2022, 07:30:26 pm »

Apparently being part of a squad, training to win, and the mental stresses of going for every competiton, being in each till the final moments and playing every single game possible, don't have an effect.

It's a man's game

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: August 15, 2022, 07:30:30 pm »
Does anyone know luck/bad luck starts to even itself out? Been waiting 2 or three seasons now.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: August 15, 2022, 07:30:30 pm »
Ridiculous over-reaction tonight regarding the team, we are playing Palace at home not Bayern away, if we don't win tonight it won't be because the players are not good enough.
I'm going for a 3-0 by the way

But why are we making things more difficult for ourselves by leaving out Keita and Henderson? If they're not fit, then we shouldn't have three unfit players on the bench. It's bizarre, just pick the best available team and get the win.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: August 15, 2022, 07:32:04 pm »

Shock, more than gloom from what I can see, just processing an unpleasant surprise. Think the quality is there still with our possession game and attack to do well but we'll see.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: August 15, 2022, 07:32:06 pm »

Bobby Clark, something of a meteoric rise, think he's only played a couple of times for the U23s.

Online BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #315 on: August 15, 2022, 07:32:58 pm »
Would that be the same one they trialled last season and then soon stopped it but not until after Elliott had his ankle shattered?

It's a man's game again, for now.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: August 15, 2022, 07:33:22 pm »
Hard to understand how many people forget that, we were pretty much running on empty towards the last part of the season.

But it's not the players who were tired/ran into the ground that have been getting injured though (yet). Thiago maybe. Matip and Konate were well rotated.

It's more the backups.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #317 on: August 15, 2022, 07:34:27 pm »
Fair question this  but why is Joe not starting alongside Virg. Bizarre.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: August 15, 2022, 07:34:33 pm »

Just win..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #319 on: August 15, 2022, 07:34:40 pm »
Just to lighten the mood a little after all the chat about our injury 'crisis'.

This is a Must Win Game (tm). Just like the 36 still to come. Otherwise the league is over  ;) :P