The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

Liverpool vs Crystal Palace (Premier League) - 20:00, Monday 15th August

<< < (3/76) > >>

Fromola:
Riley doesn't even need to try and hide it anymore. We'll get Manc refs every week. Fully expect Taylor for the United game and then Kavanagh for the derby.

NarutoReds:
Paul Tierney...

Dec 20, 2021. By Neil Andrew.

Harry Kane was booked for a horrible tackle on Andy Robertson. VAR did not intervene but the England captain should have seen red.

Tierney then failed to give Liverpool a penalty just before half-time after Diogo Jota was bundled over in the box by Emerson Royal who was already on a yellow card.

Andy Robertson was then sent off for a bad tackle on Royal in the second half after initially being booked by Tierney before VAR intervened to give the Scotland captain his marching orders.

Klopp looked bemused at full time during handshakes with the officials and in his post match press conference claiming, "I don't know what his problem is with me".

- https://www.si.com/soccer/liverpool/news/amazing-statistic-that-proves-liverpool-manager-jurgen-klopp-was-correct-about-referee-paul-tierney

-- Tierney, Salford, Greater Manchester --  ;D  ;D

Hazell:
Thanks for the OP jack :)

Like us, Palace looked a bit undercooked in their first game but hopefully we'll be on it. Just a shame we have to wait past the weekend to get the Fulham game out of our system. Still though, can't wait for this.

Lynndenberries:

--- Quote from: thaddeus on August 10, 2022, 11:35:53 am ---I really wasn't expecting to open this and find two people calling for Fabinho to be dropped!  We're already without our 'controller' in Thiago so I'd be amazed if Klopp decided to take out our holding midfielder as well.  It would make for a very open midfield.

Barring injuries I'd say Fabinho and Hendo are definite starters.  It's then down to whether Keita or Harvey start as the third midfielder.

--- End quote ---
Fabinho was way off the pace at the weekend and starting both him and Henderson seems overkill. Henderson and Keita have an excellent record together if I remember correctly.

UntouchableLuis:
Glad we are back at Anfield. Wouldn't like to face these away with that referee right now.

Palace looked very average against Arsenal - you could see that their plan was to give it to Zaha and hope for the best for large spells of the game. He did look threatening so Trent needs to be far more on his game than he was at Fulham. Other than that there wasn't much that I saw that can trouble us.

The team for us picks itself in defence and the front 3 IMO. Midfield will be Fabinho, Hendo and Elliot I think. Keita may be back but Elliot did enough to warrant a place in Thiago's absence and Klopp threw him in to a lot of games at the start of last season before his injury so he's a player I think he trusts.

I'm sure the players will be angry after that first game, it's not often you could say they let the fans down but I think they'll know their application just wasn't up to scratch.

Think the first goal will be important for us. Reckon we win 3-0.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version