Author Topic: PL: Southampton 1 v 2 Liverpool Redmond 13’ 南野拓実 27’ Matip 67’  (Read 22982 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Sorry but this is going to be short and sweet and it's a bit rushed, hope it's OK if not up to the usual standard

Kick off 7:45pm
Referee: Martin Atkinson.
Assistants: Constantine Hatzidakis, Richard West.
Fourth official: David Coote.
VAR: Stuart Attwell.
Assistant VAR: Adam Nunn.

I had hoped to be writing this with us having already confirmed our 20th League title but whilst that hasn't happened (yet), thanks to West Ham's draw with Manchester City yesterday, the fight for the title and the Quadruple (there I've said it) is very much still on.

We have to, of course, win this game, less than 72 hours after a gruelling FA Cup Final win against Chelsea and Jurgen will have to dig deep into the depths of his squad in order to ensure we remain fresh and a few niggling injuries to key players won't help that.  Fabinho, Virgil and Mo will miss this game you would think, possibly Robbo too and think we may see a few surprises in the starting line up.

History

We have a good record against Southampton

Games won:
Games drawn: 25
Games lost: 31

We have won 7 out of our last 8 games against them, the only blemish being the 1-0 reverse at St Mary's in front of no fans when the Southampton Manager, wee Ralphi Hasenhüttl broke down in tears and wept like a baby

We didn't actually beat Southampton away from Anfield until the 1966/67 season, when goals from Ian St John and Ian Callaghan sealed a 1-2 victory for the men in red at The Dell.  It wasn't as bad as it sounds as we didn't used to play Southampton that much.  It was victory at the 7th time of asking, a couple of 0-0 draws in the FA Cup (we won the replays!) being our best efforts apart up until then.

There have been some memorable wins against Southampton in the past, 5-0 at Anfield in the 1982/83 season on the way to another League Title in Bob Paisley's final year as the boss (a year that Manchester City were relegated :D ), we beat them 7-1 at Anfield in the 1998/99 season and our best win at Southampton was in the League Cup a couple of month's into the boss' reign after Sadio had opened the scoring (for Southampton) in the first minute, we came back and battered them 6-1 thanks to a current Liverpool player getting a hattrick, that man Divock Origi!  More of the same tomorrow please!

and talking of tomorrow.....

I think we'll start with

Alisson

Gomez
Konate
Matip
Tsmikas

Jones
Milner
Oxlade-Chamberlain

Diaz / Jota
Bobby
Origi

None of the players, aside from Konate and Alisson will have played the full 120 minutes on Saturday, Ox hasn't played for a while though so maybe he won't go with him but due to the minutes in the legs and the injury to Fab we are a bit limited.  Maybe Harvey Elliott gets a look in here but doubt he would play with Jones too but you never know.

Whatever team the boss picks is good enough for me and we have to balance the outside possibility of a League title with ensuring the players are as well rested as possible for a shot at no 7!

Go Redmen, it's still on....

« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 09:11:23 pm by TepidT2O »
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Southampton v Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2022, 06:54:50 pm »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2022, 06:56:34 pm »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2022, 07:45:34 pm »
0 underway at St Mary’s.  A much changed reds side 
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2022, 07:47:13 pm »
2 early quick free kick, scouser Greek puts in a good cross that is headed clear 
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2022, 07:49:05 pm »
4 early possession for the reds.  Gomez is quite deep, I think he could push up a bit more
W

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2022, 07:52:04 pm »
Elliot looking lively - realised how much I've missed him.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2022, 07:52:20 pm »
7 nice play by Elliot, into the area and cuts it back to Milner who has his cross blocked

Corner …it juuuust goes over Konates head
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2022, 07:53:58 pm »
Konate down with a whack in the face..  he’s ok though
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2022, 07:54:46 pm »
10 first attack from Southampton and it sees a shot parried by Alisson
W

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2022, 07:56:59 pm »
10 first attack from Southampton and it sees a shot parried by Alisson
Bailed the backline out there.

What a keeper

Also saw just how rapid Joe Gomez is

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2022, 07:57:29 pm »
12 Gomez ball into the box, Jota holds it up, feeds Elliot and it is cleared.
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2022, 07:58:02 pm »
Wasn't that a foul?

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2022, 07:58:41 pm »
13 1-0 FFS

Redmond down the left, cuts inside and shoots right footed from the edge of the area.  Good finish.

Klopp what’s a foul up the other end, but you’ve got to defend that better whatever.
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2022, 07:59:06 pm »
It was a clear foul on Jota.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Southampton 1 v 0 Liverpool Redmond 13’
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2022, 07:59:34 pm »
Took a nick off Milner to take it over Alisson…yet another deflected one.
W

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2022, 07:59:59 pm »
It was a clear foul on Jota.
It was. Identical to the Yernited away game in the league winning season. Same ref too.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2022, 08:00:18 pm »
Took a nick of Milner to take it over Alisson…yet another deflected one.

City get all the deflected goals that go in for them, it goes the other way with us.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2022, 08:00:23 pm »
Over to Jill
W

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2022, 08:00:32 pm »
Going to sound bitter but Atkinson is a prick.

That goal comes from him waving a foul on Jota away.

Jammy deflection too.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2022, 08:02:55 pm »
16 An opening there for Jota, after a move with Minamino but its cleared for a corner.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2022, 08:05:08 pm »
18 The corner goes in, but eventually a free kick is awarded against Jota.

We get a free kick but the linesman has the flag up.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2022, 08:05:54 pm »
Pro tip: Get free kicks or corners.

We are very dangerous form them
W

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2022, 08:06:03 pm »
Why is there even a debate on the foul? He doesn’t touch the ball, he takes the man. In all the years I’ve been watching football, that’s what I’ve always thought a foul is. Must have been wrong.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2022, 08:07:19 pm »
21 We are pushing further forward and Gomez is getting down more often, but hasn't quite come up with those good crosses yet.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2022, 08:09:21 pm »
23 It's good to see Bobby back, he makes such a difference in a game of this nature. We are getting a lot of possession, needless to say that deflection goes nowhere.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2022, 08:11:35 pm »
25 Southampton get a break, a very fast break with lots of space to exploit but Kostas gets back and blocks.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2022, 08:11:42 pm »
Martin Tyler hated that

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Southampton 1 v 1 Liverpool Redmond 13’ Taki 27’
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2022, 08:12:16 pm »
Martin Tyler hated that
It was like the c*nt was at a wake.

Utter shite he is.
W

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2022, 08:12:20 pm »
YES TAKI

Cracking finish that

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2022, 08:12:38 pm »
26 Then we break and a great ball from Jota and an absolute beautiful finish from Minamino slams it into the net! 1-1.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2022, 08:13:09 pm »
It was like the c*nt was at a wake.

Utter shite he is.
Between him, Carra and Atkinson it’s all a bit morose.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2022, 08:13:25 pm »
He's no played for ages Minamino but he did so well there, such a great finisher.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Southampton 1 v 1 Liverpool Redmond 13’ 南野拓実 27’
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2022, 08:14:35 pm »
He's no played for ages Minamino but he did so well there, such a great finisher.
He scored one like in a cup match didn’t he…
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2022, 08:16:02 pm »
30 A great bit of possession for us there which ends which two shots, first from Jota which is saved by the keeper and then one for Curtis but he puts it wide of the post.

Over to Sir Bob.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2022, 08:16:44 pm »
He scored one like in a cup match didn’t he…

Yes, I'm pretty sure he did. He has such a sweet finish as well enjoys his football at Southampton.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2022, 08:16:55 pm »
We’ve not quite got a chance at corners, but we’ve still looked threatening
W

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2022, 08:17:12 pm »
Feels very like attack vs defence training exercises.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2022, 08:17:25 pm »
31 Jota wins a corner which is cleared but we come back again and the Greek wins another corner. It’s played in and eventually gathered by the keeper.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2022, 08:19:42 pm »
33 Great work down the right from Harvey as he cuts it back to Bobby who just can’t force it in. We win a corner which is cleared. Another half chance as Millie plays one in towards taki but he can’t keep his shot down and it’s a goal kick.