Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 2 vs 0 Watford Jota 22’ Fabinho 89’ (pen)  (Read 17258 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Liverpool FC V Watford

Venue: Anfield

Current League Form:

Liverpool: WWWWW

Watford: WLLDL

Liverpool Manager: Jürgen Klopp

Watford Manager: Roy 'The Owl' Hodgson

Currently Watford sit 18th, and us, well if you are reading this you know exactly where the Reds sit. Do not let the distance on the table dissuade you from the fact that this could be a difficult match. We are playing post International break, which may throw off our own rhythm while bolstering the Hornets' who may have had more time to recover and focus on this match. Throw in injuries (real or fictional) and illness to key players - Trent (hamsting), Naby (knee), Mo (foot), Milner (illness?). Throw in continued paper talk about contracts which may or may not disrupt squad harmony and the potential is there for a slip up. Watford are deep in the relegation battle but it is another Merseyside club that may help determine their fate, not the Boys in Red. Yes, much to our joy, Everton are wallowing on the cusp of a historic relegation and Watford may just avoid the drop should they take a few more points this season and Everton's form continues in the manner in which it has seemingly grown accustom. Points that will be available should they win at Anfield. History is on our side (as well as a deeper squad) as Watford have only won one once at Anfield (three times in all) in their last 15 meetings with the Reds. Thus I do not expect anything less than a hard fought match, but during that nighty minutes I have a feeling that our lads quality will shrine through and that we shall come out on top.

We kick off second in the table, but we play the early match. City play later and they play Burnley. I am not saying I expect City to drop points, I am not saying that I expect Burnley to take points off City. But, most importantly I am not saying that the above wont happen. It just may. Should we win on the day, and win handedly, the pressure will be off of us as we will go top of the table before City have a chance at kick off. All pressure will be back on Pep's lads in blue. Top for the first time in months. Top means City are chasing us, Top means the pressure is on them, and City under pressure, may just crack.

Lets Shatter them.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/WVvQsl6_V-Y&amp;ab_channel=LiverpoolFC" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/WVvQsl6_V-Y&amp;ab_channel=LiverpoolFC</a>

What I sincerely hope for is a repeat of my trip to Anfield back in late February of 2018. A few fellow Rawkites and I were treated to a sublime performance as we pushed on-wards, relentlessly, towards the season's end. Trent with a hattrick of assists, Virg with a brace, big Divvy with a wonderful goal and Mane with his own brace, including that cheeky little back-heel goal that made all of our collective jaws drop. We were scintillating that season, and since then we have hardly let our foot off the gas. The finish line is in sight, lets press on and win this title race. 9 more Cup finals and lets see where this Manager, this Team, this Momentum can take us. My head is well and truly in the clouds, I am among the birds at heady heights. Please, Red men, don't bring me crashing down to earth, it is nice up here. Instead win this match and show others how nice it can be up here. 

Match Officials:
Referee: Stuart Attwell.
Assistants: Marc Perry, Timothy Wood.
Fourth official: Tony Harrington. VAR: John Brooks.
Assistant VAR: Simon Bennett
« Last Edit: April 2, 2022, 02:17:37 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool vs Watford
« Reply #1 on: April 2, 2022, 11:36:00 am »

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 2, 2022, 12:29:40 pm »
I swear to god, Hodgson is sitting on the bench and looks like he’s pissing himself.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 2, 2022, 12:30:52 pm »
0 underway, the reds attack the anfield  road, and it’s an early corner

The corner is just over the head of VVD, it breaks to Salah who hits it wide. 
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 2, 2022, 12:32:36 pm »
If Watford win 8-0 Everton go into the bottom 3.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 2, 2022, 12:36:30 pm »
6 long punt from Watford, Starr hits it on the volley form 20 yards out and he volleys well over
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 2, 2022, 12:38:17 pm »
8 an utterly filthy no looks  pass by Thiago to Jones, but Jones blazes over form 20 yards.  Wasted it.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 2, 2022, 12:40:15 pm »
9 close by the reds as we get in down the right of the area. It’s cleared form a central position.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 2, 2022, 12:42:34 pm »
12 corner to Watford

A flicked header is saved by Alisson
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 2, 2022, 12:46:07 pm »
15 free kick out wide of the area after a foul on Salah

It’s over hit and the keeper claims at the back post..
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 2, 2022, 12:50:54 pm »
21 cross by Watford, headed behind for a corner.

Cleared well.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 2, 2022, 12:52:22 pm »
22 Watford counter down the left as Jones gives the ball away.  Alisson saves 1 vs 1.

Reckon it would have been offside.

1-0.

Jota

Cross by Gomez form the right and Jota heads home.  TAA tribute act!
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #12 on: April 2, 2022, 12:53:07 pm »
An assist for Gomez.  :)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool 1 vs 0 Watford Jota 22’
« Reply #13 on: April 2, 2022, 12:53:37 pm »
Over to Jill.
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 2, 2022, 12:55:09 pm »
24 A great time for us to score as we hadn't really threatened the goalie up to the goal. We are just passing around at the moment.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 2, 2022, 12:57:43 pm »
26 We have another good attack down the right, which Joe initially does well with but then they get a block in and it goes out for a goal kick.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 2, 2022, 01:00:45 pm »
29 We have a good attack which starts on the left and then goes to the right, it ends up with Robertson on the floor, but ref judges the ball was won. We then get a corner, but Matip heads it over the bar.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #17 on: April 2, 2022, 01:02:13 pm »
As it stands:

1 Liverpool  30   56   72
2 Man City   29   50   70

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 2, 2022, 01:02:28 pm »
31 A great one two by Thiago putting Jones through but the shot is blocked and goes wide anyway.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 2, 2022, 01:06:04 pm »
35 We are continuing to dominate with possession without really creating another proper chance. Watford when they have the ball trying to get in balls behind us.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 2, 2022, 01:07:02 pm »
Are the bags beneath Tsimikas's eyes bigger than those under the Owl's?

Possibly...

Not sure what they fed a Tsimikas as a kid to be honest. 

Polonium?
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 2, 2022, 01:07:59 pm »
36 Watford get a corner, which we clear. We then break with menace a ball from Henderson across to Salah, but after initially running down the right the defenders get a block in on the ball.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 2, 2022, 01:10:14 pm »
39 We almost had one of the super Salah moves after he was surrounded by three defenders. They manage to get a last minute block in after he zigs zags through two of them.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: April 2, 2022, 01:11:34 pm »
41 We had a good move down the right there between Thiago and Jones, but Curtis strays offside at the last minute.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: April 2, 2022, 01:13:36 pm »
42 We almost manage to get a couple openings at the end but both Robbo and Henderson's passes don't quite find Jota. But we are moving Watford around a lot more.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: April 2, 2022, 01:15:40 pm »
45 + 2 Into added on time.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: April 2, 2022, 01:17:17 pm »
47 Nothing to report a bit messy at the end, but the important thing is we continue to lead by 1-0.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 2, 2022, 01:33:30 pm »
45 back underway.  The reds attacking the Spion Kop in the second half.

W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 2, 2022, 01:35:20 pm »
46 superb cross by Gomez and the Watford defender heads behind.

Corner to the reds.  Matip heads against the back of another player before it’s cleared

The reds pick the ball up again, but Jones blazes over from 20 yards.  Hit the target lad!
W

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #29 on: April 2, 2022, 01:37:32 pm »
46 superb cross by Gomez and the Watford defender heads behind.

Corner to the reds.  Matip heads against the back of another player before it’s cleared

The reds pick the ball up again, but Jones blazes over from 20 yards.  Hit the target lad!

Superb is absolutely the correct adjective for that cross from Gomez.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: April 2, 2022, 01:39:23 pm »
His crossing has been impressive in this game.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 2, 2022, 01:40:51 pm »
52 quiet game still really.Watford try a wriggle down the left and Alisson takes the cords.

Then Jota fires well over from 20 yards  after a mistake from Watford.
W

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #32 on: April 2, 2022, 01:41:34 pm »
We could do with a 2nd and 3rd goal to settle everything down properly.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: April 2, 2022, 01:44:31 pm »
55 Salah in the area, miscontrols it and the defender puts behind for a corner.

VVD heads over 
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: April 2, 2022, 01:45:27 pm »
57 Joao Pedro puts it just wide.  Probably offside inthe build up though
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 2, 2022, 01:47:49 pm »
59 free kick out wide after a foul on Gomez.  WWE style, Hernandez is booked.

And Jota heads over.  They left him on his own!

W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: April 2, 2022, 01:48:14 pm »
I can't believe he didn't score that one.  :o

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: April 2, 2022, 01:50:03 pm »
61 whipped cross to the back post, Jota flicks it and it goes wide.

Jones coming off being replaced by Fabinho
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: April 2, 2022, 01:54:24 pm »
65 free kick 20 yards out, corner for the area.

Cleared by the first man.

Pumped back in and a flicked Salah header goes just over the bar.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: April 2, 2022, 01:55:43 pm »
Over to Jill
W