Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3459160 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #70320 on: August 23, 2022, 11:07:04 pm »
After two and a half years the bastard has finally got me  >:(
Sorry to hear that.

Get well soon….
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70321 on: August 23, 2022, 11:47:43 pm »
I was the same but got it few weeks back. The actual symptoms weren't anything of concern for me. It was afterwards and the tiredness and getting rid of this cough although some of that is down to seasonality.

Will get my booster later this year due to being deemed as "asthmatic"

Get better soon.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70322 on: August 24, 2022, 12:41:18 pm »
Yeah, same. Felt a bit dodgy yesterday but tested negative so went in to the office for the afternoon, but I've tested positive today. Means I don't need to go in to work tomorrow so every cloud...

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #70323 on: August 30, 2022, 04:17:18 pm »
Anti lockdown protesters sentenced for intimidating BBC journalist;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-62726297

Just look at the kip of them. Casting central weirdos.

Offline Mahern

• Kopite
« Reply #70324 on: August 30, 2022, 04:29:43 pm »
Anti lockdown protesters sentenced for intimidating BBC journalist;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-62726297

Just look at the kip of them. Casting central weirdos.

3rd one looks like the guy from Death in Paradise Kris Marshall

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70325 on: August 30, 2022, 04:34:26 pm »
3rd one looks like the guy from Death in Paradise Kris Marshall

Kris Marshall eliminating a square turd.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70326 on: August 30, 2022, 04:41:46 pm »
talking of lockdown protestors, i saw Piers Corbyn and one other person (a woman, not sure if she's 'known') randomly protesting lockdowns outside... Notting Hill Carnival!?!! lol
YNWA.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70327 on: August 30, 2022, 05:40:55 pm »
talking of lockdown protestors, i saw Piers Corbyn and one other person (a woman, not sure if she's 'known') randomly protesting lockdowns outside... Notting Hill Carnival!?!! lol

Getting down with the kids no doubt.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #70328 on: September 2, 2022, 02:53:55 pm »
419 deaths in the last seven days. I assume with summer now in the rear view mirror we'll see that ticking back up ☹️
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #70329 on: September 2, 2022, 03:07:47 pm »
419 deaths in the last seven days. I assume with summer now in the rear view mirror we'll see that ticking back up ☹️
Everyone seems to be assuming COVID is over. Although the disease was/is expected to tend towards milder variants over time, there still may be more dangerous variants in the interim. And as we know, neither are prior infections and/or vaccinations guaranteed to provide good protection against a future variant. I don't know for how long we need to live with COVID before we should feel confident. But from the (very) little I know, I don't think we are there yet.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70330 on: September 2, 2022, 03:54:55 pm »
Everyone seems to be assuming COVID is over. Although the disease was/is expected to tend towards milder variants over time, there still may be more dangerous variants in the interim. And as we know, neither are prior infections and/or vaccinations guaranteed to provide good protection against a future variant. I don't know for how long we need to live with COVID before we should feel confident. But from the (very) little I know, I don't think we are there yet.

I'd say that most people consider Covid to be "over" in the sense that the NHS is not in danger of imminent collapse. Catching it is inevitable at this point, and it's unfortunately just pot luck as to whether you get a serious variant or a milder one.  :-\
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70331 on: September 3, 2022, 09:44:56 pm »
Getting down with the kids no doubt.

was getting heckled by everyone passing, thankfully.
YNWA.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #70332 on: September 16, 2022, 10:15:48 am »
I wonder if the Queue (TM) will be a mass spreader event.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #70333 on: September 30, 2022, 02:05:47 pm »
There's a dramatised programme on Sky Atlantic that really shows how much of a fuck up the Tories made of the pandemic.

Johnson is played by Kenneth Brannagh, it's called This England and it will make you hate the fuckers even more

However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #70334 on: September 30, 2022, 02:07:35 pm »
There's a dramatised programme on Sky Atlantic that really shows how much of a fuck up the Tories made of the pandemic.

Johnson is played by Kenneth Brannagh, it's called This England and it will make you hate the fuckers even more

He got all the big calls right.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70335 on: September 30, 2022, 02:21:00 pm »

I've avoided it because in the adverts it looks like a puff piece.  Either way I'm not sure I could get through it all without launching something at the screen.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70336 on: October 2, 2022, 12:42:45 pm »
I guess this could go in the Tory thread too:

Bereaved families fear Covid inquiry cover-up after ban on testimony

As hearings open this week, relatives are told they will not be able to speak about hospital care standards

Families of those who died from Covid-19 have been barred from submitting individual testimony to the official public inquiry about the standard of care received by their loved ones during the pandemic, the Observer can reveal.

Instead, the inquiry chair, Lady Hallett, is proposing they submit “pen portraits” to a private research company as part of a parallel “Listening Project” that will not have the power to demand the disclosure of documents or investigate claims about their relatives’ care.

“It would appear that Lady Hallett would rather outsource the grief of bereaved families to the Listening Project than engage with us constructively,” said John Sullivan, whose daughter, Susan, died in March 2020 at Barnet hospital after being denied access to an intensive therapy unit because of her Down’s syndrome and supposed cardiac comorbidities. “The inquiry is becoming a farce and an exercise in cover-up,” he said, ahead of the first hearing on Tuesday.

Sullivan is just one of scores of bereaved people who believe their loved ones were victims of inappropriate triaging procedures and Do Not Attempt Resuscitation (DNAR) or Do Not Attempt Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (DNACPR) orders.

Such orders are used to inform a medical team not to attempt resuscitation and are designed to communicate a patient’s wishes to healthcare professionals. Any decision regarding DNARs must be made on an individual basis with the involvement of the patient and/or their families, where they have legal guardianship.

Independent reports have revealed that adults with learning disabilities had been subject to inappropriate DNAR orders, while some GPs had apparently requested DNAR forms be inserted into the files of care home residents using a “blanket approach”.

The Observer has now learned of similar cases of DNAR orders being applied to elderly individuals hospitalised with Covid.

For instance, Rab Sherwood, who works for the Covid-19 Bereaved Families for Justice (CBFFJ) activist group, which spearheaded the campaign for an independent public inquiry, claims that when her elderly parents were admitted to a hospital in the West Midlands with Covid in January 2021, DNAR orders were placed on their medical notes against her express wishes.

When Sherwood demanded an explanation as to why her mother, Gurdev, a fit 75-year-old, would not be considered for admission to ITU, a consultant handed her a document produced by the Intensive Care Society containing a “decision-making” instrument setting out various scenarios in which frail and elderly people might be “less likely to benefit” from intensive care. When she queried the document, Sherwood claims she was told: “If you have an issue, take it up with the government.”

Matt Fowler, the co-founder of CBFFJ, says he’s heard countless stories of hospitals refusing to escalate treatment for elderly and vulnerable people. “This is why it’s so critical that Lady Hallett listens personally to the stories of bereaved families and is fearless in the pursuit of answers about what happened to their loved ones, no matter how uncomfortable,” he said. “If the inquiry leaves bereaved families out in the cold, it has no hope of getting to the truth and learning lessons that can protect people in the future.”

Under the inquiry’s terms of reference, Hallett has a duty to listen to and “carefully” consider the experiences of bereaved families. However, there is no specific requirement for her to consider “individual cases of harm or death”.

This summer, lawyers representing the CBFFJ met Hallett in the hope of persuading her to accept individual testimony from the bereaved. In correspondence seen by the Observer, CBFFJ’s lawyers, Broudie Jackson Canter, agreed this could be done “outside the formality of a hearing” in order to avoid Hallett having to listen to testimony from many witnesses. However, lawyers insisted that the pen portraits and testimony submitted as part of the Listening Project ought to be treated as evidence and entered into the legal record.

“The voices of the bereaved are too important to be heard in another parallel process,” they wrote.

However, last week Hallett appeared to close down that avenue by inviting 12 firms on a pre-approved government list to tender for the Listening Project. The list includes firms previously awarded Covid public health contracts, presenting a potential conflict of interests.

The Observer understands that the winner of the contract will be asked to analyse the bereaved statements and summarise them in a report to the inquiry. However, there will be no requirement for Hallett to listen directly to individual accounts from the bereaved or examine the circumstances surrounding their loved ones’ deaths. Nor will lawyers be funded to compile dossiers on the cases.

A spokesperson for the inquiry said that although it “will not consider in detail individual cases of harm or death, listening to these accounts will inform its understanding of the impact of the pandemic and the response, and of the lessons to be learned”.

She also stressed that the inquiry “has made no decisions on which witnesses to call at its public hearings” and was at “a very early stage”.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/oct/02/bereaved-families-fear-covid-inquiry-cover-up-after-ban-on-testimony

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70337 on: October 2, 2022, 06:03:16 pm »
Its pretty mental to have an inquiry and not hear all the evidence.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70338 on: October 2, 2022, 06:06:21 pm »
I guess this could go in the Tory thread too:

Bereaved families fear Covid inquiry cover-up after ban on testimony

As hearings open this week, relatives are told they will not be able to speak about hospital care standards

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/oct/02/bereaved-families-fear-covid-inquiry-cover-up-after-ban-on-testimony

Cover-up incoming. What a surprise.

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #70339 on: October 3, 2022, 10:51:28 pm »
100% there'll be a cover up / stitch up, call it what you like. I'll also be amazed if there's an outcome before the next Election as they won't be allowed to be seen as influencing the vote in something that should be critical of the government 's handling

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70340 on: October 4, 2022, 09:08:14 am »
100% there'll be a cover up / stitch up, call it what you like. I'll also be amazed if there's an outcome before the next Election as they won't be allowed to be seen as influencing the vote in something that should be critical of the government 's handling

Hillsborough all over again.

Edit - and the decades long blood contamination scandal.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70341 on: October 4, 2022, 09:16:07 am »
Read a report about Dr Xand Van Tulleken (won’t post the link due to the source) who suffered severe atrial fibrillation post Covid.

Whilst my Covid was fairly mild six weeks later I had the same problem and spent two nights in hospital or bring my heart rate down from over 170 bpm. I’m due a heart scan at the end of the month and hope there is no long term damage.

Just the sniffles, hey?

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70342 on: October 4, 2022, 09:32:54 am »
Even if it's released and is damning they will put it all on Johnson, Hancock and Sunak.  That Tory party ceased to exist on 6th September, don't ya know?

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #70343 on: October 4, 2022, 05:00:34 pm »
Read a report about Dr Xand Van Tulleken (won’t post the link due to the source) who suffered severe atrial fibrillation post Covid.

Whilst my Covid was fairly mild six weeks later I had the same problem and spent two nights in hospital or bring my heart rate down from over 170 bpm. I’m due a heart scan at the end of the month and hope there is no long term damage.

Just the sniffles, hey?
sounds horrendous matey, fingers crossed you get the all clear

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70344 on: October 4, 2022, 11:16:48 pm »
Mother in law (70) has had heart trouble since getting covid. They can’t/won’t say if it’s linked.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70345 on: October 5, 2022, 03:36:36 pm »
Mother in law (70) has had heart trouble since getting covid. They can’t/won’t say if it’s linked.

The evidence seems to be growing.

https://heart.bmj.com/content/108/12/902

But it’s no worse than a bad cold, so that’s alright.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70346 on: October 5, 2022, 08:11:33 pm »
The evidence seems to be growing.

https://heart.bmj.com/content/108/12/902

But it’s no worse than a bad cold, so that’s alright.

There’s also the report on memory loss issues out today. My mum has had short term memory issues since a bad bout of covid in 2020.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #70347 on: October 5, 2022, 10:27:16 pm »
The fucker finally got me.

No idea how, I'm presuming at work. Feel proper rough for the last 24 hours.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70348 on: October 5, 2022, 10:39:03 pm »
There’s also the report on memory loss issues out today. My mum has had short term memory issues since a bad bout of covid in 2020.

Had brain fog and short term memory loss but only for a month or so and seems to have cleared up.

Offline sunny_LFC

• Internet Terrorist
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70349 on: October 6, 2022, 01:17:58 am »
Have it now, second time, first being just before and then all of Xmas 2020

Had 2 vaccines but yet to have booster

Anyway, two days of bed bound hell, pain, chills, cough, runny nose. This time including short breath, for a reasonably healthy thirty something

Started Saturday night and better now, but just lost all taste and smell

This bitch ain’t going away any time soon
Quote from: liverpoolway forum user
They lock everything on RAWK, unless it's some long winded, pretentious 'tactical' assessment or a pithy in joke from one of their mates.
"my secretary Sheila said to me that the ball had crossed the line,  that was good enough for me"

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70350 on: October 8, 2022, 09:00:06 am »
I've caught this now :no In 304 against Rangers would be most likely, even though the incubation period would only be 2 days.

What is the current recommendation regarding paracetamol/ibuprofen etc? I mostly have a sore throat and high temperature, thankfully my lungs still feel fine.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #70351 on: October 8, 2022, 09:09:52 am »
I've caught this now :no In 304 against Rangers would be most likely, even though the incubation period would only be 2 days.

What is the current recommendation regarding paracetamol/ibuprofen etc? I mostly have a sore throat and high temperature, thankfully my lungs still feel fine.
Take lots of fluid onboard. No real recommendation for paracetamol or ibuprofen but paracetamol is generally seen to have less rare side effects so NHS advises to start with that.
Finally lots of rest.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70352 on: October 8, 2022, 09:12:19 am »
Take lots of fluid onboard. No real recommendation for paracetamol or ibuprofen but paracetamol is generally seen to have less rare side effects so NHS advises to start with that.
Finally lots of rest.

Ta, doing that. Just hope it doesn't get any worse.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70353 on: October 8, 2022, 10:28:49 am »
Covid on the rise but obviously don’t expect the current government to do much let alone acknowledge it

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/covid-cases-uk-guidance-b2197755.html

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70354 on: October 8, 2022, 11:16:15 am »
NI Civil Service has now stopped giving special paid leave for those off with Covid. Normal sickness policies apply  ::)
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #70355 on: October 8, 2022, 12:28:30 pm »
NI Civil Service has now stopped giving special paid leave for those off with Covid. Normal sickness policies apply  ::)
6 months full pay, Six months half? Or have the government reduced that now?

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70356 on: October 8, 2022, 12:37:17 pm »
6 months full pay, Six months half? Or have the government reduced that now?

It's more to do with being off with Covid now having the potential to lead to disciplinary action. Previously it counted towards the triggers, but no action would be taken if Covid played any part. Now it's just dealt with like any other sickness.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70357 on: October 8, 2022, 12:41:56 pm »

I'm at the end of it now, had symptoms last friday night starting with a heavy cold that turned into a cough and sore throat at weekend, Monday was torrid with the constant aches and headaches, by Wednesday the aches and feeling weak started to subside, just left with a dry itchy cough now, have the odd coughing fit but it's sorted when i have some cold water.

I was staggering the Paracetemols, taking a couple every 4 hours, didn't touch any Ibuprofens.

I don't know how anyone can walk around being unvaccinated, the vaccine stops it going to your lungs and doing serious damage.

Get well soon.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70358 on: October 8, 2022, 12:59:07 pm »
I'm at the end of it now, had symptoms last friday night starting with a heavy cold that turned into a cough and sore throat at weekend, Monday was torrid with the constant aches and headaches, by Wednesday the aches and feeling weak started to subside, just left with a dry itchy cough now, have the odd coughing fit but it's sorted when i have some cold water.

I was staggering the Paracetemols, taking a couple every 4 hours, didn't touch any Ibuprofens.

I don't know how anyone can walk around being unvaccinated, the vaccine stops it going to your lungs and doing serious damage.

Get well soon.

Thanks! Had some paracetamol, which means I'm sort of functioning, hah.

Glad you're feeling better. Its a weird illness, hard to predict how it'll turn out. To be honest while I'm not feeling great right now, I'm more worried about long covid.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70359 on: October 8, 2022, 01:04:16 pm »
It's more to do with being off with Covid now having the potential to lead to disciplinary action. Previously it counted towards the triggers, but no action would be taken if Covid played any part. Now it's just dealt with like any other sickness.

What are the issues with this?