Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3457941 times)

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #67360 on: December 23, 2021, 11:19:36 pm »
Surely they'd put them in the chopsticks
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #67361 on: December 23, 2021, 11:25:46 pm »
Why wouldn't you want Nanobots? In the movies they always repair bodies from the inside. I'm half Asian anyway, so I could live with Nanobots adding a bit Chinese, if it means I'm good for another 80 years from now... ;)

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #67362 on: December 23, 2021, 11:25:57 pm »
Because the flu isn’t every 3 months...
It's a serious question.
I guess it's no different to a lot of proper that didn't have the jab before. I know I'm lucky that work would have paid for it, but even if I had to shell out the tenner I'd do it simply to avoid feeling really shit for a few days. Even if it were a one in ten chance of getting the flu if consider it money well spent.
Just curious why if it was free ( well already paid for by taxes) why would you not have it? I guess if it leaves you feeling shitty for a couple of days and covid is unlikely to affect you it might be rational to not bother.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67363 on: December 23, 2021, 11:26:42 pm »
Why wouldn't you want Nanobots? In the movies they always repair bodies from the inside. I'm half Asian anyway, so I could live with Nanobots adding a bit Chinese, if it means I'm good for another 80 years from now... ;)
When will they invent the nanobot to exterminate nits!
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #67364 on: December 23, 2021, 11:29:48 pm »
Here's the link.

https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests
cheers Jill, I guess it's pot luck which ones you get then as the ones I have received from there are the nose and throat ones
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #67365 on: December 23, 2021, 11:31:02 pm »
Prawn crackers full of nanobots  ;D

Not full enough. They never fill you up.

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67366 on: December 23, 2021, 11:39:16 pm »
Obviously, things change.  But, the original advice was to wait at least 6 months after your second dose.  Omicron has been shown to be milder, so, unless there's a new, stronger variant, a single jab in the winter months (when you're more likely to catch it, and when there's more strain on the health services) seems logical.
Not wanting to be an arse, but the bold bit comes from the same report as the data that sparked your reply. Cherry picking one piece of information while ignoring another - in the same report - doesn’t seem logical to me?

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #67367 on: December 24, 2021, 07:43:04 am »
Quick question

My mum has had a pcr come back positive this morning and my dad has done two lateral flows both positive too

I was with them both last night for a short while but I had covid the end of November what’s the deal with re-infection? Aren’t I immune for 3 months?

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67368 on: December 24, 2021, 08:21:05 am »
Quick question

My mum has had a pcr come back positive this morning and my dad has done two lateral flows both positive too

I was with them both last night for a short while but I had covid the end of November what’s the deal with re-infection? Aren’t I immune for 3 months?

Not definitely, but most likely. 3months to 5 years are the estimates. My mate was the same as you. Managed to be in the same household as 3 infected people for a week but wasn’t reinfected after having it two months earlier.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67369 on: December 24, 2021, 08:48:34 am »

Here's a fella that works for a company called Pfizer - not sure what they do, but he seems to think annual vaccines are likely..........

Pfizer boss: Annual Covid jabs for years to come

People will be likely to need to have annual Covid vaccinations for many years to come, the head of Pfizer has told the BBC

Dr Albert Bourla said he thought this would be needed to maintain a "very high level of protection".

The UK has now secured an extra 114 million doses of Pfizer and Moderna vaccines to be delivered over the next two years.

A year ago the UK was the first country to approve the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59488848?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67370 on: December 24, 2021, 08:53:56 am »
Not wanting to be an arse, but the bold bit comes from the same report as the data that sparked your reply. Cherry picking one piece of information while ignoring another - in the same report - doesn’t seem logical to me?

Not sure which report you're talking about, I haven't quoted from anything...?

It was a response to a post questioning why we wouldn't need annual vaccinations, and I suggested we would.

The Pfizer boss seems to agree with me:

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67371 on: December 24, 2021, 08:59:30 am »
So it's a covid Christmas from my household. Oddly, mrs F shows -ve on LFT but +ve on PCR.
The rest of us started with a faint line one day then a big fat one the next day. 
Mrs F is asymptomatic, the rest of us have winter colds symptoms.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67372 on: December 24, 2021, 09:12:06 am »
Honestly feels like 1/2 people now have covid. I reckon if everyone tested right now for it it would be a staggering amount of people...

Really hoping this ends up as a positive and we have a great immunity from it whatever variant comes around.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #67373 on: December 24, 2021, 09:14:56 am »
Honestly feels like 1/2 people now have covid. I reckon if everyone tested right now for it it would be a staggering amount of people...

Really hoping this ends up as a positive and we have a great immunity from it whatever variant comes around.
Half of all people with a ‘cold’ have omicron… let’s hope that the final destination of this bloody awful disease.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67374 on: December 24, 2021, 09:16:48 am »

It was a response to a post questioning why we wouldn't need annual vaccinations, and I suggested we would.

That's fair enough if that turns out to be the case. Sorry I was just being pedantic about your logic which read to me - and apologies if I misunderstood - that if a year is fine for the flu, it must be fine for Covid.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67375 on: December 24, 2021, 09:24:35 am »
Half of all people with a ‘cold’ have omicron… let’s hope that the final destination of this bloody awful disease.

Does feel like we're coming out of the dark at last.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #67376 on: December 24, 2021, 09:26:38 am »
Does feel like we're coming out of the dark at last.

Feel a bit more optimistic but we should have a better idea at the end of January - and the days will be longer by then as well.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #67377 on: December 24, 2021, 09:36:34 am »
Here's a fella that works for a company called Pfizer - not sure what they do, but he seems to think annual vaccines are likely..........

Little difference is he’s in about at some time in the future. You said you’re not having another one again for a year.

So unless you’ve a quote from the fella saying this last one is the last you’ll need and it’s now a yearly vaccine then that quote is quite meaningless.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #67378 on: December 24, 2021, 09:48:19 am »
China invokes lockdown in Xi’an ahead of the Winter Olympics.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-59743487

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #67379 on: December 24, 2021, 10:02:32 am »
cheers Jill, I guess it's pot luck which ones you get then as the ones I have received from there are the nose and throat ones

I might have the same ones as yours then this time. The other ones I collected from work, maybe it's just essential workers who get the other ones.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #67380 on: December 24, 2021, 10:08:41 am »
Quick question

No, you can catch Omicron after you have had Delta although it tends to be less severe. You probably had Delta in November but there’s a good chance your parents have Omicron.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67381 on: December 24, 2021, 11:08:45 am »
Does the UK have a policy on incoming travellers who have been vaccinated with three different vaccine types? A friend of mine may need to go back to UK, but 1st dose was AZ, 2nd was Pfizer and booster was Moderna.

No, afaik the vaccines need to be approved in the UK, the combination is not important.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67382 on: December 24, 2021, 11:13:07 am »
I might have the same ones as yours then this time. The other ones I collected from work, maybe it's just essential workers who get the other ones.

My lad got given the nasal ones by his school, he's only just around his 90 days since he had covid, so I nicked them for me to use ;)
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #67383 on: December 24, 2021, 11:14:49 am »
My lad got given the nasal ones by his school, he's only just around his 90 days since he had covid, so I nicked them for me to use ;)

That doesn't surprise me.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67384 on: December 24, 2021, 11:14:59 am »

Think it might depend on the outcome of the "treat covid at home" pill. If it works, we have a good way of treating the majority of those who get medium-severity covid.

I'm going out o  a limb here, but I could see that there will only be a 4th booster for the extremely vulnerable (eg immunocompromised). For the rest of us, with Omicron being dominant, covid will become indestinguishable from a cold ("half of colds are covid"), and we we'll start treating it as such.

Think someome from the government recently also said they'd now stock up on antiviral meds - that is to treat the ones who get seriously ill. (As opposed to buying more vaccines).
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #67385 on: December 24, 2021, 12:11:15 pm »
With the way omicron is going and the likely evolution of mutations from there it might be at a point where hardly even the immunocompromised will need a vaccine in a year or two. Flu seems to be a lot more resistant because it's a more stable virus than corona viruses are so the endgame is always going to be that the virus deflates itself and becomes another common cold. Already it seems like losing taste and smell is very rare with omicron for example.

It's still serious enough that millions of people will get it this winter and therefore hundreds of thousands in Europe alone will sadly lose their lives at least so long as Delta exists, but once resistance to omicron builds up the virus won't have many places to go. Delta will most likely be virtually extinct in spring because it can't keep up with the transmissibility of omicron in relative terms.

Either way, once the vaccines are adapted to omicron it's probably game over for covid as a deadly disease in general.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 12:14:03 pm by Lewis Hamilton’s #1 baubles »
Linudden.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #67386 on: December 24, 2021, 01:21:51 pm »
I'm going out o  a limb here, but I could see that there will only be a 4th booster for the extremely vulnerable (eg immunocompromised). For the rest of us, with Omicron being dominant, covid will become indestinguishable from a cold ("half of colds are covid"), and we we'll start treating it as such

I wonder if we'll all get a fourth but kind of a broad spectrum tweaked one like the US army apparently has developed? I would imagine at least over 50's getting a fourth of something or other

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #67387 on: December 24, 2021, 01:25:09 pm »
No, afaik the vaccines need to be approved in the UK, the combination is not important.

Great. Thanks :wave

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #67388 on: December 24, 2021, 01:29:30 pm »
I wonder if we'll all get a fourth but kind of a broad spectrum tweaked one like the US army apparently has developed? I would imagine at least over 50's getting a fourth of something or other

I think everyone will be offered a fourth omicron-specific vaccine but at that point I don't see it being widely taken by people below the age of 40 due to the perceived lack of harm from a natural infection once Delta is extincted. It will be reduced to the annual flu shot to the point where the virus eventually becomes harmless enough that it becomes a 'nursing home jab'.
Linudden.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #67389 on: December 24, 2021, 01:34:44 pm »
I would think we wouldn't have needed a 4th dose this quickly but Omicron's immune evasion has caused problems for current vaccines.

If it evades most antibodies produced by current vaccines we need a lot more of them to help reduce symptomatic infection, it looks like protection against severe disease holds up better though even with existing vaccines.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67390 on: December 24, 2021, 01:38:17 pm »
 Not sure what the future of vaccines is…

Do you bring in an omicron specific one? If you do, what happens if a new variant comes out of a similar lineage to delta? That vaccine might not be very good against it (omicron’s vaccine escape might mean a specific vaccine isn’t very effective against it).

So they’re are some tricky decisions to make.

I’m assuming our booster shots are still original vaccines recipes against the wild type virus, does anyone know different?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #67391 on: December 24, 2021, 01:43:19 pm »

Do you bring in an omicron specific one? If you do, what happens if a new variant comes out of a similar lineage to delta? That vaccine might not be very good against it (omicron’s vaccine escape might mean a specific vaccine isn’t very effective against it).

I’m assuming our booster shots are still original vaccines recipes against the wild type virus, does anyone know different?

There is only so much it can mutate as far as I am aware, I don't think they bothered with a tweak because they thought boosters would be fine (which they are) and have a crap ton of them. Just immunity to infection is dropping a bit faster than thought

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #67392 on: December 24, 2021, 01:46:58 pm »

Isn't the geneology of omicron an evolution of delta? All cases in South Africa were of that type before omicron emerged after all. The window for the delta variant to develop something different is closing very quickly though as it gets piledrived by the omicron wave. Potentially a mutation that goes differently from delta could be more harmful than omicron but:

a) it's unlikely it's transmissible enough to outcompete it.
b) to be able to outcompete omicron while maintaining the lethality of delta is extremely unlikely.

Even so, delta is already much less harmful per capita of cases than the first variant although it can do larger damage due to it being highly transmissible. It's still quite evident that the mortality rate of covid infections are lower than it used to be. Especially considering how the unvaccinated at the ICU fare a lot better than people during the first wave on average. At least in Sweden.
Linudden.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67393 on: December 24, 2021, 01:51:43 pm »
Isn't the geneology of omicron an evolution of delta? All cases in South Africa were of that type before omicron emerged after all. The window for the delta variant to develop something different is closing very quickly though as it gets piledrived by the omicron wave. Potentially a mutation that goes differently from delta could be more harmful than omicron but:

b) to be able to outcompete omicron while maintaining the lethality of delta is extremely unlikely.

Even so, delta is already much less harmful per capita of cases than the first variant although it can do larger damage due to it being highly transmissible. It's still quite evident that the mortality rate of covid infections are lower than it used to be. Especially considering how the unvaccinated at the ICU fare a lot better than people during the first wave on average. At least in Sweden.
Omicron was first identified there, that doesn’t mean it necessarily originated there. Also, it was Beta that was identified in SA previously

I’d like to see your data for those claims on delta.   As far as I was aware, it had more vaccine and immune escape that wild type and was more transmissible
W

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67394 on: December 24, 2021, 02:02:13 pm »

I said the same thing yesterday.

Unless all other variants are extinct you always run the risk of a new lineage appearing, but I guess one of the advantages of Omicron being so infectious is that it should out-compete the others, and if it is 90%+ of global cases say it’s probably a fair bet the next variant after Omicrom comes from Omicron?

Yes, all vaccines currently in mass production are based on the wild/Wuhan variant.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67395 on: December 24, 2021, 02:03:24 pm »
I said the same thing yesterday.

Unless all other variants are extinct you always run the risk of a new lineage appearing, but I guess one of the advantages of Omicron being so infectious is that it should out-compete the others, and if it is 90%+ of global cases say it’s probably a fair bet the next variant after Omicrom comes from Omicron?

Yes, all vaccines currently in mass production are based on the wild/Wuhan variant.
Is omicron out competing delta though? We seem to have both in circulation independently right now
W

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67396 on: December 24, 2021, 02:06:36 pm »

Omicron isn’t a branch of delta. It branched off from alpha way before omicron was on the scene. It’s genealogy is more similar to alpha/beta than delta.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67397 on: December 24, 2021, 02:10:29 pm »
Is omicron out competing delta though? We seem to have both in circulation independently right now

Delta as a proportion of cases is falling compared to Omicron, but Delta is definitely still about.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67398 on: December 24, 2021, 02:11:32 pm »
Delta as a proportion of cases is falling compared to Omicron, but Delta is definitely still about.
I thought it had stabilised (might have imagined that mind you)
W

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67399 on: December 24, 2021, 02:15:33 pm »
I thought it had stabilised (might have imagined that mind you)

Trying to find a link but I read and hear so much on Covid I can’t even remember if I heard it or read it!
Thinking is overrated.