Author Topic: Confiscated members cards  (Read 36566 times)

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
Confiscated members cards
« on: January 22, 2017, 09:58:21 am »
I let a couple of mates borrow my members cards yesterday for the swansea game. They were stopped at the turnstile and asked to see the cards and to confirm their name and address. My mates explained that I let them borrow them as I couldn't make the game, then asked how much they paid, which was 53 quid each. They showed her the ticket receipt email which I forwarded onto them which has the seat details on it. She looked at the seats and said they should have only been 9 pounds and said they were confiscating the cards as they thought that I may be a tout!! My mates explained the situation and that I'm let them borrow the cards as I couldn't go, she said I would have to contact them as the card holder to provide evidence.

Has anyone else had this before? Bit annoyed as they don't even know the correct costs of the seats! If they priced them wrong, then that is their fault. Also, if they are 9 pound seats, then I'll be asking for a refund!  defo paid 53 and have all receipts and credit card statements to prove this.

Also does anyone know how long they take to post them back? I need them for the southampton game.

Thanks
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Confiscated members cards
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 10:32:36 am »
You'll have to get onto them quickly to sort out dupes cos I don't think they'll be giving them back in time for Southampton.

I saw quite a few people getting questioned by the stewards when we went in yesterday, they were filling in a form on a clipboard and asked people for ID and keeping their stubs. Weird they picked on your mates unless it's random checks? What was the seat and block mate? We were in the £9 seats and I think they cover about 20 seats in on some rows in U1 - no idea about U9 as I've not been that end.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 10:39:44 am »
Whole thread about this happening last year. I noticed stewards on the prowl in 102 both before and during the game.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=325541.0

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 11:10:15 am »
I let a couple of mates borrow my members cards yesterday for the swansea game. They were stopped at the turnstile and asked to see the cards and to confirm their name and address. My mates explained that I let them borrow them as I couldn't make the game, then asked how much they paid, which was 53 quid each. They showed her the ticket receipt email which I forwarded onto them which has the seat details on it. She looked at the seats and said they should have only been 9 pounds and said they were confiscating the cards as they thought that I may be a tout!! My mates explained the situation and that I'm let them borrow the cards as I couldn't go, she said I would have to contact them as the card holder to provide evidence.

Has anyone else had this before? Bit annoyed as they don't even know the correct costs of the seats! If they priced them wrong, then that is their fault. Also, if they are 9 pound seats, then I'll be asking for a refund!  defo paid 53 and have all receipts and credit card statements to prove this.

Also does anyone know how long they take to post them back? I need them for the southampton game.

Thanks

As far as I am aware all the £9 seats are paper tickets only. They should know that.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 11:22:02 am »
Thanks for the replies. seats were MSU/U1/61/0008 and 09.

And yeah I thought they were paper tickets as well. Will phone them first thing tomorrow.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 11:38:53 am »
Whole thread about this happening last year. I noticed stewards on the prowl in 102 both before and during the game.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=325541.0
Even in the kop? Fuckin hell. By all means if you have evidence of touting do something about it. But this random action for no reason is disgusting.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 11:44:03 am »
You'll have to get onto them quickly to sort out dupes cos I don't think they'll be giving them back in time for Southampton.

I saw quite a few people getting questioned by the stewards when we went in yesterday, they were filling in a form on a clipboard and asked people for ID and keeping their stubs. Weird they picked on your mates unless it's random checks? What was the seat and block mate? We were in the £9 seats and I think they cover about 20 seats in on some rows in U1 - no idea about U9 as I've not been that end.
Sounds like they might be specifically clamping down on the local sale £9 tickets, which is fair enough. It would be easy enough to do checks on all of those given the low number of them. It's a great initiative and one that we don't want taken away. By all accounts that could be the case next season

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 12:16:14 pm »
The £9 tickets are all paper tickets only now, first few games they activated members cards but then changed to ticket only.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 12:23:15 pm »
The £9 tickets are all paper tickets only now, first few games they activated members cards but then changed to ticket only.

Doesn't that encourage touting though?

Paper tickets means the tout can just post them out.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2017, 12:34:56 pm »
Doesn't that encourage touting though?

Paper tickets means the tout can just post them out.
It would be easy enough to do an ID check on all paper tickets  50000 cards not so

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2017, 12:37:22 pm »
Even in the kop? Fuckin hell. By all means if you have evidence of touting do something about it. But this random action for no reason is disgusting.

The worst thing is that people were showing the stewards cards and ID & I saw them on at least 2 occasions go to the wrong seat and then call another steward over to ask where the seat was.

With that logic it doesn't surprise me that somebody with a £53 has been mistaken for someone with a £9 ticket
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 12:39:18 pm by Alf »

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2017, 12:42:32 pm »
The worst thing is that people were showing the stewards cards and ID & I saw them on at least 2 occasions go to the wrong seat and then call another steward over to ask where the seat was.

With that logic it doesn't surprise me that somebody with a £53 has been mistaken for someone with a £9 ticket
I think a lot of the time it is people drawing attention to themselves. People being utterly thick and not being able to find their seat doesn't help. Even when I pass spares on through the RAWK exchange I remind people to not ask stewards where the seat is. Ask another fan instead. Asking stewards is just asking for trouble

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2017, 01:27:43 pm »

And yeah I thought they were paper tickets as well. Will phone them first thing tomorrow.

Think that qualifies as a £9 ticket because the saints ticket i bought for my mate is 68/0011, but obviously you bought it in members sale
"I told my players during the break: Since we're here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football." - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2017, 01:53:51 pm »
I think a lot of the time it is people drawing attention to themselves. People being utterly thick and not being able to find their seat doesn't help. Even when I pass spares on through the RAWK exchange I remind people to not ask stewards where the seat is. Ask another fan instead. Asking stewards is just asking for trouble

I don't even make eye contact with the stewards, I don't want to give them any reason to start a conversation with me. The ones who do Euro aways & Man Utd away are fine they've been at the club years but some of the new ones are jobs worth's.

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2017, 01:56:26 pm »
I don't even make eye contact with the stewards, I don't want to give them any reason to start a conversation with me. The ones who do Euro aways & Man Utd away are fine they've been at the club years but some of the new ones are jobs worth's.

The bald chap in 304 is the most miserable bastard I've ever seen.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2017, 01:58:05 pm »
Agreed. Some of them are power crazed little pricks. Probably Evertonians. The ones who do Euro aways and even some domestic aways (always Man U and Everton. But they did Plymouth too) are all sound and I some times chat to them as you get to know them if a regular/semi regular away goer

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2017, 02:23:35 pm »

Thanks

Can't you just ask to collect the cards in person on Wednesday?

Offline jackjones93

• Main Stander
  • we'll be coming down the road ...
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2017, 02:32:03 pm »
Did they make it into the ground in the end or were they turned away?

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2017, 02:41:16 pm »

We were in 63/6 & 7, think they're either side of the aisle for 8 & 9. Deffo get onto the club and query it.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2017, 02:54:49 pm »
Didn't the receipt you sent them have the price on, or are they like the ACS ones? ::)
We are a team of one half.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2017, 03:05:50 pm »
Absolutely pathetic from the club
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2017, 04:23:11 pm »
Can't you just ask to collect the cards in person on Wednesday?

Yeah looks like I'll be doing this. Hopefully they'll let me collect.

Did they make it into the ground in the end or were they turned away?

Thankfully they were allowed in. Would have been proper annoyed if they hadn't. They live 200 odd miles away.

Didn't the receipt you sent them have the price on, or are they like the ACS ones? ::)

That's the annoying thing. It had everything on there, the payment ref, seat details, price, my address etc.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2017, 05:10:22 pm »
Just a thought, but row 61 is the front row I think, so that might not be within the £9 block?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2017, 06:29:47 pm »
I have paid £53 for some in row 62 before which is the second row.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2017, 07:24:07 pm »

That would only be a problem with a season ticket though wouldn't it? You really have to be clueless to ask for directions to the seat if you are borrowing a season ticket.

Lots of regular members get tickets in different parts of the stadium fairly often  don't they?
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2017, 07:35:42 pm »
That would only be a problem with a season ticket though wouldn't it? You really have to be clueless to ask for directions to the seat if you are borrowing a season ticket.

Lots of regular members get tickets in different parts of the stadium fairly often  don't they?
Yes fair point. A season ticket is an immediate red flag. Especially when it has an English name and a Norwegian/Arabic/Chibese user etc.

Ironically I have seen this happen and no questions asked about the card!

Offline Molealdinho_LK

• Anny Roader
  • Killing threads and wrecking heads!
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2017, 12:13:38 pm »
Disgrace by the club. Have heard this happen a few times and always seems to be people who have genuinely gotten a mates/family members card/tickets.

The amount of people at each game who are using other peoples cards is massive if they were to take this approach with everyone the ground would be half empty.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2017, 12:21:38 pm »
Yep it's the Seasie cards that are collected en masse just before kick off they need to target. They're blatantly touted and collected back in!

Offline Chief Brody

• Living the goosed life. Requires explanation. Works on the 110% scale.
  • Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2017, 02:30:49 pm »
Noticed a couple of stewards going through a stack of about 15-20 members cards in the Annie road lower, must be having a clamp down.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2017, 02:33:22 pm »
Noticed a couple of stewards going through a stack of about 15-20 members cards in the Annie road lower, must be having a clamp down.
Always targeting Anfield Road it seems!

Offline Chief Brody

• Living the goosed life. Requires explanation. Works on the 110% scale.
  • Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2017, 02:40:07 pm »
I'd imagine the lower category games get a good proportion of non-regulars turning up there. Easy pickings.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2017, 03:18:03 pm »
I'd imagine the lower category games get a good proportion of non-regulars turning up there. Easy pickings.
Wouldn't do it in 305 would they. Wouldn't have the balls

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2017, 06:24:29 pm »
I bet there very out in force for next says game
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2017, 10:12:55 pm »
Always targeting Anfield Road it seems!

Local members sale maybe.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2017, 09:25:38 am »

I hope they've explained themselves by now and apologised. I've just had a look at that block and noticed seat 9 doesn't exist ;D it goes [8] <aisle> [11]. It's not the front row, that's 59.

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2017, 04:22:04 pm »
Same thing happened me last Saturday, the card was taken off my mate and now my card has been blocked, I went to log on this morning to buy a Wolves ticket and it wouldn't allow me in. I rang the club and they said your account has been frozen and a letter has been issued. She said she couldn't discuss it further and I have to reply to the letter..

Am I at risk at loosing my card and credits here?!?
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2017, 04:26:20 pm »
Same thing happened me last Saturday, the card was taken off my mate and now my card has been blocked, I went to log on this morning to buy a Wolves ticket and it wouldn't allow me in. I rang the club and they said your account has been frozen and a letter has been issued. She said she couldn't discuss it further and I have to reply to the letter..

Am I at risk at loosing my card and credits here?!?

I'd like to think not but with the club being run by a bunch of incompetent morons then it really wouldn't surprise me  ::)
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Dan6times

• Kopite
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2017, 04:45:09 pm »
I'd like to think not but with the club being run by a bunch of incompetent morons then it really wouldn't surprise me  ::)

Don't know what I would do if i lost all my credits, gutted here
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2017, 05:00:58 pm »
Do you can't go 2moro now Dan? It's not right...
We are a team of one half.

Offline Dan6times

• Kopite
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2017, 05:22:40 pm »
Do you can't go 2moro now Dan? It's not right...

Not just tomorrow, if I loose my card then I loose all the remaining prem home games and possibly missing out on a Wembley final ticket. If we make champions league ill loose my European credits for next season too!