Author Topic: James Milner - El Burro Magnifico  (Read 578175 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: James Milner - El Burro Magnifico
« Reply #4200 on: March 16, 2023, 11:58:34 am »
Liverpool’s issue is that over recent season we have let vital experienced players go every season. Gini, Lallana, Mane to name a few and now Bobby seems to leaving.

If you want to build the young players need to learn off the likes of Milner. We are in a rebuilding stage. Can’t just rebuild without players that know and understand the club.

:duh :duh :duh
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4201 on: March 16, 2023, 01:01:05 pm »
Liverpool’s issue is that over recent season we have let vital experienced players go every season. Gini, Lallana, Mane to name a few and now Bobby seems to leaving.

If you want to build the young players need to learn off the likes of Milner. We are in a rebuilding stage. Can’t just rebuild without players that know and understand the club.

Really? That's what you think the issue is?!

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4202 on: March 16, 2023, 01:02:58 pm »

This is one of the wildest takes I've ever seen, if you're even remotely serious.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Online na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4203 on: March 16, 2023, 01:06:05 pm »
Thought he was brilliant last night

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4204 on: March 16, 2023, 01:12:06 pm »
I would rather we sell Jones and keep Milner for a year.

Me too. I have a hunch Millie will be retained, and Jones will be retained for another year as a squad option or loaned out. He needs to be played in cups next year or loaned to have sale value. At this moment in time, he would only achieve around £10m. If he can do the business at a shit club like Notts Forest for a season then we’d get double that at least. And FSG being tightwads, I’m sure they’ll be thinking of resale value.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4205 on: March 16, 2023, 01:47:58 pm »
Never expect sense from a man with a laminated poster of Charlie Adam.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4206 on: March 16, 2023, 03:05:00 pm »
We've played him far more than we should have had to this season, but his effort for the cause and his mentality are unquestionable. On the proviso that we get at least a couple of starting midfielders in the summer, I'd give him another year. Then he can play the covering role as sub and a starter in the lesser games he should have been playing this season.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4207 on: March 16, 2023, 03:15:51 pm »
He played well yesterday, how we all wish he was still 27.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4208 on: April 28, 2023, 08:56:35 pm »
https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1652036342342090755

EXCL: Brighton preparing move to sign James Milner as free agent. 37yo’s Liverpool contract expires this summer + #BHAFC determined to secure former England midfielder. Burnley also among suitors but Roberto De Zerbi’s men favourites. [@TheAthleticFC]
#LFC

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #4209 on: April 28, 2023, 09:28:24 pm »
Assumed he was on his way as he's not really featured recently (at least from the start) and Klopp is very much in next season preparation mode and the likes of Arthur, Keita, Ox not involved at all and Milner not started for ages and only getting 5-10 minutes off the bench most weeks.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #4210 on: April 28, 2023, 09:41:24 pm »
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #4211 on: April 28, 2023, 10:48:06 pm »
Joining up with Lallana.  Straight swap for Caicido or Mac Allister

and 50m
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Online robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #4212 on: April 28, 2023, 11:02:58 pm »
I’d keep him on same terms for the leadership alone, I’m with Klopp on this one, we should keep him.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4213 on: April 28, 2023, 11:07:43 pm »
He will be going back home if they manage to stay up.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #4214 on: April 28, 2023, 11:14:38 pm »
Thought we would give him a role with the coaching staff.  Magnificent professional.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4215 on: April 28, 2023, 11:24:41 pm »
If he wants one more year playing, then let him. Just as long as he returns to us as a coach.

I'll be sorry to see him go, but he's given us everything we could have asked and more. He will always have a home here.

He better get some game time in our last home match. Will be tough enough saying goodbye to Bobby.  :'(
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4216 on: April 28, 2023, 11:38:52 pm »
Was hoping he'd stay, forever.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4217 on: April 28, 2023, 11:55:00 pm »
I'd love to keep him (and I think he'd like to stay on), but it's up to him if he wants another year as a squad player with us rarely playing, or he wants a chance of playing more with another club.  He could be a player coach with us and be there if we need him, I think everyone would love this option.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4218 on: April 29, 2023, 04:55:53 am »
Joining up with Lallana.  Straight swap for Caicido or Mac Allister

kind of make sense transfer wise. Brighton know of our interest in ceicedo and Mac as its all over the news and wont even be shocked if we have been working behind the scenes. The way we do business is pretty much low key and proper with both clubs benefiting.

Lallana might have a say in getting milner putting in a good word and not even sure that is needed seeing how a model pro milner is.

If it does go through, might be sad to see him go but we do need a proper revamp of our midfield and hopefully another leader in the squad takes up the mentoring role that milner is good at

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #4219 on: April 29, 2023, 06:39:23 am »
I'd think that he'd be a more versatile option to keep up than Hendo, but that's considered heresy...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #4220 on: April 29, 2023, 07:24:37 am »
If he wants one more year playing, then let him. Just as long as he returns to us as a coach.

I'll be sorry to see him go, but he's given us everything we could have asked and more. He will always have a home here.

He better get some game time in our last home match. Will be tough enough saying goodbye to Bobby.  :'(

He's 39 games off Barry's PL appearance record so he could break that next season or the season after.

Ideally he'd achieve that next season and then come back here.

We know we fucked up with the midfield and it's a case of clearing the decks a bit.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4221 on: April 29, 2023, 09:00:49 am »
I'd love him to stay. There's so much the younger players can learn from him.

He's also the one proper sneaky bastard we have. Knows exactly what and when to waste time, wind players up, etc. Who was that player with the dangerous long throws into the box? He was preparing one of them, Milner warming up behind him and running past him just when he takes the throw. Sure thay wasn't coincidence.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline BeingJohnMarkovic

• Anny Roader
  • Its All In The Game
« Reply #4222 on: April 29, 2023, 10:18:16 am »
Love this man. I'd love to see him stay on but if he still wants to play games, the time is probably right for him to go elsewhere and do that. A truly magnificent professional. You could argue that he's been one of the best free transfer signings of all time.
It ain't what you takin', it's who you takin' from, ya feel me? How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

Online Believe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4223 on: April 29, 2023, 10:36:47 am »
Only needs 50 ish games to set the all time appearance record in the PL - let him get them at Brighton and then he can hang up his boots and start coaching youth teams with us!!

Offline rolla

• Main Stander
« Reply #4224 on: April 29, 2023, 10:54:29 am »
I thought I was OK with this and believed that I could 'logic' over the sentimental reasons I wanted him to stay.  I even like Brighton as far as other teams go.

Then, I thought of him playing against us and made an immediate emotional backflip. Selfishly,  I want him on our bench, ready to come on for the last 5 minutes of each game, until he is 40.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4225 on: April 29, 2023, 02:15:32 pm »
If we are strengthening our squad in the summer, he is likely to be even further down the pecking order.

If he feels he has another season in him at the top level playing week in week out (which I feel he does), it's not going to be at Liverpool.

Would be gutted to see him go but he owes us nothing, gave us some of the best days of his career.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4226 on: April 29, 2023, 02:20:37 pm »
I didn't even think about him being so close to the appearance record,just the PL though right ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline harrylfc

• Legacy Fan
  • XABI'S MATE
« Reply #4227 on: April 29, 2023, 06:54:02 pm »
I'd love him to stay. There's so much the younger players can learn from him.

He's also the one proper sneaky bastard we have. Knows exactly what and when to waste time, wind players up, etc. Who was that player with the dangerous long throws into the box? He was preparing one of them, Milner warming up behind him and running past him just when he takes the throw. Sure thay wasn't coincidence.
id like to think that the younger players in and around the squad have already learnt loads from him,both on and off the pitch,Hendo to take over his mantle as squad player and father figure in an ideal world

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4228 on: April 29, 2023, 07:11:46 pm »
Crazy that he's been with us eight years. We've definitely had the best of him.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #4229 on: April 29, 2023, 10:15:37 pm »
Crazy that he's been with us eight years. We've definitely had the best of him.

And he had the best of the lactate test...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4230 on: April 30, 2023, 01:14:10 am »
There are not many physically better equiped players in his age around.. he is better athlete than some 10 years younger players…

I would keep him, but if he goes, he will be a legend in my opinion.

A true role model and professional.

We need people like him around and in the team.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4231 on: April 30, 2023, 02:09:52 am »
There are not many physically better equiped players in his age around.. he is better athlete than some 10 years younger players…

I would keep him, but if he goes, he will be a legend in my opinion.

A true role model and professional.

We need people like him around and in the team.

He's already a legend.  Hate to say it, he can be fit as players half his age. As you get older, you get slower on the turn (or quicker off the foot).  Putting him out at right back limits this.  Absolute legend of a player, it's a good job we have the best manager going who sees this.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4232 on: May 3, 2023, 02:31:03 pm »
Milner to Brighton all but done
Brighton’s move to land James Milner from Liverpool as a free agent is understood to be ‘all but done’ as they work to tie up their transfer business early.

The midfielder, who is out of contract at Anfield this summer, has also received interest from Burnley but has been blown away by Roberto De Zerbi’s tactical innovation, which has seen both Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp gush over Brighton’s football.

Milner, who will mark 25 seasons in the Premier League in the new campaign, represents an extension of the club’s policy to balance exceptional young talent with a core group of experienced leaders that set standards on and off the pitch.

While nothing has been finalised yet, with Brighton typically carrying out their transfer business quietly, efficiently and respectfully - they still haven’t officially commented on the club-record agreement for Joao Pedro - it is believed all parties are aligned over the move.

Milner will depart Liverpool a club legend, having lifted a league title, Champions League, FA Cup, League Cup, World Club Cup and Super Cup.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4233 on: May 3, 2023, 02:32:25 pm »
Good move for him, great player for Brighton to have in the dressing room.  Everyone wins.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4234 on: May 3, 2023, 02:32:51 pm »
Good move for him, great player for Brighton to have in the dressing room.  Everyone wins.
except us.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4235 on: May 3, 2023, 02:32:57 pm »

Hope he comes back to us as a coach when he finally retires.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #4236 on: May 3, 2023, 02:33:11 pm »

especially our lactate testing equipment...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4237 on: May 3, 2023, 02:33:53 pm »
except us.

He barely plays for us these days and when he does, it's only as a bit part player.  We need to move on.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4238 on: May 3, 2023, 02:34:55 pm »
He barely plays for us these days and when he does, it's only as a bit part player.  We need to move on.
I want him to stay on as a coach.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4239 on: May 3, 2023, 02:36:42 pm »
I want him to stay on as a coach.

I'd be fine with that, but if he still wants to play, then it's time to let him go.