The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

Liverpool's Midfield

<< < (3945/3961) > >>

fiveways:

--- Quote from: SerbianScouser on September 22, 2023, 09:30:40 am ---Is completely and utterly transformed.

The amount of depth, quality, skills, swagger, energy, talent in our midfield is unprecedented.

After years of having an industrial, workmanlike midfield that did a great job of defending spaces behind our fullbacks in transition, giving us stability and legs we are about to build something truly special that can offer a lot more. We have completely robbed off Leipzig for a player that's easily worth over 120 m in this market , a player who looks destined to become one of the best around.

From a department that bolstered our squad it looks like we're building something that can be our main strength. Truly, truly exciting times ahead.

--- End quote ---

yep - the week of the chelsea debacle it felt like we'd been kicked in the bollocks - but it turns out our balls are made of titanium - we brushed ourselves off, counted to ten, and quickly found we had actually already signed 2 of the game-changing world-class players we needed... then we added in my opinion Milners replacement (Endo) plus the player Klopp had his eyes on for ages (Ryan) who showed last night that once he dusts himself off and gets up to speed and accuracy, hes going to be phernominal - weve got 3 of the best midfielders in the league and Europe - good times ahead - going to be an exciting ride - cant wait
... and in fact make that 4 of the best midfielders incl young Stephan in a year or two

Larse:
Early days but our new midfield looks unbelievable. Someone posted the stat that we already have more goal contributions than we had in all of last season from our midfielders. The only one who couldnt convince until wednesday was Endo and then he goes out and has a MOTM performance in his second start for us. We have Thiago coming into this squad aswell.

Im so curious and excited to see this midfield have a real test on saturday

The_Nomad:
Jones has been very very good as well. Letís hope rotation keeps everyone fit and firing. Watching Endo really gave me confidence that if we regularly does that, the two other MFs can really contribute significantly to the attack.

mattD:
At the time I wouldn't have known anything less, but give how its panned out, does anyone else lie in bed with cold sweats thinking we could have had Mason Mount instead of Dom Szoboszlai?

Honestly doesn't bear thinking about.

SamLad:

--- Quote from: mattD on September 29, 2023, 12:31:20 pm ---At the time I wouldn't have known anything less, but give how its panned out, does anyone else lie in bed with cold sweats thinking we could have had Mason Mount instead of Dom Szoboszlai?

Honestly doesn't bear thinking about.

--- End quote ---
so don't post about it either :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version