The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

The Anfield Wrap

<< < (5636/5819) > >>

Big Bamber:
I’m glad Adam used his time to air the rotten turn football has taken. My enthusiasm for the game, the team, the coverage, and podcasts has been trampled by the “Man City” disease, my catch-all term for all that’s gone wrong in the game in recent years. I’ve been supporting the Reds since the 70s so this isn’t a natural dampening as I got older, this is something different and awful and the cure is not obvious. Until it arrives I’m investing less emotion, time, and money in LFC and football. I honestly feel better for it but not everyone might.

Koplord:
Everything Adam said very much resonated with me. Feel like I am at a cross roads with football and it all hinges on what happens with the cheating bastards. If they get off or have minimal punishment that’s it for me because I just don’t see any point putting in more energy or money into this thing that is rigged.

State ownership is what has taken away the enjoyment for the sport and should never be allowed. Add into that what happened in Paris really opened my eyes being caught in the worst of it. Not only do you have to have your emotions destroyed by a soulless sport washing project but you also get treated like the lowest scum of the earth by those who are no more than event organisers.

red_Mark1980:
The Ali McGovern desert island goals was fantastic on the women's team

Sonofthewind:
More from Meg the dog please.

klopptopia:

--- Quote from: Koplord on June  5, 2023, 09:57:34 am ---Everything Adam said very much resonated with me. Feel like I am at a cross roads with football and it all hinges on what happens with the cheating bastards. If they get off or have minimal punishment that’s it for me because I just don’t see any point putting in more energy or money into this thing that is rigged.

State ownership is what has taken away the enjoyment for the sport and should never be allowed. Add into that what happened in Paris really opened my eyes being caught in the worst of it. Not only do you have to have your emotions destroyed by a soulless sport washing project but you also get treated like the lowest scum of the earth by those who are no more than event organisers.

--- End quote ---

Just listened today and I felt exactly the same. I dont usually agree/align Adams viewpoints strangely but this is/was spot on for me, even the point of if he doesnt know if the source of it all is the fact we have been poor this season or a genral sporting feeling.

Ive found myself not bothering to watch many other games outside of Liverpool probably since 13/14 in truth as its felt like a rigged game. I was always though bothered about our games (even though I am not a matchgoer as such) and would hardly miss any. Now im more "meh" to our matches and results and dont even bother with other games at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version