Author Topic: The Scoreboard  (Read 12417 times)

Offline Smurfite

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
The Scoreboard
« on: May 2, 2017, 02:31:15 pm »
Are we getting a new one already?

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Scoreboard
« Reply #1 on: May 3, 2017, 07:33:00 pm »
what if this is part of king kenny stand naming? then new scoreboard will be at main stand.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #2 on: May 4, 2017, 01:40:53 am »
Never been a fan of scoreboards in football. The only time I ever felt we could have done with one was when we stuffed Palace 9-0. That was the only time at a match where I genuinely lost count and had to ask someone how many we had at one point.  :D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3 on: May 4, 2017, 01:52:30 am »
Never been a fan of scoreboards in football. The only time I ever felt we could have done with one was when we stuffed Palace 9-0. That was the only time at a match where I genuinely lost count and had to ask someone how many we had at one point.  :D

When you're in Kop 109 the scoreboard doesn't bother you that much ;)

Would've come in handy for that penalty shootout vs Boro a couple years back (14-13? - a 31 goal 'thriller') - though to be honest after a bit I don't think many were bothered and just wanted to get off home or make the chippy before closing...
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #4 on: May 4, 2017, 03:59:34 pm »
I love em. Make it a video scoreboard  Replays for stuff you missed when you glanced away.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: May 4, 2017, 05:19:47 pm »
I love em. Make it a video scoreboard  Replays for stuff you missed when you glanced away.
Can't stand em, half the time it's fucking adverts anyway.  Glance away?  Lose the moment.  Fuck ya.  :wanker ;D
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 06:42:49 am »

Replays ?! Log your iphone in when you get inside the ground and watch the match live on there, replays an all (need to up your game you lad)
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 08:24:55 am »
I remember the F.A Cup semi-final against Everton at Old Trafford early 70's. Alan Ball put them up early on then we had a goal
disallowed(think it was Cally). Still 1-0 at half time and we are talking about how we can come back and one bloke looks shocked when he heard us as he came past. "It's 1-1 isn't it?" he says with ashen face. He had been jumping up and down and celebrating the equaliser that much that he didn't notice it being disallowed. A scoreboard may have helped him :)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2017, 02:16:30 pm »
I remember the F.A Cup semi-final against Everton at Old Trafford early 70's. Alan Ball put them up early on then we had a goal
disallowed(think it was Cally). Still 1-0 at half time and we are talking about how we can come back and one bloke looks shocked when he heard us as he came past. "It's 1-1 isn't it?" he says with ashen face. He had been jumping up and down and celebrating the equaliser that much that he didn't notice it being disallowed. A scoreboard may have helped him :)
;D
I actually have a similar story.
In 1976 we played Barcelona in the UEFA Cup semi-final at Anfield. Phil Thompson put us 1-0 up on 50 minutes, and being right in the middle of the old Spion Kop we celebrated wildly and for some time. Game eventually ends and walking home some lad asks how we got on. I said we won one nil.

It was only after getting home that my dad mentioned getting a draw. It turns out Barcelona had actually equalised in the 52nd minute while we were still celebrating and the game actually ended 1-1.  :o
So yes, we could have done with a scoreboard that night.

On a sidenote, I'll never forget Barca coming onto the pitch to look around before the game. Long before kickoff the Spion Kop was heaving and seething. As they came towards us the entire Kop sang " Barcelona, Barcelona, there's fuck all down for you"... They looked like they were shitting it, Johan Cruyff and all. We saw some amazing things back then. I feel privileged to have been present. Those really were the days...
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.