Author Topic: 3,2,1 And You're Back in the Room - Olympique Lyonnais - July Wed 31st 18:00  (Read 145906 times)

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Brewster is just a natural goalscorer, always knows where to be. 

Larouci has been very impressive. Everyone played well, great to see Oxlade-Chamberlain and Lallana looking so sharp. 

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I'd agree about Kent, but Wilson? I think he has always shown great game intelligence. It's different for different roles.

Different players for different... Needs.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
If you wanna know why rhian brewster is spoke about like foden and Sancho that's why. Yes its Tranmere but the kid's game intelligence is far beyond his years and puts Wilson and Kent to shame to be honest in that regard.

Wonderful showing but wouldn't go that far, think Wilsons awareness and game intellegence was just as good. Allowed us to retain possesion in a number of situations where you would give little chance of a player doing so. Obviously he's older but still, reading the game exceptionally well much like Brewster is

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Just seems so easy and natural for Rhian, that's what's always stood out for me.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It's going to be really interesting to see how Bobby Duncan and Glantzen do in the second half, really excited when I heard they'd received the call up. After last year's performances I am really buzzing.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
For his size, he doesn’t halve hold the ball up well. He just looks a natural.

He's 5'11" :D He's big enough :)

Although Keegan was about 4 foot high and he held the ball up like nobody's business. Same with Kenny.

It's all in the bigness of the arse.
Better looking than Samie.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Like the look of this Brewster fella.

Join the club mate. You’re just another one of Brewster’s Minions.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
Lets hope Brewster lives up to his lofty fee...going to be difficult!
He didn’t cost us millions.
AHA!

Really impressed with Larouci and Brewster.

I was hoping to see Kent take on defenders a bit more

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Wrong. That's all he has, and he'll never make it here because he just shoots from distance

;D ;D ;D

;D

Classy assist as well. There's a player in there if we're arsed about unearthing. Just like Brewster.

Offline Jack Barrels

• Kopite
I was allright with it beforehand, but I'm absolutely sold over Rhian being 3rd striker now. Think I loved the second goal more than the first as he showed that poaching instinct. Great link up-play aswell. What a lad!

Will be interesting seeing Larouci again with less space. They give him the whole left side of the field tbf. Having said that, he looks classy.
Really thought Martin Kelly would make it.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
promising 1st half.

Tranmere are up to League one now so not as bad as they looked in that half.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Wonderful showing but wouldn't go that far, think Wilsons awareness and game intellegence was just as good. Allowed us to retain possesion in a number of situations where you would give little chance of a player doing so. Obviously he's older but still, reading the game exceptionally well much like Brewster is

Absolutely. Some of Wilson's one-touch play was exquisite, but no doubt will be played down by some as usual.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
If you wanna know why rhian brewster is spoke about like foden and Sancho that's why. Yes its Tranmere but the kid's game intelligence is far beyond his years and puts Wilson and Kent to shame to be honest in that regard.

The way Wilson broke in the first half was one of the highlights for me, he and Brewster and are very different players I think he did fine first half.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
Meant in the grander scheme, Milner assists ;)

Death
Taxes
Milner Assists

/

Great to watch that first half, some great young talents we've got and how good is it to see Ox back seemingly retaining that burst of acceleration in the centre of the park

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I was allright with it beforehand, but I'm absolutely sold over Rhian being 3rd striker now. Think I loved the second goal more than the first as he showed that poaching instinct. Great link up-play aswell. What a lad!

Will be interesting seeing Larouci again with less space. They give him the whole left side of the field tbf. Having said that, he looks classy.

Yeah hes had alot of space but saying that there is times when Robertson has acres too and teams are well aware of his quality. So I think its credit to how quick we move the ball at times and the wide players coming narrow etc

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Always liked Harry Wilson and there is far more to his game than long-range goals.

He could be very valuable to us, very intelligent on and off the ball, creative, links play and is a threat on either side of a front three and behind a striker.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Excited to see more of Brewster and Wilson in the future friendlies.

Weird seeing Ox in #15,keep thinking it's Dani

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
Really? He looks tiny.

Maybe it’s being next to brick shithouses, from the lower leagues.
AHA!

Offline HelterSkelter

• Kopite
Lovely 2nd from Brewster. As soon as soon as he knew what Milly was gonna do he was off. Predator!!

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
Everyone played well but Brewster and Larouci stand outs for me.

You can kind of see why we don’t want to spend money on another attacking forward looking at Brewster in just one half. I know it’s only Tranmere but the guy has bags of talent.
YWNA

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan

Although Keegan was about 4 foot high and he held the ball up like nobody's business. Same with Kenny.

It's all in the bigness of the arse.

No one had a bigger arse than King Kenny.  ;D

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
Sharp first half. Nice to not see any panic here. Divock next 👍🧣
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
Absolutely. Some of Wilson's one-touch play was exquisite, but no doubt will be played down by some as usual.

Think his game intellegence is his most underrated attribute. He plays between the lines brilliantly and seems to know how to drift off the back of his marker and constantly find little pockets of space. People focus on the goals and set pieces but he makes up for not being the quickest (although he's no slouch) by moving into the right positions and letting the ball do the work. Honestly think the lads a special talent, its a nightmare for the opposition when you've got a player who can find space to drop into without you noticing, pick a pass but also has the ability to find the top corner from 30 yards if you afford him too much space

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Larourci is not just doing mad galloping is he? He has defensive nous too. Fantastic talent.

And Lallana. My God! When he is on the ball, it's heavenly. If he is fit, if only he remains fit. Not that we're dependent on him or anything. It's just that it's great to watch him on the ball that has always made me wish to see more of him.

As for Brewster, people have called for him to play from wide, but his biggest pluses are his awareness and composure in the box. It's clear where his strengths lie.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The way Wilson broke in the first half was one of the highlights for me, he and Brewster and are very different players I think he did fine first half.

I didn't say Wilson didn't do well but Brewsters game intelligence for me appears far higher. Never takes longer than he needs, movement in space. Wilson has had a whole year at derby and obviously thats stood him in good stead but Brewster is much mkre raw in comparison yet to me looks like the player who's had more games under his belt.

Like I said its Tranmere and everything

Online richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I've run out of superlatives for Milner. The tone he sets in every situation just lifts everyone around him to a different level. First game of pre-season and it's like his life depends on it

Massively impressed with that whole team really. Excellent start to things.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
Different players for different... Needs.

Now the world don't move
to the beat of just one drum
What might be right for Kent
Might not be right for Rhian

A man is born,
with James Milner's feet
Then along comes Klopp
Now he's hot Milner's lungs

It takes Diffr'nt Strokes to rule the world
it takes Mo, it takes  -
Diffr'nt Strokes to rule the world

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
Larouci seems extremely talented, but also quite raw. There's a very good player in there, and being only 18 there's plenty of time to polish out the flaws.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Sharp first half. Nice to not see any panic here. Divock next 👍🧣

Also Duncan and Glatzel  they did brilliantly last year, made up they are getting a chance now.

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
Impressed with all of them.

Brewster looks a real poacher doesn’t he.
YNWA - JFT97

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
Really? He looks tiny.

Don't you mean "shit brickhouses"? :D

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Decent run out so far. Be nice to change it up in the second half, interesting to see if Tranmere do and what quality they have, because we should be able to hit another few goals here. Most looked sharp in the first half and we got a couple of nice performances, Brewster's instinctive goals will give him confidence. Would love to see him get minutes in America against improved opposition. Now for the likes of Duncan and Glatzel to impress hopefully.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Excited to see more of Brewster and Wilson in the future friendlies.

Weird seeing Ox in #15,keep thinking it's Dani

This happened to me as well. Suddenly there was a close up shot and then I came to my senses.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Really? He looks tiny.

Brewster?

I always thought he looked very small, but I was surprised to see him today, looks like he's had a massive growth spurt  :D 

5' 11" sounds about right, he looks lean and tall now, rather than the smaller stockier forward I seemed to be imagining for some reason.

Online Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Really? He looks tiny.

Think it's that massive grock of a centre half they have. Brewster barely comes up to his belly button.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
I didn't say Wilson didn't do well but Brewsters game intelligence for me appears far higher. Never takes longer than he needs, movement in space. Wilson has had a whole year at derby and obviously thats stood him in good stead but Brewster is much mkre raw in comparison yet to me looks like the player who's had more games under his belt.

Like I said its Tranmere and everything

I've been shouting the odds about Brewster for a while, so I know how good he is now and how even better he could become. He is a very exciting talent, but I really like Wilson too. But they are very different players. He is quite small Harry, but he has a good instinct for a break which he showed in the first half. I think there is more to come from Harry even now. Now, lets see how some of the others do second half. I'm looking out for Adam Lewis here, would be great if he could show his talent and break into the first team squad properly.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 08:33:04 pm by jillc »

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Captain Big Div  8) 8)

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan

Larouci needs to get more comfortable going outside fulbacks, with and without the ball. Prefers cutting inside which limits him as he's very one footed. Has the raw talent to make it as fullback at a decent level though, was the right move to push him back there last season for the u18s.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

It's going to be really interesting to see how Bobby Duncan and Glantzen do in the second half, really excited when I heard they'd received the call up. After last year's performances I am really buzzing.
There's quite a few interesting options coming through the ranks now Jill. 

Adam Lewis, Jones, Ben and I quite like George Johnstone too.

I've been looking forward to this pre season just to see how they get on.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Venton

• Main Stander

Wilson's setting his stall out pretty well today, looking good so far.