Author Topic: Andy Carroll  (Read 113539 times)

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
Re: Andy Carroll
« Reply #720 on: April 9, 2019, 02:13:28 pm »
I remember on the eve of Dalglish's first pre season when returned as full time as manager and Carroll was at Glastonbury on TV looking worse for wear.

When he was at Newcastle they were a few articles about him out drinking, he had to move in with Kevin Nolan at one point so the club could curb his nights out.

Jack Wilshere is another one who never looked after his body, and it's no suprise to see them both be the poster boys in England of when you burn the candle at both ends drinking and partying in your late teens early 20's when you're a professional footballer.

This is the picture from Glastonbury 2011 days before pre season started

I too believe this. Obviously that might not be related to things like a chronic ankle problem BUT if you look after your body it will go far, I know 99% of people hate him but Ronaldo is methodical about his body care, recovery, what he eats and zero alcohol - I think it makes a difference, alcohol does have many negative properties after all and it "ages" you

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #721 on: April 9, 2019, 02:25:20 pm »
The FA cup final against Chelsea when he came on he turned the game, we were deservedly 2 down but he nearly pulled it back. left John terry on his arse for a well taken goal and then had a header that was about 1mm from going over the line for an equalizer

He should of started that game

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #722 on: April 9, 2019, 02:28:09 pm »
Might be better off trying to find something in America. Even Fabio Capello had a go at him for drinking too much.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #723 on: April 9, 2019, 02:28:50 pm »
Who on earth will touch him now?? Another season ending injury and he’s out of contract in the summer. Over 30 now and staggeringly has barely played just over 250 games in his entire career! Such a shame and don’t think he ever helped himself either looking after his body
fulham sell mitrovic and replace him with carroll

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #724 on: April 10, 2019, 09:36:36 am »
As with Hodgson, given a choice, I do not want Liverpool FC to be associated with Andy Carroll. I felt like killing myself when I heard that signed him to replace Nando. There was a deep sense of hopelessness.

Never again ...
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #725 on: April 10, 2019, 05:10:24 pm »
As with Hodgson, given a choice, I do not want Liverpool FC to be associated with Andy Carroll. I felt like killing myself when I heard that signed him to replace Nando. There was a deep sense of hopelessness.

Never again ...

Just a shit signing, nothing wrong with him as a person. Hodgsons a c*nt.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #726 on: August 8, 2019, 12:28:31 pm »
Looks like he's heading back to Newcastle on a free.  I bet he wishes he never left them in the first place.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #727 on: August 8, 2019, 03:36:10 pm »
Looks like he's heading back to Newcastle on a free.  I bet he wishes he never left them in the first place.

Besides some sentimentality, I don't see what use they'd have of his current iteration. I'd wager he'd be better off going to some bottom team in the Championship or top League One side at this rate given how his body's finished and nowadays he has the same acceleration as an oil tanker when turning. Originally I wrote Gateshead since that's his hometown, but I thought National North would be a bit too low a level even for a crocked striker with no legs given he'd just outjump everyone  ;D He could probably do a job in the SPL where the likes of Kris Boyd have scored a bunch but for the Premier League he's frankly not up for it anymore. It's a terrible shame that his career never worked out as it should, we were all quite excited to see what he could do when he came here.
« Last Edit: August 8, 2019, 03:39:23 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #728 on: August 8, 2019, 03:38:15 pm »
Besides some sentimentality, I don't see what use they'd have of his current iteration. I'd wager he'd be better off going to Gateshead at this rate given how his body's finished and nowadays he has the same acceleration as an oil tanker when turning. He could probably do a job in the SPL where the likes of Kris Boyd have scored a bunch but for the Premier League he's frankly not up for it anymore. It's a terrible shame that his career never worked out as it should, we were all quite excited to see what he could do when he came here.
nowadays? he was like that all the time

i dont think we were too excited, we were all kinda going "what the fuck?"

he was an average player who didnt look after himself well enough, mind you the odd game he was on it he was good  (Fa cup final 2012 for instancE)
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #729 on: August 8, 2019, 03:40:42 pm »
nowadays? he was like that all the time

i dont think we were too excited, we were all kinda going "what the fuck?"

he was an average player who didnt look after himself well enough, mind you the odd game he was on it he was good  (Fa cup final 2012 for instancE)

The prize = WTF

The player = 11 goals in the Premier League that autumn and was 21 at the time, I for one was hopeful that he'd develop further and don't forget he sank Man City during his first spring and looked a beast in that game. I thought he might become a deluxe version of Crouchy and become a reliable 15-20 goals per season player at the time. It was always clear Luis was the big signing that window from the get-go anyway.

He used to be moderate in pace, nothing like what he is now. Probably 12 or so on a 0-20 scale that FM uses, although he was a bit slower off the blocks. Now he'd be like 7 or something like that.
« Last Edit: August 8, 2019, 03:43:38 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #730 on: August 8, 2019, 03:44:38 pm »
The prize = WTF

The player = 11 goals in the Premier League that autumn and was 21 at the time, I for one was hopeful that he'd develop further and don't forget he sank Man City during his first spring and looked a beast in that game.

He used to be moderate in pace, nothing like what he is now. Probably 12 or so on a 0-20 scale that FM uses, although he was a bit slower off the blocks. Now he'd be like 7 or something like that.
the first line i have no idea what that means

i hoped he developed further but it smacked of desperation signing him. and we all knew it was well over the odds

his pace was always dreadful mate, maybe it did get worse but even giving it 12/20 is generous.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #731 on: August 8, 2019, 03:48:02 pm »
the first line i have no idea what that means

i hoped he developed further but it smacked of desperation signing him. and we all knew it was well over the odds

his pace was always dreadful mate, maybe it did get worse but even giving it 12/20 is generous.

WTF = what the fuck  ;D

I'd say 10/12 acceleration/pace when he came here, but throughout his injuries even the little pace he had vanished. If you look at the goal he scored versus Valencia in pre-season at Anfield, it wasn't that bad:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xrfdSHLOoe0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xrfdSHLOoe0</a>
Linudden.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #732 on: August 8, 2019, 03:50:13 pm »
Assume that’s Spanish, don’t understand any of it....but Konchesky in another languages doesn’t sound any better  :(
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #733 on: August 8, 2019, 03:51:54 pm »
Assume that’s Spanish, don’t understand any of it....but Konchesky in another languages doesn’t sound any better  :(

That's Jay Spearing mate. Also that's Arabic  ;D
Linudden.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #734 on: August 8, 2019, 03:54:31 pm »
That's Jay Spearing mate. Also that's Arabic  ;D

Lol well after four seconds a word that sounds like Konchesky. That’s even worse if there’s a word for Konchesky and a separate one that sounds like it!

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #735 on: August 8, 2019, 03:54:46 pm »
we were all quite excited to see what he could do when he came here.

Some were. Some knew it was a crap signing from the off.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #736 on: August 8, 2019, 03:58:27 pm »
Lol well after four seconds a word that sounds like Konchesky. That’s even worse if there’s a word for Konchesky and a separate one that sounds like it!

Pretty sure, he'd left before then for Leicester. I need to check.

Yeah, Spearing started and Konchesky wasn't there:

https://www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/FriendlyGame/9323
Linudden.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #737 on: August 8, 2019, 04:00:37 pm »
WTF = what the fuck  ;D

erm i do know what that means but what you said was "The prize = WTF"

it doesnt make sense

i accept he had his moments but i think we all agree he was bang average

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #738 on: August 8, 2019, 05:44:59 pm »
erm i do know what that means but what you said was "The prize = WTF"

it doesnt make sense

i accept he had his moments but i think we all agree he was bang average

Foreigner typo, "price".

Sorry. In Swedish "pris" are spelled the same for both meanings.

8)
« Last Edit: August 8, 2019, 06:02:38 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #739 on: August 9, 2019, 09:50:53 am »
'We hope to get a glimpse of the unplayable Liverpool version of Andy'

More on Andy Carroll: “He does not have anything to prove as a footballer.

"When he got the move to Liverpool he was unplayable. We hope to get a few glimpses of that. "

???  :o  ::)
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #740 on: August 9, 2019, 09:56:12 am »
Foreigner typo, "price".

Sorry. In Swedish "pris" are spelled the same for both meanings.

8)
ah that makes sense now :wave

"When he got the move to Liverpool he was unplayable. We hope to get a few glimpses of that. "

haha who said that

unplayable yes, but that depends on interpretation of it. Mine would be unplayable as he was fucking brutal

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #741 on: August 9, 2019, 09:57:42 am »
ah that makes sense now :wave
haha who said that

unplayable yes, but that depends on interpretation of it. Mine would be unplayable as he was fucking brutal

Steve Bruce

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #742 on: August 9, 2019, 10:04:10 am »
Steve Bruce
for a head his size you would think there was a brain in there

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #743 on: August 9, 2019, 10:04:20 am »
I liked the guy and hoped he'd do well for us, but he was never worth £35m.  Newcastle rinsed us for the Torres money cos they knew we were desperate and Carroll was enjoying a purple patch.

Mind boggling how he was our most expensive player.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #744 on: August 9, 2019, 10:05:50 am »
Newcastle rinsed us for the Torres money cos they knew we were desperate and Carroll was enjoying a purple patch.

Then came to us and decided to spend his time on the halfway line playing with his hair.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #745 on: August 9, 2019, 10:22:15 am »
I liked the guy and hoped he'd do well for us, but he was never worth £35m.  Newcastle rinsed us for the Torres money cos they knew we were desperate and Carroll was enjoying a purple patch.

Mind boggling how he was our most expensive player.

when Hodgson was manager i saw some snippet in a paper over Christmas linking Carroll with a 10m move to us. Even at that i was thinking it wouldnt be a great deal

Im sure too there was a thread back in the day "why andy carroll is worth every penny"

D'OH

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #746 on: August 9, 2019, 11:11:37 am »

As in we couldn’t play him?

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #747 on: August 9, 2019, 04:01:02 pm »
Lets be honest we paid stupid money for the lad, who looked promising at Newcastle we put a great burdon on him to justify this stupid price, and he could not do that, and people in here and elsewhere used him as a stick to beat the owners with, this was not his fault he was what he is a half decent striker on his day.

In hindsight it would have been better for him and for us for him to stay at Newcastle and develop his skills with them.

So given all that i felt really glad to see him back where he belongs and i hope it works out for him just not against us though.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #748 on: August 9, 2019, 06:24:21 pm »
Lets be honest we paid stupid money for the lad, who looked promising at Newcastle we put a great burdon on him to justify this stupid price, and he could not do that, and people in here and elsewhere used him as a stick to beat the owners with, this was not his fault he was what he is a half decent striker on his day.

In hindsight it would have been better for him and for us for him to stay at Newcastle and develop his skills with them.

So given all that i felt really glad to see him back where he belongs and i hope it works out for him just not against us though.

The only thing developing staying at Newcastle was his gut. If he couldn't adapt to prioritise looking after himself, his career and his team when he was with us there's no way he'd have done that at Newcastle.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #749 on: August 10, 2019, 12:21:29 am »
for a head his size you would think there was a brain in there

Its all air.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #750 on: August 10, 2019, 12:23:26 am »

One of Kenny's biggest mistake. He really thought he's the next Shearer.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #751 on: August 11, 2019, 07:57:13 pm »
One of Kenny's biggest mistake. He really thought he's the next Shearer.
Ended up with Harry, not Alan.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #752 on: August 11, 2019, 08:14:56 pm »
I still remember when he absolutely destroyed us.

Echo others in wondering the player that could of been if he took his health and training more seriously.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #753 on: August 16, 2019, 12:05:55 am »

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #754 on: August 16, 2019, 12:45:24 am »

Let's be honest, he was/is arguably the best header-er of the ball in the league.
He just needed/needs two world-class wingers on either side of the pitch to supply him with world-class crosses.

We bought Stewart Downing and [i've forgotten who else..]

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #755 on: August 16, 2019, 10:16:51 am »
Let's be honest, he was/is arguably the best header-er of the ball in the league.
He just needed/needs two world-class wingers on either side of the pitch to supply him with world-class crosses.

We bought Stewart Downing and [i've forgotten who else..]

Henderson & Adam.

...and where are any of those now  :duh

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
« Reply #756 on: August 16, 2019, 01:07:21 pm »
Henderson & Adam.

...and where are any of those now  :duh

I assume Adam is locked in Fordy's basement surrounding by totems and religious artefacts celebrating his left foot

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #757 on: August 16, 2019, 11:13:26 pm »
The lad could play but was incapable of staying fit and also liked a pint. Shame really. He’ll do fuck all at Newcastle this time around. Give it 3 seasons and he’ll be retired having scored about 10 more goals than he has now.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #758 on: August 17, 2019, 12:07:58 pm »
Can never understand why some footballers cant live the life. Plenty of time to let yourself go after you have retired.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #759 on: August 17, 2019, 01:59:52 pm »
Can never understand why some footballers cant live the life. Plenty of time to let yourself go after you have retired.

because you aren’t 23 when you retire, but yeah just retire at 27 with millions in the bank and go on the piss every day