Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1886467 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Naby Keita Watch
« Reply #11720 on: November 7, 2021, 08:51:53 pm »
For this side, right now, I think he is. Our whole pressing and intensity goes up a notch whenever he’s on the pitch, that alone would warrant his inclusion, that coupled with his quality on the ball and cutting edge makes him transformative, imo.

Maybe, but his influence hasn’t been long or consistent enough to claim that. But he is a top player and I agree he could be very important.

But he is injured a lot, so yeah, tough shit for us.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #11721 on: November 7, 2021, 08:56:57 pm »
Every time he is injured he becomes the answer to all our issues.

Although that’s probably true for most injured players 😂

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #11722 on: November 8, 2021, 11:03:45 am »
For this side, right now, I think he is. Our whole pressing and intensity goes up a notch whenever he’s on the pitch, that alone would warrant his inclusion, that coupled with his quality on the ball and cutting edge makes him transformative, imo.

Yeah agree - but also Elliott did the same thing .. having them both out at the same time is a real blow - we're set up to have a high pressing 8 and we don't have one

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #11723 on: November 8, 2021, 05:05:54 pm »
We need Keita and Milner back. Hopefully, both players had grade 1 hamstring tears and are back after the international break.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11724 on: November 8, 2021, 07:35:36 pm »
Every time he is injured he becomes the answer to all our issues.

Although that’s probably true for most injured players 😂

So, prior to the 3-3 against brighton, where he started but went off well before the concession of the 3 goals, in Keita's last 16 starts we had scored 51 goals and conceeded 8.  To me that suggests we are a much better side with him in the team, but offensively and defensively - it's just his injury record.  But Thiago's much longer, and more consistent, injury problems haven't stopped most of this forum from the day we bought him from claiming he was the answers to our MF woes creatively, so I think it a little unfair to pick out only Naby as being prone to that

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #11725 on: November 8, 2021, 07:41:26 pm »

So, prior to the 3-3 against brighton, where he started but went off well before the concession of the 3 goals, in Keita's last 16 starts we had scored 51 goals and conceeded 8.  To me that suggests we are a much better side with him in the team, but offensively and defensively - it's just his injury record.  But Thiago's much longer, and more consistent, injury problems haven't stopped most of this forum from the day we bought him from claiming he was the answers to our MF woes creatively, so I think it a little unfair to pick out only Naby as being prone to that

Yep. Thiago has been just as unreliable and boy, do we need him now more than ever. He's been average thus far on his comeback but he's always slow to get back to full fitness
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11726 on: December 16, 2021, 10:10:51 pm »
Good to have him back, he adds something we don't really get from our other midfielders. Thought him coming on improved us a lot.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11727 on: December 16, 2021, 10:11:21 pm »
Took over when he come on, would be awesome to see him and Thiago start together.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11728 on: December 16, 2021, 10:12:35 pm »
Ox can struggle against low blocks, he needs space to drive into and when he doesn’t get it it’s not clear what he offers. Keita is happier in tight areas. Good to have him back this evening.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11729 on: December 16, 2021, 10:23:34 pm »
We played better 2nd half when he came on, the passing and movement was much quicker and Newcastle struggled.

I hope he starts against Spurs.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #11730 on: December 16, 2021, 10:29:08 pm »
His dynamism is incredible; when he gets the ball and suddenly feints and springs forward like he's wearing seven league boots
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11731 on: December 16, 2021, 10:34:13 pm »
Excellent when he came on, we completely regained control of the midfield after struggling for the first part of the second half..
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11732 on: December 17, 2021, 09:07:58 am »
Glad he is back. He came on and played well. I personally think Keita has played well all season.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11733 on: December 17, 2021, 09:09:20 am »
Took over when he come on, would be awesome to see him and Thiago start together.

It's interesting we lost control when Keita went off in the Brighton game and regained control when Keita came on in the Newcastle game.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11734 on: December 17, 2021, 09:17:00 am »
If Fabi is unavailable, I'd like it if we played Hendo, Keita and Thiago against Spurs.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11735 on: December 17, 2021, 09:18:53 am »
If Fabi is unavailable, I'd like it if we played Hendo, Keita and Thiago against Spurs.

Kloop may want to ease Keita back after a hamstring injury. I think it will be Milner, Thiago, and Henderson (if the game goes ahead at all).

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11736 on: December 17, 2021, 09:45:36 am »
Kloop may want to ease Keita back after a hamstring injury. I think it will be Milner, Thiago, and Henderson (if the game goes ahead at all).

Augustus Kloop ?  ;D

I think Keita will be eased back but it also depends on this COVID situation as well.  I'd have thought we go pretty strong in all our league games and rest a few players in cup games. Hence, pretty strong team to face Spurs and then quite a few changes against Leicester in the EFL cup. Could easily play a midfield of Tyler, Naby and Milner in the game for instance

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11737 on: December 17, 2021, 09:55:58 am »
He was absolutely sensational when he came on imo. Probably the best 20 mins or so I've seen him have for us.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11738 on: December 17, 2021, 10:15:31 am »
He was absolutely sensational when he came on imo. Probably the best 20 mins or so I've seen him have for us.

He was great. Looked really sharp. My favourite moment was when he got involved with a strong physical challenge and it was the Newcastle player who ended up on the deck, not him. I really worry when I see him in those kind of moments, because you just dread him pulling up lame. But he seemed to just shrug it off. Brilliant.

Hopefully there has been a lot of work going on behind the scenes to make him more resilient. Would be wonderful to see him getting an extended run of fitness.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11739 on: December 17, 2021, 10:24:59 am »

Best game I've seem him have for us is the Mancs away this season, he was really good last night though. Just stay fit Naby ffs.

Online Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11740 on: December 17, 2021, 10:25:39 am »
Really does add something a little different to our midfield. So calm in tight spaces and has the ability to turn on a sixpence and play a cute pass to open up the play.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11741 on: December 17, 2021, 10:39:53 am »
Love the through balls and the little shimmy and change of pace to create some space for himself. No thunder bastard though so 9/10 must try harder.  :D
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #11742 on: December 17, 2021, 12:45:57 pm »
Not aimed at you in particular, people seem to say something similar to his after every game he plays. It just seems like he's underestimated by many, who are then surprised at what they see from him. And who then forget again before his next game. Rinse and repeat.
Basicallly he's a great player
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #11743 on: December 17, 2021, 12:47:37 pm »

Augustus Kloop?

edit: damn it, Mrantarctica... ;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #11744 on: December 17, 2021, 12:54:47 pm »
Hopefully there has been a lot of work going on behind the scenes to make him more resilient. Would be wonderful to see him getting an extended run of fitness.

You'd hope... in his defence starting him a few days after he was stretchered off probably wasn't the best idea.
He was fit for a decent chunk of time before that so hopefully he can stay that way - he's in our strongest XI imo

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #11745 on: December 17, 2021, 04:12:17 pm »

That wasn't my impression when I read this, although you're certainly not alone in posting it. It made me look again at the last 20 minutes.

He was certainly trying things and being positive. But he practically lost the ball every time he had it. There were a couple of long range shots in there, which is what we like to see. But neither was much good. They certainly weren't "sensational". His dribbles and one-twos, without exception, also came to nothing. And although he pressed enthusiastically he wasn't able to nick the ball or even disrupt Newcastle's progression.

The lad was sensational against Manchester U, but last night? I don't think so.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11746 on: December 17, 2021, 04:47:56 pm »
That wasn't my impression when I read this, although you're certainly not alone in posting it. It made me look again at the last 20 minutes.

He was certainly trying things and being positive. But he practically lost the ball every time he had it. There were a couple of long range shots in there, which is what we like to see. But neither was much good. They certainly weren't "sensational". His dribbles and one-twos, without exception, also came to nothing. And although he pressed enthusiastically he wasn't able to nick the ball or even disrupt Newcastle's progression.

The lad was sensational against Manchester U, but last night? I don't think so.

He looked more powerful and direct.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #11747 on: December 17, 2021, 05:59:02 pm »
He looked more powerful and direct.

He certainly looked like he wanted to try things (as did Oxlade Chamberlain). He did also look more muscular, which was interesting.

But if anyone can be bothered to look again in full at his contribution I'd be amazed if they still concluded that he was successful in what he tried to do, let alone "absolutely sensational."
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11748 on: December 19, 2021, 07:14:55 pm »
Rolled around on the deck today after a slight tap on the head after getting carried off with a bruise earlier in the season. Not a Liverpool player and Shit out just before their goal, Big let down..

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #11749 on: December 19, 2021, 07:16:48 pm »
All the weirdos are out tonight. It's like weirdo Christmas when we lose points

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11750 on: December 19, 2021, 07:20:00 pm »
Rolled around on the deck today after a slight tap on the head after getting carried off with a bruise earlier in the season. Not a Liverpool player and Shit out just before their goal, Big let down..

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #11751 on: December 19, 2021, 07:24:04 pm »
I liked what I saw from Naby today, he was creative and caused them problems. He underhit a few passes, but the rust will fall off with game time.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11752 on: December 19, 2021, 07:27:38 pm »
Fill him full of horse placenta and stem cells to keep him healthy and he'll be some player for us
Football is a lie

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11753 on: December 19, 2021, 07:32:12 pm »
All the weirdos are out tonight. It's like weirdo Christmas when we lose points

Did you miss the triple roll after the slightest of knocks, Shanks would of well chased him..

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11754 on: December 19, 2021, 07:39:25 pm »
Did you miss the triple roll after the slightest of knocks, Shanks would of well chased him..

So?

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11755 on: December 19, 2021, 07:41:31 pm »

If you rewatch it though, it wasn't a tap, he was hit with a forearm

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11756 on: December 19, 2021, 08:03:21 pm »
If you rewatch it though, it wasn't a tap, he was hit with a forearm

Gerry Byrne played 87 minutes and then another 30 minutes extra time with a broken collar bone in the 65 final. Keita needs to to watch the match tomorrow morning and realize how lucky he is and he doesn't know he is born..

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #11757 on: December 19, 2021, 08:06:21 pm »
Dave Whelan once broke his leg in an FA Cup final.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11758 on: December 19, 2021, 08:19:54 pm »
Gerry Byrne played 87 minutes and then another 30 minutes extra time with a broken collar bone in the 65 final. Keita needs to to watch the match tomorrow morning and realize how lucky he is and he doesn't know he is born..

I've played 80 minutes with a broken ankle and scored, it means fuck all in the grand scheme of things. Going by your reckoning the entire team at Liverpool deserves slating because they all go down with reactions disproportionate to the challenges they've got sometimes, you could talk about Gerry Byrne after each and every one of those but i'm sure you dont!! Every single team in football does it. It makes no difference to getting hit in the face :lmao which he did. He could have not gone down to be honest, but the way their players were getting away with 90% of their dirty play, I dont blame Naby

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11759 on: December 19, 2021, 08:28:41 pm »
Well done on your goal, ignore me I am just old..