Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1888444 times)

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Naby Keita Watch
« Reply #11560 on: October 25, 2021, 10:06:58 am »
Absolutely brilliant yesterday and then that walking haircut injures him. Typical.

Utd and Everton players simply go out to injure our players. Needs calling out.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11561 on: October 25, 2021, 10:35:48 am »
Leg breaker if Keita's leg was planted. Coward's challenge.

That dickhead just wanted to get sent off and get his manager sacked and obviously didn't care that he put the welfare of a fellow player to achieve that. Prick.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11562 on: October 25, 2021, 10:36:33 am »
I wasn't that impressed with him against Atletico but he was everywhere yesterday, brilliant performance, shame that useless prick had to injure him like that

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #11563 on: October 25, 2021, 11:00:30 am »
Finally seeing some real quality from Naby. Fingers crossed this is just a bruise. I don't want to talk about the haircut-sporting dickhead.

Get Keita back in again, he seems to improve players around him and a had a real contribution to make.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11564 on: October 25, 2021, 11:35:51 am »
I've been one of those who's been critical of him recently, and not without justification either. But yesterday he contributed fully to what was as glorious a day as you'll get, so massive respect to him for that. Hope his recovery is quick.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #11565 on: October 25, 2021, 11:44:02 am »
The stretcher worries me but hopefully we get a bit of luck with the injury.

He’s clearly class.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #11566 on: October 25, 2021, 11:54:39 am »
Thought he played brilliantly.  If he can maintain fitness, i would have him in my first choice midfield alongside Fab and Hendo, even when everyone is fit.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11567 on: October 25, 2021, 11:56:53 am »
Hmmm - where is G A R Y?

H I D I N G ? ? ?

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #11568 on: October 25, 2021, 12:09:14 pm »
That Manc bastard Taylor only gave him a yellow card for that as well before VAR interfered

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11569 on: October 25, 2021, 12:22:51 pm »
Some really small-time people following the game on BBC Sport yesterday.  1,226 people liked the update about Keita being taken off on a stretcher!

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #11570 on: October 25, 2021, 12:31:20 pm »
That Manc bastard Taylor only gave him a yellow card for that as well before VAR interfered

If only VAR was around when Kompany went flying into Mo's shin the title decider with City (2-1 away loss).

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #11571 on: October 25, 2021, 12:34:50 pm »
Leg breaker if Keita's leg was planted. Coward's challenge.

That was my reaction when I saw the slow motion. Very very lucky that Keita’s foot wasn’t planted.

You can be frustrated as a footballer, go have a word with yourself or something but to do this is out of line. Same with that over the hill Ronaldo’s kick on Jones.

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #11572 on: October 25, 2021, 01:02:33 pm »
I had no worries about him yesterday. Very easy to say after the fact I know but against United with his style he was always gonna be a problem for them. In certain games like that against a laborious (and badly coached) midfield he's in his absolute element. Against tougher, more drilled opponents he's got questions to ask but he was fantastic yesterday. A proper little terrier but with composure in the right moments.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #11573 on: October 25, 2021, 01:26:36 pm »
Thought he was great yesterday. Best I think he has been for us. I am not one for formations etc but it feels to me if he is placed as the attacking midfielder so not as responsible for covering the gaps then his defensive frailties would be less obvious.  Surely it's better if Fabinho and Henderson (or whoever) cover the gaps left by fullbacks and leave Naby to attacking.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11574 on: October 25, 2021, 01:27:35 pm »
I liked that he was putting himself about much more yesterday.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11575 on: October 25, 2021, 01:33:48 pm »
Exceptional performance and hoping his injury isn't too bad, the lad deserves a bit of luck

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11576 on: October 25, 2021, 01:35:35 pm »
Thought he was great yesterday. Best I think he has been for us. I am not one for formations etc but it feels to me if he is placed as the attacking midfielder so not as responsible for covering the gaps then his defensive frailties would be less obvious.  Surely it's better if Fabinho and Henderson (or whoever) cover the gaps left by fullbacks and leave Naby to attacking.

I agree with this - he looked as if he was scapegoated by Klopp Wednesday who was trying to rest Fabinho and thus keep Milner on. Milner playing (who doesn’t like playing in tight spaces and vacates midfield) makes it tough for Keita to not look exposed against good opposition.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11577 on: October 25, 2021, 01:46:51 pm »
I'm cautiously optimistic it will just be heavy bruising. At least it looked like nothing bent badly - fingers crossed.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11578 on: October 25, 2021, 01:48:55 pm »
Pray it's just a knock. Regardless of the naysayers when everyone's heads went against Atletico, Naby has been a key player in the last couple of weeks.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #11579 on: October 25, 2021, 01:54:25 pm »

Feliz Naby Lad!

Offline Ipcress

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #11580 on: October 25, 2021, 02:14:08 pm »

Feliz Naby Lad!

It's looking a lot like Christmas...
The sort of people that seek power, are exactly the sort that should be kept away from it.

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11581 on: October 25, 2021, 02:18:35 pm »
I'll admit i've been critical of him and i want to see more from him on a consistent basis but he was fantastic yesterday before the assault from the show pony. Very optimistic it's not a break as no splint on the stretcher when taken off and travelled back on the team bus and not to the hospital in an ambulance.

On a side note it seems to a common theme the last couple of seasons that opposition players are assaulting our lads and putting them out of action for extended periods. The FA need to clamp down on clear and obvious attempts to injure players like that and make an example of Pogba in this case. 3 games is of no use and something like a 10 game ban would make these guys think twice before going in like that.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11582 on: October 25, 2021, 02:38:09 pm »
I'll admit i've been critical of him and i want to see more from him on a consistent basis but he was fantastic yesterday before the assault from the show pony. Very optimistic it's not a break as no splint on the stretcher when taken off and travelled back on the team bus and not to the hospital in an ambulance.

On a side note it seems to a common theme the last couple of seasons that opposition players are assaulting our lads and putting them out of action for extended periods. The FA need to clamp down on clear and obvious attempts to injure players like that and make an example of Pogba in this case. 3 games is of no use and something like a 10 game ban would make these guys think twice before going in like that.

Funes - Origi
Richarlson - Thiago
Pickford - VVD
Pogba - Keita

Serious injuries inflicted on our players because their team was being well and truly outplayed.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11583 on: October 25, 2021, 02:43:09 pm »
Hmmm - where is G A R Y?

H I D I N G ? ? ?
😂

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11584 on: October 25, 2021, 02:59:01 pm »
Funes - Origi
Richarlson - Thiago
Pickford - VVD
Pogba - Keita

Serious injuries inflicted on our players because their team was being well and truly outplayed.
Pickford's had the worst outcome but I'd be inclined to be generous and put that down to his generally hopeless technique rather than any intent to cause injury.  The other three were all petulant and aggressive from players that know a lot better than to ever go into tackles in the way they did.

Anyway, fingers crossed the stretcher was just us being as cautious as can be in a game that was already over.  Lord knows that Naby's due a bit of luck on that front.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11585 on: October 25, 2021, 03:00:42 pm »
Funes - Origi
Richarlson - Thiago
Pickford - VVD
Pogba - Keita

Elliott too although probably not much intent. Just reckless and badly executed.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11586 on: October 25, 2021, 03:09:13 pm »
Hope Naby is ok.
He was outstanding yesterday, doing it to that bunch too and in their own tatty living-room. Looking forward to much more of the same from him. Skill and joy.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #11587 on: October 25, 2021, 03:14:32 pm »

Agree completely. Tackles like that are worse than Suarez biting. They should review them individually and punish them much more harshly.

Online Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #11588 on: October 25, 2021, 04:01:13 pm »
any news on him yet?
YNWA

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11589 on: October 25, 2021, 04:05:40 pm »
any news on him yet?

I'm sure we'll get news at tomorrow's press conference. Very hopeful.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #11590 on: October 25, 2021, 04:09:47 pm »
any news on him yet?
Still at the wheel… oh Naby you mean?

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #11591 on: October 25, 2021, 04:16:13 pm »
Who was playing as number 8 yesterday and what has he done with the real Naby Keita?

Fair play to him there yesterday, plays like that more often and i'll well and truly have had my eye wiped.

Good to see some of you were worried about me yesterday, unfortunately I have a life and I was away from my computer celebrating a 5-0 win against Man Utd. Unlike some of you bad nerds worrying about my whereabouts whilst on RAWK  ;D

The lad has done well, credit where credit is due. Long may it continue.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 04:23:42 pm by G a r y »

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #11592 on: October 25, 2021, 04:20:45 pm »
Who was playing as number 8 yesterday and what has he done with the real Naby Keita?

Fair play to him there yesterday, plays like that more often and i'll well and truly have had my eye wiped.
G a r y l a d.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11593 on: October 25, 2021, 04:25:28 pm »
Plays on the front foot and with that style of nipping in to nick the ball off of opponents more often than some give him credit for, the stats dont line up with this fact by coincidence. Yesterday was a perfect storm in that they couldnt live with our pressing and Keita was at the centre of it BUT his playstyle was largely similar to what we normally see. He isn’t Fabinho, he isn’t going to be running alongside opposition CMs shoulder to shoulder, sliding in to get the ball going back towards our own goal, that isn’t his game, he plays counterpressing football looking to nip in and steal possession and advance the ball starting our transitions.

He’s not perfect for every match, but he’s a deceptively effective player and the criticism of him is largely centred around injury problems so a poor performance seems framed as 3 for another player. I like Naby, he’s quality and needs a bit of luck, him and Fab in a midfield with us pressing from the front is so deadly and we finally have a significant goal threat from midfield!

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11594 on: October 25, 2021, 05:55:41 pm »
Some really small-time people following the game on BBC Sport yesterday.  1,226 people liked the update about Keita being taken off on a stretcher!

I wouldn't read too much into likes and that. Could be agreeing with reporter of Keitas contribution and the down like for being stretched off.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #11595 on: October 25, 2021, 05:59:31 pm »
No wonder G a r y didn’t post yesterday when he was busy making 1226 BBC accounts
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11596 on: October 25, 2021, 06:04:29 pm »
I saw a stat that said of his last 16 starts for us, we've scored 51 goals and conceeded 8.  Not bad for a player who "can't defend" and is a bit part player

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11597 on: October 25, 2021, 06:16:23 pm »

Good to see some of you were worried about me yesterday, unfortunately I have a life and I was away from my computer celebrating a 5-0 win against Man Utd. Unlike some of you bad nerds worrying about my whereabouts whilst on RAWK  ;D

The lad has done well, credit where credit is due. Long may it continue.

:lmao - the good old "I have a life" carrot.

We were all just laughing at you given your vociferous attack on Naby all week and at all hours - it was puzzling that you disappeared for a day. I don't think anyone really cares about your whereabouts or how your celebrated.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #11598 on: October 25, 2021, 08:34:13 pm »
To be honest I had lost faith in him when he got injured a few weeks ago. He had a good pre season but as we know that sometimes means nothing but his performances have been getting better. Despite the criticism from the atletico game which was over the top as we were undone by a superb goal from Griezman. Klopp showed faith in him and he had some terrible challenges against him against the mancs but again his performance was spot on. Let’s see how he does but he is showing all the right signs and we’re all behind him if he shows us what he is capable of. Let’s hope the injury is just bruising and not too serious.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #11599 on: October 25, 2021, 08:53:46 pm »
Who the fuck is this G a r y twat? Is he for real or just a WUM?

This is him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtm8_fUz_bk
"Ohhh-kayyy"