Author Topic: Premier League suspended until safe to resume  (Read 160776 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: Premier League suspended until 30th April
« Reply #1560 on: March 27, 2020, 03:35:48 pm »
I love how a week ago all the teams were on board with finishing the season regardless. And all of a sudden 1 week on - there is "growing" sentiment to abandon the league on "moral" grounds. The agendas are so so blatant.

:lmao

What is truly immoral is clubs and fans of clubs using a human tragedy of global scale in order to get themselves off the hook for being shite for three quarters of the current season.

All the serial losers are begging for it to be shut down and voided so they get another bite at the cherry. A free bite they do not deserve and, if football is to retain any integrity and credibility, they won't get. 

The agendas are so clear and obvious. So odious, so shameful yet so predictable too.

This crisis will pass at some point. Football, like everyday life, will resume once more.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1561 on: March 27, 2020, 03:38:20 pm »
Get ready to be pulling this up on a regular basis, it would appear some need reminding.
Yep. While the football is off, this kind of nonsense will be churned out time and again by mischief makers with an agenda.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1562 on: March 27, 2020, 04:16:47 pm »
Possibly, although clubs will still need to be televised and sponsored and as there are laws preventing them from excluding bidders just because said bidders exercised their legal rights previously, the likelihood will be that those same broadcasters and sponsors would bid again; and if their bids are the best/highest then money will talk as it has always done.

It is possible that clubs might use this crisis as a break point and elect to change their broadcast strategies, so that, for example, clubs start their own subscription broadcast services, cutting out the middlemen like Sky and BT. Not quite sure they're ready for that yet, though.

I think Amazon has shown that streaming is entirely possible now, and I could easily envisage a deal with Amazon using their network to launch a PL channel or similar.

Whilst I think this is inevitable, it's not going to happen anytime soon imo, but if Sky and co decided to really be twats about things then I imagine it would hasten that decision.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1563 on: March 27, 2020, 04:18:53 pm »
Seriously, when did one person giving their opinion become the basis for an entire article?

Firstly - on The Athletic, it seems to be proclaimed by some as the fucking oracle. I had a membership for a month and some of the stuff on there is genuinely excellent - I think it’s probably worth the subscription. But that doesn’t mean that everything on there is reliable and excellent, I remember there was an article on there about Wijnaldum, and basically the jist was that his contract would expire, and that the club would either keep him on or eventually sell him, but it was spun to read like some insider article when really it’s just stating the fucking obvious.

I’m not even going to comment on the content of the comments other than to say the absolute fucking irony of someone saying that there are things more important than football, whilst at the same time giving an interview to a journo, about football, just sums the whole thing up.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1564 on: March 27, 2020, 04:20:02 pm »
Seriously, when did one person giving their opinion become the basis for an entire article?

Firstly - on The Athletic, it seems to be proclaimed by some as the fucking oracle. I had a membership for a month and some of the stuff on there is genuinely excellent - I think it’s probably worth the subscription. But that doesn’t mean that everything on there is reliable and excellent, I remember there was an article on there about Wijnaldum, and basically the jist was that his contract would expire, and that the club would either keep him on or eventually sell him, but it was spun to read like some insider article when really it’s just stating the fucking obvious.

I’m not even going to comment on the content of the comments other than to say the absolute fucking irony of someone saying that there are things more important than football, whilst at the same time giving an interview to a journo, about football, just sums the whole thing up.

You ain't wrong there.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1565 on: March 27, 2020, 05:08:56 pm »

Firstly - on The Athletic, it seems to be proclaimed by some as the fucking oracle.

Absolutely. Probably because James Pearce works for them now.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1566 on: March 27, 2020, 06:04:45 pm »
Sam Wallace@SamWallaceTel·26m
Premier League, EFL and Professional Footballers’ Assocation say in a joint statement that ‘difficult decisions will have to be taken’ to ‘mitigate economic impact’ of suspension of pro football. No firm plan yet but talks continue

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1567 on: March 27, 2020, 06:19:45 pm »
Premier League, EFL and Professional Footballers’ Assocation say in a joint statement that ‘difficult decisions will have to be taken’ to ‘mitigate economic impact’ of suspension of pro football. No firm plan yet but talks continue
Couldn't be more vague if they tried.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1568 on: March 27, 2020, 06:36:15 pm »
I think Amazon has shown that streaming is entirely possible now, and I could easily envisage a deal with Amazon using their network to launch a PL channel or similar.

Whilst I think this is inevitable, it's not going to happen anytime soon imo, but if Sky and co decided to really be twats about things then I imagine it would hasten that decision.
Would rather we did our own individual tv deals, something FSG mooted in their earlier days they would like to see happen.

We would rake in far more than we get right now from the PL, us and United would be printing money.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1569 on: March 27, 2020, 06:36:48 pm »

It sounds disconcertingly vague.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1570 on: March 27, 2020, 06:50:35 pm »
All ifs and buts, but if this season does get cancelled, I hope our owners move heaven and earth to collapse the Premier League. I don't want the Super League but if these c*nts fuck us over then I hope we do it back - Spurs going bankrupt would be fucking brilliant.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1571 on: March 27, 2020, 06:52:40 pm »

Could just be talking about staff wages.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1572 on: March 27, 2020, 06:57:05 pm »

Yes you could be right. His comment is vague to say the least

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1573 on: March 27, 2020, 07:03:12 pm »

Pointless even saying anything if you have no plan and making a statement that could mean anything.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1574 on: March 27, 2020, 07:08:27 pm »
Fordy isolation is getting to ya, you're starting to make sense.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1575 on: March 27, 2020, 07:52:02 pm »
Fordy isolation is getting to ya, you're starting to make sense.

Ha ha yes mate it is..giving me time to think and I don't like thinking ha

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #1577 on: March 27, 2020, 08:41:02 pm »

Seems likely due to the lack of income for certain clubs. Below that statement it says the league is due to recommence on the 30th April.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 08:45:21 pm by Fruity »
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #1578 on: March 27, 2020, 09:06:10 pm »
What is truly immoral is clubs and fans of clubs using a human tragedy of global scale in order to get themselves off the hook for being shite for three quarters of the current season.

All the serial losers are begging for it to be shut down and voided so they get another bite at the cherry. A free bite they do not deserve and, if football is to retain any integrity and credibility, they won't get. 

The agendas are so clear and obvious. So odious, so shameful yet so predictable too.

This crisis will pass at some point. Football, like everyday life, will resume once more.

Yep. They want everyone to forget how horrible their own teams are and how awful they've performed this season. It's such a bunch of blatant hypocrisy. 

"Growing sentiment to abandon the league on "moral" grounds.".  On one hand they say football shouldn't matter at this time and on the other they're quick to want to end this season. First of all, yes, football isn't at the forefront of everyones mind right now, but of course it fucking matters. And if it doesn't matter then why the fuck are you talking about it? In that case, it also shouldn't matter if the new season starts in August, December or next March. So by using their own analogy it also shouldn't matter when this one will be resumed. Let's see them answer that one. It's just completely baffling how people are quick to want to make this season null and void and ignore how next season will begin on time.

Rory Smith put it best today:

@RorySmith
More than one thing can matter to people at a time, and not all things have to matter equally: for example, I can care both about the health of my family and whether my dog has had enough exercise. Caring about the second doesn't diminish the fact the former is more important.

YWNA

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #1579 on: March 27, 2020, 09:21:16 pm »
A member of My family got one of those NHS letters today instructing them to isolate for 12 weeks.

That's the timeline Boris put on turning the tide.

I see no way back to normality before July

Finish the season after that. No need for any definitive decision to be made till then. Authorities need to hold their nerve and block out the noise from detractors until it's safe.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1580 on: March 27, 2020, 09:35:32 pm »
A member of My family got one of those NHS letters today instructing them to isolate for 12 weeks.

That's the timeline Boris put on turning the tide.

I see no way back to normality before July

Finish the season after that. No need for any definitive decision to be made till then. Authorities need to hold their nerve and block out the noise from detractors until it's safe.

July for them yes.

But others no! Can't see businesses and people not allowed to go to work for 3 more months.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 09:40:15 pm by Fordy »

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1581 on: March 27, 2020, 09:41:57 pm »
I'm more worried about the financial implications on our club...

https://www.ft.com/content/5497dd63-97fc-40ed-a4e1-cda186155aa9

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1582 on: March 27, 2020, 09:47:07 pm »
July for them yes.

But others no! Can't see businesses and people not allowed to go to work for 3 more months.

What will change in 3 months to allow people to go back to work though? There won't be a vaccine by then.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1583 on: March 27, 2020, 09:56:51 pm »
What will change in 3 months to allow people to go back to work though? There won't be a vaccine by then.

True but what's going to happen.

All businesses closed for 12 months meaning billions world wide on the streets because people,won't be able to pay their bills.

Can't wait for a vaccine mate.

Hopefully the curve will go down or can be controlled and everyone will go to work knowing the facts.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 09:58:31 pm by Fordy »

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1584 on: March 27, 2020, 09:58:06 pm »
True but what's going to happen.

All businesses closed for 12 months meaning billions world wide on the streets because people,won't be able to pay their bills.

Can't wait for a vaccine mate.

Just have to wait and see. Can't see many rushing back to work if there's still a high chance they could get the virus or pass it on.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1585 on: March 27, 2020, 10:04:34 pm »

@RorySmith
More than one thing can matter to people at a time, and not all things have to matter equally: for example, I can care both about the health of my family and whether my dog has had enough exercise. Caring about the second doesn't diminish the fact the former is more important.

This is exactly it.

I’m overly anxious about my health and I’ve been more worried about this than probably I should be. The last 2 weeks have been the first time in my life that I can remember not giving a fuck about football, I’ve been that worried about having a slight itch in my throat that it just hasn’t seemed to matter. But what Smith says is exactly right and people need football to bring them out of this shit (amongst other thiyns, which are specific to the person, to me my loves are music, football, great food and clothes,) and it is absolutely fine to focus on those things in the middle of all this.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1586 on: March 27, 2020, 10:09:35 pm »
would have guessed they mean behind closed doors

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1587 on: March 27, 2020, 10:17:36 pm »
Just have to wait and see. Can't see many rushing back to work if there's still a high chance they could get the virus or pass it on.

Well if people don't work then they don't pay the bills. Unless the world leaders are going to pay everyone's bills then we will all have to work.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1588 on: March 27, 2020, 10:57:58 pm »
Yep. They want everyone to forget how horrible their own teams are and how awful they've performed this season. It's such a bunch of blatant hypocrisy. 

"Growing sentiment to abandon the league on "moral" grounds.".  On one hand they say football shouldn't matter at this time and on the other they're quick to want to end this season. First of all, yes, football isn't at the forefront of everyones mind right now, but of course it fucking matters. And if it doesn't matter then why the fuck are you talking about it? In that case, it also shouldn't matter if the new season starts in August, December or next March. So by using their own analogy it also shouldn't matter when this one will be resumed. Let's see them answer that one. It's just completely baffling how people are quick to want to make this season null and void and ignore how next season will begin on time.

@RorySmith

It's only baffling if we overlook the clear agendas at work. Acknowledge the obvious agendas, and it makes perfect sense.

Funny enough, the ones who seem to be overlooking the global tragedy and endlessly banging on about football to excess are the ones who want to void it. Not because it's the right thing to do either. But because doing so would suit them, and a global catastrophe will be used by them in order to save themselves from their own mediocrity and failure. Basically, it's shameless opportunism on a grotesque level.

I agree with you and Jm55. As far as priorities are concerned, football is very low on the list just now for the overwhelming majority of people. I barely even think of the game itself at the moment, but it's still important to me. As Klopp said, it's the most important of the unimportant things just now. I'm not worried for myself, but I'm very concerned about vulnerable loved ones and vulnerable people in general just now. My anxiety levels are at a constant high, as they are for most other people out there.

Thing is, if this bastard virus was all we focused on then we'd be completely overwhelmed. Because of this, we also need to bring a little light relief into our day too. We need a positive focus outside of all the chaos and madness that is daily life in the current crisis. Viktor E. Frankl survived Auschwitz. He was a Psychiatrist in life before the war. He observed the mentalities and outlooks of those who escaped the 'selection process' and also survived Auschwitz. He found that the ones who used to look forward to all the little things they'd do once they were liberated tended to survive. Those who believed they were doomed, basically sealed their own fate by giving up.

The lesson I take from the above is that even in the face of unspeakable horror, your focus can also wander onto what would, in that situation, be seen as triviality. It's not an either/or situation. In fact, looking forward to positive, better days ahead can be what gets us through the very challenging present. Our daily worries are still very real and very challenging, and we do what we can to deal with them as best as we can, but without an outlet for the stress and anxiety, we'd implode mentally. Some will talk football, others cars, music, art etc... The list of 'trivialities' is endless, but they are important for our mental wellbeing.

Idiots will always delight in constructing a straw man that they can attack. For many, that straw man wears a Liverpool scarf, and is dismissive of the global tragedy unfolding all around him whilst he has nothing to worry over other than lifting a shiny pot. The reality is the straw man doesn't really exist. We are all worried, many are scared, and our priorities are negotiating our way through this horrific pandemic with our health and the health of our loved ones intact. Talking football is just a distraction just now, and acts as a safety valve more than anything else. It helps make some room in our heads for something other than worry and anxiety.

Funny really, I cut the lawn the other day, because it still matters. I marvelled at the night sky with a beautiful crescent moon rising with Venus shining above it. I felt happy after seeing our frog appear in the garden pond for the first time this year just the other night. You see, these things still matter, even if they are not No1 priority in life at the moment. Funny how I'm not getting criticised over that, but if, as a Liverpool fan, I talk about football and the title I'd be criticised for ''focusing on the trivial when we are facing a global crisis.''

When you give up on the little things, what have you got left in life? In dark times, looking forward to better days can get you through. Chances are, 95+% of our day is taken up with getting through this horrible mess. If we manage to distract ourselves for the other 5% then our mental wellbeing will benefit for it.

Let the morons go after the straw man all they want. 

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1589 on: March 27, 2020, 11:01:21 pm »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
« Reply #1590 on: March 27, 2020, 11:03:58 pm »
Why no wait till its safe to get fans back in to the stadiums no matter how long that is then play the season out.Give the players 2 or 3 weeks off,a pre season and a couple of pre season games then start the new season.Get rid of all cup competitions for 1 season only but obviously still keep European competitions.Surely no one is going to complain about that and we will be able to get everything on an even keel hopefully.
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #1591 on: March 27, 2020, 11:14:50 pm »
YWNA

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1592 on: March 27, 2020, 11:14:59 pm »
Why no wait till its safe to get fans back in to the stadiums no matter how long that is then play the season out.Give the players 2 or 3 weeks off,a pre season and a couple of pre season games then start the new season.Get rid of all cup competitions for 1 season only but obviously still keep European competitions.Surely no one is going to complain about that and we will be able to get everything on an even keel hopefully.

Not bothered if it's behind closed doors or not.

Think we all need that realise now. The world in a few weeks or months will need sport again.

Yes, it would be great to get to games but I would take watching it on TV for now.

Sport being back gives hope to normality going back.

Offline Big Bamber

• Having a lovely time, living the best time of his life
  • Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #1593 on: March 27, 2020, 11:20:37 pm »

Actually, it could have been more vague. The only consideration mentioned in the context of the decision is 'economic'. They did not have to say that. They could have said nothing or said 'public health' or 'sporting' or 'fairness' or God knows what. But they said 'economic'. 

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #1594 on: March 27, 2020, 11:30:12 pm »
Actually, it could have been more vague. The only consideration mentioned in the context of the decision is 'economic'. They did not have to say that. They could have said nothing or said 'public health' or 'sporting' or 'fairness' or God knows what. But they said 'economic'. 
Meaning....?

Sorry I’m drunk and tired, you’ll have to spell it out.

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1595 on: March 27, 2020, 11:42:25 pm »
It's only baffling if we overlook the clear agendas at work. Acknowledge the obvious agendas, and it makes perfect sense.

Funny enough, the ones who seem to be overlooking the global tragedy and endlessly banging on about football to excess are the ones who want to void it. Not because it's the right thing to do either. But because doing so would suit them, and a global catastrophe will be used by them in order to save themselves from their own mediocrity and failure. Basically, it's shameless opportunism on a grotesque level.

I agree with you and Jm55. As far as priorities are concerned, football is very low on the list just now for the overwhelming majority of people. I barely even think of the game itself at the moment, but it's still important to me. As Klopp said, it's the most important of the unimportant things just now. I'm not worried for myself, but I'm very concerned about vulnerable loved ones and vulnerable people in general just now. My anxiety levels are at a constant high, as they are for most other people out there.

Thing is, if this bastard virus was all we focused on then we'd be completely overwhelmed. Because of this, we also need to bring a little light relief into our day too. We need a positive focus outside of all the chaos and madness that is daily life in the current crisis. Viktor E. Frankl survived Auschwitz. He was a Psychiatrist in life before the war. He observed the mentalities and outlooks of those who escaped the 'selection process' and also survived Auschwitz. He found that the ones who used to look forward to all the little things they'd do once they were liberated tended to survive. Those who believed they were doomed, basically sealed their own fate by giving up.

The lesson I take from the above is that even in the face of unspeakable horror, your focus can also wander onto what would, in that situation, be seen as triviality. It's not an either/or situation. In fact, looking forward to positive, better days ahead can be what gets us through the very challenging present. Our daily worries are still very real and very challenging, and we do what we can to deal with them as best as we can, but without an outlet for the stress and anxiety, we'd implode mentally. Some will talk football, others cars, music, art etc... The list of 'trivialities' is endless, but they are important for our mental wellbeing.

Idiots will always delight in constructing a straw man that they can attack. For many, that straw man wears a Liverpool scarf, and is dismissive of the global tragedy unfolding all around him whilst he has nothing to worry over other than lifting a shiny pot. The reality is the straw man doesn't really exist. We are all worried, many are scared, and our priorities are negotiating our way through this horrific pandemic with our health and the health of our loved ones intact. Talking football is just a distraction just now, and acts as a safety valve more than anything else. It helps make some room in our heads for something other than worry and anxiety.

Funny really, I cut the lawn the other day, because it still matters. I marvelled at the night sky with a beautiful crescent moon rising with Venus shining above it. I felt happy after seeing our frog appear in the garden pond for the first time this year just the other night. You see, these things still matter, even if they are not No1 priority in life at the moment. Funny how I'm not getting criticised over that, but if, as a Liverpool fan, I talk about football and the title I'd be criticised for ''focusing on the trivial when we are facing a global crisis.''

When you give up on the little things, what have you got left in life? In dark times, looking forward to better days can get you through. Chances are, 95+% of our day is taken up with getting through this horrible mess. If we manage to distract ourselves for the other 5% then our mental wellbeing will benefit for it.

Let the morons go after the straw man all they want.

Honestly that’s one of the best things I’ve read on this site.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1596 on: March 27, 2020, 11:44:57 pm »
SoS you do produce some fantastic posts.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1597 on: March 27, 2020, 11:45:59 pm »
Meaning....?

Sorry I’m drunk and tired, you’ll have to spell it out.
basically the games will be behind closed doors so clubs miss out on revenue and the players will have to take pay cuts to compensate

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1598 on: March 27, 2020, 11:46:17 pm »
SoS you do produce some fantastic posts.
I’ll second that.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1599 on: March 27, 2020, 11:47:46 pm »
basically the games will be behind closed doors so clubs miss out on revenue and the players will have to take pay cuts to compensate
Thanks.