Author Topic: Roma Away - Wednesday 2nd May 7.45pm - Travel Advice in OP  (Read 120352 times)

Offline away.days

• .numbered
  • Main Stander
Re: Roma Away - Wednesday 2nd May 7.45pm
« Reply #640 on: April 25, 2018, 12:03:04 am »
Just changed my flights. Doing a daytrip Roma Ultras seems to be scums and am traveling alone so no need for me to stay there longer than needed.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #641 on: April 25, 2018, 12:04:40 am »
Puts those few peoples plan to buy in the Roma end into perspective! Was a ridiculous shout before tonight but even more so now

Stay safe all when you head out there and keep your wits about you - one trip not to have too many beers on - maybe on the flight home!

Offline DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
  • We've conquered Europe and we're never gonna stop
« Reply #642 on: April 25, 2018, 12:22:41 am »
Was worried enough before tonight but after the result and actions from the Roma scum I'm even more worried about next Wednesday now

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #643 on: April 25, 2018, 12:33:22 am »
Stay safe guys!

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #644 on: April 25, 2018, 12:41:36 am »
As they say, a leopard doesn’t change its spots.  Course and distance winners in the scumbag fans stakes.  All going need to be clued up, stay together and keep safe.  Remember these are not British stewards and police so we cannot expect any support from the authorities.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #645 on: April 25, 2018, 12:50:58 am »
Well done for hanging in there mate

:lmao
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline CroatiaReds

• Anny Roader
« Reply #646 on: April 25, 2018, 12:53:58 am »
Be very carefull in Rome next wednesday, Italians are very strong im groups (10 on 2, 15 on 4, 4 on 1), and always using weapons, stay together and be concentrate. They're going to search troubles, dont give them a chance to be a easy target. See u on wednesday there!!!

Come on Redmen!

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #647 on: April 25, 2018, 12:54:53 am »
Just changed my flights. Doing a daytrip Roma Ultras seems to be scums and am traveling alone so no need for me to stay there longer than needed.
I'm going on my own also I'll pm you closer to the day maybe meet up and head to the ground together safety in numbers etc.
Kenny Godglish

Offline SKITTLE

• Legacy Fan
  • One of the "older" brigade.
« Reply #648 on: April 25, 2018, 01:10:05 am »
I would assume that nothing has changed re the Roma fans. '84 was like hell on earth, they don't take kindly to losing. Slashings from passing scooters as well as the odd iron bar on the back of your legs. Coach windows going in right left and centre. I can see similar shit happening again.
Been there,done that,getting older,bordering on part timer status. So sad but that's life.

Offline _Lfc_

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *YNWA*
« Reply #649 on: April 25, 2018, 01:34:30 am »
Our fans need to stick together out there. Walking around in pairs etc is asking for trouble, those Roma fans are vile, they will be looking for small groups of lfc fans. Stay together.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #650 on: April 25, 2018, 03:24:12 am »
I would assume that nothing has changed re the Roma fans. '84 was like hell on earth, they don't take kindly to losing. Slashings from passing scooters as well as the odd iron bar on the back of your legs. Coach windows going in right left and centre. I can see similar shit happening again.

They picked on a few stragglers but our firm knocked loads of them out. They run like fuck when you put it on their toe. Fuck them. Youse will be alright. Stick together.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #651 on: April 25, 2018, 05:25:21 am »
Be safe everyone that's going out there please. Worries me what they might try and do in their own city if they are willing to try it outside the Kop with an old man while everyones inside early. Just a shame more didn't run and fight them when it was kicking off. Angers me when I see people getting picked on like that, one fella on the floor and trying to batter another fella 8 on 1. Pricks.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline corbyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #652 on: April 25, 2018, 07:06:22 am »
Anyone received an email about tickets being sent out yet?

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #653 on: April 25, 2018, 07:27:25 am »
Well done for hanging in there mate

;D

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
« Reply #654 on: April 25, 2018, 07:55:59 am »
Echoing what others have said. Stay safe people.

Incident from last night has put a real dampener on things. Punch of cowardly c*nts.

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #655 on: April 25, 2018, 08:40:13 am »
I'm really concerned now about safety next Wednesday.Roma have a significant amount of savage violent scumbag fans dangerous bastards with weapons in their hands.

If you wasn't concerned before yesterday you must be really naïve. Italians are shithouses, never trust them.

Anybody going out stick together in numbers. I'm swerving this due to a few passionate pleas from close family members.
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline upthereds95

• Anny Roader
« Reply #656 on: April 25, 2018, 09:04:19 am »
Me and my mate are going over for this. Know a few other lads going over aswell be a good idea to all meet up somewhere before the game and all go to the ground together. Them shithouse roma fans won't attack big groups they'll only go after innocent fans walking up on their own.

Offline redman1974

• Legacy Fan
  • scottkop105 on twitter My new number 07511165355
« Reply #657 on: April 25, 2018, 09:12:57 am »
Glad I made the decision not to go to this when the draw was made. I do most aways both in this country and in Europe but after going here in 2001 and what i experienced then I vowed never to go again. Stay safe everyone going and stick together in big groups. Some of there fans are simply evil.

Offline AA3JM21

• Main Stander
« Reply #658 on: April 25, 2018, 09:16:18 am »
Glad we're only doing a day trip for this .. Italian 'ultras' are horrible
I think they will target us whether we're in a large group or small group to be honest, just have to stay alert

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #659 on: April 25, 2018, 09:17:57 am »
Does anyone know where the local screwfix is in Rome?

Offline upthereds95

• Anny Roader
« Reply #660 on: April 25, 2018, 09:24:13 am »
Make sure youse wear a belt over there because them roma lads defo will be.

Offline GonzalezIsARed

• Most prickless poster ever
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: April 25, 2018, 09:25:47 am »
Do I still go without a ticket? I was really up for this, was planning on taking my missus and my younger brother but after seeing the scenes from last night I'm not as excited as I should be and we won 5-2.

People on Twitter are telling me to swerve it who've been before.

Offline JG-7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: April 25, 2018, 09:27:03 am »
Me and my mate are going over for this. Know a few other lads going over aswell be a good idea to all meet up somewhere before the game and all go to the ground together. Them shithouse roma fans won't attack big groups they'll only go after innocent fans walking up on their own.

Is it probably worth a few of us PM'ing nearer the time & arranging a meeting point before the game (discreetly)? Then anybody travelling on their own can join.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: April 25, 2018, 09:40:33 am »
Do I still go without a ticket? I was really up for this, was planning on taking my missus and my younger brother but after seeing the scenes from last night I'm not as excited as I should be and we won 5-2.

Certainly wouldn’t be going with any youngsters and personally wouldn’t touch it without a ticket

Just not worth it

Offline redmanraj

• Main Stander
« Reply #664 on: April 25, 2018, 09:49:00 am »
Certainly wouldn’t be going with any youngsters and personally wouldn’t touch it without a ticket

Just not worth it

This, definitely. Went in 2001 and vowed never again.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #665 on: April 25, 2018, 09:49:48 am »

You'll be fine.  Take time to wander around taking in the atmosphere.  Make sure you all wear your colours and as many red articles of clothing as you can. 
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline GonzalezIsARed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: April 25, 2018, 10:51:26 am »
You'll be fine.  Take time to wander around taking in the atmosphere.  Make sure you all wear your colours and as many red articles of clothing as you can. 

Not that funny though that is it pal? Considering what's happened. Tool.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #667 on: April 25, 2018, 10:59:36 am »
Not that funny though that is it pal? Considering what's happened. Tool.

I am not your Pal - thank Christ.

Your post was either a wind up, in which case you deserved what you got, or it was genuine, in which case you are insane.  And, of course, a Tool. 

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline cheshiremike

• Podcast/Youtube Addict. Sworn enema of CheshireDave
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #668 on: April 25, 2018, 11:05:49 am »

Not being funny mate but it shouldn't even enter your mind to go without a ticket let alone with the girlfriend and a youngster!!

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #669 on: April 25, 2018, 11:06:57 am »
My grandad went to Rome in a tank in 1944.   Similar equipment may well be advisable.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline nearly40

• .....even though my profile says 48!
  • Anny Roader
  • KOP stand up! Stand up the KOP!
« Reply #670 on: April 25, 2018, 11:12:23 am »
My grandad went to Rome in a tank in 1944.   Similar equipment may well be advisable.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
'The evidence shows conclusively that Liverpool fans neither caused nor contributed to the deaths of 96 men, women and children.'

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #671 on: April 25, 2018, 11:14:13 am »
I think the scooter thing also happened in 2000 when we played them in the UEFA cup, riding past on scooters and shiving people in the arse. I went the following season when we played them in the european cup and it wasn`t as bad. Our coach did get bricked on the way to the ground, took a few digs from the carabineri outside the ground and got pelted with all kinds of shit from the home fans.

Just stay safe lads, don`t atagonise the fuckers and I`ll see you in Kiev.

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #672 on: April 25, 2018, 11:20:59 am »

I didn't know your grandad was Bob Paisley, Andy  :D

Offline GonzalezIsARed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #673 on: April 25, 2018, 11:29:01 am »
I am not your Pal - thank Christ.

Your post was either a wind up, in which case you deserved what you got, or it was genuine, in which case you are insane.  And, of course, a Tool. 

'Deserved what I got'  ;D

Offline KopiteKee

• Kemlynite
  • Shake And Bake
« Reply #674 on: April 25, 2018, 12:02:36 pm »
Is it worth sorting a WhatsApp group with other Reds out there so we can keep updated on travel arrangements on matchday???.

Safety in numbers and all that.

Done Seville & Porto away this year & several European aways in years gone by. It's a shame there probably won't be a central meet & display of flags and colours.

I'm going a couple of days before with two lads from work so going to try & do the tourist thing, keep our heads down and then make our way to the ground.

The worry is splintering off from big groups as I understand that's where you're most likely to be targeted over there.

Several tweets from Evans and others advising to avoid:

- Pont Duca d'Aosta bridge
- Number 11 bus from Ottaviana to Stadio Olimpico (This is the normal public route)
- Via Capoprati
- Campo dei Fiori

Offline JACKO_LFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #675 on: April 25, 2018, 12:13:20 pm »
Got tickets, flights, hotel sorted. Should be absolutely buzzing about going to watch my team in a European semi.

Instead, shit scared about going to a football match. Absolutely crazy.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #676 on: April 25, 2018, 12:20:30 pm »
Got tickets, flights, hotel sorted. Should be absolutely buzzing about going to watch my team in a European semi.

This 100%, only doing the day trip, but go everywhere with the Mrs, now shitting it that I'm putting her in a load of danger.

Think we're going to head to all the tourist spots, and blend in, then just get back to the coaches that are taking us to the ground

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #677 on: April 25, 2018, 12:25:24 pm »

I know.  Its a damn shame.  But hopefully linking up with other lads from here will help - safety in numbers.  We always loved the meet and display, but with this bunch of kunts the words "sitting ducks" come to mind, alas.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #678 on: April 25, 2018, 12:26:25 pm »
Anyone received an email about tickets being sent out yet?

Nothing yet, think they said by tomorrow at the latest.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline professormamlok

• Main Stander
« Reply #679 on: April 25, 2018, 12:27:39 pm »
Rome is a beautiful city and a trip there is always worthed. Unfortunally there are scumbags that thinks that a match is a war. So guys travelling there keep your eyes open. My thoughts are for that irish fightin' for his life.
I was in Istanbul in 2005, and regardless of the final result, i had great memories of l'pool fans.
Athens, 23 May 2007.
She's back home.