Author Topic: Spiders....  (Read 146512 times)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spiders....
« Reply #1600 on: April 4, 2018, 10:02:21 am »
Sometimes kids just develop the fear anyway. My missus is terrified of spiders (she once rang me at the match as there was what she thought was a big spider in the living room) and I don't like them, so I tried to get my kids to like them, not be scared etc. I've got a picture of the youngest holding a big fucker. Somehow, they are now both scared of spiders and run from the room if they are on the telly.

Going back to this, they were in holiday club yesterday, the youngest comes home, "Dad I held a TARANTULA today". The other wouldn't even look, but at least I know the youngest doesn't actually have a fear, he must just have been copying his brother
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1601 on: April 4, 2018, 10:43:06 am »
Going back to this, they were in holiday club yesterday, the youngest comes home, "Dad I held a TARANTULA today". The other wouldn't even look, but at least I know the youngest doesn't actually have a fear, he must just have been copying his brother

Aah but that is a tame house trained tarantula, probably a bit of a softie.

Unlike a free range, feral tarantula hiding (and simultaneously lurking) in a carefully concealed web, just waiting to skitter out as your face hits its web.

The stuff of nightmares.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1602 on: April 4, 2018, 10:53:29 am »
Aah but that is a tame house trained tarantula, probably a bit of a softie.

Unlike a free range, feral tarantula hiding (and simultaneously lurking) in a carefully concealed web, just waiting to skitter out as your face hits its web.

The stuff of nightmares.

I think it's their Ma who is the problem. Last night I'm in the bathroom with Ben (youngest) brushing his teeth. Next thing I can hear hysterical screaming coming from downstairs, I thought they were being attacked. Adam comes haring up the stairs, gives me a laptop charger and sprints past me. Jo runs half way up the stairs, screaming is it there, is it there? I throw the charger downa nd I'm asking what the fuck is going on? They both say they've seen this black insect, no idea what it was, but its terrified them. I asked how big it was, Jo holds her fingers apart, we are talking 8 inches - Adam says it had pincers and antenna. I go grab a torch, look around the living room, no sign of this beast. Pulls the couches out, checks under the telly, in the kitchen, nothing.  Then they tell me she got Adam to put the lights on and it legged it towards him and they think it went out the door.

I go into the hall and I spot this thing on the stairs - its some thick cotton strap about 8 inches long, off some clothing or something, with a big strand of cotton trailing up the stairs, stuck to the velcro on the laptop charger. Daft bastards had dragged it about the room as they ran in terror. :lmao
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1603 on: October 2, 2018, 11:59:49 pm »
Spiders are back. :wave

So for the 3rd(?) time in my recent life I have a spider renting space in my car. He/she is light brown & about the size of a bottle cap. I was just leaving a stop light when the little bugger casually strolled across the inside of my windshield at eye level, as if to say hello. Then proceeded to slide into the space between my windshield and frame just above my head. I pulled over & went searching but never found it.

So it's there. Waiting. For juuuust the right moment. To drop on my fucking head while I'm in heavy traffic going 60 MPH.  >:(
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #1604 on: October 3, 2018, 07:52:25 am »

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1605 on: October 3, 2018, 01:06:33 pm »
Massive fucker in my hallway last night, legged it before I could get a shoe on it and slid into the crevice under the back door frame. I opened the door and couldn't see the bastard for ages as it was getting dark, then spotted it half way up, squashed into the frame of the door between the lock mechanism and the sponge bit. Ended up spraying that anti-spider stuff on it until it came out but it still managed to get away, hopefully outside as I couldn't find it anywhere. Fucking sly they are.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1606 on: October 3, 2018, 02:50:31 pm »
Had three big fuckers in my kitchen / living room in the last couple of weeks. All of the lightning fast house spider variety and they all do the same rat run round the edge of the walls making them hard to get. Considering burning the place down and starting again.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1607 on: October 3, 2018, 03:01:31 pm »
Apparently it's breeding season so they're out and about looking for girlie spiders.

Been a few big ones brazenly wandering about in the house lately, I'm scared of them but thankfully the dog isn't ;D

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1608 on: October 3, 2018, 03:17:57 pm »
Think we've been lucky this year probably because both cats have been eating them during the day. 

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1609 on: October 3, 2018, 04:14:52 pm »
Saw an interesting thing the other day. And by interesting I mean ‘skin crawling’ but there was quite a big cobweb outside my kitchen window. Looked out and could see the inhabitant (looked a bit false widows but was probably perfectly harmless) had something caught in there. On closer inspection it was another spider and it was in the process of wrapping it all up. Looked again a few minutes later and the web was empty, the bastard had dragged the other spider to its little hideaway in the window frame and was obviously tucking in. Creepy bastards.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1610 on: October 3, 2018, 05:09:40 pm »
This

Apparently it's breeding season so they're out and about looking for girlie spiders.

Been a few big ones brazenly wandering about in the house lately, I'm scared of them but thankfully the dog isn't ;D

Leads to this, cos the females eat the males

Saw an interesting thing the other day. And by interesting I mean ‘skin crawling’ but there was quite a big cobweb outside my kitchen window. Looked out and could see the inhabitant (looked a bit false widows but was probably perfectly harmless) had something caught in there. On closer inspection it was another spider and it was in the process of wrapping it all up. Looked again a few minutes later and the web was empty, the bastard had dragged the other spider to its little hideaway in the window frame and was obviously tucking in. Creepy bastards.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1611 on: October 3, 2018, 05:21:54 pm »
This

Leads to this, cos the females eat the males
Got sense these ladies.....

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #1612 on: October 3, 2018, 05:28:12 pm »
I don't have a problem with spiders.

But I'll squeal like a girl if I see a cockroach.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #1613 on: October 3, 2018, 05:32:48 pm »

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1614 on: October 3, 2018, 05:49:36 pm »

Sorry!  :P
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1615 on: October 3, 2018, 06:28:50 pm »
Caught this ugly bastard about 3 inches behind my head at the smoking shelter today.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1616 on: October 3, 2018, 07:06:22 pm »
Spider with a big bulbous back = never good. I reckon you had a lucky escape with that one.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1617 on: October 3, 2018, 07:10:54 pm »
Caught this ugly bastard about 3 inches behind my head at the smoking shelter today.

False widow spider. Good job it didn't bite you, your arms and legs would have fallen off. Best burn the smoking shelter down just to be safe.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1618 on: October 3, 2018, 07:19:18 pm »
False widow spider. Good job it didn't bite you, your arms and legs would have fallen off. Best burn the smoking shelter down just to be safe.

Is it actually?  ;D

I joked about it being one but didn't think those things had made it as far north as Aberdeen yet!

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1619 on: October 3, 2018, 07:21:50 pm »
What?! We have poisonous ones here??

I can’t even google it cos I won’t fucking sleep 😂

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1620 on: October 3, 2018, 07:24:53 pm »

Nah it's not really poisonous, however it's bite is similar to that of being stung by a wasp.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1621 on: October 3, 2018, 08:04:15 pm »

Nah, they're not really. Our kid lives in Bournemouth and sometimes sleeps in the conservatory. He kept finding little spider bites on him one week, a search around the bed revealed a false widow living in it.

Is it actually?  ;D

I joked about it being one but didn't think those things had made it as far north as Aberdeen yet!

The markings and colours certainly look like one. I usually find one or two on the outside of my shed.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2018, 08:06:31 pm by rob1966 »

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1622 on: October 4, 2018, 07:40:15 am »
Nah it's not really poisonous, however it's bite is similar to that of being stung by a wasp.

Nah, they're not really. Our kid lives in Bournemouth and sometimes sleeps in the conservatory. He kept finding little spider bites on him one week, a search around the bed revealed a false widow living in it.

Good! Last thing I need is panicking about that ;D

Found a big one drowned in the dog's water bowl this morning, he had nothing to do with it as it was in one piece. Very odd.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1623 on: October 4, 2018, 08:01:21 am »
Think we've been lucky this year probably because both cats have been eating them during the day. 

Used to have big spiders wandering about the house, now that the cat has moved in, all I find are big squished ones ;D
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1624 on: October 4, 2018, 03:32:17 pm »
Four schools in London closed due to false widows

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-45745422

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #1625 on: October 4, 2018, 03:43:53 pm »
Good! Last thing I need is panicking about that ;D

Found a big one drowned in the dog's water bowl this morning, he had nothing to do with it as it was in one piece. Very odd.

They're pretty useless when it comes to water. As soon as they break the surface tension in their struggles, that's it and they usually end up drowning.

All except these little beauties of which there are several variants that live in ponds here in the UK, some mostly underwater and that can even catch and eat fish....

... though only tiny minnows and sticklebacks.

I think they are the largest UK spider.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1626 on: October 4, 2018, 08:10:17 pm »
We had a monster of a house spider in last week. One of those really big, dark brown things. I managed to catch it and put it outside.

It wasn't happy, but it's better than being battered with the Echo.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1627 on: October 4, 2018, 09:11:28 pm »
Another fucker here, up near the ceiling so removal risks it landing on my head. I’ve ignored it for now, I know full well it’ll be gone when I look later.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1628 on: October 4, 2018, 09:32:44 pm »
Another fucker here, up near the ceiling so removal risks it landing on my head. I’ve ignored it for now, I know full well it’ll be gone when I look later.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bplt2U81EzE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bplt2U81EzE</a>

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1629 on: October 8, 2018, 02:36:18 am »
Our shed seems to breed 'em big....

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1630 on: October 8, 2018, 07:57:23 am »
Our shed seems to breed 'em big....

Tell me you're in Australia...

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1631 on: October 8, 2018, 08:18:22 am »
Tell me you're in Australia...

Brissyred from Brisbane Australia.

Going to stick my neck out and say he is Claire!

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1632 on: October 8, 2018, 08:44:53 am »
Brissyred from Brisbane Australia.

Going to stick my neck out and say he is Claire!

Says 'Crosby Nick' from Slough.

;D

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1633 on: October 8, 2018, 09:08:30 am »
Says 'Crosby Nick' from Slough.

;D

I’ve ‘upsized’ in recent months.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1634 on: October 10, 2018, 07:40:58 pm »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1635 on: October 10, 2018, 07:49:13 pm »
Those fuckers give me the absolute heebie jeebies.

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #1636 on: October 10, 2018, 09:21:06 pm »
A lad i know killed a spider once.After he killed it,he went to bed and other Spiders turned up later on whilst he was asleep.They ended up attacking him.Eating half of one of his feet and a bit of his nose..

Turns out that when they die they leave a smell that only other spiders can smell for miles around,and if you have this smell on you,they will feast

Poor bastards never been the same.
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://thedeadradiobroadcast.bandcamp.com/releases
https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1637 on: October 11, 2018, 09:19:12 am »
A lad i know killed a spider once.After he killed it,he went to bed and other Spiders turned up later on whilst he was asleep.They ended up attacking him.Eating half of one of his feet and a bit of his nose..

Turns out that when they die they leave a smell that only other spiders can smell for miles around,and if you have this smell on you,they will feast

Poor bastards never been the same.

:lmao

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1638 on: February 13, 2019, 06:47:32 pm »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1639 on: March 1, 2019, 11:37:55 pm »
Who wants a nightmare tonight? Oh, you do! :wave
It was almost midnight in the Peruvian Amazon when scientists from the University of Michigan heard a scratching noise in the leaves and saw a dinner plate-sized tarantula dragging a opossum along the forest floor. The spider had grabbed the opossum -- a small furry creature known as a mouse opossum -- by the neck and it was still twitching when the scientists found the pair...
https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/01/world/giant-spider-eats-opossum-scn-trnd/index.html
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/cuKfAFI19pg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/cuKfAFI19pg</a>
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski