Author Topic: Spiders....  (Read 147427 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Spiders....
« Reply #1480 on: March 2, 2016, 01:25:13 pm »
Do they know that they're not supposed to run around on your face and go inside your mouth at night time?

And lay their eggs in your ears.

Offline lauz

• Looking for a talented pastie smasher. Apply within.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1481 on: March 2, 2016, 02:31:30 pm »
I watched 25 secs of that video. It's wrong. urgh

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1482 on: March 6, 2016, 03:31:09 pm »

:lmao
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1483 on: March 6, 2016, 08:10:15 pm »
Fella in work is in Cambodia on holiday at the minute. I've seen a pic of him with this massive spider on his hand - its fucking deep friied and is sold as food
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1484 on: March 6, 2016, 08:18:26 pm »
Fella in work is in Cambodia on holiday at the minute. I've seen a pic of him with this massive spider on his hand - its fucking deep friied and is sold as food

Get em down your neck

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1485 on: March 6, 2016, 09:01:19 pm »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1486 on: March 11, 2016, 09:50:39 pm »
New Spider discovered, swims, catches fish.

Now all they need to do if find a spider that flies.

https://www.gapyear.com/news/265273/new-breed-of-spider-can-swim-catch-fish

Arachnophobes look away now

Are you afraid of spiders? That’s understandable. They spin webs at exactly head height in narrow passages, run across our bedroom ceilings at night, and lay succulent eggs of terror in our nightmares. But at least you can always escape from spiders by diving into deep water, right?

Wrong.

Australian scientists have discovered a new spider that can swim and catch fish for its supper. It’s called Dolomedes briangreenei, and it’s absolutely terrifying.

The new species of spider is approximately the size of the palm of a hand (i.e. big), and it uses vibrations on the surface of water to find and grab prey beneath it. It dines on fish, frogs, tadpoles, and cane toads, and can swim across water using its middle legs as oars.

The spider was revealed at Brisbane’s inaugural World Science Festival, in front of the festival’s founder, Professor Brian Greene, after whom the spider is named.

There is some good news: the spider is Australian, where it’ll fit right in with the various horrific creatures that call the country home. Secondly, and most importantly, it’s not a threat to humans.

Just keep your mouth closed when you go swimming.

Offline zebenzui

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1487 on: March 11, 2016, 10:29:39 pm »
Do they know that they're not supposed to run around on your face and go inside your mouth at night time?
And lay their eggs in your ears.

You had to make it weird.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1488 on: March 28, 2016, 10:38:29 pm »
Oh dear!  ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1489 on: March 29, 2016, 11:57:08 am »
Should have burnt the house down and then left the note next to the smouldering ashes

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1490 on: April 12, 2016, 07:23:09 pm »
New one from my brother ;D

Sooooo ... arms full of washing for the line , doing a bloke thing of ''' I'm an octopus , I've got this ''' instead of dumping it on a chair or summit , couple of items onto the line , no issue , yeah , this is working , washing pile going down , getting easier , but then , a peg snaps ... it's in my hand in two halves , can't drop it cos I've got 3 mutts circling me waiting to pounce on a dropped item or nasty sharp peg ...can't reach my pocket , simple .. I'll pop it into my mouth for a minute ... that's when I discover there's a false widow spider living in said peg ... quick chomp on my lip ... now I'm on my knees gagging , kneeling in a poop that's not been picked up , one dog has shot off with the remainder of the peg , another can't believe her luck to get a T-shirt to play with and the third is laying on her back wagging her tail saying , it's nothing to do with me.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1491 on: April 12, 2016, 09:03:42 pm »
RIP YNWA.

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1492 on: April 12, 2016, 10:14:34 pm »
I hope you torched your brother with a flame thrower.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1493 on: April 22, 2016, 08:57:51 am »
That moment you don't notice the big fuck off spider on the wall next to you until AFTER you get off the toilet.  Might have soiled myself if I hadn't just been.  :(

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1494 on: April 23, 2016, 08:09:06 pm »
Australian lad on a bikers facebook group in on posted a picture of his bike with a massive spider sat on the screen on the fairing. He didn't know what species and didn't appear to bea arsed, but it looked like a huntsman.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1495 on: April 23, 2016, 08:10:25 pm »
Australian lad on a bikers facebook group in on posted a picture of his bike with a massive spider sat on the screen on the fairing. He didn't know what species and didn't appear to bea arsed, but it looked like a huntsman.

Time to put a rag in the petrol tank and set it on fire.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1496 on: April 27, 2016, 02:01:16 pm »
Redback spider bites Australian man on penis

An Australian man has taken himself to hospital after a venomous redback spider bit him on the penis.
The tradesman was using a portable toilet on a Sydney building site on Wednesday morning when he was bitten.
A spokesperson for St George Hospital confirmed that a 21-year-old man was treated for a redback bite.
The redback spider, closely related to the black widow spider, is distinguished by a long red stripe on its abdomen.
The spider's bite causes severe pain, sweating and nausea.
The BBC spoke to the owners of the property who confirmed that the man had been bitten on the penis as described in media reports.
He was later discharged from hospital in a stable condition.
Although there are recorded cases of deaths from redback bites, none have occurred since the development of antivenom in 1956.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-36136635

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1497 on: April 27, 2016, 02:36:44 pm »
Redback spider bites Australian man on penis

An Australian man has taken himself to hospital after a venomous redback spider bit him on the penis.
The tradesman was using a portable toilet on a Sydney building site on Wednesday morning when he was bitten.
A spokesperson for St George Hospital confirmed that a 21-year-old man was treated for a redback bite.
The redback spider, closely related to the black widow spider, is distinguished by a long red stripe on its abdomen.
The spider's bite causes severe pain, sweating and nausea.
The BBC spoke to the owners of the property who confirmed that the man had been bitten on the penis as described in media reports.
He was later discharged from hospital in a stable condition.
Although there are recorded cases of deaths from redback bites, none have occurred since the development of antivenom in 1956.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-36136635

Is this a case of take the pain away but leave the swelling?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1498 on: June 1, 2016, 07:21:32 pm »
Peacock spider

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1499 on: June 1, 2016, 07:26:07 pm »
Whatever happened to the Spider Baby in Father Ted?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1500 on: June 2, 2016, 01:11:43 pm »
Whatever happened to the Spider Baby in Father Ted?

It was a spider in a pram.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1501 on: June 2, 2016, 01:41:24 pm »

Offline GalaSupporter

• Snake Charmer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are the best GALATASARAY
    • Galatasaray's Best Web  Forum
« Reply #1502 on: June 5, 2016, 02:44:46 pm »
One of my spiders molted today, here is a photo next to my *hand:

*I do not have tiny Donald Trump hands...

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." GG

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1503 on: June 5, 2016, 04:49:43 pm »
You horrible bastard.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1504 on: June 5, 2016, 10:25:08 pm »
Are you going to make it into a glove?
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1505 on: June 5, 2016, 11:30:32 pm »
That's a bit extreme. I like the Cambodians style though, it sends a message.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1506 on: June 6, 2016, 09:18:21 am »
Hope you're making that big bastard pay rent.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1507 on: June 6, 2016, 09:22:35 am »

I hope he's burnt the house down and is now paying rent somewhere temporary
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #1508 on: June 6, 2016, 12:27:39 pm »

Andy, for fuck's sake, that's horrible   :puke2
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1509 on: June 6, 2016, 01:22:40 pm »
That's a bit extreme. I like the Cambodians style though, it sends a message.

Clear message "Tell your friends!"

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1510 on: June 7, 2016, 11:01:42 am »

*I do not have tiny Donald Drumpf hands...

Deary me!

Offline GalaSupporter

• Snake Charmer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1511 on: June 8, 2016, 07:33:48 am »

Keep in mind spiders molt to be able to grow so she is even larger than that molt now. Not paying a cent for bed and breakfast either but I will sell her babies for cash so we will get even at some point.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." GG

Offline GalaSupporter

• Snake Charmer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1512 on: July 10, 2016, 11:33:20 am »
Just another day at my place...

This massive scorpion got killed during a breeding attempt, it is good to have giant spiders around to use as garbage disposal...

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1513 on: July 10, 2016, 11:42:01 am »
Is he snacking on a scorpion?

I'm sure you're living a Truman Show style existence but stuck in a horror movie!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1514 on: July 10, 2016, 11:42:50 am »
No no no, just no.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1515 on: July 10, 2016, 06:43:55 pm »
Imagine waking up after a great sleep and seeing that monster on your pillow or on your night table.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1516 on: July 10, 2016, 06:50:16 pm »
Imagine waking up after a great sleep and seeing that monster on your pillow or on your night table.

And his spider's just as bad.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1517 on: July 10, 2016, 08:56:59 pm »
Last camping site I went to in the US with my mate turned out to be littered with literally hundreds of ant hills.  I was rather glum at the prospect of staying - because I hate anything that creeps, crawls, buzzes, flutters or scuttles - but my mate, being a seasoned camper, was fine with it.

So she nips off to the campsite bogs and I'm figuring out the place where the least number of anthills are so I can pitch my tent, for all the good that will do me.  I then break out the tablecloth and have just finished laying the picnic table when I hear my mate shout "Stop for a minute!"

I turn around and see my mate walking towards me waving, then she puts her hands together apologetically, "How would you feel about spending $67 on a hotel tonight?"

"Why?" I ask.

She replies, "Because there was a humungus funnel spider in one of the toilet doorways and if I have to get up in the night to pee I don't want to stumble into it in the dark.  They're aggressive."

I don't even know what a fucking funnel spider is - I didn't go to check and you don't have to share any images with me at all - but my head was bobbing in a "oh fuck yes" manner before she'd even finished speaking. 

Turns out she'd spent 10 minutes on the bog on her phone looking up hotels, she was that freaked out.  ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline GalaSupporter

• Snake Charmer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1518 on: July 10, 2016, 10:09:37 pm »
Last camping site I went to in the US with my mate turned out to be littered with literally hundreds of ant hills.  I was rather glum at the prospect of staying - because I hate anything that creeps, crawls, buzzes, flutters or scuttles - but my mate, being a seasoned camper, was fine with it.

So she nips off to the campsite bogs and I'm figuring out the place where the least number of anthills are so I can pitch my tent, for all the good that will do me.  I then break out the tablecloth and have just finished laying the picnic table when I hear my mate shout "Stop for a minute!"

I turn around and see my mate walking towards me waving, then she puts her hands together apologetically, "How would you feel about spending $67 on a hotel tonight?"

"Why?" I ask.

She replies, "Because there was a humungus funnel spider in one of the toilet doorways and if I have to get up in the night to pee I don't want to stumble into it in the dark.  They're aggressive."

I don't even know what a fucking funnel spider is - I didn't go to check and you don't have to share any images with me at all - but my head was bobbing in a "oh fuck yes" manner before she'd even finished speaking. 

Turns out she'd spent 10 minutes on the bog on her phone looking up hotels, she was that freaked out.  ;D

Funnel spiders in US: Pathetic looser Arsene Wenger of a spider, completely harmless
Funnel spiders in Australia: The reason why arachnophobia is a thing

I would be more worried of ants in your case...

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #1519 on: July 11, 2016, 11:43:29 am »
Funnel spiders in US: Pathetic looser Arsene Wenger of a spider, completely harmless
Funnel spiders in Australia: The reason why arachnophobia is a thing

I would be more worried of ants in your case...
yep, getting bit by a funnel web spider is no joke

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/halloween-horror-for-nsw-mum-after-funnel-web-bite-20151119-gl3ggc.html
JFT 96