Author Topic: CL: Liverpool 2 vs 0 Rangers TAA 7’ Salah 53’  (Read 12618 times)

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
Re: CL: Liverpool 2 vs 0 Rangers TAA 7’ Salah 53’
« Reply #160 on: October 4, 2022, 10:31:38 pm »
poor performance. attack isnt firing at all at the moment.

Fabinho was awful when he came on.

😳

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #161 on: October 4, 2022, 10:32:38 pm »
A win at home and all some people can talk about is Milner coming on. Jeez.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: October 4, 2022, 10:33:15 pm »

I know for sure you didn't watch Liverpool v Rangers on this plain of existence.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #163 on: October 4, 2022, 10:33:42 pm »
A win at home and all some people can talk about is Milner coming on. Jeez.

I never realised so many people were so obsessed by him.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #164 on: October 4, 2022, 10:35:36 pm »
I'm happy with that.  We took any sting out of the game and just relentlessly wore Rangers down.

I'm not sold on the front four as most attacks seemed to end with one of the four taking a shot into a crowded penalty area with the other three all standing close to each other in that penalty area.  It's good to have some variety to our tactics though and Rangers are probably on a par with the bottom half of the Premier League so it seems viable.

It was good to see Trent playing with a smile on his face.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #165 on: October 4, 2022, 10:36:29 pm »
Anti-Ribena crowd, hipsters. 
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #166 on: October 4, 2022, 10:37:57 pm »
and Rangers are probably on a par with the bottom half of the Premier League so it seems viable.

You really think that  :o
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Online DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jόrgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #167 on: October 4, 2022, 10:38:10 pm »
TBF, people are nervy after the season start and when Milner and Fabinho came on Liverpool definitely saw a dip. So, not surprising folk are talkling about them a little.

However, the fact that Fabinhop was benched initially speaks volumes, Klopp has definitely decided that midfield needs work and was ruthless in dropping a previously undroppable player. Could be an interesting few weeks if Klopp decides to outgun other teams.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: October 4, 2022, 10:39:06 pm »

This is a piss-take right?
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: October 4, 2022, 10:39:10 pm »
It's all about results until they can get some confidence going again. We'll know where we're really at when we play Arsenal. Rangers are a poor side and offered very little. Still I thought there were some positive signs tonight and a 2-0 win in the CL is always welcome.

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: October 4, 2022, 10:44:08 pm »
Are people fucking serious saying that was a poor performance? The game was over in 50 minutes and we coasted the game. We have 13 games this month...what the fuck do people expect?

On another day we win 5 nil...but we won 2 nil and it was never ever in doubt.

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
« Reply #171 on: October 4, 2022, 10:44:11 pm »
Lots of people calling for Arthur to have gotten a run-out tonight in place of Milner.

But, I'm not aware that you can sub into a game if you're not actually on the bench. 

Would have loved to have seen him trot out in his street clothes though...

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #172 on: October 4, 2022, 10:46:45 pm »
TBF, people are nervy after the season start and when Milner and Fabinho came on Liverpool definitely saw a dip. So, not surprising folk are talkling about them a little.

However, the fact that Fabinhop was benched initially speaks volumes, Klopp has definitely decided that midfield needs work and was ruthless in dropping a previously undroppable player. Could be an interesting few weeks if Klopp decides to outgun other teams.

I would say Fab is the bigger challenge at the moment though, as he has definitely lost his mojo at the moment. Of course people are nervous but the team cannot do more than win with a clean sheet.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: October 4, 2022, 10:46:49 pm »

No it doesnt. Klopp knows that we had Rangers tonight, Arsenal at the weekend the Rangers again midweek followed by City the following weekend oh then West Ham 3 days later followed by Notts Forest 3 days after that then to top it off Ajax.

Its managing legs. Its realising that we could get away with a 2 in midfield and allowing a player to take a few days off. There isnt a narrative here.

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: October 4, 2022, 10:48:27 pm »
Lots of people calling for Arthur to have gotten a run-out tonight in place of Milner.

But, I'm not aware that you can sub into a game if you're not actually on the bench. 

The Milner sub was fine and id rather we use Bajetic then Arthur to be honest

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #175 on: October 4, 2022, 10:49:38 pm »
Solid performance that should have had a few more goals.
Nunez showed some good movement and just snatched at a few things, but looks promising.
Thought Henderson was excellent as was Tsimikas and some of Trents passing was outrageous.

Jota, Nunez and Diaz all could have been on the score sheet.
Big 10 days ahead.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: October 4, 2022, 10:50:35 pm »
I would say Fab is the bigger challenge at the moment though, as he has definitely lost his mojo at the moment. Of course people are nervous but the team cannot do more than win with a clean sheet.

Yep out of all the players Fabinho is the biggest concern. There is a question about Salah and his goal scoring numbers, but in terms of all round performance, Fabinho has been poor.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #177 on: October 4, 2022, 10:50:43 pm »

Would have liked to have seen Bajcetic get 10 mins  instead of Milner.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #178 on: October 4, 2022, 10:55:00 pm »
I know for sure you didn't watch Liverpool v Rangers on this plain of existence.
;D

Seemed like a training game. The guys getting used to the new formation. The midfielders may not be ideal for the roles, but they’re great players & can adapt. I enjoyed the forwards interchange. We may have to accept this as a season of transition, but I will take 2-0 in any game.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: October 4, 2022, 11:00:40 pm »

They're nervy so come on here to complain about Milner getting a 10 minute stint at the end of a comfortable win? Seems strange but OK.

Weird to read criticism of Jota after that performance. Excellent link up play and I think he's showing that he's much more than just a finisher.

Also amazing to read someone having a go at Luis Diaz who was again brilliant. Sure, his style of play is a little rough round the edges but he's chaos and unpredictable and makes things happen. Superb player.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: October 4, 2022, 11:01:10 pm »
Yep out of all the players Fabinho is the biggest concern. There is a question about Salah and his goal scoring numbers, but in terms of all round performance, Fabinho has been poor.

Yeah, don't know what's up with him. Form seems to have gone completely out of the window - hopefully, it's a question of tired legs and rest.

Less bothered about Salah - obviously his level is incredibly high but he is still contributing and is not a liability in any way.

Offline MPowerYNWA

• Kopite
« Reply #181 on: October 4, 2022, 11:05:13 pm »
Clean sheet.

Win.

One step at a time.

Now is the time to get behind the team and help keep momentum, not just looking for faults to keep negativity going.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: October 4, 2022, 11:05:23 pm »
Played much better tonight. Better ball control, better passing, better pressing. Rangers gave us space though, they just stood off everything. But a win is a win!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #183 on: October 4, 2022, 11:05:48 pm »
Job well done, we could and should have scored a few more but Rangers shouldn't pose a threat to us even on an off day, we're levels ahead of them.

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
« Reply #184 on: October 4, 2022, 11:06:38 pm »
Good performance and win tonight, and change in formation was good. Onwards and upwards and what a free kick by Trent.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: October 4, 2022, 11:09:11 pm »
Rangers in the PL will probably be in the bottom 5 teams.
Let's see how we do against Arsenal and City.
That will be the judge of our season thus far.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: October 4, 2022, 11:10:42 pm »
Nunez showed some good movement and just snatched at a few things, but looks promising.

Nunez is willing and works hard, but his awareness of where the other players are isn't great. Maybe it'll come when he's here a bit longer.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Saus76

• Complete and utter embarrassment
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #187 on: October 4, 2022, 11:12:26 pm »
A win, a clean sheet - happy days. Better days to come, but pleased with the win. Hopefully this is the start of our season.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #188 on: October 4, 2022, 11:29:20 pm »
Big win and performance. Helped by a passive Rangers side but we looked more like ourselves albeit massively wasteful in front of goal.

Was disappointing to see Nunez spurn so many chances. The positive was that he wasn't massively mis-hitting his strikes, its just they were all at the keeper. Hoping this is just a confidence issue that can be ironed out but it will become worrying the longer it goes on.

Great strike from Trent, just what he needed, thought him staying a little more on the right side made us a bigger threat, it helped Mo and the others as there was always a ball to play.

Hopefully we've saved a couple of goals for Sunday!
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: October 4, 2022, 11:35:13 pm »
We won comfortably and we kept a clean sheet. Good result.

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #190 on: October 4, 2022, 11:40:01 pm »
Whilst I thought Jota, Diaz, Tsmikas and Thiago were below their own standards and Nunez looked like he needed confidence and game time the team as a whole played well and were organised throughout except for a dip near the end. I though Henderson and Matip had good games as did Trent who will have picked up some lost confidence (helped by the words from the rest of the team, especially Thiago)

Watching that free kick again, always wanted to know how lip reading operates, is it something that can be used against you in the long run or are players told that an expert will relay it to the bench who can then get a message to the keeper.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #191 on: October 4, 2022, 11:46:21 pm »
A clean sheet, a timely goal for Trent, no new injuries, and Darwin looked a real handful. Thiago's tackling and break up play was excellent. Could've been 5 or 6 if it wasn't for their keeper.

After the last couple of months if you can't be happy with a comfortable win in 2nd gear, you're doing something wrong.

On to Arsenal.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: October 4, 2022, 11:48:22 pm »
That was exactly what we needed. A nice, boring 2-0 win with the players getting the basics right. Loads to work on but that's a good thing!

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #193 on: October 4, 2022, 11:52:05 pm »
Trent said we played a 4-4-2. With Jota off of Nunez.

Glad that people loved our 4-2-3-1 then..  :lmao
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: October 4, 2022, 11:54:16 pm »
That was exactly what we needed. A nice, boring 2-0 win with the players getting the basics right. Loads to work on but that's a good thing!

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: October 5, 2022, 12:23:51 am »
You really think that  :o
Yes.  We outclassed them tonight but were they really any worse than the two sides we've played in the bottom half of the Premier League?  Bournemouth were awful and we battered Palace despite playing a third of the game with 10 men.  They may not stay there but Fulham, Newcastle, Man U and Brighton are all currently in the top eight.

Rangers got to the Europa League final last season, beating Dortmund, Red Star Belgrade, Braga and RB Leipzig over two legs.  They actually try to play out which is more than can be said for a lot of the Premier League.

People making out Rangers are a pub team are either underestimating them or trying to downplay our victory as it suits their FSG/Klopp dropped the ball narrative.  Maybe both.

Offline ljycb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: October 5, 2022, 12:35:19 am »
Trent said we played a 4-4-2. With Jota off of Nunez.

Glad that people loved our 4-2-3-1 then..  :lmao

It’s numbers on a screen really isn’t it? Jota was clearly the one of the “2” who was more regularly dropping in to pick up the ball in deeper spaces. Whether it’s a 4-4-2 or a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-4-1-1 is irrelevant.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfόnfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #197 on: October 5, 2022, 12:42:38 am »
Been reading some of the Scottish press take on the game pre match and post match. I have to say there is not one ounce of bitterness or snide remarks from them. It’s an absolute joy to read. Factor in our club is built on Scotlands greats and you have to say well thank you.

you should link them in here to counter the absolute awful and miserable takes from a few here!

And no, not saying it was the best display ever, but good grief, it was utterly comfortable, just a couple not grest finishes and some good goalkeeping stopped it being the 4 or 5 nil it deserved to be.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: October 5, 2022, 01:18:26 am »
Much tighter and compact. Better overall.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #199 on: October 5, 2022, 01:22:08 am »
It’s numbers on a screen really isn’t it? Jota was clearly the one of the “2” who was more regularly dropping in to pick up the ball in deeper spaces. Whether it’s a 4-4-2 or a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-4-1-1 is irrelevant.

Really? Numbers on a screen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3BB-w5K1Tg

You might let Jurgen know that when he instructs the players the tactics of the game plan, it's nothing more than numbers on a screen.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.