Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2866656 times)

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World
« Reply #24280 on: September 14, 2022, 12:35:38 am »
Glad to see him grab a goal tonight, decent finish as well. I thought he looked livelier once that went in, hopefully the goals will start to flow again soon
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #24281 on: September 14, 2022, 12:50:20 am »
Hopefully the start of a purple patch again after scoring tonight
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #24282 on: September 14, 2022, 01:20:04 am »
I thought he looked good last night, sharp and fast. Good finish too

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #24283 on: September 14, 2022, 01:27:55 am »
Wonder if a certain gentleman is getting ready to apologise? Probably wait in vane...  :-*
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24284 on: September 14, 2022, 01:51:48 am »
Sadio Mane plays for Bayern Munich now mate.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #24285 on: September 14, 2022, 09:48:48 am »
Wonder if a certain gentleman is getting ready to apologise? Probably wait in vane...  :-*

Nope, I'm big enough to admit when I was wrong.

IamNotSpamBotMailIsWeird, I'm sorry. You were right, Mo is shite.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #24286 on: September 14, 2022, 11:01:26 am »
I thought he looked good last night, sharp and fast. Good finish too

The chase back he did in the 46th minute to shut down Kudus was fantastic work.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #24287 on: September 14, 2022, 01:12:27 pm »
..and then rocketed up field for the break.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #24288 on: September 14, 2022, 01:26:32 pm »
https://twitter.com/PartedBeard/status/1569837563237601282?s=20&t=I7C_yysLSPqQUcFAA7ssFw

“Sitting in his armchair” Mo Salah who “doesn’t care after the new big contract” and is the “new Auba and Özil” after “clearly losing pace” running with lightning speed to defend.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24289 on: September 16, 2022, 11:47:19 am »
The effort is there, but he's definitely playing too wide. As many have pointed out, Trent and to a lesser extent Elliott, are occupying the positions he usually takes up. Really weird to see Trent breaking off the last man so often during the Ajax game while Salah stands on the touchline. I hope we do something about that.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24290 on: September 20, 2022, 10:26:01 am »
The effort is there, but he's definitely playing too wide. As many have pointed out, Trent and to a lesser extent Elliott, are occupying the positions he usually takes up. Really weird to see Trent breaking off the last man so often during the Ajax game while Salah stands on the touchline. I hope we do something about that.

Elliot is 100% the issue with our right side *this season*.  Don't get me wrong, I love him to pieces, and for an 17/18 year old he is sublime.  But the facts are that he does not track back as well as any other member of our squad (including our forwards) which has meant that defensively Trent has been more at risk (which is why we have conceeded more on that side, and why Salah is playing far deeper than he ever is) - and then when Salah does get forward, Elliot is often in the position Salah wants to be in, which drags him wider and renders him less useful - this season he is having half the number of chances in the box, and getting half as many shots per 90 than he ever has for us. 

Last season, even during Mane's purple patch (and not just purple patch - his best ever form for us arguably), when Salah "was off form" - Mane averaged a goal or assist a goal or assist every 111 mins, and Salah got one every 89 mins.  Yet Salah "was off form", "hasn't been performing well in terms of performances or stats", etc etc.  Yet somehow the narrative was the opposite to what all the stats showed!  People seem to judge him differently than any other player and when he doesn't perform to the standards he sets of being the equal to Messi in his prime he is suddenly "under performing".

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24291 on: September 23, 2022, 05:58:34 pm »
Yeah because Mo was flying before the Boy came back from injury.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #24292 on: September 23, 2022, 06:47:32 pm »
Yeah because Mo was flying before the Boy came back from injury.

Were we tracking his plane?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Believe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24293 on: September 23, 2022, 09:09:19 pm »
Haven't seen the game or highlights, but just saw he's banged in a hattrick for Egypt tonight - well in Mo!!

More of that when you get back please  ;D

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #24294 on: September 23, 2022, 09:19:43 pm »
I watched a bit of it, it ended 3 nil and Mo got the first and the third (a penalty). Nice finish for the first one as well.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24295 on: September 23, 2022, 10:29:47 pm »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #24296 on: September 24, 2022, 11:18:03 am »
Haven't seen the game or highlights, but just saw he's banged in a hattrick for Egypt tonight - well in Mo!!

More of that when you get back please  ;D

EYYYYYY

England lose and Mo had his shooting boots on

This bodes well! I like it when things bode

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #24297 on: September 26, 2022, 12:58:08 pm »
Looks like he's been rested for Egypt's next game and is back in Liverpool. Finally some common sense from an International outfit.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #24298 on: October 2, 2022, 11:35:22 am »
Complete tinfoil but i wonder if him earning twice as much as our other highest earners has bred some resentment within the squad?

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24299 on: October 2, 2022, 11:37:02 am »
Complete tinfoil but i wonder if him earning twice as much as our other highest earners has bred some resentment within the squad?

Why would they resent the best player in the squad, and the most commercially viable star in the league earning more than them?

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24300 on: October 2, 2022, 11:37:10 am »

Doubt it. I don't see any kind of friction in the team or way we play. I see frustration because some of them can probably feel within themselves that they're past their best and the team needed refreshing. You don't need to look too deep for why we're not very good now.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24301 on: October 4, 2022, 09:56:39 pm »
Pass the ball yer greedy fuck!  ;D

Seriously though, needs to start squaring the ball a bit more Diaz was open all night on the left. Good performance though, he’s looking dangerous again just needs to spread the love.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24302 on: October 4, 2022, 10:56:42 pm »

Seriously though, needs to start squaring the ball a bit more Diaz was open all night on the left. Good performance though, he’s looking dangerous again just needs to spread the love.

he was passing to Nunez all the time.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24303 on: October 5, 2022, 03:23:03 am »
one of our most consistent penalty takers i guess..other than molby?

hardly in doubt when he steps up

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24304 on: October 5, 2022, 10:48:19 am »
he was passing to Nunez all the time.

From central positions, played some brilliant reverse balls. But quite a few games this season he could have slipped someone in or squared it but he’s chosen to shoot. Just an observation, you don’t ever want him to lose that desire to constantly want to score, but I think at this point with how we’re playing as a team he could help create even more chances for others in the side.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #24305 on: October 5, 2022, 11:55:56 am »
The moment Salah spreads the love Nunez is going to end up pregnant.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #24306 on: October 5, 2022, 04:34:13 pm »
Thought he was good last night. Had to take up a deeper position, but helped create a few changes and put in a good defensive shift.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Aggro Berlin

• Kemlynite
« Reply #24307 on: October 7, 2022, 03:20:08 am »
From central positions, played some brilliant reverse balls. But quite a few games this season he could have slipped someone in or squared it but he’s chosen to shoot. Just an observation, you don’t ever want him to lose that desire to constantly want to score, but I think at this point with how we’re playing as a team he could help create even more chances for others in the side.

He's already our most creative attacking player as it is. No player is going to make the right decision every single time, but 11 games played, 5 goals scored, 4 assists, and 29 chances created in all games, he's leading the way ahead of all our other attacking players. In fact he's created as many chances as Bobby,Jota,Nunez and Diaz have combined.

It's an underrated part of his game, he lead the team in chances created last year as well.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #24308 on: October 7, 2022, 08:30:41 am »
He's already our most creative attacking player as it is. No player is going to make the right decision every single time, but 11 games played, 5 goals scored, 4 assists, and 29 chances created in all games, he's leading the way ahead of all our other attacking players. In fact he's created as many chances as Bobby,Jota,Nunez and Diaz have combined.

It's an underrated part of his game, he lead the team in chances created last year as well.

Agreed, thought he was very unselfish in the Rangers game, the pass he made for Nunez in the first half was subline.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24309 on: October 7, 2022, 09:11:15 am »

So lets assume our formation on Tuesday was either a 4231 or a 442 and Salah was on the right of the 3 or the 4 (depending on what you want to call it). And lets assume we keep playing that formation regularly or occasionally. Why wouldn't we stick him as one of the 2 up front/ the middle one of the 3, instead of Jota (who played that position on Tuesday)? Because you could easily argue that he's our most creative player and he should be playing where he can be most creative, and where he can get the ball most. Tifo speculated in a video on Nunez/ podcast on us over the summer that we might play 4231 with Salah as the 10 and it made a lot of sense to me then.

I guess one argument is the 10 has to do loads of pressing and running and we want to free Salah of that responsibilit and so him playing on the right gives him less to do defensively. Other argument is Jota isn't very good on the right.

Offline Aggro Berlin

• Kemlynite
« Reply #24310 on: October 7, 2022, 04:57:34 pm »
I mean you could in theory try that, we have used him as a 9 with Firmino supporting him from what I recall during 18/19. I guess the reasoning behind using Jota as a 10 instead is his ability to press really well, not that Salah doesn't press but it may be from the coaches perspective more useful to have Jota there. Based on Klopp's presser today, it seems we will be trying various things to be unpredictable as he put it.

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #24311 on: October 9, 2022, 06:29:27 pm »
Passenger today.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #24312 on: October 9, 2022, 06:30:14 pm »
Playing as a right winger in a 442.  Good times.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Elf Pistolero_7

• Relegated.
  • Kopite
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • Spirit Of Shankly
« Reply #24313 on: October 9, 2022, 06:30:36 pm »
He’s finished.
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that"

Bill Shankly. He made the people happy.

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24314 on: October 9, 2022, 06:30:51 pm »
Mo just looks like any other regular random player. Sad to see really.

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #24315 on: October 9, 2022, 06:31:00 pm »
Passenger today.

Has been since the AFCON pretty much...

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24316 on: October 9, 2022, 06:31:19 pm »
On hindsight his contract and Henderson’s were big mistakes.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24317 on: October 9, 2022, 06:31:33 pm »
Mo just looks like any other regular random player. Sad to see really.

Massive decline. Don't see him hitting those heights again.

We are in trouble.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24318 on: October 9, 2022, 06:31:38 pm »
What the fuck is going on.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24319 on: October 9, 2022, 06:31:57 pm »
Looks absolutely terrible. Barely even a passenger these days.