Author Topic: The Men in Suits behind the scenes  (Read 524090 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: The Men in Suits behind the scenes
« Reply #1600 on: September 19, 2022, 08:40:58 pm »
Are Sarah, Rory and Javier a public school Rod, Jane and Freddy?

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #1601 on: September 19, 2022, 08:43:59 pm »
Wast he the speaker last year too?

No, that was Ian Graham. As KH was alluding to his talk was about how transfers are a risk. Everything you see about it is paraphrased or just a screenshot as he requested it not be publically available.

Spearman I think last presented before Covid about how he models control of space on a field using the cameras installed at Anfield for player tracking.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1602 on: September 19, 2022, 10:20:52 pm »
Are Sarah, Rory and Javier a public school Rod, Jane and Freddy?
Depends on whether they bungle things or not
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1603 on: September 19, 2022, 10:41:05 pm »
No, that was Ian Graham. As KH was alluding to his talk was about how transfers are a risk. Everything you see about it is paraphrased or just a screenshot as he requested it not be publically available.

Spearman I think last presented before Covid about how he models control of space on a field using the cameras installed at Anfield for player tracking.
Makes sense. got them mixed up

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #1604 on: September 20, 2022, 04:48:24 pm »
There was a slide used during the presentations today where it compared the four different teams being represented as also being at four different financial levels with us (LFC) being at the top with a "virtually unlimited budget".  Granted that was about money available to build a data team and not transfers but figured it would blow a few gaskets if posted. Can't seem to find it nor anybody posting anything about what Spearman said. Oh well....

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1605 on: September 20, 2022, 07:03:40 pm »
And yet we do transfers! Makes me think of this meme.

I think the formula goes something like transfers are fine with other clubs money. However once the money from incoming transfers is exhausted then don't risk funds generated by the club from other means. Instead invest that money into property. Redeveloped stands and a new training ground comes with a much lower risk.

Lower debt means that FSG as an entity is more valuable. That means you can sell off a chunk of FSG and buy another franchise. I think it is called picking up a penguin.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1606 on: September 21, 2022, 06:23:53 am »
I think it is called picking up a penguin.

Did that once. They're heavier than they look, the slippery fucks.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1607 on: September 21, 2022, 04:33:21 pm »
Did that once. They're heavier than they look, the slippery fucks.
Jackass...

...is a species of penguin
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1608 on: September 28, 2022, 11:58:21 am »
Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool all hope to become multi-club networks

US-owned trio want to mirror Manchester City’s CFG stable
Todd Boehly already looking at clubs in Europe and beyond

The owners of Arsenal and Liverpool have joined Chelsea’s Todd Boehly in looking into establishing a multi-club network pioneered by Manchester City’s owner, City Football Group.

It is understood that Arsenal’s Stan Kroenke – who already owns an MLS team – and his Liverpool counterpart John W Henry have explored adding clubs inside and outside Europe to their portfolios, after Boehly indicated he would like to set up what he described as “a multi-club model”. Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea are under American ownership.

City Football Group, owned by the Abu Dhabi United Group, has a stable of clubs in 11 countries, including three in Europe: the Spanish team Girona, Lommel from Belgium and the French side Troyes.

Boehly is believed to have begun the process of finding other clubs to invest in after reportedly being turned down by the Brazilian club Santos, where Pelé spent most of his career. He is understood to have instructed Chelsea’s new president of business, Tom Glick, to take charge of the process, which could lead to investment in clubs in the Belgian and Portuguese leagues. They and Brazil are seen as potentially lucrative sources of young players, with Boehly believed to have consulted Jorge Mendes over which clubs to consider in the Portuguese agent’s homeland.

Kroenke, who owns Colorado Rapids in the MLS, the Denver Nuggets in the NBA, Colorado Avalanche in the NHL and the NFL champions the Los Angeles Rams among others, is also understood to have explored the possibility of acquiring clubs in Brazil, Belgium and Portugal. While Arsenal sources have played down any immediate plans, the club are believed to want to develop their existing links with the South American country in particular. Arsenal were cleared of improper dealings with the Belgian club Beveren after a Fifa investigation in 2006 – before Kroenke’s involvement.

Liverpool’s owner, Fenway Sports Group, owns baseball’s Boston Red Sox, Pittsburgh Penguins from the NHL and last year sold a large stake to RedBird Capital – the company that acquired the Italian champions Milan in August for Ł1.1bn and has an 85% stake in Toulouse. It is understood that FSG would like to add to that stable. A spokesperson for FSG declined to comment.

The possibility of helping players from weaker leagues to become eligible for work permits in the UK by using their network is another major factor for the growing interest in the multi-club model, the introduction of Governing Body Endorsement (GBE) rules after Brexit having made the process much more complicated for Premier League clubs. According to a study by the Athletic, nine Premier League clubs – Arsenal, Brentford, Brighton, Crystal Palace, Leicester, Manchester City, Nottingham Forest, Southampton and West Ham – have, between them, ties to 25 clubs in Europe and further afield.

Uefa regulations bar entry to European competition to clubs that “hold or deal in the securities or shares of any other club participating”, although this does not apply if a person with a 100% shareholding in one club has a “non-decisive influence” shareholding in another club in the same competition.

“We’re going to be continuously adding resources” Boehly told the Salt Conference earlier this month. “We’ve talked about having a multi-club model. I would love to continue to build out the footprint. There’s different countries where there’s advantages to having a club. Red Bull does a really good job at Leipzig and at Salzburg, both of which are playing in the Champions League, so they’ve figured out how to make that work. You have Man City that has a very big network of clubs.”

He added: “I think the challenge that Chelsea has now, or one of them, is that when you have 18-, 19-, 20-year-old superstars, you can loan them out to other clubs but you put their development in someone else’s hands. I think that our goal is to make sure we can show pathways for our young superstars to get on to the Chelsea pitch while getting them real game time. To me the way to do that is through another club somewhere in a really competitive league in Europe.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/sep/28/chelsea-arsenal-and-liverpool-all-hope-to-become-multi-club-networks
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1609 on: September 29, 2022, 10:09:53 am »
Liverpool FC and Coca-Cola become official partners.

Liverpool FC and Coca-Cola are delighted to come together as official partners, uniting two of the world's most iconic brands.

The long-term partnership will see LFC and Coca-Cola provide fans of the club’s men’s and women’s teams with magical matchday experiences, unique money-can’t-buy moments and limited-edition merchandise prizes.

The partnership is built on Coca-Cola’s rich heritage of supporting football from grassroots level to the world stage and comes at a pivotal moment in the sporting calendar, just ahead of the 2022 FIFA World Cup.

Coca-Cola is the latest globally recognised brand to join Liverpool FC’s growing family of official partners.

Ben Latty, commercial director at Liverpool FC, said: “We are delighted to have Coca-Cola join our family of official partners. We’re really excited to grow this partnership together and we extend a very warm welcome to Anfield to Coca-Cola.

“We understand the vital importance of teaming up with a like-minded brand and using our combined reach in positive ways.

“Liverpool FC and Coca-Cola are two iconic global brands working together to bring magical experiences and unique money-can’t-buy moments to fans.

“The ambition with all of our partnerships is to work with the most inspiring and innovative brands in the world and Coca-Cola fits this ambition in every way.”

Michael Willeke, integrated marketing experience director, Europe, Coca-Cola, said: “Having been an integral part of the football matchday for decades, we are excited to offer fans the chance to enjoy incredible experiences and unique moments at home, at bars and restaurants and in the stadiums as part of our new campaign.

“Football has the power to bring people together and we cannot wait to reward fans across Europe with access to unforgettable moments and a host of benefits that only Coca-Cola can offer in collaboration with our partners.”

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/liverpool-fc-and-coca-cola-become-official-partners
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1610 on: September 29, 2022, 12:34:35 pm »
Where's the Coca-Cola money John?

Also them as the main sponsor on our kit would be great.  8)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1611 on: September 29, 2022, 12:42:58 pm »
Where's the Coca-Cola money John?

Also them as the main sponsor on our kit would be great.  8)
someone drank it all away. clearly.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #1612 on: September 29, 2022, 01:23:49 pm »
Pepsi is wank.  ;D
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1613 on: September 29, 2022, 01:34:11 pm »
Liverpool FC and Coca-Cola are two iconic global brands working together to bring magical experiences and unique money-can’t-buy moments to fans.
LOL

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1614 on: September 29, 2022, 01:35:40 pm »
Now I feel bad about never picking Coke when I've done the Pepsi Challenge.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1615 on: September 29, 2022, 01:45:44 pm »

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1616 on: September 29, 2022, 01:46:24 pm »
Pepsi is wank.  ;D

I thought it has been tasting a bit funny recently.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1617 on: September 29, 2022, 01:49:03 pm »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1618 on: September 29, 2022, 01:54:17 pm »

well that's thiago injured then - look at the angle of his leg.

bobby's teeth on the other hand are as bright as the coca-cola stripe.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1619 on: September 29, 2022, 01:56:42 pm »
Now I feel bad about never picking Coke when I've done the Pepsi Challenge.

You should anyway just for how rank Pepsi is
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1620 on: September 29, 2022, 01:58:56 pm »

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1621 on: September 29, 2022, 03:52:11 pm »
Is that just a test press relase or is it the real thing?

Suddenly I've got this urge to teach the world to sing...

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1622 on: September 29, 2022, 05:58:44 pm »
I'll have to learn to love enjoying some refreshing coke now and again then.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1623 on: September 29, 2022, 07:15:38 pm »
Robbie Fowler approves.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1624 on: September 29, 2022, 08:09:47 pm »
Eurgh, fucking hate Coca Cola.

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1625 on: September 29, 2022, 08:24:26 pm »
Robbie Fowler approves.
Cristiano Ronaldo does not

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1626 on: September 29, 2022, 09:09:18 pm »
Eurgh, fucking hate Coca Cola.

hate the Coke, don't hate the money...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #1627 on: September 29, 2022, 09:34:03 pm »
Statsbomb posted the videos from their conference, Spearman or LFC requested his be private which also explains why nobody posted about it. Oh well.....

Online anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #1628 on: September 29, 2022, 10:46:48 pm »
Does this mean they may start serving full fat coke now instead of the tasteless watered down sugarless variety?
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #1629 on: September 30, 2022, 07:12:37 pm »
Will Coke Cola become our new shirt sponsor

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1630 on: September 30, 2022, 07:15:11 pm »

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1631 on: September 30, 2022, 07:40:52 pm »

Silver away kit with Diet Coke nailed on.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1632 on: October 2, 2022, 01:01:59 pm »
Silver away kit with Diet Coke nailed on.

Then a black third with coke zero on it
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1633 on: October 2, 2022, 04:08:45 pm »
Not anytime soon since we renewed our partnership with SC.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1634 on: October 2, 2022, 04:12:03 pm »
Disgusting drink. Pepsi is superior, but they just had to go blue.

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1635 on: October 2, 2022, 04:12:52 pm »
hate the Coke, don't hate the money...

Not like Jurgen will see any of it…….

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1636 on: October 20, 2022, 11:25:50 pm »
John W. Henry with Mercedes F1 team principal Toto Wolff.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #1637 on: October 21, 2022, 12:20:33 am »

They have been shit this season also…..
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #1638 on: October 21, 2022, 12:05:21 pm »

Couldn't understand why Mr. Wolff was called Toto ("a small boy") then I saw the size of his feet.

Jesus. How does he not fall over?

Online Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1639 on: October 22, 2022, 03:59:11 pm »
Look at them smiling away when they ruined my weekend!