Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 757774 times)

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #2080 on: July 19, 2018, 12:49:14 pm »
Wonder if there's any chance of him doing a bit of coaching with the academy until he's ready to come back.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2081 on: July 19, 2018, 01:08:12 pm »
Stay strong Ox, have a speedy recovery and hopefully see you back raring to go for the 19-20 season.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2082 on: July 19, 2018, 01:13:04 pm »
Wonder if there's any chance of him doing a bit of coaching with the academy until he's ready to come back.

That would be great both for him and the academy.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2083 on: July 19, 2018, 01:54:01 pm »
such a morale downing news despite all the positivity on the transfer front.

was hoping he be the new signing come january. Get well soon enough. we will all be waiting.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2084 on: July 19, 2018, 01:57:35 pm »
such a morale downing news despite all the positivity on the transfer front.

I don't think it'll affect the team that much, Ox seems like a positive guy who won't let his injury affect his team mates too much, it's why he didn't want it to be public at the time. He's got world class support and will be working extremely hard to recover as well as possible.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #2085 on: July 19, 2018, 02:04:47 pm »
His photo after the CL final will stay with me forever. News that broke yesterday are just awful. Once he got going, he was very good for us last season. Fuck this.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2086 on: July 19, 2018, 02:31:12 pm »
His photo after the CL final will stay with me forever. News that broke yesterday are just awful. Once he got going, he was very good for us last season. Fuck this.

Sorry, what photo was this? Cheers in advance anyone who can help

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!
« Reply #2087 on: July 19, 2018, 04:37:17 pm »
Gutted for the lad. What an amazing player and fantastic guy he is...I sincerely hope he can FULLY recover from his injury and come back stronger than ever.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2088 on: July 19, 2018, 04:51:18 pm »
Gutted for him. Fingers crossed he comes back strong for 2019/20.

We need a big season from the newly skunk-haired llama. He can't bring Oxlade's dynamism of course, but he can provide the intelligent counter-pressing and overlaps in wide areas.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2089 on: July 19, 2018, 06:08:45 pm »
Excellent team spirit by Oxlade Chamberlain. Let us hope he will return as good as he was before he got injured.

However in the meantime we must sign a midfielder to replace him as it would appear that he will not be returning till next year. Keita and Fabinho were not signed for that purpose and Fekir has different attributes from Oxlade Chamberlain.

Have been reading reports that klopp signed shaq to do the OX's central midfield role this coming season.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2090 on: July 19, 2018, 06:17:59 pm »
Sorry, what photo was this? Cheers in advance anyone who can help

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2091 on: July 19, 2018, 06:23:09 pm »
Have been reading reports that klopp signed shaq to do the OX's central midfield role this coming season.

Interesting

Can you post these reports you've been reading?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2092 on: July 19, 2018, 06:47:01 pm »
God speed in your recovery, Alex.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2093 on: July 19, 2018, 07:02:21 pm »
Man...first time i've seen those pictures,they really speak for themselves as to how he felt. :-\

It feels a bit like when Lucas was injured,he was also playing the best football of his career,was a physical beast at the time and then it happened.
I really hope Alex pulls through this and the rehab goes well,however long it takes,with his teammates,coach and the fans supporting him he will do it.

YNWA

« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 07:04:08 pm by Tobelius »

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2094 on: July 19, 2018, 07:27:05 pm »
I never rated him at arsenal but he was transformed under Klopp.  Looked like a player who could lead the England team from the front.  Hope he comes back from this, it won't be easy :(

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2095 on: July 19, 2018, 07:33:16 pm »
Such a great guy. Hope he bounces back from it. Has all the personal attributes of a future captain.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2096 on: July 19, 2018, 08:05:26 pm »
Top lad.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #2097 on: July 19, 2018, 09:11:48 pm »
Excellent team spirit by Oxlade Chamberlain. Let us hope he will return as good as he was before he got injured.

However in the meantime we must sign a midfielder to replace him as it would appear that he will not be returning till next year. Keita and Fabinho were not signed for that purpose and Fekir has different attributes from Oxlade Chamberlain.

I remember Ox's game resembles a lot of Shaqiri's so maybe Shaq could be turned into a central midfielder? Pure pace and power.

Online fiveways

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2098 on: July 19, 2018, 09:50:03 pm »
blimey -first time Ive seen those photos of the final too - heartbreaking

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2100 on: July 20, 2018, 07:13:13 am »
Not only the team will miss his presence on the pitch, but in the dressing room, match interviews, traveling etc. He's very influential character.

I think i will stay out of this thread for a while ;(
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2101 on: July 20, 2018, 09:50:44 am »
Reckon we will see a lot of him next season. Klopp knows what a good person he is to have around the team. If it doesn't harm his rehab i expect him to travel with the team a lot.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2102 on: July 21, 2018, 07:35:06 am »
Brutal. What he can control, that first season in Liverpool colours, he's proven himself in every way possible. Not easy to leave the comfort zone of Wenger's Arsenal, to challenge yourself, and to succeed in your new role, he's done all that, he'll always have that, but what a sad end to it all. Nature of sport, anyone who's played youth football will have a story to tell of a few players who would've gone on to the very top had it not been for injury, at least Chamberlain had a career, may even still have one, even if it's likely to be at a lower level of performance.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2103 on: July 21, 2018, 09:16:14 am »
Hopefully, one day we will see the opposite of thos photos. That day might seem a long way of for him at the moment but Im sure he will get there with this club.

Imagine his smile when he lifts the European Cup. All the best, Alex.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2104 on: July 21, 2018, 10:37:57 am »
never saw these pics...heartbreaking..

quick recovery Ox...

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #2105 on: July 21, 2018, 01:19:10 pm »
Hopefully his song gets a few more airings this season.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2106 on: July 21, 2018, 01:33:36 pm »
http://www.latimes.com/sports/nba/la-sp-nba-playoffs-livingston-20180413-story.html

DO NOT LOOK IF YOU ARE SQUEAMISH!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/MHFs4a-Bb-c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/MHFs4a-Bb-c</a>

Nothing innocuous about this at all. It looks every single bit as bad as it was.
hes actually still in the nba but that massively changed him and probably cost him best part of $100m

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2107 on: July 21, 2018, 02:45:20 pm »
Not only the team will miss his presence on the pitch, but in the dressing room, match interviews, traveling etc. He's very influential character.

I think i will stay out of this thread for a while ;(

I think they'll still see him a lot, especially at Melwood and plenty of the injured players have gone to matches to watch the team.

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #2108 on: September 19, 2018, 12:54:57 pm »
Any updates on our man, going to be into the new year before he plays again?

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2109 on: September 19, 2018, 12:56:46 pm »

He's out for the season.

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #2110 on: September 19, 2018, 12:57:57 pm »
He's out for the season.

Yeah just read the thread like I should have done before I posted and seen the extent of it. Bugger.

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #2111 on: September 19, 2018, 12:58:32 pm »

No official updates but from what I've read about the type of injury he did it'll be unlikely to see him at all this season. 

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2112 on: September 20, 2018, 05:28:15 pm »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/317448-oxlade-chamberlain-injury-update-latest

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has reached a morale-boosting milestone in his rehabilitation by being able to pass a ball again.

The Liverpool midfielder is expected to miss the vast majority of 2018-19 due to the multiple knee ligament damage he sustained during last season's Champions League semi-final against AS Roma at Anfield.

However, during his special guest appearance on the latest edition of LFC Later, Oxlade-Chamberlain insisted he is ‘really positive’ regarding his recovery and revealed how being able to kick a ball again has lifted his spirits.

“It’s going well - very boring, very slow, very long, all the good stuff! But I’m making progress, which is obviously what we need. It’s just a long process and I just keep plugging away, but I’m in good spirits and I’m really positive about it,” the England international said.

“You just get into a routine [with] tunnel vision and keep going, setting yourself little goals and little things to achieve.

“I passed the ball the other day, not very well, but I started passing the ball and that was massive for me to be able to kick and know that my knee can kick a ball.

“Even though it was five yards, I’ve started working on stuff like that and it’s little wins like that that keep you going and keep you pushing forward to the next one.”

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2113 on: September 20, 2018, 07:40:36 pm »
Sad to say, the chances of him being back to his best are slender.  He’s had a very severe injury..

If he gets back anywhere near to his best, then it will be greatly against the odds :(
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2114 on: September 20, 2018, 07:43:27 pm »
Sad to say, the chances of him being back to his best are slender.  He’s had a very severe injury..

If he gets back anywhere near to his best, then it will be greatly against the odds :(

Let's let him get back on the pitch before we get too negative!

Offline Carlos Eunuch Alberto

• Only gets a godd rub-down by paying for it - then posts about it on RAWK cos he has no mates to tell.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yeezy Taught Me!!
« Reply #2115 on: September 20, 2018, 07:50:47 pm »
jusst imagine if we had him in our squad this year :(
Utd will win this no doubt about that,
I will happily cut my balls off and post them on here if they don't

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2116 on: September 20, 2018, 07:55:15 pm »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/317448-oxlade-chamberlain-injury-update-latest

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has reached a morale-boosting milestone in his rehabilitation by being able to pass a ball again.

The Liverpool midfielder is expected to miss the vast majority of 2018-19 due to the multiple knee ligament damage he sustained during last season's Champions League semi-final against AS Roma at Anfield.

However, during his special guest appearance on the latest edition of LFC Later, Oxlade-Chamberlain insisted he is ‘really positive’ regarding his recovery and revealed how being able to kick a ball again has lifted his spirits.

“It’s going well - very boring, very slow, very long, all the good stuff! But I’m making progress, which is obviously what we need. It’s just a long process and I just keep plugging away, but I’m in good spirits and I’m really positive about it,” the England international said.

“You just get into a routine [with] tunnel vision and keep going, setting yourself little goals and little things to achieve.

“I passed the ball the other day, not very well, but I started passing the ball and that was massive for me to be able to kick and know that my knee can kick a ball.

“Even though it was five yards, I’ve started working on stuff like that and it’s little wins like that that keep you going and keep you pushing forward to the next one.”

Good to see, it's a small step but it's still progress. Glad that he's being positive, which will help him massively with his recovery.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2117 on: September 20, 2018, 08:08:42 pm »
Cracking player and a cracking lad.  Wishing him all the best for a speedy recovery.  Hope he can feature in the CL final. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #2118 on: September 20, 2018, 08:14:01 pm »

Yeah it sounds horrible. And just when things picked up for him after that mediocre spell with Arsenal.

Still, I hope for a miracle. Oxo can make it :)

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2119 on: September 20, 2018, 08:57:42 pm »

No meniscus damage is the silver lining. My brother list 70% of his with a similar injury. That would be the end for a pro.
Would be great if the ox got back training this season. Hopefully available the next. He's still pretty young and Gomez must be somewhat of an inspiration.