Author Topic: 1st june - the alleged hicks veto has expired hasn't it?  (Read 95623 times)

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 1st june - the alleged hicks veto has expired hasn't it?
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2008, 04:12:17 pm »
So people are actually surprised that DIC may not be the perfect owners or that they have a penchant for throwing money around about as responsibly as Peter Risdale circa 2001?

God help this club...
Where did you get that?

Offline skidz73

• Kind Kenny... what a gent...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't Drink and Post.
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2008, 04:12:22 pm »
You guys just need to take a look at the city they are building, Dubai that is.

Specifically, the Sheikh in charge of DIC is the one personally responsible for what Dubai has become over the past 5 years or so.

He has progressed it into a cosmopolitan metropolis which is now regressing into an over-crowded, over-polluted, shallow resort, void of its own cultural identity. Its a shame because this place was tremendous at one point in time, but now it is gradually imploding.

There are no signs of stopping either, massive "breakthrough" developments are literally being signed on a DAILY basis.

I personally don't want that to happen to this club.

I could write on about this for a while, listing specifics if anyone is really interested.

And yet you claim DIC are seen to be a joke?
By the way, I should tell you that I haven’t had a chance to shower while making my way up here, my balls are extra vinegary.

Offline skidz73

• Kind Kenny... what a gent...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't Drink and Post.
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2008, 04:13:20 pm »
So people are actually surprised that DIC may not be the perfect owners or that they have a penchant for throwing money around about as responsibly as Peter Risdale circa 2001?

God help this club...

Jesus man. Get a grip.
By the way, I should tell you that I haven’t had a chance to shower while making my way up here, my balls are extra vinegary.

Online In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2008, 04:19:23 pm »
DIC arent just Parry-s  as you put it - well not according this article: http://www.eyeofdubai.com/v1/news/newsdetail-22045.htm
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 04:25:36 pm by Michael Osmann »
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline The_Last_Don

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2008, 04:24:57 pm »
I hoestly dont know what you're talking about, overcrowding  and pollution?? i've lived here in Dubai for the last 4 years and cannot fault any development of the country.  National identity? there are numerous programs that have promoted identity, various project on heritage and preservation have taken place and more yet to come.  Numerous organisations seeing the benfits of including Emirati's as part of their workforce.

In my opinion if LFC is taken over by DIC then if the rate of pace to be the biggest and the best takes little time i'm all for it, a club will never lose its identity or create pollution or congestion.  the Mancs have a global presence yet as a club they havent waivered.
I disagree with your statement regarding the board (bored?) room.  The aquisitions and investments made have all been success', that is the marker of a good boardroom, if they were hesitant and spent money willy nilly DIC would not even be in contention.

Another point is the following article, if the boardroom wasn't right neither would the company and its employees, have a read and make your own judgement, the benchmark in the article is not regional, its against the biggest and best organisations in the world (I don't think they are a bunch of Parry's!!):

http://www.gulfnews.com/business/Investment/10214559.html

DIC arent just Parry-s  as you put it - well not regarding this article: http://www.eyeofdubai.com/v1/news/newsdetail-22045.htm

apologies but the stuff i posted was gonna be hidden from the anti-dic camp

Offline jonnygeeart

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P L.F.C
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2008, 04:28:38 pm »
once again low post count and recent registration combine and make an anti-dic poster.Strange but true!

Offline Phoenix06

• Spreads bullshit more efficiently that the world's biggest muckspreader
  • Kopite
  • I want to be No.1
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2008, 04:30:31 pm »
"DIC was recently awarded MENA Private Equity Firm of the Year by Dow Jones Private Equity News in the 6th annual Awards for Excellence in Private Equity Europe 2008. " 

Bloody hell. That's outstanding.

I've seen the other article before. It does seem that whatever Sameer Al Ansari gets, it turns to gold.

If only Sheikh Mohammed bought us, and Al Ansari resigned to take the CEO post at Liverpool. Of course that would never happen. Why would you leave such a top job. Well then again, I would if it meant taking Liverpool back to the top.
Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum will own Liverpool FC.

He gets what he wants, and he'll do it the dirty way if he has to.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2008, 04:33:04 pm »
Ahhh the great mysteries and meanings of life.
What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
And when will that pair of fat fucker's do one?
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Online In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2008, 04:39:25 pm »

“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline flynnyyy

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2008, 04:44:43 pm »
African or European?
"We are focusing on supporting our manager"
women are totally insane, it's science.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2008, 04:50:00 pm »

The alleged veto is just that, alleged. Nobody has anything concrete to back this up. It's just another straw that fans (including myself) have been clutching at. The 2 tumours are not going anywhere, well Hicks isn't anyway. We're stuck with the twat and due to the credit crunch the next thing we'll hear about are more plans being submitted for a further downgrade on our stadium. I'm just dreading the thought that it will get even worse and we'll end up sharing with the Bitters, but that's on another thread.

Offline Phoenix06

• Spreads bullshit more efficiently that the world's biggest muckspreader
  • Kopite
  • I want to be No.1
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2008, 04:51:51 pm »
The alleged veto is just that, alleged. Nobody has anything concrete to back this up. It's just another straw that fans (including myself) have been clutching at. The 2 tumours are not going anywhere, well Hicks isn't anyway. We're stuck with the twat and due to the credit crunch the next thing we'll hear about are more plans being submitted for a further downgrade on our stadium. I'm just dreading the thought that it will get even worse and we'll end up sharing with the Bitters, but that's on another thread.

No one at the club has denied it.

A bit worrying that.
Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum will own Liverpool FC.

He gets what he wants, and he'll do it the dirty way if he has to.

Offline dmn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2008, 04:51:58 pm »
DIC arent just Parry-s  as you put it - well not according this article: http://www.eyeofdubai.com/v1/news/newsdetail-22045.htm
What part of this article is it that you think is relevant?

That their employees like them? I'm sure Parry loves to be paid lots by LFC to do nothing...
Or that they successfully bought Tussauds and sold it on for a huge profit "right away"?

Offline Red_in_Holland

• arl arse
  • Legacy Fan
  • Attack is the best defense.. btw we have both
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2008, 05:37:43 pm »
Nothing has been said, apart from some people stating they are talking..

We have fck all to go on, so apart from moaning about the agony of waiting, there is nothing much to say.

We hope they fuck off, we hope it doesn't take too long.. thats it.

I personally think if we don't hear anything by the end of June.. we won't be hearing anything till the re-financing comes around again.  Thats just my opinion.   If G+H stick to ludicrous demands, DIC will just wait until G+H are cornered and the price comes down.

Los Rojos Conquistadores
"It's good to have a challenge in training. If you play against one of the best strikers in the Premier League almost everyday, that can only help you when the game comes around each weekend."

Asked if he had worked out how to stop Torres, Hyypia added: "I'm working on it, I'm working on it.

Offline jonnygeeart

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P L.F.C
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2008, 05:59:16 pm »
what was i thinkin so after listening to the hicksivists i have seen my folly.How stupid of me to want dic to takeover.Who would want a cash rich success story run by a long standing lfc supporter when we should be getting behind our owner(cash poor) who has to give away  free tickets to one of his other franchises in order not to lose advertising revenues.He has surely learnt from his poor sports ownership history  how to make the lfc brand work and as we know lightening doesnt strike twice so there is no danger of doing a corinthians. There  really is no need to worry,cough
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 06:02:06 pm by jonnygeeart »

Offline The_Last_Don

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2008, 06:16:23 pm »
What part of this article is it that you think is relevant?

That their employees like them? I'm sure Parry loves to be paid lots by LFC to do nothing...
Or that they successfully bought Tussauds and sold it on for a huge profit "right away"?

Top 10 global employers, we're talking the best of the best organisations, remember our players, manager, groundstaff will be employees of any propective owner, i'm sure they'd be very happy knowing that the potential owners DIC will take their jobs seriously and have them treated well. 

Would you rather have a backstabbing asset stripper hicksy or an organisation that has proven itself with a number of stories and has won awards for being a good employer??  difficult one that!!

Offline dmn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2008, 06:48:32 pm »
Obviously it's difficult...

Because, everyone in the club would be employed by Liverpool FC, not by DIC.
The survey in the article is about the ~100 employees actually working in DIC with asset management etc. Those guys are happy with having DIC as their employer. Ie, it has **** all to do with Liverpool.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2008, 06:48:51 pm »
African or European?
I don't know.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline LFCLife4Life

• Anny Roader
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2008, 06:50:43 pm »
maybe this veto dont exsist but im hoping this silence is good news. i cant check for news anymore its takin over my life,
lets jus pray there talkin.
PS3 Id : Bowenarrow666, COD Legend

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2008, 08:01:37 pm »
Obviously it's difficult...

Because, everyone in the club would be employed by Liverpool FC, not by DIC.
The survey in the article is about the ~100 employees actually working in DIC with asset management etc. Those guys are happy with having DIC as their employer. Ie, it has **** all to do with Liverpool.

No, but it has something to do with DIC, potential new owners if they manage to oust Hicks.  It's obviously good PR for DIC, which is one piece of positive PR more than I've seen near Hicks.

Offline dmn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2008, 08:08:48 pm »
Well, the situation is that "all of a sudden" Dubai has found out that they have a ****load of money from oil that they need to invest, and they want to attract new employees from the very top firms in Europe/USA/Asia to manage their assets. So of course they do whatever they can to market themselves as a good employer.
Further, I really have to say, "shocking news: paper from Dubai writes that Dubai is good".

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2008, 08:17:10 pm »
Nothing has been said, apart from some people stating they are talking..

We have fck all to go on, so apart from moaning about the agony of waiting, there is nothing much to say.

We hope they fuck off, we hope it doesn't take too long.. thats it.

I personally think if we don't hear anything by the end of June.. we won't be hearing anything till the re-financing comes around again.  Thats just my opinion.   If G+H stick to ludicrous demands, DIC will just wait until G+H are cornered and the price comes down.

I just hope we don't have to wait until the re-financing comes around. If that day comes and G&H haven't sold then there is a good chance they will downgrade again and start building the stadium. This stadium will probably be with us the rest of our lives so there will be no going back once it's started. I'm worried that we will end up with a cheap version of a stadium and a second class team.

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2008, 08:21:50 pm »
I just hope we don't have to wait until the re-financing comes around. If that day comes and G&H haven't sold then there is a good chance they will downgrade again and start building the stadium. This stadium will probably be with us the rest of our lives so there will be no going back once it's started. I'm worried that we will end up with a cheap version of a stadium and a second class team.

To go with a cheap version of an owner and a second class co-owner who don't speak to each other.

I really do feel that it just can't go on like that and something will have to give somewhere.
Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2008, 08:58:52 pm »
Well, the situation is that "all of a sudden" Dubai has found out that they have a ****load of money from oil that they need to invest, and they want to attract new employees from the very top firms in Europe/USA/Asia to manage their assets. So of course they do whatever they can to market themselves as a good employer.
Further, I really have to say, "shocking news: paper from Dubai writes that Dubai is good".

I haven't read your previous posts, but are you against DIC, and would prefer Hicks?

Anyway, the article isn't simply DIC promoting itself as best employer.  It was as a result of independent research carried out by an international organisation.  DIC is ranked in the top 10 percentile against regional and global benchmarks.  It wasn't conducted as a result of the sheikh popping an employee questionnaire in internal post.

So in your view the primary reason behind the news was to enable DIC to recruit top employees from around the globe?  mmmm.  Looks like they're doing ok with existing employees.

DIC has 'all of a sudden' got money to invest?  I don't think they've ever lacked capital to invest.  Riches aren't particularly recent.

Offline dmn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2008, 09:32:53 pm »
I haven't read your previous posts, but are you against DIC, and would prefer Hicks?
Aha, another one of those who have forgot that we have two owners?

I'm against the current overview structure, as it's obvious that G&H can't cooperate.
Unfortunately, since everyone here is spamming each topic with "Hicks is a fat c*nt" and that's about as enlightened as the press seems to be:
I have no ****ing idea what the actual disagreements between G&H are, which are of such magnitude that they can't run the club together. But for some strange reason, nobody seems to care about that. And until I actually know what their opinions and plans are, I can't judge if one of them could be a good enough owner - Although it also seems clear that none of them has near enough money to be sole owners.

DIC on the other hand - I'm sorry, but I have a whole book full of questions for these guys that I'd want some answers to before I welcome them. Unfortunately, 95% of the community seems overwhelmed of their dreams about becomming Chelsea mk2 and buying 10 new superstars, and as such don't care about finding out anything about Dubai.

And for example, these dreams result in that people even distort a newsitem from "DIC is a top 10 percentile employer" into something completely different.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 09:43:02 pm by dmn »

Offline Ravenite

• Main Stander
  • Pride
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2008, 09:40:21 pm »
Sorry guys, I didn't mean to annoy anyone..I was just intending to discuss that their is more to a cash cow than what may be apparent.

We are all too strung up and tense, and as a collective fan base anything may set us off.

I apologize for giving the wrong impressions as I am here to make friends and follow our team. I just thought that I might give a different perspective on things since my family has been based in the United Arab Emirates since the seventies.

I would also like to mention that I can not stand the yanks.

Xbox One: McCare

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2008, 10:25:09 pm »

I'm against the current overview structure, as it's obvious that G&H can't cooperate.
Unfortunately, since everyone here is spamming each topic with "Hicks is a fat c*nt" and that's about as enlightened as the press seems to be:
I have no ****ing idea what the actual disagreements between G&H are, which are of such magnitude that they can't run the club together. But for some strange reason, nobody seems to care about that. And until I actually know what their opinions and plans are, I can't judge if one of them could be a good enough owner - Although it also seems clear that none of them has near enough money to be sole owners.

DIC on the other hand - I'm sorry, but I have a whole book full of questions for these guys that I'd want some answers to before I welcome them. Unfortunately, 95% of the community seems overwhelmed of their dreams about becomming Chelsea mk2 and buying 10 new superstars, and as such don't care about finding out anything about Dubai.

And for example, these dreams result in that people even distort a newsitem from "DIC is a top 10 percentile employer" into something completely different.

You're right in many ways, none of us who want G&H out know enough about Dubai to be able to welcome them with open arms, but we do know that our present owners have lied and lied and do not have the money to be able to take us to the heights we expected when they took over. The facts are that they misled us about the debt, they misled us about Rafa, they misled us about the stadium and they still haven't put the famous spade in the ground yet.
What we are thinking is that DIC do have the money or the backing to carry out their promises. I don't believe for one minute that they will keep going back on their word like the 2 yanks have. No one who knows what Dubai have done over the last 10 years would believe that the credit crunch would make them downgrade the stadium for example. At the end of the day we don't care where our owners come from as long as they keep their word and keep our traditions and get us back where we belong, at the top. Many of us think that there is more chance of this happening with Dubai than there is with G&H.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2008, 10:42:04 pm »
personally, id like to see the sharelfc thing take off.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2008, 11:04:22 pm »
You're right in many ways, none of us who want G&H out know enough about Dubai to be able to welcome them with open arms, but we do know that our present owners have lied and lied and do not have the money to be able to take us to the heights we expected when they took over. The facts are that they misled us about the debt, they misled us about Rafa, they misled us about the stadium and they still haven't put the famous spade in the ground yet.
What we are thinking is that DIC do have the money or the backing to carry out their promises. I don't believe for one minute that they will keep going back on their word like the 2 yanks have. No one who knows what Dubai have done over the last 10 years would believe that the credit crunch would make them downgrade the stadium for example. At the end of the day we don't care where our owners come from as long as they keep their word and keep our traditions and get us back where we belong, at the top. Many of us think that there is more chance of this happening with Dubai than there is with G&H.

Well said,mate,I don't thimk I've seen this more simply and aptly put.

100% in agreement.
Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2008, 11:17:46 pm »

Fair enough.  But DIC would have to go some to sink lower than what we're currently stuck with.  When you're at rock bottom the only way is up.

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2008, 11:32:14 pm »
30 minutes to go i'm hoping for a skysports breaking news headline of DIC buyout Gillette!!!!
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2008, 11:34:30 pm »
30 minutes to go i'm hoping for a skysports breaking news headline of DIC buyout Gillette!!!!

Now there would be some wet dreams tonight if that happened  ;)

Offline Kopper

• Anny Roader
« Reply #72 on: June 1, 2008, 12:02:21 am »
BOOM?

Offline grobb

• Main Stander
« Reply #74 on: June 1, 2008, 12:29:44 am »
ah sht still haven't recovered from my hick-ups
hick-up
any suggestions for remedies any one!!!

hick-up

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #75 on: June 1, 2008, 12:38:15 am »
It's not 1st June in America yet...
But, let's be honest, it ain't happening yet :(

Offline Oingy Boingy

• Bisquitts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: June 1, 2008, 12:52:13 am »
sick of this and sick of reading the same sort of posts from the same people.....harsh but true
Indeed...

Offline arl joe

• Kemlynite
« Reply #77 on: June 1, 2008, 01:09:33 am »
When is the re-financing due to happen , again? Was it October?

I'm running out of straws to clutch at here.

Offline sunny_LFC

• Internet Terrorist
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: June 1, 2008, 01:19:56 am »
bet there is no 90 days clause, these 2 are so thick they probably never thought it would or could end up like this or had/ have the business sense to protect themselves

feels like we'll just stay in limbo like this

sad but feels inevitable
Quote from: liverpoolway forum user
They lock everything on RAWK, unless it's some long winded, pretentious 'tactical' assessment or a pithy in joke from one of their mates.
"my secretary Sheila said to me that the ball had crossed the line,  that was good enough for me"

Offline Zach2k

• Main Stander
« Reply #79 on: June 1, 2008, 01:30:20 am »
bet there is no 90 days clause, these 2 are so thick they probably never thought it would or could end up like this or had/ have the business sense to protect themselves

If they didnt think it'd end up like this they wouldnt have put the 'first rights' or 'veto' option on each other...

You know what reading all the crap on various forums its difficult to know who to trust.

I'd at least be a little happy if we had more than 0 pence to spend. Is this why we sold out to the fucking yanks for? I mean I bet Moores could've got stadium money from loans and if he'd gone down that route he'd atleast invest more than a free transfer in the team.

I just cant believe we're skint after selling the 'family silver'.

And I just dont want to even think how we're seen from outside. From a model club to a model circus. Sometimes I feel so sick. Goodnight.