Author Topic: 1st june - the alleged hicks veto has expired hasn't it?  (Read 95615 times)

royhendo

1st june - the alleged hicks veto has expired hasn't it?
« on: May 31, 2008, 07:32:49 am »
?

I take it the three parties are still in talks?

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 1st june - the alleged hicks veto has expired hasn't it?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 07:34:52 am »
Must be still in talks, as I don't think Hicks would be shy if it came to announcing his purchase of Gillett's share.

*fingers crossed*

*sighs*

Offline 4H_Poker

• Anny Roader
  • Lost - but making good time !
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 08:01:14 am »
In before the lock !!!  ;D

Seriously .. I'm surprised at how quiet it has become.

Hopefully good news, and he is busy agreeing the terms of sale. :)

Although things have gone really quiet about anything Hicks over here lately ... nothing further about Glory park  ... nothing.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 08:04:31 am by 4H_Poker »
YNWA

Offline chanti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 08:01:46 am »
hope so in freezing hell, they still need to talk

Offline Life

• goes on.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 08:07:07 am »
I guess there'll be a few people wondering the same, so don't see why this should be locked.

Does anyone know where that end of May thing came from?  Seems like it was total bollocks in retrospect.
"Why should they be used in any other way? It wouldn'a be fair for one thing. Natural ability is far too precious tae be messed about wi'."

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 08:18:30 am »
im not sure but i think it was something to do with a standard 90 day thing. maybe one of our financial bods can shed some light on these kinda things
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Sinos

• itis
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 08:24:19 am »
I guess there'll be a few people wondering the same, so don't see why this should be locked.

Does anyone know where that end of May thing came from? Seems like it was total bollocks in retrospect.

Oliver Kay.
My ass cheeks clapped together louder than an excited Latino man with maracas... I had just laid the mightiest fudge dragon ever known to mankind in its very own water bath.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/tybuq/did_you_ever_think_you_were_going_to_die_from_a/

Offline tamimio

• Legacy Fan
  • Just blaze!
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 08:34:20 am »
Technically, Hicks still has till midnight to counter DIC's offer... That's if this 90 day thing was true to begin with...

Offline pragmatic

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2008, 08:36:35 am »
"There had been hopes that the expiry of pre-emption rights this month would allow Hicks' co-owner George Gillett to sell his shares to DIC. But an administrative oversight on Gillett's part appears to have prevented that"

Im not 100% sure of the source sorry, but taken in context from lfcreds. Im not sure what this could mean to be honest, but from what Im reading if Hicks doesnt start work on the new stadium in October this could add pressure aswell as his own bankers who may well force his hand. For the want of repeating myself which I have done on numerous boards this whole fiasco will end in court. And when we are the laughing stock of the media once again we know who to blame for bringing these pair of twats in, dont we Mr Parry   :tosser
Football is a game in which a handful of fit men run around for one and a half hours watched by millions of people who could really use the exercise.`

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2008, 08:49:10 am »
Technically, Hicks still has till midnight to counter DIC's offer... That's if this 90 day thing was true to begin with...

Really?
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline chanti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2008, 08:54:26 am »
thru all this uncertainty , the scum utd win the double.

life just sucks sometime.

Offline Red_Pie_At_Night

• Main Stander
    • Liverpool & Wigan Web Design
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2008, 09:13:14 am »
thru all this uncertainty , the scum utd win the double.

life just sucks sometime.

You cant say that about RAWK staff, thats just rude!  :o

Offline skidz73

• Kind Kenny... what a gent...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't Drink and Post.
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2008, 09:14:46 am »
?

Weren't there reports saying actually Gillett cocked something up and so iit won't expire until October?
By the way, I should tell you that I haven’t had a chance to shower while making my way up here, my balls are extra vinegary.

Offline Walter Sobchak

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Calmer than you are
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2008, 09:30:52 am »
today is the 31st may

Offline t0m

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • I hate Man u
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2008, 09:37:25 am »
?

LMAO ITS THE 31/5/08
Follow me on twitter STAR_LFC

royhendo

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2008, 09:38:18 am »

Offline jonnygeeart

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P L.F.C
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2008, 09:43:52 am »

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2008, 09:47:15 am »
LOL - doh!
Dear Santa, this year as well as me having a chocolate advent calender, could i get a Cats pllaying calender off you please please please please. Ive have been a very good boy, even my mummy says so.
I will leave a carrot out for Rudolph.

royhendo
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline WizardGarcia

• Main Stander
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2008, 09:48:09 am »
Yeh, apparently, Gillette fucked up big time and did not notify Fat Fuck correctly. This meant the 90 day period would have to start again as I understand - if this is true then we are looking at August/Sept. Then again, this could all be another load of media bollocks. We just have to hope the fat twat's bankers put severe pressure on him to sell up.

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2008, 10:51:25 am »
As far as I'm aware no-one has actually been able to categorically confirm or deny the 90-day thingy which I think was first suggested by Oliver Kay in The Times.

However a few respected posters on the various LFC forums have suggested that talks are either taking place now or will be re-starting very soon.

Make of it what you will.
Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2008, 11:02:32 am »
Yeh, apparently, Gillette fucked up big time

Yeah, he's a real amateur businessman, barely worth a penny and would have had no idea how to go about it ::)
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline coffeehead

• A Lack Of Real Spice In His Life
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2008, 12:49:38 pm »
Yeah, he's a real amateur businessman, barely worth a penny and would have had no idea how to go about it ::)
He's been bankrupt before and I don't think he's been involved in this sort of partnership before, so perhaps it was all new to him :)

Besides, not all businessmen are intelligent. many are just lucky or ruthless or relentless or any combination thereof.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2008, 01:00:19 pm »
Is it still 6 weeks?

;D

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
    • Footy fans
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2008, 01:07:53 pm »
Besides, not all businessmen are intelligent. many are just lucky or ruthless or relentless or any combination thereof.

That part is true. However, there's another, far more logical explanation for the 90 day rule not having been triggered when it should have been.

And it involves Gillett being relentless and ruthless, and not necessarily intelligent.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 01:09:49 pm by -HH- »

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2008, 01:16:33 pm »
That part is true. However, there's another, far more logical explanation for the 90 day rule not having been triggered when it should have been.

And it involves Gillett being relentless and ruthless, and not necessarily intelligent.
I thought the 90 day rule was triggered by Gillett accepting to sell his share of the 400m bid from DIC. Is he still negotiating?

Offline jonnygeeart

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P L.F.C
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2008, 01:17:46 pm »

add liar and you are describin our other owner T(wat)Hicks

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
    • Footy fans
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2008, 01:36:14 pm »
I thought the 90 day rule was triggered by Gillett accepting to sell his share of the 400m bid from DIC. Is he still negotiating?

I have no idea what he's doing now. Had one mention from someone that he's no longer an obstacle but not 100% convinced myself. I think he remained an obstacle when the 90 day thing was first mentioned.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2008, 01:39:07 pm »
I think the key is in the title... "alleged".

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2008, 01:40:09 pm »
Well it's definitely all gone quiet - whether that's a good or bad thing I don't know.
JFT97

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2008, 01:44:54 pm »

Mt brother in law has just been in Dubai on business last week, and was telling me a story about a new development in Dubai being proposed.

Apparently the planners and architects came up with a stunning design for this development, and in a meeting with the Sheikh suggested that it would take 5 years to finish.

The Shiekh said that is not on, and asked what it would take to get it done in one year. Planners said it wasn't possible, and the Sheikh replied get it done in one year, regardless of cost. Not possible replied the planners. Next thing, 1000s of Indians got employed to get it done in a year.

Not sure about specifics, but I liked the story.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Robbies5th

• Anny Roader
  • Wearing my cranky pants
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2008, 02:21:18 pm »
He's been bankrupt before and I don't think he's been involved in this sort of partnership before, so perhaps it was all new to him :)

Mate you'd barely find a successful businessman that HASN'T been bankrupt a few times
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2008, 02:50:52 pm »

Does anyone know where that end of May thing came from?  Seems like it was total bollocks in retrospect.

That was the rumour, however, I tracked it very closely at the time, and never quite got where that date came from.

The rumour was always of a 90 time limit for Hicks to match DIC's offer.

DIC's offer was made available to Hicks shortly before Hicks went to dubai to meet them.

Taking that date - the 90 days would be due to expire, give or take a day either side (and it's been ringed on my calender since the time) on the 19th June
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline Ravenite

• Main Stander
  • Pride
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2008, 03:25:38 pm »

Mt brother in law has just been in Dubai on business last week, and was telling me a story about a new development in Dubai being proposed.

Apparently the planners and architects came up with a stunning design for this development, and in a meeting with the Sheikh suggested that it would take 5 years to finish.

The Shiekh said that is not on, and asked what it would take to get it done in one year. Planners said it wasn't possible, and the Sheikh replied get it done in one year, regardless of cost. Not possible replied the planners. Next thing, 1000s of Indians got employed to get it done in a year.

Not sure about specifics, but I liked the story.

I live in Dubai and have been for a long, long time.

That story you tell is the very norm here. When a sheikh wants something done, wether it be modifying a car or building property on land it will be done at all costs. There are no limits here. The only thing that we have to worry about if DIC do become the eventual owners of LFC, is their bubble bursting.

From business/investment insiders very high up (my brother being one of them), DIC is a bit of an internal joke. In the sense of how they are run, how they approach and proceed with their investments. In other words, you can liken them to Rick Parry to some extent.

The other potential problem lies in their boredom. People with a lot of money get bored very quickly and are quite indecisive.

We should all be very aware of the potential consequences of all of his riches, and I'm not saying that DIC will represent a bad tenure at the helm. I'm just saying that we should be a little cautious.

At the risk of rambling on, there is a further point to look at. If DIC do take us on, and start fucking things up. Well, our protests in numbers will make a huge difference. Locals here are building for the future through tourism because eventually the oil will run out. That basically means that they are very (Globally) politically correct in their actions and methods. So if they step on our toes then they will be very careful about it and will want to rectify the situation as effectively as possible.
Xbox One: McCare

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2008, 03:28:56 pm »

That story you tell is the very norm here. When a sheikh wants something done, wether it be modifying a car or building property on land it will be done at all costs. There are no limits here. The only thing that we have to worry about if DIC do become the eventual owners of LFC, is their bubble bursting.

From business/investment insiders very high up (my brother being one of them), DIC is a bit of an internal joke. In the sense of how they are run, how they approach and proceed with their investments. In other words, you can liken them to Rick Parry to some extent.

The other potential problem lies in their boredom. People with a lot of money get bored very quickly and are quite indecisive.

We should all be very aware of the potential consequences of all of his riches, and I'm not saying that DIC will represent a bad tenure at the helm. I'm just saying that we should be a little cautious.

At the risk of rambling on, there is a further point to look at. If DIC do take us on, and start fucking things up. Well, our protests in numbers will make a huge difference. Locals here are building for the future through tourism because eventually the oil will run out. That basically means that they are very (Globally) politically correct in their actions and methods. So if they step on our toes then they will be very careful about it and will want to rectify the situation as effectively as possible.

That is scary. :o
Y.N.W.A.

Offline flynnyyy

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2008, 03:36:27 pm »

a bit worryin

makes me feel a bit better!
"We are focusing on supporting our manager"
women are totally insane, it's science.

Offline Ravenite

• Main Stander
  • Pride
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2008, 03:43:11 pm »
You guys just need to take a look at the city they are building, Dubai that is.

Specifically, the Sheikh in charge of DIC is the one personally responsible for what Dubai has become over the past 5 years or so.

He has progressed it into a cosmopolitan metropolis which is now regressing into an over-crowded, over-polluted, shallow resort, void of its own cultural identity. Its a shame because this place was tremendous at one point in time, but now it is gradually imploding.

There are no signs of stopping either, massive "breakthrough" developments are literally being signed on a DAILY basis.

I personally don't want that to happen to this club.

I could write on about this for a while, listing specifics if anyone is really interested.
Xbox One: McCare

Offline zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2008, 03:52:08 pm »
I could write on about this for a while, listing specifics if anyone is really interested.
I certainly am interested, if this is deemed the right place for it.

Offline The_Last_Don

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2008, 03:54:19 pm »
You guys just need to take a look at the city they are building, Dubai that is.

Specifically, the Sheikh in charge of DIC is the one personally responsible for what Dubai has become over the past 5 years or so.

He has progressed it into a cosmopolitan metropolis which is now regressing into an over-crowded, over-polluted, shallow resort, void of its own cultural identity. Its a shame because this place was tremendous at one point in time, but now it is gradually imploding.

There are no signs of stopping either, massive "breakthrough" developments are literally being signed on a DAILY basis.

I personally don't want that to happen to this club.

I hoestly dont know what you're talking about, overcrowding  and pollution?? i've lived here in Dubai for the last 4 years and cannot fault any development of the country.  National identity? there are numerous programs that have promoted identity, various project on heritage and preservation have taken place and more yet to come.  Numerous organisations seeing the benfits of including Emirati's as part of their workforce.

In my opinion if LFC is taken over by DIC then if the rate of pace to be the biggest and the best takes little time i'm all for it, a club will never lose its identity or create pollution or congestion.  Manure have a global presence yet as a club they havent waivered.

Offline The_Last_Don

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2008, 03:59:21 pm »

I disagree with your statement regarding the board (bored?) room.  The aquisitions and investments made have all been success', that is the marker of a good boardroom, if they were hesitant and spent money willy nilly DIC would not even be in contention.

Another point is the following article, if the boardroom wasn't right neither would the company and its employees, have a read and make your own judgement, the benchmark in the article is not regional, its against the biggest and best organisations in the world (I don't think they are a bunch of Parry's!!):

http://www.gulfnews.com/business/Investment/10214559.html

Offline Robbies5th

• Anny Roader
  • Wearing my cranky pants
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2008, 04:07:30 pm »
So people are actually surprised that DIC may not be the perfect owners or that they have a penchant for throwing money around about as responsibly as Peter Risdale circa 2001?

God help this club...
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."