Author Topic: SPOILERS The Chainless Game of Thrones and House of the Dragon Discussion  (Read 1044967 times)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Game of Thrones - The TV Show; Spoilers are Coming
« Reply #9560 on: July 18, 2017, 09:55:47 am »
I enjoyed it and look forward to next week but i have to say this season needs a major villain and quickly.

Ok Cersei looks like shes queen bitch as always but we really need a

Joffrey
Roose
Ramsay
Tywin Lannister
Walder Frey
Viserys Targaryen

All the super villains have gone.  Nothing better than a TV character that strikes the fear of god into you when they appear on screen as the characters i named above did.

Can't believe I'm saying this but Ed Sheeren didn't look out of place in his 2 minute cameo last night and he sort of has a medieval look about him and fits in in the world IMO.  Be nice if he was murdered in cold blood next week like which i suspect will happen.   The guard spinning the tale of his new born baby he hadn't yet seen, instantly sealed his and the other soldiers doom I reckon.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #9561 on: July 18, 2017, 10:02:10 am »
The only thing I hated about the episode like everyone else was Ed Sheeran I can't believe they did that it was so in your face, him singing a song and then saying its his new one.

If he doesn't get stabbed in the face next one I will be very disappointed.

Its not the Muppet show.
Did what? I don't understand the opprobrium being lumped on the lad. He's playing a soldier/bard...well he's already a bard in reality. It's not like they've asked him to replace Dinklage in the show.

I think people are being a tad too precious over what is a tv show after all. It's not like he's been asked to replace Mignolet
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #9562 on: July 18, 2017, 10:03:34 am »
I enjoyed it and look forward to next week but i have to say this season needs a major villain and quickly.

Joffrey
Roose
Ramsay
Tywin Lannister
Walder Frey
Viserys Targaryen

All the super villains have gone.  Nothing better than a TV character that strikes the fear of god into you when they appear on screen as the characters i named above did.

Can't believe I'm saying this but Ed Sheeren didn't look out of place in his 2 minute cameo last night and he sort of has a medieval look about him and fits in in the world IMO.  Be nice if he was murdered in cold blood next week like which i suspect will happen.   The guard spinning the tale of his new born baby he hadn't yet seen, instantly sealed his and the other soldiers doom I reckon.

That's Euron for now. Plus Littlefinger is possibly the biggest villain of the lot of them.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9563 on: July 18, 2017, 10:14:37 am »
That's Euron for now. Plus Littlefinger is possibly the biggest villain of the lot of them.

Yep, Euron is my hope to fill the void at this early stage in proceedings.

I agree Little finger is a slippery bastard but doesn't come close to the mean bastards above.  Its like I don't hate Baelish, i hated the fuckers in my list and they played their parts with aplomb.

ALso, Sansa could turn into a nasty bitch. Can't say I'd blame her after all the shit she's been through,

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9564 on: July 18, 2017, 10:22:38 am »
He could have told her at some point, it doesn't have to be the wedding night. There were x amount of years, after all.

And what promise to his sister? She did not ask him to keep the baby's identity secret, only to keep the baby safe. Again, if he wasn't a twat, he'd have told Cat, so she wouldn't have treated Jon like shit.

I guess if he'd told Caitlin, she might not have treated Jon like shit, and maybe some would have become suspicious he wasn't a bastard and there was more to the situation than met the eye?  Whereas if she was none the wiser and genuinely thought Jon was the bastard child of her husbands affair, then she wouldn't have had to have acted, and treated Jon like shit for real, which wasn't nice for the lad, but would mean his life was safer, as was Neds wife's life as she wasn't privvy to the secret.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9565 on: July 18, 2017, 10:24:57 am »
Nah there are loads of other giants.

Pretty sure they said he was the last one
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9566 on: July 18, 2017, 10:27:51 am »

Didn't Wun Wun go down at The 'Battle of the bastards'?

Sure he smashed through the Winterfell gates before going down in a hail of arrows.

I think the Giant with the White Walkers was a random giant who fell at Hardholme maybe?

Online Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #9567 on: July 18, 2017, 10:47:04 am »
Can't have been Wun Wun. He died at Winterfell and his body would have been burnt, I'd assume.

Online Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9568 on: July 18, 2017, 10:49:02 am »

I think you're right. So the White Walkers having three zombie giants doesn't really make much sense.

But, whatever, that's just the way the writing on this show has gone the last couple of seasons. Sloppy.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9569 on: July 18, 2017, 10:52:59 am »
Didn't Wun Wun go down at The 'Battle of the bastards'?

Sure he smashed through the Winterfell gates before going down in a hail of arrows.

I think the Giant with the White Walkers was a random giant who fell at Hardholme maybe?

I thought it was the giant who fell when the wildlings attacked the wall a few seasons back, certainly it looked like him, though it could've just been a random giant from years gone by.

I think you're right. So the White Walkers having three zombie giants doesn't really make much sense.

But, whatever, that's just the way the writing on this show has gone the last couple of seasons. Sloppy.

The giants could be from decades or even centuries ago, left dead and frozen in the ice until they were brought back by White Walkers.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 10:54:46 am by Schmidt »

Online Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9570 on: July 18, 2017, 10:59:18 am »

The giants could be from decades or even centuries ago, left dead and frozen in the ice until they were brought back by White Walkers.

I agree, that could be the explanation. Doesn't explain why we haven't seen them up until now though.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9571 on: July 18, 2017, 11:01:39 am »
I thought it was the giant who fell when the wildlings attacked the wall a few seasons back, certainly it looked like him, though it could've just been a random giant from years gone by.

Yep, sounds about right.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9572 on: July 18, 2017, 11:02:49 am »
I agree, that could be the explanation. Doesn't explain why we haven't seen them up until now though.

Have we necessarily seen their full army yet though?  We've only seen at least some of the army in two scenes from memory so far......might not have been the whole lot of them.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9573 on: July 18, 2017, 11:03:53 am »
What giant anyway lol, did I miss something?!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #9574 on: July 18, 2017, 11:06:41 am »
The only thing I hated about the episode like everyone else was Ed Sheeran I can't believe they did that it was so in your face, him singing a song and then saying its his new one.

If he doesn't get stabbed in the face next one I will be very disappointed.

Its not the Muppet show.

So hammy, so forced. Cringeiest of cringe filled scenes. I want Ari wearing his red hair as she lays waste to the other soldiers in the next episode.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9575 on: July 18, 2017, 11:12:15 am »

The White Walkers have been travelling around north of the wall for the entirety of the show, getting set up for war. Presumably they've spent a good deal of time looking for bodies to recover and reanimate, so they could've only found the giants recently. It's also possible they've been around but just not needed until the big march south.

What giant anyway lol, did I miss something?!

There was a shot of the White Walkers travelling with their Wight army and they had three giants among them.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9576 on: July 18, 2017, 11:26:37 am »
There was a shot of the White Walkers travelling with their Wight army and they had three giants among them.

Bastard

My fucking ASDA delivery came like two minutes into it, the sloppy fucker. Anything else happen around that sort of time?

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9577 on: July 18, 2017, 11:32:38 am »
Bastard

My fucking ASDA delivery came like two minutes into it, the sloppy fucker. Anything else happen around that sort of time?

I can't remember when it happened, just that it did. Nothing significant happened with the WW though, they just walked a bit like they usually do.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #9578 on: July 18, 2017, 11:43:11 am »
Not that arsed about Ed Sheeran....felt weird for all of 20 seconds then dismissed it. Didn't take specific notice to the top knot line? just thought it was funny

I liked the episode....seemed to get all the stories into place. Looking forward to the rest.
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9579 on: July 18, 2017, 11:50:57 am »
Not that arsed about Ed Sheeran....felt weird for all of 20 seconds then dismissed it. Didn't take specific notice to the top knot line? just thought it was funny

I liked the episode....seemed to get all the stories into place. Looking forward to the rest.

Yeah same, Sheeran broke the immersion a bit but otherwise it was really good, even if a lot of it was just reinforcing what all of the characters are up to.

For all the talk of a lack of allies and soldiers in the north I'm surprised Jon/Sansa haven't tried to contact any other kingdoms. Sansa in particular has a relationship with Olenna and a mutual hatred of the Lannisters that could be pretty useful.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9580 on: July 18, 2017, 12:03:11 pm »

Joffrey
Roose
Ramsay
Tywin Lannister
Walder Frey
Viserys Targaryen

The super villain is the the Night King. Roose/Ramsay/Walder were all part of the Northern storyline, there is no space left for human villains there because focus has shifted to the Night King and the white walkers. They need to really develop that now with just 12 episodes to go and really get us into it.

The Southerners are still playing dumb and concerning themselves with other humans but you'd imagine once Dany conquers King's Landing (and hopefully kills Cersei) that it will be a similar story there, and her and Jon will come together for the final season to take on the Walkers.

Online RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9581 on: July 18, 2017, 12:09:14 pm »
Thought it was a standard 1st episode of GoT... setting the theme somewhat and leaving a bit of excitement for the next episode.

Not fussed about Ed Sheeran cameo, it had been muted for a while considering that he's a massive GoT geek, and in particular Arya Stark is a massive fan of his. Certainly didn't spoil the episode for me.

Can't wait for the whole ultimate fight off between the white walkers and those who realise the true danger from the North.

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9582 on: July 18, 2017, 12:21:45 pm »
I've spent the last few weeks re-watching the whole TV show from season 1.  I've been reading the World of Ice and Fire book (worth buying just for the illustrations), and I was sat watching this new episode dressed like Jon Snow with Longclaw in hand.  Ed Sheeran still managed to rip me out of Westeros in 20 seconds.  I've never known immersion to be destroyed quite like it.  I was probably just about getting back into it towards the end of the episode - Dragonstone looked incredible the way it was shot.

Arya ending House Frey was perfect.  It's fitting for House Frey and House Bolton to be no more.  I hope the same thing happens to House Lannister of course, but I've got a feeling Jaime is going to survive (unfortunately). He inexplicably isn't on Arya's list for a start!

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #9583 on: July 18, 2017, 12:27:48 pm »
He could have told her at some point, it doesn't have to be the wedding night. There were x amount of years, after all.

And what promise to his sister? She did not ask him to keep the baby's identity secret, only to keep the baby safe. Again, if he wasn't a twat, he'd have told Cat, so she wouldn't have treated Jon like shit.

As Lyanna lies dying after childbirth, she whispers this to Ned: "If Robert finds out, he'll kill him, you know he will. You have to protect him. Promise me, Ned. Promise me." The "Robert" she speaks of is Robert Baratheon - to whom she was originally betrothed - and is now the King of Westeros (since Ned and Robert have just defeated her real love, Rhaegar Targayen, on the battlefield). Rhaegar stole her heart from Robert - setting off the uprising known as Robert's Rebellion and leading to the events of A Game of Thrones.

Since Jon Snow is a Targaryen, he is a threat to any ruler who sits on the Iron Throne, and even has precedence over his aunt, Daenerys Targaryen - who Robert still wanted dead 15 or so years later - despite her being only a powerless child at that time... So even Ned's allies would want Jon, a Targaryen, dead.

Given what Ned and his family had been through, the lay of the land at the time, followed the surprising encounter with his sister on her deathbed - he came up with a plan which seemed to make the best of the situation he could at the time - of course, not ideal. He could have told Catelyn years later after they had grown to love each other - but why risk Jon's life and that of his family and even the kingdom - in another long and bloody war - if that had somehow slipped out?

One man's 'shame' in people thinking he fathered a bastard - and one woman's scorn towards Jon for being that bastard (and in doing so deflected away questions of Jon's true parentage) - was the price Ned probably thought was worth it.

So Ned is hardly being 'a twat' here - as promised to Lyanna - he is keeping Jon safe as he can...

« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 12:37:08 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9584 on: July 18, 2017, 12:56:17 pm »
As Lyanna lies dying after childbirth, she whispers this to Ned: "If Robert finds out, he'll kill him, you know he will. You have to protect him. Promise me, Ned. Promise me." The "Robert" she speaks of is Robert Baratheon - to whom she was originally betrothed - and is now the King of Westeros (since Ned and Robert have just defeated her real love, Rhaegar Targayen, on the battlefield). Rhaegar stole her heart from Robert - setting off the uprising known as Robert's Rebellion and leading to the events of A Game of Thrones.

Since Jon Snow is a Targaryen, he is a threat to any ruler who sits on the Iron Throne, and even has precedence over his aunt, Daenerys Targaryen - who Robert still wanted dead 15 or so years later - despite her being only a powerless child at that time... So even Ned's allies would want Jon, a Targaryen, dead.

Given what Ned and his family had been through, the lay of the land at the time, followed the surprising encounter with his sister on her deathbed - he came up with a plan which seemed to make the best of the situation he could at the time - of course, not ideal. He could have told Catelyn years later after they had grown to love each other - but why risk Jon's life and that of his family and even the kingdom - in another long and bloody war - if that had somehow slipped out?

One man's 'shame' in people thinking he fathered a bastard - and one woman's scorn towards Jon for being that bastard (and in doing so deflected away questions of Jon's true parentage) - was the price Ned probably thought was worth it.

So Ned is hardly being 'a twat' here - as promised to Lyanna - he is keeping Jon safe as he can...
Exactly.

Ned is often decried for being naive, for being honourable but stupid - but this act of silence and self-sacrifice (causing him marital and familial strife for something he didn't actually do) has possibly helped save the Seven Kingdoms by allowing Jon Snow to live. It shows that Ned's honour was not for nothing, he had a reason for doing it and should be commended for his foresight.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9585 on: July 18, 2017, 01:04:42 pm »
Slow burner which is to be expected. Opening scene was strong, and I like anything with the Hound and Beric/Thoros. Ed Sheeran - why? What were they thinking? Can't even escape from this guy in Westeros. Hounds use of "top-knot" was really silly too. Hope the pace picks up next episode.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9586 on: July 18, 2017, 01:37:59 pm »
top knot line was so out of place.

fill under other tacky shit like 'bad pussy'
cyas

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9587 on: July 18, 2017, 01:38:26 pm »
A set up one but one I enjoyed for most part. Ed Sheeran thing wasn't a problem for me but I didn't enjoy that scene, felt the end scene was a little too slow.

Spoiler
I liked the Frey deaths but didn't guess the twist and it lacked the excellence of some of it's mass kill scenes, I liked Cersei's new map and Euron's promise of a gift, Samwell's scenes were nice but the "day day after day thing" dragged, the hound discovering the fire felt a bit rushed but enjoyed his relations with the two true belivers, the Winterfell scenes were fun. 
[close]

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #9588 on: July 18, 2017, 04:25:41 pm »

That price doesn't seem worth it to me. Cat would have kept the secret, I have doubt. She's not the sort to slip, anymore than Ned himself.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9589 on: July 18, 2017, 04:32:13 pm »
That price doesn't seem worth it to me. Cat would have kept the secret, I have doubt. She's not the sort to slip, anymore than Ned himself.

It's not just about her.

If she realised (or was told, as you want) Jon wasn't a bastard, she'd almost certainly treat him (and Ned) differently.

Even if just one of the kids noticed it, that she was treating him better than a bastard deserves, or not bothered that Ned had been unfaithful anymore, the news that he wasn't a bastard might get out, and then the questions about his parentage would begin.

Ned sacrifices his own honour to save his sister's kid (and without knowing it, the whole Seven Kingdoms, potentially)and while I agree that Catelyn is utterly trustworthy, its not just about keeping your mouth shut.

The way he did it was the most realistic way to get people to believe the child was his.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #9590 on: July 18, 2017, 05:00:19 pm »
Looks like I'm on my own ;D

Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9591 on: July 18, 2017, 05:31:04 pm »
What we thinking that might be then?

Someone suggested a possibility earlier in the thread and I tend to agree.

Tyrion's head

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9592 on: July 18, 2017, 05:33:34 pm »
doubt it.

He'll go and slaughter the rest of the sand snakes I assume, or the martells have a navy dont they?
cyas

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #9593 on: July 18, 2017, 05:36:48 pm »
doubt it.

He'll go and slaughter the rest of the sand snakes I assume, or the martells have a navy dont they?

I agree with the others.  He'll be after Tyrion, knowing how happy that would make Cersei.  Now, how successful that endeavour turns out to be? i guess we'll find out soon enough.
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9594 on: July 18, 2017, 05:48:15 pm »
Looks like I'm on my own ;D

Nah I completely agree; it just doesn't seem right that Ned wouldn't have told Cat years ago when you see how they are as a couple on the show.  And the reason is pretty clear to me - it's all to do with the fact that the actors playing Ned and Cat are a lot older than their counterparts in the book.  Sean Bean is over 50 at the time and Michelle Fairley only a few years younger.  In the book their characters are both at least 15 years younger.  And of course Ned said he would tell Jon about his mother next time they met, which will surely have meant telling Cat as well.  I could see Ned keeping the secret from her all through his twenties and part through his thirties, like in the book.  But not at 50.

So if when watching the show you think surely Ned would have told Cat 15 years ago, it's because that's exactly what the Ned who George R.R. Martin created would have done ;D

Not to say I criticise the casting choice.  Sean Bean and Michelle Fairley are fantastic as Ned and Cat besides from this slight faux pas.  I would not have wanted any 30-35 year old actors in their place, even if it would have been more true to the books!

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9595 on: July 18, 2017, 05:50:16 pm »
doubt it.

The Martells and the Sand Snakes have reached an alliance with the Tyrell's and Daenerys.

I think the Martells fleet is currently with Daenarys.  I assume that Olenna Tyrell, Ellaria Sand and her Snakes are still on Dorne

So yeah its a good shout,  Euron is off to Dorne to claim Cersi's gift.  She's got beefs with everyone there for sure.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9596 on: July 18, 2017, 05:52:28 pm »
Someone suggested a possibility earlier in the thread and I tend to agree.

Tyrion's head

Wouldn't mind that to be honest.

Or Sansas, if he fancies going that far.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9597 on: July 18, 2017, 05:58:16 pm »
Wouldn't mind that to be honest.

Or Sansas, if he fancies going that far.

I'd definitely take Sansa's head.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9598 on: July 18, 2017, 05:59:33 pm »
Isn't the gift going to be the dragon horn thingy?

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9599 on: July 18, 2017, 06:01:53 pm »
A set up one but one I enjoyed for most part. Ed Sheeran thing wasn't a problem for me but I didn't enjoy that scene, felt the end scene was a little too slow.

Spoiler
I liked the Frey deaths but didn't guess the twist and it lacked the excellence of some of it's mass kill scenes, I liked Cersei's new map and Euron's promise of a gift, Samwell's scenes were nice but the "day day after day thing" dragged, the hound discovering the fire felt a bit rushed but enjoyed his relations with the two true belivers, the Winterfell scenes were fun. 
[close]

The problem with the Frey scene is that we hadn't built up to a moment where we feel utter hatred for them at this point. If something like that happened a few episodes after RW then yes.

The Red Wedding feels so long ago that I'm not angered by the Freys at this point and so whilst their death was enjoyable it didn't have an emotional impact.

Still, it was a creative alternative to LSH.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."