Author Topic: The Daniel Sturridge  (Read 287845 times)

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
Re: The Daniel Sturridge
« Reply #640 on: August 13, 2018, 06:41:24 pm »
That is all we need from him this season. Come on at the end, score. job done. This could be a massive year for him and us. Sturridge fit and in this sort of form is wildly exciting.

We need more. Soon we'll be playing 3 games a week. If you play Salah, Manè and Firmino in all those games they'll be running on fumes as early as February. So the fringe will get enough games.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #641 on: August 13, 2018, 06:48:08 pm »
How confident are we that he gets a contract extension?

Fitness aside I would think that he gets a new one,drop in wages &/or a bigger percentage being in the form of bonuses.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #642 on: August 13, 2018, 07:20:50 pm »
We are in a good spot with Sturridge at the moment. He is fit and playing well. Long may it continue. He will get a few starts here and there, but mostly will be used to come on like yesterday to grab a goal while the others have a breather.

When it's time to renew his contract we will cross that bridge when we come to it. If he has another season where he misses most of the action due to being injured, I'm sure we will part company. If he does well and is available for most games, I'm sure we will be keen to talk. His leverage goes up and down accordingly and all parties know it. 

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #643 on: August 13, 2018, 09:17:34 pm »
Sadly for Dan, he has to be around for cameos and as a sub due to his injury record. :(
He'll get the odd run when Salah has a knock or needs a prolonged rest, but yeah..

That said- what a fucking sub!
Pay him. Pay him and keep him happy, because he's worth that money. The lad loves to score in the big games so he can hopefully help bag us a trophy or two.
We're at the stage where we can afford to have him waiting in the wings and on a decent salary.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #644 on: August 13, 2018, 10:47:09 pm »
He took a FIFA speed downgrade to 76 right in the nuts, and than a hard West Brom move right upside the head. He'll show up an hour early with his own pen to sign a new contract.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #645 on: August 14, 2018, 05:13:31 am »
Potentially the best loan ever for us!!!
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #646 on: August 14, 2018, 10:21:27 am »
Sturridge’s xG per 90 for the season is 68...  surely it’s time to listen to the underlying numbers and start him over Firmino

Offline TealC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #647 on: August 14, 2018, 11:18:22 am »
Sturridge’s xG per 90 for the season is 68...  surely it’s time to listen to the underlying numbers and start him over Firmino

Based on 1 game or 1 game and preaseason?

Its pretty early on to rely on numbers, no? 

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #648 on: August 14, 2018, 11:20:20 am »
Wouldn't mind seeing them both on the pitch
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #649 on: August 14, 2018, 11:22:12 am »

I don't think he was being entirely serious.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: August 14, 2018, 11:23:59 am »

A great point well made.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #651 on: August 14, 2018, 11:25:42 am »

I imagine he'll start up top with Firmino moving wider when Salah goes to prison.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #652 on: August 14, 2018, 11:26:03 am »

A great point well made.

Wooooooosh

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #653 on: August 14, 2018, 11:29:50 am »
We know how good Sturridge is. We also know how his body is as crumbly as a digestive biscuit. He also knows this, so he has finally accepted that he will be playing bit parts for whatever club he goes to or if he stays here. What he has also realized is how he needed to change his mentality for the good of the team. He has done this too and will try his best to fit in with the team and the play style.

He may never be the same Sturridge a la 2013/14 but he knows this and looks like he is adapting himself to it.

If he can stay injury free this season I am sure we will extend his contract with a reduced wage, that is unless Solanke or Brewster come on leaps n bounds, then we may not.

But if anyone thinks he should start ahead of the maverick mad man Bobby, then they are to be surely disappointed. Just can't see that happening unless Bobby gets an injury.

Cue Bobby getting mugged n battered by a guy in a balaclava inside Melwood, Sturridge nowhere else to be seen :D :D :D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: August 14, 2018, 11:30:37 am »
Wooooooosh

Haha you just Wooshed yourself.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #655 on: August 14, 2018, 11:42:17 am »
Performance linked package should be what the club ought to offer him. His skill does deserve to be rewarded  but his body's lack of durability has to be taken into account as well. Surely something can be worked out that will respect both parties' interests and legitimate expectations.

Online daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #656 on: August 14, 2018, 12:06:33 pm »
Performance linked package should be what the club ought to offer him. His skill does deserve to be rewarded  but his body's lack of durability has to be taken into account as well. Surely something can be worked out that will respect both parties' interests and legitimate expectations.
I hope he's happy with a reduced wage. He realizes how good he has it here with the quality of player and he genuinely seems to have laugh with them all. I do wonder how much he's making, if anything, from his record label thing too.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: August 14, 2018, 12:15:57 pm »
I hope he's happy with a reduced wage. He realizes how good he has it here with the quality of player and he genuinely seems to have laugh with them all. I do wonder how much he's making, if anything, from his record label thing too.

I think the club would be happy to reward him with the same wages or even higher wages but pro-rated to a more limited number of expected matches or a smaller part of each match that he can be predicted to end up playing in. If he can accept that he is better suited to be a super sub and to be rewarded and paid on the basis of a super sub as opposed to a starter, then he should be able to prolong his career and actually play it at the level that he deserves to play at - which is at the very top - and at a club where  he is already belonging to. I suspect that training so as to be able to play for only 20 minutes or 30 minutes for every match for example would reduce the wear and tear and strain on his ligaments and tendons and muscles which would hopefully reduce the likelihood of injuries arising.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #658 on: August 14, 2018, 01:30:19 pm »
Fucking hell, the clubs financial guru's are in....
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #659 on: August 14, 2018, 01:46:04 pm »

We can only dream of scoring 68 goals a game. We would be up there with the Everton's of this world with their 22-0 wins.

Offline ricen

• peas
  • Kopite
  • "That's how you get ants."
« Reply #660 on: August 14, 2018, 01:53:46 pm »

regardless of whether his lack of playing is justified by injury or some other reason, the man has been a real class act. not a word of complaint, always up for the match when he is put in. desperately unlucky with the number of post shots in his last 20 attempts or so. the last of an era. we should call ourselves lucky that he is still here and will put in a shift. true professional
"Not all who wander are lost, not all that glitters is gold."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #661 on: August 14, 2018, 02:48:58 pm »
Fucking hell, the clubs financial guru's are in....

They are?  ???

Wooooooosh

Oh yeah, there he is  8)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: August 14, 2018, 02:49:22 pm »
regardless of whether his lack of playing is justified by injury or some other reason, the man has been a real class act. not a word of complaint, always up for the match when he is put in. desperately unlucky with the number of post shots in his last 20 attempts or so. the last of an era. we should call ourselves lucky that he is still here and will put in a shift. true professional

What about his body language though
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: August 14, 2018, 03:01:31 pm »
They are?  ???

Oh yeah, there he is  8)

Craig knows when he's out of his depth

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #664 on: August 14, 2018, 03:02:42 pm »
Craig knows when he's out of his depth

Normally when I'm watching Botched.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #665 on: August 14, 2018, 03:06:28 pm »
Normally when I'm watching Botched.

As if by magic  :o

I don't watch 'Botched' but my lovely better half does. So, I take my advice on the subject of Fekir's knee from her based on her watching said show. This gives me valuable information when formulating an opinion on the matter. He has to go under the knife.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #666 on: August 14, 2018, 03:07:29 pm »
As if by magic  :o

I don't watch 'Botched' but my lovely better half does. So, I take my advice on the subject of Fekir's knee from her based on her watching said show. This gives me valuable information when formulating an opinion on the matter.

I know, I read it on your twitter ITK account.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #667 on: August 14, 2018, 03:08:55 pm »
I know, I read it on your twitter ITK account.

Shush!

Offline TealC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #668 on: August 14, 2018, 03:18:42 pm »
Alright I misread your post Craig. I thought it read a goal every 68th minute. Apologies  :)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 03:20:22 pm by TealC »

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #669 on: August 22, 2018, 05:20:53 pm »
Absolutely love this guys Instagram  ;D He’s just a tiny bit nuts, it’s great, but in the way we all are chatting away to his dog.

Offline YNWA_O

• Main Stander
« Reply #670 on: August 22, 2018, 10:03:51 pm »
Absolutely love this guys Instagram  ;D He’s just a tiny bit nuts, it’s great, but in the way we all are chatting away to his dog.

Had a nice laugh at that

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
  • PSN: WesleyP1pes
« Reply #671 on: August 26, 2018, 12:06:18 pm »
Feels weird seeing him running around out there with the current crop of players, I guess in my head he left us seasons ago with how little he's played.

Online daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #672 on: August 26, 2018, 12:12:21 pm »
Not sure how long it will be til we see him start a game, but it's nice to have him as an option off the bench like yesterday. I thoroughly enjoyed watching him pre season, think he has a bit of bite to him now and I'm sure he'll get goals this season.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #673 on: August 26, 2018, 12:29:35 pm »
Sturridge is perfect player you want out there when you have a slender lead. I haven't seen many players who are better at retaining possession on his own. The way he manipulates the ball to evade most tackles is lovely, he holds the ball up ridiculously well. Also provides a threat too in case a late goal is required.

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: August 26, 2018, 12:35:24 pm »
Although he is a good option off the bench I thought he was trying to force it a bit for a goal for himself when he came on. He tried a few shots that were blocked when it might have been better to reset and get a clearer opportunity

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #675 on: August 26, 2018, 01:18:04 pm »

How can you not love him and his fluffy Pomeranian. Love the guy.
YNWA.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #676 on: August 26, 2018, 01:29:52 pm »
Although he is a good option off the bench I thought he was trying to force it a bit for a goal for himself when he came on. He tried a few shots that were blocked when it might have been better to reset and get a clearer opportunity

Personally felt the game needed someone to attempt a few shots from distance, we'd tried walking it in a fair amount.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #677 on: August 26, 2018, 01:32:06 pm »
Personally felt the game needed someone to attempt a few shots from distance, we'd tried walking it in a fair amount.
Agree. Another Terry Mac is needed.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #678 on: August 26, 2018, 03:10:10 pm »
Agree. Another Terry Mac is needed.

Terry Shaq
Better looking than Samie.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #679 on: August 26, 2018, 04:43:00 pm »
His fantastic close control skills and shooting ability are still there, as he showed repeatedly in pre-season. But one thing I noticed yesterday is that he still seems afraid to turn on the jets. There was a counterattack where someone with the ball was running down the left and Sturridge was just past the halfway line in the middle. It would have been a great opportunity for a goal, but Sturridge would not (or could not?) accelerate to get in ideal position to receive a pass near the top of the box. He was running at about 75%. It was the type of play where Mane, Firmino or Salah would have been sprinting all-out. I think he's petrified of getting hurt again.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski