Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1886889 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Naby Keita Watch
« Reply #3320 on: August 14, 2018, 07:04:12 pm »
Klopp mentioned this before that he can play wide but knows that is not his best position.

Yeah his quality gives us a variety of options, he can play anywhere in midfield.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #3321 on: August 14, 2018, 07:05:49 pm »
Klopp mentioned this before that he can play wide but knows that is not his best position.

Maybe Klopp's thinking he brings a Henderson or Fabinho on for a forward and pushes Keita further forward to help see a game out.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #3322 on: August 14, 2018, 07:07:30 pm »
I'm actually surprised some smartass (Capon probably) hasn't photoshopped a picture of Keita into a watch and posted it here
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3323 on: August 14, 2018, 07:15:36 pm »

Maybe Klopp's thinking he brings a Henderson or Fabinho on for a forward and pushes Keita further forward to help see a game out.

We lined up with 4 midfielders in the 2nd half at one point, Henderson and Gini in the middle, and Naby and Milner on the flanks. It's something that Atletico often do.

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #3324 on: August 14, 2018, 11:13:22 pm »
I'm actually surprised some smartass (Capon probably) hasn't photoshopped a picture of Keita into a watch and posted it here

There have been two Naby watches at least in the thread.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #3325 on: August 14, 2018, 11:17:40 pm »

He was only born yesterday
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3326 on: August 14, 2018, 11:40:52 pm »

It's not his position at all. It would be a sin to put him there... but if we wanted to, why the fuck not?

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #3327 on: August 15, 2018, 12:13:22 am »
It's not his position at all. It would be a sin to put him there... but if we wanted to, why the fuck not?

It's called covering all the bases
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #3328 on: August 15, 2018, 12:23:52 pm »

Damn, I missed it
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
« Reply #3329 on: August 17, 2018, 09:57:36 pm »
Hope he can learn English, so I can get to know him better.  (If you know what I mean).  Mane could help him.
dios esta buena

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3330 on: August 17, 2018, 10:11:55 pm »
Hope he can learn English, so I can get to know him better.  (If you know what I mean).  Mane could help him.

You’d have thought the club would have had him on intensive English lessons since we signed him. Bet he’s not too bad at understanding but having a convo on camera takes a bit of confidence.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3331 on: August 17, 2018, 10:12:35 pm »
I’m all giddy in anticipation of another Liverpool game, then I remember that it means more Naby and it’s even better.

This season is already great.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3332 on: August 17, 2018, 10:22:34 pm »
I’m all giddy in anticipation of another Liverpool game, then I remember that it means more Naby and it’s even better.

This season is already great.

I'm already fucked off with the wait til our next game!

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3333 on: August 17, 2018, 10:46:56 pm »
I’m annoyed other team’s players aren’t as fit as ours and we can’t just play a game a day and win the league this month  :no

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #3334 on: August 18, 2018, 12:02:16 am »
What an upgrade from Can in a similar role.

Keita's decision making and movement is so much faster and more fluid. He receives that ball and drives forward with full understanding what he needs to do. I didn't see a single moment where he run into blind alleys.

Now the challenge is for the rest of the midfielders to keep up.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3335 on: August 18, 2018, 12:26:30 am »

I hope he doesn't learn a word. Seems appropriate for him to speak a different language. ;D

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #3336 on: August 18, 2018, 02:37:09 am »

Let's talk about Keita.

The guy is just pure penetration. It's ridiculous. He was involved in the build-up play for our first and third goals plus the big chance for Salah which was saved at point blank range by Fabianski.

While he didn't get many shots off himself (in fact only one small chance from a corner, as shown above), he was attacking the box late and getting into good positions. In fact he was well positioned to score in one or two of our goals had the ball fallen elsewhere in the box.

He also created a half-chance for @GWijnaldum (also marked on the graphic) after weaving his way into the box with the ball at his feet before giving it to Gini to have the crack at goal.

Most interesting of all though was the understanding he quickly struck up with Robertson in his debut game. 30% of all passes he received came from Andy and 39% of all passes be played were in the Scots direction. Interesting stuff!
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3337 on: August 18, 2018, 12:09:30 pm »

Let's talk about Keita.

The guy is just pure penetration. It's ridiculous. He was involved in the build-up play for our first and third goals plus the big chance for Salah which was saved at point blank range by Fabianski.

While he didn't get many shots off himself (in fact only one small chance from a corner, as shown above), he was attacking the box late and getting into good positions. In fact he was well positioned to score in one or two of our goals had the ball fallen elsewhere in the box.

He also created a half-chance for @GWijnaldum (also marked on the graphic) after weaving his way into the box with the ball at his feet before giving it to Gini to have the crack at goal.

Most interesting of all though was the understanding he quickly struck up with Robertson in his debut game. 30% of all passes he received came from Andy and 39% of all passes be played were in the Scots direction. Interesting stuff!

I noticed this as well. Even on the Salah goal, I recall he made the pass to Robertson and immediately continued the run into the box to follow up. And I think once he settles down - that shot he lashed into to the stands from a pretty decent range will then be on target in the future.

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
« Reply #3338 on: August 18, 2018, 05:06:19 pm »
I hope he doesn't learn a word. Seems appropriate for him to speak a different language. ;D

Yeah, but it's just French.  Not cosmic alien.
dios esta buena

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3339 on: August 18, 2018, 11:54:39 pm »
Yeah, but it's just French.  Not cosmic alien.

Cosmic alien is a lot easier to learn than you think.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3340 on: August 19, 2018, 12:03:31 am »
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!
« Reply #3341 on: August 20, 2018, 09:32:32 am »
a HUGE update on Can.

I believe the players play in two different categories, definitely...no comparision whatsoever...Keita is potentially world class without a shadow of a doubt.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3342 on: August 20, 2018, 09:49:13 am »
a HUGE update on Can.

I believe the players play in two different categories, definitely...no comparision whatsoever...Keita is potentially world class without a shadow of a doubt.

So what's the update on Can again?? I heard he can't find his favourite brand of hair gel in Turin..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3343 on: August 20, 2018, 10:04:05 am »
I'm hoping the 3 of Robertson, Mane and Keita can form a devastating combination on that left hand side. Naby already looks like he's been playing in the side for years.
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline Geormajesty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3344 on: August 20, 2018, 11:42:38 am »
So what's the update on Can again?? I heard he can't find his favourite brand of hair gel in Turin..
Ahhh, so that's why he shaved his head.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3345 on: August 20, 2018, 01:30:31 pm »
Can looks completely weird with that cut, needs to go back to looking like a Backstreet Boys member.

As for Keita, absolutely love the guy he's a true hidden gem. Maybe not so hidden anymore as people are starting to realise what a quality player we have on our hands.

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3346 on: August 20, 2018, 06:56:51 pm »
Klopp: „I once talked to Christian Heidel (Schalke) after their game against Leipzig. He told me: Leipzig had 12 players today. I asked: Was the referee that bad? And he replied: No, but Keita counts as two.“

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmstgC7h6F7/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1axkz7itveotl

;D
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #3347 on: August 20, 2018, 10:04:02 pm »
Okay, maybe just me but I though positionally he wasnt at his best. He did lots of nice things, but positionally he and Mane were ending up in the same space far too often. I am sure Klopp will be working on this with him cause there were a few times where we could have opened them up if Keita was occupying the space behind Mane or vice versa instead of being in the same space. All that said, still a pretty good performance but I am still waiting on him to be at a 10/10 level with everyone, because that'll take his game a few levels beyond anything he has shown in these 2 games.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #3348 on: August 20, 2018, 10:05:06 pm »
That turn and pass to Salah.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #3349 on: August 20, 2018, 10:09:43 pm »
Undoubtedly one of the best midfielders we've had in a long while, probably since Gerrard in his prime. A complete box-to-box midfielder.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3350 on: August 20, 2018, 10:10:57 pm »
Okay, maybe just me but I though positionally he wasnt at his best. He did lots of nice things, but positionally he and Mane were ending up in the same space far too often. I am sure Klopp will be working on this with him cause there were a few times where we could have opened them up if Keita was occupying the space behind Mane or vice versa instead of being in the same space. All that said, still a pretty good performance but I am still waiting on him to be at a 10/10 level with everyone, because that'll take his game a few levels beyond anything he has shown in these 2 games.

Klopp just said the exact same thing to be fair

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #3351 on: August 20, 2018, 10:11:01 pm »
He's not remotely close to his best yet - unbelievable talent

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #3352 on: August 20, 2018, 10:11:43 pm »
Just wait until he's up to speed, next level stuff.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3353 on: August 20, 2018, 10:12:20 pm »
That would have been one of the greatest assists I've ever seen. He was good but for him that game was probably a 6/10, other midfielders that performance is an 8 or 9 but he can do much, much more and will.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3354 on: August 20, 2018, 10:12:20 pm »
Haha Klopp saying he's always by Sadio's side.

Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #3355 on: August 20, 2018, 10:21:32 pm »
Apparently he made five tackles tonight. Not bad at all.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline N0rnIr0nRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3356 on: August 20, 2018, 10:22:45 pm »
This guy is good. Lovely eye for a pass and damn does he get around the pitch. Seems to be a really well balanced player. Looking forward to seeing him up against a more physical midfield opposition. Aerial ability might be his only weakness, could see him struggling against the likes of Matic or Fellani.

Does anyone else feel like he is doing a lot of the 'Firmino' work?

Roberto has hardly done any of his trademark tracking back the last two games. Maybe Klopp thing now we have Naby in there, Firmino can focus on being a forward. Just something i'm going to keep my eyes on in the next few games.

Excellent start to his career, really looks a part of the team.
"I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!" Jürgen Klopp

Offline N0rnIr0nRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3357 on: August 20, 2018, 10:23:36 pm »
Just wait until he's up to speed, next level stuff.

Seriously? I was thinking this guy looks sharp right now!
"I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!" Jürgen Klopp

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #3358 on: August 20, 2018, 10:24:57 pm »
Seriously? I was thinking this guy looks sharp right now!

He's just settling in.

This is just the tip of the iceberg.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3359 on: August 20, 2018, 10:26:11 pm »
That turn was utter, utter filth. Lovely footballer, when we play a good team who press us high him and Gino are gonna cause some absolute carnage
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.