Author Topic: James Milner - El Burro Magnifico  (Read 577189 times)

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
Just extraordinary. What an absolute collosus this guy is, he will rise to any challenge and exceed any expectation put on him. He ran the game yesterday and was the best player on a pitch full of excellent ones. He's a deceptively smart player who understands efficiency can more than make up for raw skill. Bit early but I think he might end up as a top manager. Great player and we're lucky to have him, as any team in the world would be.
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
With each passing day, I am getting convinced that he is not human. Either that, or Ribena should list as a performance enhancing substance.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
The day he retires/chooses to leave, it'll be because he's mentally done with the game, rather than physically. 16 years in the Premier League? Crazy.

He's been managed well and retired from internationals, so I reckon he could physically do another 3-5 seasons yet, making atleast 25-40 appearances every year. He's made 36 and 32 league appearances for us in the last two years and he's looked the fittest during games. It's whether he can be arsed mentally, and under Klopp I think there's no chance he packs it in, knowing he can win another title.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
When you see that Rooney was already done by the time he was 28 or 29 and then we look at the Milner who, not only lasted the whole game but was busting his lungs running up and down.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
With 15 fresh stitches in his head. Completely insane. He banged out a couple of won headers even. I thought he would sit this one out by medical/manager intervention.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Was a level above, set it up for us

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The day he retires/chooses to leave, it'll be because he's mentally done with the game, rather than physically. 16 years in the Premier League? Crazy.

He's been managed well and retired from internationals, so I reckon he could physically do another 3-5 seasons yet, making atleast 25-40 appearances every year. He's made 36 and 32 league appearances for us in the last two years and he's looked the fittest during games. It's whether he can be arsed mentally, and under Klopp I think there's no chance he packs it in, knowing he can win another title.
At the start of last season, I thought time had caught him. He seemed a bit slow, or at least did when placed on the pitch with certain players. But wow, was I wrong. If he's willing, I could see him being an effective 6th midfielder here even when he's 35. He so damn intelligent & well-conditioned! What a marvel.   
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
He's probably going to start regressing soon, but he's putting it off as long as possible, you could almost argue he's improved as a player since joining us, which is incredible given that he's 32.

True. It’s even more incredible because the demands on our midfielders is high under Klopp.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Ben87

• Main Stander
Great article on the Anfield Wrap about him today. The senior member of the squad still covering the most distance in the match, what a player!

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
The first problem of aging players is usually not keeping the pace or the stamina during a single game. The problem is that it takes longer to recover between games, so it gets tough to play 2 full games per week. That applies to humans though, not sure about Milner.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
I imagine he'll want to finish his career at Leeds, especially if they get promoted. Would love to see him stick around the club after he hangs up his boots.  Model professional and top lad.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
TAW's first 'The Second Look', focusing on James Milner

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OkEINSgbLUk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OkEINSgbLUk</a>
:D

Offline Oberyn_Martell

• Desperate for it.
  • Legacy Fan
Weirdly I think he does best against park the bus sides at home
. He goes all over the pitch to help break them down. Probably helps he played under Pellegrini in that regard.

I still think he shouldn't be playing against the best sides in the premier league, I think we need a lot more mobility.
Mods can you change my name to Melissa x

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written

He was fucking amazing against West Ham, wasn't he?

As well as the key passes and assist I marked out above, he was also involved in two of the other goals scored. He provided the pass from the right flank into Firmino whose run and through-ball setup the 3rd goal for Mané. He also put in the corner that was flicked on by Snodgrass, in a failed attempt to clear the ball, to Sturridge.

Keep it up Hames!
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Baaa. No touch in the defending left back position. Just Useless.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline sempi

• Sees Harry Styles Everywhere
  • Kopite
  • Gary, Gary Mac, he's got no hair but we don't care
Weirdly I think he does best against park the bus sides at home
. He goes all over the pitch to help break them down. Probably helps he played under Pellegrini in that regard.

I still think he shouldn't be playing against the best sides in the premier league, I think we need a lot more mobility.
Mobility? For Mane's goal he stretched and passed a ball back in that many so called nippier players would have given up on!
His experience  gives him that extra yard in his head that headless chickens will never get to!

Offline sempi

• Sees Harry Styles Everywhere
  • Kopite
  • Gary, Gary Mac, he's got no hair but we don't care
With each passing day, I am getting convinced that he is not human. Either that, or Ribena should list as a performance enhancing substance.
He's a terminator!!

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
Is Milner now the most experienced player in the league (in terms of appearances or length of time)? Now Barry, Carrick and Rooney have gone I can’t think of anyone more experienced.

What a fucking asset to have in our squad. Usually the benefit of having a player with that much nous is offset by the fact their body is noticeably in decline, but he’s still one of the fittest players around. What a beautiful freak.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
Is Milner now the most experienced player in the league (in terms of appearances or length of time)? Now Barry, Carrick and Rooney have gone I can’t think of anyone more experienced.

Defoe has 7 more games than Milner on 485.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Ben87

• Main Stander
Defoe has 7 more games than Milner on 485.

Milner will overtake him this season, he had loads more games in his legs than defoe

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
Became the first player since the invention of football (EPL Era) to score 8 goals in a row all from the penalty spot.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Milner made his City debut in Hodgson's first game in charge of Liverpool.  Strange how the wheels of fortune turn...
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The tackle on Zaha (I think) - first half - was awesome.

Offline Ben87

• Main Stander
The tackle on Zaha (I think) - first half - was awesome.

Brilliant tackle. Took the ball and a lot of Zaha with it. Zaha was moaning about that at every opportunity for the rest of the half

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The way he sees the opportunity and just launches in to set up the goal is just boss, predatory, such a dangerous player, he really knows how to hurt teams.

The clip from the AV thread:

Salah goal on 23 mins

https://streamable.com/b8soy

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/rypzag

« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 10:54:06 pm by kavah »

Offline MJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The Dorian Gray of football.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
top professional, one of our best transfers.

i wish we signed him before City did...

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Interestingly, he has the same number of league goals for us as he got for City, 13. However,  he has 147 league games for them and 99 for us.

Offline boznich

• Boys Pen
Interestingly, he has the same number of league goals for us as he got for City, 13. However,  he has 147 league games for them and 99 for us.
Penalties

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
From Crooks’ team of the week (thought I’d share some of his garbage to get you nice and angry at 4am):

“What you get with Milner is nothing special but you do get a wonderful level of consistency. In fact Milner is almost always a candidate for my team most weeks, such are his performances.”

Nothing special. Sure, Garth.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
What I noticed was when he got proper clattered (a few times) he just gets on with it, no rolling around, no moaning, harassing the ref etc. I wanted one of the commentators to mention this - as a positive for him. Imagine some of the usual knobs taking the tackles he did, they would still be rolling.

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
From Crooks’ team of the week (thought I’d share some of his garbage to get you nice and angry at 4am):

“What you get with Milner is nothing special but you do get a wonderful level of consistency. In fact Milner is almost always a candidate for my team most weeks, such are his performances.”

Nothing special. Sure, Garth.

What an idiot

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What an idiot

Just ignore him, nobody takes that team or his article seriously. It's all pure click bait.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Just ignore him, nobody takes that team or his article seriously. It's all pure click bait.
Still gets me angry, even though it's meant to

Offline red vinyl

• Kopite
I’ve never looked at his team of the week for a long time,even though it’s on the bbc football main page. As SMS says it’s click bait and nothing more.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
Re: James Milner - Does laps of the universe for fun, more creative than De Bruyne
« Reply #1755 on: September 2, 2018, 03:45:35 am »
100th appearance for us (4th player to play 100 matches for 3 clubs).
1st Liverpool player to play 100 matches after transferring on a Bosman.
80th PL assist (equal 7th with Beckham and 12 behind Stevie G).

Offline trav2591

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
Re: James Milner - Does laps of the universe for fun, more creative than De Bruyne
« Reply #1756 on: September 3, 2018, 03:23:54 pm »
Machine!!

"Liverpool's unsung hero James Milner covered an exhausting 12.39km against Leicester on Saturday, at an average speed of 7.69 km/h - meaning he ran further and, on average, faster than anyone else on the pitch as Jurgen Klopp's men maintained their winning start.

In fact, only Bournemouth's Dan Gosling could match Milner's legs this weekend, the Cherries midfielder covering 12.57km as his side chased a result against Chelsea - though without any reward.

And Milner now ranks fourth among Premier League players for total distance covered so far this season."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1757 on: September 3, 2018, 03:26:23 pm »
That's insane when you think he's been subbed off a few times as well
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1758 on: September 6, 2018, 05:26:24 am »
A contract extension is in order, I reckon, after Hendo. What a player and a gentleman!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #1759 on: September 6, 2018, 06:56:04 am »
A contract extension is in order, I reckon, after Hendo. What a player and a gentleman!

Contract up at the end of this season .