Author Topic: FAO: US Reds----tv info  (Read 822273 times)

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FAO: US Reds----tv info
« Reply #5840 on: August 4, 2018, 01:02:56 am »
Is it confirmed that ESPN+ Has the rights to those competitions?

ESPN+ for sure has the Championship and League cup.  Trying to get confirmation of who won the joint bidding for Seria A which was packaged with the FA cup but it looks like that still hasn't sold yet with rumors of ESPN or Turner (B/R Live) getting it.  Seems BEin has lost all their deals, Bundesliga will still be on Fox but La Liga, Seria A and Ligue 1 I can't get any confirmation on along with the FA Cup.  You'd hope NBC is at least bidding for the FA cup as well but the backlash to their Gold service seems to be an issue.

Offline rkgriffin

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5841 on: August 4, 2018, 02:08:01 am »
Last years CL on Fox was pretty similar if I am not wrong. They would only have one game a day on TV (maybe a second being a replay) and if Liverpool wasn’t one of those games you had to pay $20 for their Fox Soccer Match Pass.

So basically we get the same thing this year but the streaming service is only $10 a month?  Sounds like an improvement to me, at least for CL.

I already have ESPN+ so any games there and I am happy.

The NBC Gold thing does suck though. Since they play so many Liverpool games on TV anyway you end up paying $50 for like 2-3 Liverpool games. It is a great deal for those fans who support the lower half of the table. I expect all US Everton fans to be all over NBC Gold.

Offline penwhen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #5842 on: August 4, 2018, 02:25:06 am »
ESPN+ for sure has the Championship and League cup.  Trying to get confirmation of who won the joint bidding for Seria A which was packaged with the FA cup but it looks like that still hasn't sold yet with rumors of ESPN or Turner (B/R Live) getting it.  Seems BEin has lost all their deals, Bundesliga will still be on Fox but La Liga, Seria A and Ligue 1 I can't get any confirmation on along with the FA Cup.  You'd hope NBC is at least bidding for the FA cup as well but the backlash to their Gold service seems to be an issue.

Interesting that beIN has lost all of its deals since they are currently been dropped like flies by cable companies (at least in the Mid-Atlantic region) because they are raising their rates.

Offline rkgriffin

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5843 on: August 4, 2018, 02:35:01 am »
Last years CL on Fox was pretty similar if I am not wrong. They would only have one game a day on TV (maybe a second being a replay) and if Liverpool wasn’t one of those games you had to pay $20 for their Fox Soccer Match Pass.

Correction, I now remember since I am on Comcast and they don’t carry FS2 (only FS1) I was forced to buy the Fox Soccer Match Pass to watch any games that aired on FS2. So while the new setup is probably better for Comcast users it does kind of suck for anyone whose company actually aired FS2.

EDIT:  actually Fox coverage was so horrible I just can’t bring myself to complain about anything that is different than Fox. They just ruined the games for me. After suffering through the World Cup I will happily pay $10 a month to not have to watch Fox. 
« Last Edit: August 4, 2018, 02:48:57 am by rkgriffin »

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5844 on: August 4, 2018, 03:15:29 am »

According to everything I’ve just read online, La Liga is still with BeIN along with Ligue 1. If what I read is right only Seria A and FA Cup are yet to be decided.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5845 on: August 4, 2018, 06:38:31 pm »
So much for eleven sports showing the match.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #5846 on: August 4, 2018, 06:40:22 pm »
So much for eleven sports showing the match.

They seem like an utter pile of wank. I don’t think they’ve got 1 thing right so far

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #5847 on: August 4, 2018, 11:45:23 pm »
Champions league will have two tv times each match day.

The Champions League has always kicked off at 7.45pm (GMT/BST) but from the 2018/19 season they will start at either 5.55pm or 8pm – similar to how the Europa League functions.

Obviously this can mean all 4 English sides shouldn't have kickoffs at the same time if they have two matches  on Tuesday and 2 on Wednesday. But knowing Uefa...lol..
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5848 on: August 4, 2018, 11:53:08 pm »
Looked at br live on my rocku to see, where it has it the icon for any game on replay, you know like if you want to watch a Liverpool CL game that wasn't on TV when you get home from work, it shows the score. Some quick research and apparently customer service is letting people know it is that way for other sports and they don't complain and the people who actually run the content have no idea if that can be fixed 'anytime soon'.
It's just a fucking graphic to click on, how hard can it be to generate without the score?
This is going to be a shit show, at best for the first part of the season. I almost want us to get a group with Barca, Real and Utd so at least all our games will be on TV so I won't have to even think about this monstrosity.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5849 on: August 5, 2018, 12:00:50 am »
Looked at br live on my rocku to see, where it has it the icon for any game on replay, you know like if you want to watch a Liverpool CL game that wasn't on TV when you get home from work, it shows the score. Some quick research and apparently customer service is letting people know it is that way for other sports and they don't complain and the people who actually run the content have no idea if that can be fixed 'anytime soon'.
It's just a fucking graphic to click on, how hard can it be to generate without the score?
This is going to be a shit show, at best for the first part of the season. I almost want us to get a group with Barca, Real and Utd so at least all our games will be on TV so I won't have to even think about this monstrosity.

The B/R Live app is awful. I won’t be subscribing to it.  If Liverpool games aren’t shown on TNT/TBS then I’ll wait and get a stream from reddit and watch it later that night.  It’s not the same but that app must be one of the worst around. 

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5850 on: August 5, 2018, 02:29:17 am »
I had the same problem with Eleven sports showing the Leeds match as i recorded what i thought would be our match. Eleven Sports is shit at their schedule being correct. So don't know what to think. Same again for Tuesday.

Tuesday August 7, Torino @ Anfield ... 1:30 PM Eastern
(Live on LFCTV GO) Also "scheduled" for Eleven Sport

Offline dodgiebloke

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5851 on: August 7, 2018, 02:41:46 am »
I had the same problem with Eleven sports showing the Leeds match as i recorded what i thought would be our match. Eleven Sports is shit at their schedule being correct. So don't know what to think. Same again for Tuesday.

Tuesday August 7, Torino @ Anfield ... 1:30 PM Eastern
(Live on LFCTV GO) Also "scheduled" for Eleven Sport

I am not holding my breath! They have screwed up all the pre-season games that they listed.  Have to go to the pub, or LFC GO to see tomorrow's game.

Offline polishmike

• Main Stander
« Reply #5852 on: August 7, 2018, 02:47:07 am »
I am not holding my breath! They have screwed up all the pre-season games that they listed.  Have to go to the pub, or LFC GO to see tomorrow's game.
I'm with you. Apparently this time they will show it...

Offline penwhen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #5853 on: August 7, 2018, 02:51:50 am »
I just noticed this Eleven Sports showed up on my Fios lineup! They've got the friendly against Torino on the guide at 2:30 pm EDT.

Oh, this network is owned by Leeds' owner... And their "best" property in the US is the NBA G league.
« Last Edit: August 7, 2018, 02:57:59 am by penwhen »

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5854 on: August 7, 2018, 03:27:19 am »
I'll believe it if I see it tomorrow on Eleven.  Came home last Saturday to some scrub match on my DVR and not the LFC game as stated.  Working from home tomorrow so will be able to find a Reddit stream if worst comes to worse.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5855 on: August 7, 2018, 11:54:50 am »
I'll believe it if I see it tomorrow on Eleven.  Came home last Saturday to some scrub match on my DVR and not the LFC game as stated.  Working from home tomorrow so will be able to find a Reddit stream if worst comes to worse.

I’ll definitely have some streams at the ready when the inevitable happens and Eleven shows something completely different then what we are expecting. 

Offline Stout

• Main Stander
« Reply #5856 on: August 7, 2018, 02:26:05 pm »
I fully expect them to show darts instead.  :no

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5857 on: August 7, 2018, 02:33:14 pm »
I fully expect them to show darts instead.  :no

Nothing wrong with darts... :P

But just not when we play..

Offline Stout

• Main Stander
« Reply #5858 on: August 7, 2018, 06:28:35 pm »
Nothing wrong with darts... :P

But just not when we play..

Agreed.  Love darts too.  Just love the Reds more.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5859 on: August 7, 2018, 07:03:57 pm »
Sorry if this has already been answered, but since I'm using FireTV and not an actual cable box....is Eleven Sports an app I want to download and "license" with my cable subscription?  Or is Eleven just a site? 

Sincerely,
A luddite with a poor grasp of things

You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline BrandoLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5860 on: August 7, 2018, 07:31:34 pm »
I'm amazed, it's actually on Elleven.

No idea on the below question.  I would just get a Reddit stream as of right now there is nothing else LFC related on Elleven sans this one game.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5861 on: August 7, 2018, 07:33:12 pm »
Holy shit. Eleven sports is actually showing the match. I’m shocked

Offline penwhen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #5862 on: August 7, 2018, 08:25:39 pm »
Official: ESPN gets the rights to Serie A. Will air one match a week over the air (ESPN or ESPN 2), rest on streaming on ESPN+: https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2018/08/more-than-340-serie-a-tim-matches-headed-to-espn-in-new-multi-year-u-s-rights-agreement-for-italian-football/

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5863 on: August 7, 2018, 09:41:54 pm »
Official: ESPN gets the rights to Serie A. Will air one match a week over the air (ESPN or ESPN 2), rest on streaming on ESPN+: https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2018/08/more-than-340-serie-a-tim-matches-headed-to-espn-in-new-multi-year-u-s-rights-agreement-for-italian-football/

So, they now have Serie A, League Cup, Championship, and possibly the FA Cup?

Fox still has the Bundesliga, Bein still has La Liga, Bleacher Report Live (the worst streaming app in history) has Europa and CL, NBCSN has Premier League. 

Anything else?

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5864 on: August 7, 2018, 10:36:33 pm »
Sunday August 12th
Liverpool v West Ham
8:30 Am Eastern
NBCSN

Offline rkgriffin

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5865 on: August 8, 2018, 12:10:58 am »

Fox still has the Bundesliga, Bein still has La Liga, Bleacher Report Live (the worst streaming app in history) has Europa and CL, NBCSN has Premier League. 

Anything else?

BR Live will stream games that are not on TruTV if I have that right. Also don’t forget NBC Sports Gold for those games not on NBCSN. What a total shit show. 

Then you have to factor in that not every TV service carries all the channels. Last I checked Comcast didn’t carry Bein (at least not in HD) and doesn’t carry FS2 (thankfully that finally matters way less now).

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5866 on: August 8, 2018, 12:42:45 am »
BR Live will stream games that are not on TruTV if I have that right. Also don’t forget NBC Sports Gold for those games not on NBCSN. What a total shit show. 

Then you have to factor in that not every TV service carries all the channels. Last I checked Comcast didn’t carry Bein (at least not in HD) and doesn’t carry FS2 (thankfully that finally matters way less now).

It is a total shitshow.  There needs to be one service for all leagues/competitions. Would make life so much easier.

I’m pretty sure we were only on nbc gold a few times last year. I might swerve it this year.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5867 on: August 12, 2018, 04:22:16 pm »
Monday August 20th.
Crystal Palace v Liverpool
3:00 Pm Eastern
NBCSN

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #5868 on: August 15, 2018, 08:31:51 pm »

Anything else?

The FA Cup is going to be exclusively on ESPN+

So fuck them.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/08/15/espn-is-the-only-place-you-can-watch-fa-cup-soccer-in-the-us/
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5869 on: August 15, 2018, 08:34:15 pm »
With the changes in which TV company will broadcast which competition, here is a resource for those who "cut the cable"

https://www.cnet.com/news/live-tv-streaming-services-channel-lineups-compared/

This is a comparison of what channels each internet tv provider offers along with basic cost.

I currently use FuboTv and a digital antenna for free local channels. It had virtually everyone of our matches last season. However with the CL being moved to TruTV ( Ted Turners channel) Fubo does not have that within their channel lineup list. So no Champions League coverage--at this point for Fubo. Been told wait and see if the channel is added.

For all of those in some sort of "bundle" package...why?..lol. You're a hostage to your bundle provider.

Anyroad..internet tv worked fine for me. Use older laptop with HDMI cable to my bigscreen and Bobs your uncle to watch the match. Or stream it on my newer laptop.

One caveat that I didn't see on the listing is how many devices you can stream with at one time for each internet tv provider. Something that may or may not be of interest to you.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5870 on: August 15, 2018, 08:49:29 pm »
The FA Cup is going to be exclusively on ESPN+

So fuck them.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/08/15/espn-is-the-only-place-you-can-watch-fa-cup-soccer-in-the-us/

So it's $4.99 per month to stream ESPN+. Of course for the Premier League sides the FA Cup doesn't start until January. Runs through May should we make the Final. Worse case is that's 5 months or $25.

https://plus.espn.com/

However, it woulkd be great if few took them up on it and they had to move it over to ESPN where they could recoup their money.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5871 on: August 15, 2018, 08:51:57 pm »
Am I reading that right that FuboTV is mainly sports, and $45 per month? Because that's not a good deal in comparison to a lot of cable/satellite packages. Unless you only watch sports.

So it's $4.99 per month to stream ESPN+. Of course for the Premier League sides the FA Cup doesn't start until January. Runs through May should we make the Final. Worse case is that's 5 months or $25.

https://plus.espn.com/

However, it woulkd be great if few took them up on it and they had to move it over to ESPN where they could recoup their money.

Do you ever look in the tech forum? Betters deals to be had.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5872 on: August 15, 2018, 09:07:47 pm »
Am I reading that right that FuboTV is mainly sports, and $45 per month? Because that's not a good deal in comparison to a lot of cable/satellite packages. Unless you only watch sports.

Do you ever look in the tech forum? Betters deals to be had.

Have a look at the coverage chart by provider on the link https://www.cnet.com/news/live-tv-streaming-services-channel-lineups-compared/

Now I could care less about movies but Fubotv did have that option for slightly more.

I even had Eleven sports but I don't see that as part of the listing on the link.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5873 on: August 15, 2018, 09:14:48 pm »
Have a look at the coverage chart by provider on the link https://www.cnet.com/news/live-tv-streaming-services-channel-lineups-compared/

Now I could care less about movies but Fubotv did have that option for slightly more.

I even had Eleven sports but I don't see that as part of the listing on the link.

There you go. The mrs and I watch movies, plus have kids in the house. They'd not be too happy with the options available ;D

Now, when Disney launch their streaming service, I will cut the cord, as it will cover all options, along with Netflix/Hulu +/HBO Go. 

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5874 on: August 15, 2018, 09:34:08 pm »
With the changes in which TV company will broadcast which competition, here is a resource for those who "cut the cable"

This is a comparison of what channels each internet tv provider offers along with basic cost.

I currently use FuboTv and a digital antenna for free local channels. It had virtually everyone of our matches last season. However with the CL being moved to TruTV ( Ted Turners channel) Fubo does not have that within their channel lineup list. So no Champions League coverage--at this point for Fubo. Been told wait and see if the channel is added.

For all of those in some sort of "bundle" package...why?..lol. You're a hostage to your bundle provider.

Anyroad..internet tv worked fine for me. Use older laptop with HDMI cable to my bigscreen and Bobs your uncle to watch the match. Or stream it on my newer laptop.

One caveat that I didn't see on the listing is how many devices you can stream with at one time for each internet tv provider. Something that may or may not be of interest to you.

I had FuboTV last year and loved it. This year, I’m using DIRECTVNow since I have AT&T for cell service and get $25 off per month. I have the lowest package and add on the Spanish sports package and I’m paying $20/month. With that I’ll get all the same games that FuboTV ow has but for less then half the price plus I get TNT and Trutv which gives me the CL games. I’m thinking I’ll just find streams on reddit for any CL, league cup and FA cup games that I can’t get. 

Offline BrandoLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5875 on: August 16, 2018, 04:48:11 am »
The CL game today was on local Spanish TV.  Might be something to consider as a cheaper option as well.  Plus their announcers are usually better than the English language ones even if you can't understand Spanish ;)

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5876 on: August 16, 2018, 06:23:30 pm »

Not sure if this is exactly what you are referring to, but myself and two of my friends are splitting the NBCSN Gold package this season. We streamed the same game last weekend (Fulham vs Palace) at the same time from our 3 different devices on the same login and had no issues.

Not sure if it's something that will get cracked down on or what, but so far there's been no issues.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline penwhen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #5877 on: August 16, 2018, 06:49:17 pm »
The CL game today was on local Spanish TV.  Might be something to consider as a cheaper option as well.  Plus their announcers are usually better than the English language ones even if you can't understand Spanish ;)

Yes, Univision and its family of channels has the Spanish language rights in the US. Definitely a good option.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5878 on: August 20, 2018, 10:34:24 pm »
Saturday August 25th
Liverpool v Brighton
12:30 Pm Eastern
NBC

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5879 on: August 26, 2018, 12:20:29 am »
Saturday Sept. 1st.
Leicester City v Liverpool
7:30 Am Eastern
NBCSN