Author Topic: Spanish Football  (Read 581018 times)

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Spanish Football 2018/2019
« Reply #4280 on: August 26, 2018, 10:30:30 pm »
Usually I’ll watch La Liga but be assed watching Real Madrid for the foreseeable. Fuck Ramos.

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4281 on: August 26, 2018, 10:31:16 pm »
:lmao

I'm just glad I don't have much interest in La Liga, cos I'd go spare if I had to deal with him each week. Guy is wretched, a game ruiner of a commentaror, but seemingly, he appeals to many, or else they'd not employ him!
Absolutely bellend that fella. Many of times I’ve watched Barcelona in silence  ;D

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4282 on: August 26, 2018, 10:32:07 pm »
Another penalty after a clumsy tackle on Asensio, this time Benzema scores it. Then Navas prevents a 1 vs. 1 on him with some superb sweeper keeping and shortly after starts off an attack with a smart throw, Isco lays in Bale and he finishes. Lethal.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4283 on: August 26, 2018, 10:33:30 pm »
Navas seems to really suit the way Lopetegui plays. But there's Courtois sitting on the bench, so...

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4284 on: August 26, 2018, 10:57:49 pm »
Navas seems to really suit the way Lopetegui plays. But there's Courtois sitting on the bench, so...
Their big signing being a keeper not better than what they've got, the year they lose Ronaldo, is still a bit mad.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4285 on: August 27, 2018, 11:30:02 am »
Their big signing being a keeper not better than what they've got, the year they lose Ronaldo, is still a bit mad.

Ahh, Courtois is better than Navas.  Navas is good but he makes a lot of mistakes throughout the course of a season. 

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4286 on: August 28, 2018, 11:23:18 am »
Rayo's stadium had been "upgraded" over the summer, including a fence separating the pitch from the fans, allowing them to increase capacity by using seats at the front that are normally empty. Then, in the Sevilla game, the fence collapsed. Also, one of the stands was reported to move during the game by fans, when Sevilla fans were jumping up and down. They've now had to close the stadium until mid-October (I suspect it may be even longer, at least it should be even longer given the state of the ground)

Their game against Bilbao on Saturday has been suspended, and they have two more home games before this mid-October deadline to try to sort something out for. The best option, you would think, would be to reverse those fixtures so that Rayo play away, or that they use one of the stadiums in the community of Madrid. Getafe have just said that it won't be possible, and Atletico already host Rayo Majadahonda. Which leaves the Bernabeu or Leganes. The trouble with Leganes is that there are only 11000 seats and Rayo have over 13000 season ticket holders.

The latest news is suggesting that Leganes is the most likely option, or that they play behind closed doors. They would have to do a draw to decide which season ticket holders get a ticket to the game if they do opt to play in Leganes. The best thing about this sorry tale is that I went and bought a season ticket just last week and was over the moon about it, and now it seems that I might have to take part in a draw to get a ticket to games i've already paid for ;D Let's see what happens.

I don't know if anyone on here has ever been but the worst thing is that this stadium has been unclean and unsafe for years now. It's quite a gimic when you first go and you do have to chuckle at it, but its taken a child to fall a meter and a half through a fence (fortunately without injury) and the fans to protest for the community and the owner to finally take it seriously. In amongst all this, their training ground is in disrepair and the first team has had to train in Leganes for the past couple of week. All this while they're trying to build a side capable of staying in the first division. The supporters deserve so much better.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4287 on: September 1, 2018, 06:59:37 pm »
Atletico getting hammered and not had a shot on target yet, any title hopes will be gone soon if they don't pick up. Gonna need 92-95points to win that league given how Barca and/or Real do.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4288 on: September 1, 2018, 07:23:10 pm »
Poor from Atleti today, Aspas scores yet again. 2-0. done and dusted

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #4289 on: September 1, 2018, 07:25:10 pm »
Where do you watch La Liga these days?
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4290 on: September 1, 2018, 07:41:55 pm »
Where do you watch La Liga these days?

I watch it via satelite, so I have no problems that you lot across the pond do  :)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4291 on: September 2, 2018, 05:45:31 pm »
Huesca take a shock lead against Barca at Nou Camp.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4292 on: September 2, 2018, 05:51:37 pm »
Messi equalizes.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4293 on: September 2, 2018, 06:21:19 pm »
3-2 Barca at half time.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4294 on: September 2, 2018, 06:40:38 pm »
Fantastic finish by Dembele, he is going to have a great season.

Rakitic with a belter, 5-2.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4295 on: September 2, 2018, 06:41:44 pm »
Dembele is second to Mbappe in the pantheon of U21 footballers on the planet. Got freakish talent.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4296 on: September 2, 2018, 06:50:01 pm »
Fantastic finish by Messi, 6-2.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #4297 on: September 2, 2018, 06:53:54 pm »
Messi is quite quick, isn't he? ???

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4298 on: September 2, 2018, 06:56:46 pm »
Dembele is playing much better this season. I bet they are glad they didn't stupidly ship him out this summer.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4299 on: September 2, 2018, 06:59:57 pm »
Messi is quite quick, isn't he? ???

rapid too

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4300 on: September 2, 2018, 07:08:07 pm »
rapid too

Certainly got a bit of pace about him.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4301 on: September 2, 2018, 07:09:44 pm »
Some of this stuff from Barcelona is absolute filth. Look a trillion dollars.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4302 on: September 2, 2018, 07:13:40 pm »
2 goals and 2 assists for Messi

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4303 on: September 2, 2018, 07:22:02 pm »
One thing Huesca can be proud of is they scored 2 goals every matches they played this season.  :-X

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4304 on: September 2, 2018, 07:43:22 pm »
Some of this stuff from Barcelona is absolute filth. Look a trillion dollars.

Hope they fall off a cliff and get smashed for every game, get relegated and then put in to administration the absolute bunch of c*nts. Madrid to join them.

Might be just a bit too much to ask that though.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4305 on: September 2, 2018, 09:12:41 pm »
You won't see a more ridiculous red card all season than the one Mesa just received for Sevilla. The Betis goalie leaped into him and Mesa got a second yellow. That ref needs sacking.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #4306 on: September 2, 2018, 09:19:21 pm »
You won't see a more ridiculous red card all season than the one Mesa just received for Sevilla. The Betis goalie leaped into him and Mesa got a second yellow. That ref needs sacking.
it was crazy alright

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #4307 on: September 4, 2018, 09:48:40 am »

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #4308 on: September 4, 2018, 11:40:23 am »

The Catalan derby is set to be played in Miami at the beginning of next year...

'When? Where? How? Girona to 'host' Barça in the United States':-

https://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/when-where-how-girona-to-host-barcelona-in-the-united-states-7017157
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4309 on: September 4, 2018, 11:48:08 am »
La Liga is wasting their time thinking they can beat the popularity of the PL.

They couldn't do it with Ronaldo and Messi in their pomp,now Ronaldo has gone and Messi is on the wrong side of 30 these overseas games look like the last throw of the dice in Tebas's obsession beating the PL in the popularity stakes.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4310 on: September 4, 2018, 01:12:34 pm »
La Liga is wasting their time thinking they can beat the popularity of the PL.

They couldn't do it with Ronaldo and Messi in their pomp,now Ronaldo has gone and Messi is on the wrong side of 30 these overseas games look like the last throw of the dice in Tebas's obsession beating the PL in the popularity stakes.

Is there aim to beat the popularity of the PL though?  I haven’t read much on why they are playing the match in the US.  I think their aim should simply be to gain more popularity/fans for their league.  The more popular their league the more money their tv contracts will be which is what I think their main aim is here. 

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #4311 on: September 4, 2018, 01:26:33 pm »
If La Liga want to win some popularity competition, they need to be on one of the major networks in the US.

The only reason I end up watching a fair bit of premier league games here is cos NBC have the rights to it. If NBC had the rights to La Liga instead, I'd probaby watch a fair few of their games instead!

But as long as it's stuck on a minor paid sub broadcaster like BeIn Sports, it'll not stand a chance.  Playing a game in the US won't change that either.  Maybe when their deal with BeIn Sports is over in 2 years they can tempt a major network.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #4312 on: September 4, 2018, 01:30:33 pm »
Got a new service provider for TV, doesn't have BeIN sports with the package I bought, can't say i've missed it at all.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4313 on: September 4, 2018, 01:41:23 pm »
Got a new service provider for TV, doesn't have BeIN sports with the package I bought, can't say i've missed it at all.

when we first got our current cable package, BeIn sports was on it for free for the first year. Only watched a few games.  Once the 'free' year was up, I didn't bother subscribing, be a waste of money.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4314 on: September 4, 2018, 05:12:22 pm »
It's baffling how Messi is not in the final 3 for the Ballon D'or.

Scored more goals than Ronalo and Salah, and yet he's not included.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4315 on: September 4, 2018, 05:28:02 pm »
It's baffling how Messi is not in the final 3 for the Ballon D'or.

Scored more goals than Ronalo and Salah, and yet he's not included.
Its moved to what did you/your team/country  does in april -june in the last few years so not that much of a surprise.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4316 on: September 4, 2018, 06:37:24 pm »
Its moved to what did you/your team/country  does in april -june in the last few years so not that much of a surprise.
I don't even mind that Messi is not in the top 3. This may motivate him more this season. But even with that, you have to concede that Messi and Griezmann won trophies with their clubs and country in the case of Griezmann. There is no justifiable reason why they aren't in the top 3 whether you go by trophies for club or for their country.

Salah did nothing for Egypt in Russia. He hasn't won a single trophy. Some people complain about the same old guys (Messi+Ronaldo) when it comes to these awards, but they have objectively been winning trophies and doing well.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4317 on: September 5, 2018, 02:25:16 am »
I realize Suarez did a lot for us, and we also unanimously despise United, but I am sick of this tapping up by that bunch of Barca swine. I've come to dislike them about as much as I do Madrid. Twats. :wanker
---------------

Luis Suarez says Paul Pogba would be welcome at Barcelona as the Manchester United midfielder continues to be linked with a move away from Old Trafford despite the transfer window closing.

Suarez becomes the second Barca player in little over a week to open the door to Pogba after Gerard Pique also said the La Liga champions would be happy to have him at Camp Nou.

"Pogba's an elite player who's won everything," Suarez told RAC1 on Tuesday. "He has a lot of quality and he's one of the references at United.

"I think he would like to be competing for more than he is at the moment. He's not a player that belongs to Barca, but he would always be welcome."

“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4318 on: September 5, 2018, 01:22:46 pm »
If La Liga want to win some popularity competition, they need to be on one of the major networks in the US.

The only reason I end up watching a fair bit of premier league games here is cos NBC have the rights to it. If NBC had the rights to La Liga instead, I'd probaby watch a fair few of their games instead!

But as long as it's stuck on a minor paid sub broadcaster like BeIn Sports, it'll not stand a chance.  Playing a game in the US won't change that either.  Maybe when their deal with BeIn Sports is over in 2 years they can tempt a major network.

This is a really good point and I wonder if they even consider this when looking at the bids they receive or if they just look at the amount of money they will earn. 

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4319 on: September 5, 2018, 02:01:09 pm »
This is a really good point and I wonder if they even consider this when looking at the bids they receive or if they just look at the amount of money they will earn.

And Serie A will likely steal a march on La Liga this year too.  As ESPN have bought the rights to that. Wheareas most of the games will be streamed, and paid for, they are showing a 'game of the week' on their regular ESPN channell, so pretty much everyone will be able to watch a few games at least. I don't think I've seen a Serie A game in 20 plus years, but I'll make the effort to check out the odd game now.

La Liga will be 4th in line now in the US with the Prem, Bundesliga and Serie A all currently on the major sports networks, who's channels tend to come with the basic cable packages.