Poll

Pick the best team in the draft

Trend
9 (47.4%)
El Lobo
10 (52.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: August 18, 2020, 04:53:51 am

Author Topic: 2020 Summer Transfer Draft Final!!!  (Read 1253 times)

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Re: 2020 Summer Transfer Draft Final!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 05:53:41 am »
Lobo ain't got nothing but love for this team you compiled mate.  Not sure who the best team here is to be honest.

Lewandowski is a once in a generation type striker.
Depay and Salah are strong, speedy and inverted appropriately.
Brandt is a nice sleight of foot lefty who is an interesting attack mid selection -- poor mans DeBruyne is some ways.

The midfield duo is solid, not spectacular - but intense, efficient and full of second ball wins.
The backs are fine and do your team no harm.  If there is one small criticism -- for me it would Bellerin (as I know Neco will get some flak for being the weak link).
Bellerin's best days are behind him I think -- but your marking backs are no doubt able to serve as Champions of a RAWK draft regardless of what I think of Hector.

The CB's are steady, solid and workman like --- one thing for both is they do not get spun very much, but they are aggressive with the forward's back to goal. 

And in the name of Joe Gomez, may the karmic soccer Gods smite me and our team for snaking Claus' orange uniforms and angering the RAWK underworld with a poor sense of humor, player recognition, and overall foul temperament.

Voted for Lobo as penance.

Cheers lads.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 08:25:29 am »
Two great front fours that have been the standout in the draft. Midfield wins games though seems to be the mantra here and Trend beats Lobo in that department. So, on that basis, Trend it is...
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2020, 08:56:16 am »
Two very good teams. Lobo gets it for me by a whisker due to the midfield (sorry Bobby). Tolisso and Veratti are a cracking two.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2020, 10:30:41 am »
Lobo juuuust shades this one.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2020, 11:08:02 am »
I looked at them both for about 5 minutes and was still torn. In the end went for Lobo, mainly on defence, and also I'm not sure about Firmino in that role behind another striker, as it's not a common position for him.

Fine fine margins.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2020, 01:33:49 pm »
I looked at them both for about 5 minutes and was still torn. In the end went for Lobo, mainly on defence, and also I'm not sure about Firmino in that role behind another striker, as it's not a common position for him.

Fine fine margins.

Mate, Firmino played attack midfield for Hoffenheim, no?

Out of position, I’m not sure a false 9 like Firmino is subject to that criticism as much because the whole point of a false 9 (Fabregas once for Spain or Messi for Barca) is that they are still the link person but they drag big immobile CBs out of spaces that fast wings can exploit.

So while Lobo deserves your vote - it’s not because of Si Senor - it should be due to a myriad of other choices - Firmino and the attack 4 is the entire reason this is a close match
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2020, 01:34:34 pm »
Oooh this is tight, just one vote in it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2020, 01:57:45 pm »
Just remember, a vote for Lobo is a vote for the architects of the Manchester City and Barça embarrassments
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2020, 02:09:48 pm »
At least I ask for world peace mate when I do my shtick.  ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2020, 03:55:49 pm »
It’s so tight all over to be fair, can’t be annoyed at losing in a close vote.

Trend has a better keeper, slightly.

I think I’ve got better CBs, especially based on current form, and better equipped to deal with the opposition.

Full backs pretty close but mine both had pretty disrupted seasons. Neco is probably the stand out weak link purely based on all the players, but Bellerin and Kurzawa aren’t exactly world beaters.

Prefer my midfield, especially with Brandt tracking back. Veratti the stand out I think.

I do like Salah and Depay wide with Brandt in AM but it’s hard to argue against Sadio, Bobby and Gnabry. Bobby as a 10 is hard to quantify but I’m sure he’d still be excellent there.

Lewa over Benzema is a no brainer.

Annoying I didn’t manage to get Son, think he might have given me the edge but the draft has certainly taught us some of the bizarre decisions people make with transfers!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2020, 05:01:41 pm »
It’s so tight all over to be fair, can’t be annoyed at losing in a close vote.

Trend has a better keeper, slightly.

I think I’ve got better CBs, especially based on current form, and better equipped to deal with the opposition.

Full backs pretty close but mine both had pretty disrupted seasons. Neco is probably the stand out weak link purely based on all the players, but Bellerin and Kurzawa aren’t exactly world beaters.

Prefer my midfield, especially with Brandt tracking back. Veratti the stand out I think.

I do like Salah and Depay wide with Brandt in AM but it’s hard to argue against Sadio, Bobby and Gnabry. Bobby as a 10 is hard to quantify but I’m sure he’d still be excellent there.

Lewa over Benzema is a no brainer.

Annoying I didn’t manage to get Son, think he might have given me the edge but the draft has certainly taught us some of the bizarre decisions people make with transfers!

Well said mate.

Up the Lobos! Congrats!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 03:45:26 am by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2020, 05:28:32 am »
Congrats Lobo, and well done Trend. Close one!
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2020, 06:44:14 am »
Congrats Lobo. You built a hella of a team.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2020, 07:25:30 am »

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2020, 08:48:36 am »
Well played Lobo, good team. Unlucky Trend., your front 4 were by far the better and your positioning of Bobby was both inspired and has foresight as I expect him to play there a lot this season
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2020, 10:38:41 am »
Congrats Lobo. You were my pick in the final. I voted for you both all the way through and I preferred Trend's attack (the best in the draft), but on current form your defence and midfield edged it. Especially with Verratti there, who is one of the best midfielders in world football IMO. Neco was probably the only true weakpoint in either side. Also helped seeing Lewa up top after watching him demolish Barca.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2020, 11:22:52 pm »
Just a reminder

Neuer (2020 ECL Winner)

Neco       Matip (2019 ECL Winner)     Godin *          Marcelo

Partey           Matuidi

Gnabry (2020 ECL Winner)                Sadio Mane (2019 ECL Winner)

Firmino (2019 ECL Winner)

Benzema (2018 et al ECL Winner)

6 of my 11 won the highest honor -- just in the last 3 years.   

Revote.  Rigged....  Ignore the fact that I voted for Lobo as a deciding ballot ---
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN: