Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3437723 times)

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: "Green and Gold, it's O9e from Molde!" - Ole STILL AT THE WHEEL!!
« Reply #38160 on: December 2, 2019, 10:22:33 pm »
What about Shaw's superstar waistline?

Where did he go anyway ?  Is he injured or just on a bender ?

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #38161 on: December 2, 2019, 10:31:43 pm »
If hes a professional footballer then I'm mr olympia
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38162 on: December 2, 2019, 10:32:48 pm »
Funny, in Klopp's first full season after 14 games, we had won 9 games and gotten 30 points.

In Hodgson's time here, after 14 games, we had won 5 games and had 19 points.

Solskjaer's first full season after 14 games: won 4 games and has 18 points. And a flip chart.

Don’t you dare mock the flip chart!

It’s akin to the taking your glasses on and off and chewing the ends and pretending to have a deep thought in a meeting to look smarter.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #38163 on: December 2, 2019, 10:35:08 pm »
This thread is still going strong I see.  Sad that your own current form isn’t enough to satisfy you lot. ;)

Well, it never stopped you lot did it?  8)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38164 on: December 3, 2019, 12:35:11 am »
Well, it's just rather fascinating to witness Manchester United having been being knocked off their perch by.....well....er....by Manchester United themselves to be honest. They've kind of suicidally leapt from their perch as it were, and that was nothing to do with any pressure from us in recent times. And my, what a leap it was, you didn't just step down into the CL spots, you've absolutely plummeted to mid table and this has all been overseen and orchestrated by your own administration and it's decision making. I mean, nobody expected you to leap THAT far in all honesty and it was widely believed you'd stay competitive and still be "there or thereabouts" when it came to the high end of the table.

Us doing well is very satisfying, but we all thought you'd be the ones to beat, not the "blue" wing of Manchester as has transpired. So you know....you've kind of "vacated" the perch, and left it clear for literally anybody to climb up onto it and thems the battles we're currently waging, but my god....you've not only leapt off it, you seem to have totally forgotten how to get "near" it....let alone on it again.

Naturally, we all care, and naturally, we're all curious.

;)

Nasty.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #38165 on: December 3, 2019, 12:48:10 am »
Love how there are still so many using Jürgen Klopp's career as a barometer for Solskjaer. It's a bit embarrassing for them, but funny all the same.

Well I think their basic pay is about the same......which I find rather amazing.
#JFT97

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #38166 on: December 3, 2019, 12:50:52 am »
Don’t you dare mock the flip chart!

It’s akin to the taking your glasses on and off and chewing the ends and pretending to have a deep thought in a meeting to look smarter.

Surely you'd wear a nice tie and comb your hair to look smarter?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38167 on: December 3, 2019, 07:18:30 am »
They probably need more of a Houllier - a stern disciplinarian who will move on the troublemakers, no matter their superstar status.

They need to do things The United Way. It's not about names.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #38168 on: December 3, 2019, 08:59:40 am »
I still cant fathom what he's EVER done to cause the powers that be at Utd to put such faith in him.  Even today that ginger twat scholes was on sky saying Klopp got a season and a half....but Klopp had a proven track record of winning and success you ginger manc dickhead!!!!!!!

Long may it continue haha!
Klopp was taking us to finals, we were top four, we were hammering ADFC. We were playing exuberant football. We scared the hell out of everyone.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #38169 on: December 3, 2019, 09:01:32 am »
This thread is still going strong I see.  Sad that your own current form isn’t enough to satisfy you lot. ;)
What you have to realise is this is a piss take thread.
The more Ole gives us to take the piss over, the more we will take the piss.
Just be glad you are not irrelevant yet.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38170 on: December 3, 2019, 09:02:00 am »

You expect us to go easy on you lot and leave you alone now the boot is on the other foot? Haaaahahahahaha!!! Please. ;D
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38171 on: December 3, 2019, 09:15:39 am »
The more you think about it, the madder – and funnier – it all seems.

Mourinho deserved the sack, and while Solskjaer felt like a crap appointment there was at least some logic. And it worked – there was an upturn in form and the mood improved around the place. But despite saying a decision would only be taken in the summer, Woodward makes him permanent boss off the back of the PSG game. Completely unnecessary as there was no chance Solskjaer would go elsewhere, but he was desperate for a PR win after years of bad press. A leader would have ignored the hype, and taken stock with a clearer head – said that while Solskjaer had an impact, he wasn’t getting the full-time job. That was the brave move, not to hand him the keys to the place after a fluke win.

What’s happened now is so, so predictable. Reckon any chairman has to ask themselves if the manager at their club is the very best they could have. There’s no way Woodward can think Ole is the best United can get – but he’s backed himself into a corner and now needs to back Solskjaer as to do otherwise would probably lead to him standing down as well having got yet another managerial appointment wrong. Who knows, maybe there’s an acceptance that United wouldn’t be getting top four under any manager so they may as well keep Ole around as a kind of sacrificial lamb. The fans won’t turn against him en masse because of what he did as a player, so it’s a form of protection for Woodward and the owners.

Even better, they’re probably going to miss out on Pochettino, a genuinely elite manager who they’ve coveted for years, because making a change is too embarrassing!

It's actually better than that, Woodward made him the permanent manager after back to back defeats to Wolves and Arsenal. The tide had already turned!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Fortneef

• Palace Fan. Punka wallah?
  • Kopite
« Reply #38172 on: December 3, 2019, 11:40:05 am »
You expect us to go easy on you lot and leave you alone now the boot is on the other foot? Haaaahahahahaha!!! Please. ;D

Well im hurt by the insinuation that my interest in Manchester United is schadenfreude.

I am above such baseness, I am motivated entirely by intellectual curiosity.

To understand football - no, any human endeavour - one must study the failures as much as the successes.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38173 on: December 3, 2019, 12:22:30 pm »
They probably need more of a Houllier - a stern disciplinarian who will move on the troublemakers, no matter their superstar status.

Totally agree with this. They need a decent manager to update the squad and get them 'near' before they get a manager that might get them 'there'.

But, with that said, Ole's at the wheel man, he's doing his thing, man united are back.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38174 on: December 3, 2019, 12:30:18 pm »

Offline Branno

• Legacy Fan
  • Melbourne Scouse!
« Reply #38175 on: December 3, 2019, 12:49:33 pm »
Finally I get this photo ....fisted....ouch !
"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"......Bill Shankly

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #38176 on: December 3, 2019, 12:56:58 pm »
Solskjaer looks like the kid who's been allowed to hang out with the grown-ups he thinks are so cool
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #38177 on: December 3, 2019, 01:04:52 pm »
Surely the board are already negotiating with Poch?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #38178 on: December 3, 2019, 01:09:15 pm »
So not really Poch, judging by how things went in Spurs in the last few months

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38179 on: December 3, 2019, 01:22:13 pm »
Surely the board are already negotiating with Poch?

Manchester Evening News had a story today about Poch wanting the job. But there's talk of Levy having put blockers in place of him moving to another PL team during the season. So maybe Woodward has opted to wait for the summer, and that's why Ole isn't getting sacked - because if they did, they'd have to install another caretaker until June.

But that almost makes sense, so it won't be that.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #38180 on: December 3, 2019, 01:25:39 pm »
Manchester Evening News had a story today about Poch wanting the job. But there's talk of Levy having put blockers in place of him moving to another PL team during the season. So maybe Woodward has opted to wait for the summer, and that's why Ole isn't getting sacked - because if they did, they'd have to install another caretaker until June.

Strange one that. Poch got the sack so he didn't leave, How can Spurs say what he can do next or on what time frame? I'm guessing the payoff included a clause that he couldn't manage in England this season but what if Poch rejected that? Is he not then sacked? very strange.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #38181 on: December 3, 2019, 01:26:46 pm »

It'd make sense, but there is every chance they will lose their next 2, in fact, I'd put money on Spurs grinding out a result there, and then them getting a proper beating by Abu Dhabi. 

That'd make his position very uncomfotable!  Although, the next lot of games they have, even for Solskjaer are winnable.

Strange one that. Poch got the sack so he didn't leave, How can Spurs say what he can do next or on what time frame? I'm guessing the payoff included a clause that he couldn't manage in England this season but what if Poch rejected that? Is he not then sacked? very strange.

It was likely in the contract that he signed?

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38182 on: December 3, 2019, 01:27:57 pm »
Bielsa would whip them in to shape.  But they got Ole and if it's good enough for them.  Its good enough for me. 
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38183 on: December 3, 2019, 01:32:18 pm »
41. Posted by Cleric on 37 minutes ago

I'm Sorry Ole, I love you dearly for your time as a player with us, but you're just not qualified for this job.

That's not to say that the squad and the hierarchy aren't equally incompetent mind!

What a mess we are since Fergie left...

A sad United fan.

89. Posted by IssP227 on 25 minutes ago

Blame Fergie

Back in 2013 United could have got any manager they wanted to replace him. Pep and Klopp were the bookies favourites but he chose Moyes as his successor. He also left behind a very ageing squad (RVP, Rooney, Vidic, Evra, Ferdinand, Scholes, Giggs).

He started the decline and once you fall down it's very difficult to come back up.

Fergie built United but he also destroyed it

158. Posted by SamB on 5 minutes ago

They told us he was a managerial genius, they told us he was the man to bring the glory days back to Old Trafford, they told us he was the messiah!

Never in the history of football has one man, made Man United fans look as stupid and as delusional as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50644715

;D
« Last Edit: December 3, 2019, 01:34:08 pm by Red-Soldier »

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38184 on: December 3, 2019, 01:33:32 pm »
That reply about Fergie is a bit true though. Left them at the worst time and recommended Moyseh

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38185 on: December 3, 2019, 01:33:59 pm »

I read on here, or maybe BBC, that Pochettino would have to pay Spurs back £12.5m as part of the severance package he got if he takes another Premier League job before the end of the season. But if that's the case, surely the new club would just pay that to him anyway?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38186 on: December 3, 2019, 01:39:35 pm »
3 points from there next seven games..... 5 if their B team Everton let them beat them.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38187 on: December 3, 2019, 01:47:04 pm »
I still cant fathom what he's EVER done to cause the powers that be at Utd to put such faith in him.  Even today that ginger twat scholes was on sky saying Klopp got a season and a half....but Klopp had a proven track record of winning and success you ginger manc dickhead!!!!!!!

Long may it continue haha!

That's a bit of re-writing history too. Klopp led us to two cup finals in his first part season, including outstanding wins against Man Utd, and in particular Dortmund who were streets ahead of us man to man on paper at the time. He subsequently followed that up with a top four finish, in a campaign where we were flirting with Chelsea for top spot until around Christmas before fading.

That was then followed up with a European Cup final, and followed up again with a 97 point season, and a European Cup victory.

Progress throughout, and an evolving, exciting style of football before our eyes. We were able to trust in the process as the signs were visible, overseen by a coach with an outstanding record of improving his teams.

United's situation cannot be in anyway compared to Klopp and Liverpool's. It's more akin to what happened under Souness.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #38188 on: December 3, 2019, 02:09:44 pm »

Only one caretaker i can think of - and he's English

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38189 on: December 3, 2019, 02:18:26 pm »
That's a bit of re-writing history too. Klopp led us to two cup finals in his first part season, including outstanding wins against Man Utd, and in particular Dortmund who were streets ahead of us man to man on paper at the time. He subsequently followed that up with a top four finish, in a campaign where we were flirting with Chelsea for top spot until around Christmas before fading.

That was then followed up with a European Cup final, and followed up again with a 97 point season, and a European Cup victory.

Progress throughout, and an evolving, exciting style of football before our eyes. We were able to trust in the process as the signs were visible, overseen by a coach with an outstanding record of improving his teams.

United's situation cannot be in anyway compared to Klopp and Liverpool's. It's more akin to what happened under Souness.

Yeah this idea that we were somehow shite for 18 months is absolute bullshit. We were an Alberto Moreno masterclass away from winning the UEFA, and it was a clear upward curve the whole way.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #38190 on: December 3, 2019, 02:22:08 pm »
I read on here, or maybe BBC, that Pochettino would have to pay Spurs back £12.5m as part of the severance package he got if he takes another Premier League job before the end of the season. But if that's the case, surely the new club would just pay that to him anyway?

That's what I was thinking. Just pay the severance to get the manager you want. For united it is a drop in the ocean. In fact to get the right manager it is nothing really nowadays.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #38191 on: December 3, 2019, 02:22:39 pm »
That reply about Fergie is a bit true though. Left them at the worst time and recommended Moyseh

In some ways, you can see that the club were between a rock and a hard place as soon as he made his recommendation - hire Moyes, or pile extra pressure (and whoever took the role was always on a hiding to nothing) on the new manager by overlooking Ferguson's chosen one.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #38192 on: December 3, 2019, 03:11:29 pm »
That's what I was thinking. Just pay the severance to get the manager you want. For united it is a drop in the ocean. In fact to get the right manager it is nothing really nowadays.

Yeah, £12.5m now, then his wages, then another massive severance in 18 months/2 years when they hate him ;D

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38193 on: December 3, 2019, 03:33:34 pm »
Solskjaer looks like the kid who's been allowed to hang out with the grown-ups he thinks are so cool
"Mum said you have to take me with you to the park"

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38194 on: December 3, 2019, 04:24:25 pm »
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38195 on: December 3, 2019, 04:39:53 pm »
In some ways, you can see that the club were between a rock and a hard place as soon as he made his recommendation - hire Moyes, or pile extra pressure (and whoever took the role was always on a hiding to nothing) on the new manager by overlooking Ferguson's chosen one.
Which is why I think he was also to blame, and not just the club. It would've been for the best if he said nothing

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38196 on: December 3, 2019, 04:46:58 pm »
https://youtu.be/EBJRHLtEJSs

This guy doesn't miss a mistake. 

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38197 on: December 3, 2019, 04:58:19 pm »

maybe the Glazers have said enough is enough on wasting money and insisted they wait until the no CL clause can be triggered to fuck Ole off, give it to Giggseh for the remaining 5 months and then get Poch in the summer
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #38198 on: December 3, 2019, 05:04:11 pm »
maybe the Glazers have said enough is enough on wasting money and insisted they wait until the no CL clause can be triggered to fuck Ole off, give it to Giggseh for the remaining 5 months and then get Poch in the summer

Hopefully they're sticking to Oleh's 10 year plan, which to be honest I think is for the best ;D

Not for you like mate, you'll have a bad case of blue balls by the time he's done ;D

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38199 on: December 3, 2019, 05:34:18 pm »

It would be almost better for them to miss the Europa League too