Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3437838 times)

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: "Green and Gold, it's O9e from Molde!" - Ole STILL AT THE WHEEL!!
« Reply #38120 on: December 2, 2019, 03:54:16 pm »
Those Slabhead and AWB player threads the last 24 hours at the Caf.

:lmao

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #38121 on: December 2, 2019, 03:54:38 pm »
Thing is if all their losses were wins and all their draws were wins they'd be doing really well, and therefore I don't see anything for them to worry about. It's all good.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Paul1611

• Kopite
« Reply #38122 on: December 2, 2019, 03:54:45 pm »
I still cant fathom what he's EVER done to cause the powers that be at Utd to put such faith in him.  Even today that ginger twat scholes was on sky saying Klopp got a season and a half....but Klopp had a proven track record of winning and success you ginger manc dickhead!!!!!!!

Long may it continue haha!

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38123 on: December 2, 2019, 04:12:30 pm »
I still cant fathom what he's EVER done to cause the powers that be at Utd to put such faith in him.  Even today that ginger twat scholes was on sky saying Klopp got a season and a half....but Klopp had a proven track record of winning and success you ginger manc dickhead!!!!!!!

You could also see what Klopp wanted from the first minute of his first game in charge, and everything we've done since has been with that ever evolving blueprint in mind. Ole is somehow a young manager who is stuck deep in the past, has no clue what he is doing and says he wants his team doing one thing while they do another on the pitch.

Offline MancEunuchian

• Manc
  • Main Stander
  • On the piss with Georgie Best
« Reply #38124 on: December 2, 2019, 04:16:28 pm »
This thread is still going strong I see.  Sad that your own current form isn’t enough to satisfy you lot. ;)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38125 on: December 2, 2019, 04:17:52 pm »
Those Slabhead and AWB player threads the last 24 hours at the Caf.

:lmao

But we were promised........

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38126 on: December 2, 2019, 04:23:42 pm »
https://www.change.org/p/oleout-get-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-out-of-united

;D

10 months ago...

https://www.change.org/p/fans-want-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-as-permanent-manchester-united-manager

What the fuck is the thinking behind people who sign, let alone CREATE these useless petitions? They're a waste of time, leccy and bandwidth.

I mean shit, you can have the most just cause in the world, but as soon as someone makes it a petition, my eyes roll so far back in my head I can see my snot. It just conjures up images of NIMBYs and fat, battleaxe mums who complain to the local rag when they buy trainers that pretend to be shoes and then their scrote gets sent home for not wearing correct uniform.

Online lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38127 on: December 2, 2019, 04:26:22 pm »

Yes but Klopp never performed the miracle of Paris did he?

Offline Paul1611

• Kopite
« Reply #38128 on: December 2, 2019, 04:30:46 pm »

I love that video of Rio Ferdinand sat excited as a small child after that game saying 'We're back'....  hahaha oh how we laughed

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #38129 on: December 2, 2019, 04:31:30 pm »

Technically, so did Solskjaer :D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #38130 on: December 2, 2019, 04:34:27 pm »
Love how there are still so many using Jürgen Klopp's career as a barometer for Solskjaer. It's a bit embarrassing for them, but funny all the same.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38131 on: December 2, 2019, 04:35:26 pm »
I love that video of Rio Ferdinand sat excited as a small child after that game saying 'We're back'....  hahaha oh how we laughed

I love the look he's getting from Owen. From Michael fucking OWEN!

'You sure mate?', he's thinking.

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #38132 on: December 2, 2019, 04:38:04 pm »
I can't help but imagine that Solskjaer rings up Fergie and asks him for what tactics to use, what players to sign and so forth.
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38133 on: December 2, 2019, 04:38:54 pm »

He won the Norwegian league 2 years on the bounce, whereas Klopp only managed to win that shitty German League thingy
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38134 on: December 2, 2019, 04:39:55 pm »
Annoyed that the Utd-Spurs match clashes partially with the Derby on Wed. No matter what happens at OT it should be worth a watch. I can actually see Spurs tonking them though.

Offline Paul1611

• Kopite
« Reply #38135 on: December 2, 2019, 04:46:42 pm »
Technically, so did Solskjaer :D

The Norwegian League?
Taking Cardiff down (technically?)

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
« Reply #38136 on: December 2, 2019, 04:48:59 pm »
This thread is still going strong I see.  Sad that your own current form isn’t enough to satisfy you lot. ;)
Well, it's just rather fascinating to witness Manchester United having been being knocked off their perch by.....well....er....by Manchester United themselves to be honest. They've kind of suicidally leapt from their perch as it were, and that was nothing to do with any pressure from us in recent times. And my, what a leap it was, you didn't just step down into the CL spots, you've absolutely plummeted to mid table and this has all been overseen and orchestrated by your own administration and it's decision making. I mean, nobody expected you to leap THAT far in all honesty and it was widely believed you'd stay competitive and still be "there or thereabouts" when it came to the high end of the table.

Us doing well is very satisfying, but we all thought you'd be the ones to beat, not the "blue" wing of Manchester as has transpired. So you know....you've kind of "vacated" the perch, and left it clear for literally anybody to climb up onto it and thems the battles we're currently waging, but my god....you've not only leapt off it, you seem to have totally forgotten how to get "near" it....let alone on it again.

Naturally, we all care, and naturally, we're all curious.

;)
YNWA

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #38137 on: December 2, 2019, 04:49:40 pm »

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38138 on: December 2, 2019, 05:02:17 pm »

And it'll keep going strong, unlike your form in the league and elsewhere. :lmao

Shoe's on the other foot now, son. Suck it up!

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38139 on: December 2, 2019, 05:06:07 pm »
Spuds and Abu Dhabi for these next. Could get taste-eh!

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #38140 on: December 2, 2019, 05:06:11 pm »
I wouldn't be surprised if city were only linked with him so they could then come out and refuse to pay such a big fee, as part of their "we don't buy success" PR campaign, only for the mancs to then blow a fortune on him to make a statement.

I've seen a few pieces suggesting that part of Guardiola's sour mood is re: the fact that Man City didn't do more to sign him, which has exacerbated their current predicament with Laporte injured

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #38141 on: December 2, 2019, 05:08:45 pm »
What the fuck is the thinking behind people who sign, let alone CREATE these useless petitions? They're a waste of time, leccy and bandwidth.

I mean shit, you can have the most just cause in the world, but as soon as someone makes it a petition, my eyes roll so far back in my head I can see my snot. It just conjures up images of NIMBYs and fat, battleaxe mums who complain to the local rag when they buy trainers that pretend to be shoes and then their scrote gets sent home for not wearing correct uniform.
Do I sense some lingering bitterness from your own shrainer episode...? :D

I tend to agree, and petitions rarely achieve anything. A few well directed tweets can often have far greater impact
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38142 on: December 2, 2019, 05:18:01 pm »
I've seen a few pieces suggesting that part of Guardiola's sour mood is re: the fact that Man City didn't do more to sign him, which has exacerbated their current predicament with Laporte injured

Surprising, he's so slow, not sure how he's any better than Stones other than maybe being a bit more physically imposing.

What's up with Stones anyway? They spent £50 million on him yet he seems to be bottom of the pecking order, behind even their holding mids.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #38143 on: December 2, 2019, 05:26:24 pm »
Surprising, he's so slow, not sure how he's any better than Stones other than maybe being a bit more physically imposing.

I think it's mainly because they needed to sign a homegrown CB. Also Pep famously pushed for Barceloba to sign Chygrinsky. He has a potential blindspot there

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #38144 on: December 2, 2019, 05:27:38 pm »
I think it's mainly because they needed to sign a homegrown CB. Also Pep famously pushed for Barceloba to sign Chygrinsky. He has a potential blindspot there

Maybe he'll prove it once and for all by pushing City to sign Michael Keane in January  :P

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38145 on: December 2, 2019, 05:34:23 pm »
The more you think about it, the madder – and funnier – it all seems.

Mourinho deserved the sack, and while Solskjaer felt like a crap appointment there was at least some logic. And it worked – there was an upturn in form and the mood improved around the place. But despite saying a decision would only be taken in the summer, Woodward makes him permanent boss off the back of the PSG game. Completely unnecessary as there was no chance Solskjaer would go elsewhere, but he was desperate for a PR win after years of bad press. A leader would have ignored the hype, and taken stock with a clearer head – said that while Solskjaer had an impact, he wasn’t getting the full-time job. That was the brave move, not to hand him the keys to the place after a fluke win.

What’s happened now is so, so predictable. Reckon any chairman has to ask themselves if the manager at their club is the very best they could have. There’s no way Woodward can think Ole is the best United can get – but he’s backed himself into a corner and now needs to back Solskjaer as to do otherwise would probably lead to him standing down as well having got yet another managerial appointment wrong. Who knows, maybe there’s an acceptance that United wouldn’t be getting top four under any manager so they may as well keep Ole around as a kind of sacrificial lamb. The fans won’t turn against him en masse because of what he did as a player, so it’s a form of protection for Woodward and the owners.

Even better, they’re probably going to miss out on Pochettino, a genuinely elite manager who they’ve coveted for years, because making a change is too embarrassing!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38146 on: December 2, 2019, 05:41:20 pm »
Well, it's just rather fascinating to witness Manchester United having been being knocked off their perch by.....well....er....by Manchester United themselves to be honest. They've kind of suicidally leapt from their perch as it were, and that was nothing to do with any pressure from us in recent times. And my, what a leap it was, you didn't just step down into the CL spots, you've absolutely plummeted to mid table and this has all been overseen and orchestrated by your own administration and it's decision making. I mean, nobody expected you to leap THAT far in all honesty and it was widely believed you'd stay competitive and still be "there or thereabouts" when it came to the high end of the table.

Us doing well is very satisfying, but we all thought you'd be the ones to beat, not the "blue" wing of Manchester as has transpired. So you know....you've kind of "vacated" the perch, and left it clear for literally anybody to climb up onto it and thems the battles we're currently waging, but my god....you've not only leapt off it, you seem to have totally forgotten how to get "near" it....let alone on it again.

Naturally, we all care, and naturally, we're all curious.

;)

Solskjaer = Souness
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #38147 on: December 2, 2019, 05:55:26 pm »
Solskjaer = Souness

To be fair, Souness was trying to modernize a team that had previously been at the cutting edge of scouting and sport science. Solskjaer is seemingly using injury time in Barcelona in 1999 as his starting reference point and going backwards.

I think the mad amount of time they are giving him is largely influenced by the fact they were a Mark Robins goal away from sacking Ferguson

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #38148 on: December 2, 2019, 06:09:30 pm »
Marcus raahford has the same initials as mark Robbins. The stars they are aligning.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #38149 on: December 2, 2019, 06:17:07 pm »
Laughing at you lot never gets old.  ;)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38150 on: December 2, 2019, 06:20:43 pm »

In fact, Klopp lost in Paris. Hence Ole>Klopp, its simple maffs

Offline Paul1611

• Kopite
« Reply #38151 on: December 2, 2019, 06:23:47 pm »

What’s happened now is so, so predictable. Reckon any chairman has to ask themselves if the manager at their club is the very best they could have. There’s no way Woodward can think Ole is the best United can get – but he’s backed himself into a corner and now needs to back Solskjaer as to do otherwise would probably lead to him standing down as well having got yet another managerial appointment wrong. Who knows, maybe there’s an acceptance that United wouldn’t be getting top four under any manager so they may as well keep Ole around as a kind of sacrificial lamb. The fans won’t turn against him en masse because of what he did as a player, so it’s a form of protection for Woodward and the owners.

I think this is probably more true than we think!!

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #38152 on: December 2, 2019, 06:31:43 pm »
Bizarre thing is, Brazil were somehow hoodwinked into giving him a cap. First Brazilian player born outside the country to play for them since 1918!

He's still eligible for Belgium though. Only a friendly.
Linudden.

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
« Reply #38153 on: December 2, 2019, 06:46:03 pm »
Solskjaer = Souness

And the hope is/was that some of the magic "aura" of a previously successful outfit can/could be inculcated into an entirely new team who will then pick up where the old guard left off and continue to uphold the club's standards and play "the club's way" and adopt "the club's aspirations" yadda yadda....

And all this is supposed to come from some ex-player who brings with him, that vital "winning" DNA as he goes about infusing it within every aspect of the club's operational structure, from the tea lady to the kit-man....and ideally...within every player in the squad, who all look up in askance to their manager as to just what it is they're supposed to do to become a formidable team in their own right.

But these managers are usually just a very dilute reference to an era when things were going very well for the club, and these managers were only ever good at being the right "cog" in the right part of the overall machine, and it's not a given that they even understood the machine, let alone that they'll be capable of replicating it's construction....just because they themselves once formed a part of it.

So yes...  Solskjaer = Souness

What United will eventually need is a Benitez....a Rodgers....or ideally a Klopp.

Just as Shankly, Paisley, Dalglish's teams all had to fade away into loving memory and new personnel were brought in to wear the shirt and occupy the dug-out, so it will be with United until they can find a manager or two who can create another winning "machine" which is made up of brand new shiny parts. 
YNWA

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38154 on: December 2, 2019, 07:23:16 pm »
And the hope is/was that some of the magic "aura" of a previously successful outfit can/could be inculcated into an entirely new team who will then pick up where the old guard left off and continue to uphold the club's standards and play "the club's way" and adopt "the club's aspirations" yadda yadda....

And all this is supposed to come from some ex-player who brings with him, that vital "winning" DNA as he goes about infusing it within every aspect of the club's operational structure, from the tea lady to the kit-man....and ideally...within every player in the squad, who all look up in askance to their manager as to just what it is they're supposed to do to become a formidable team in their own right.

But these managers are usually just a very dilute reference to an era when things were going very well for the club, and these managers were only ever good at being the right "cog" in the right part of the overall machine, and it's not a given that they even understood the machine, let alone that they'll be capable of replicating it's construction....just because they themselves once formed a part of it.

So yes...  Solskjaer = Souness

What United will eventually need is a Benitez....a Rodgers....or ideally a Klopp.

Just as Shankly, Paisley, Dalglish's teams all had to fade away into loving memory and new personnel were brought in to wear the shirt and occupy the dug-out, so it will be with United until they can find a manager or two who can create another winning "machine" which is made up of brand new shiny parts.

They probably need more of a Houllier - a stern disciplinarian who will move on the troublemakers, no matter their superstar status.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38155 on: December 2, 2019, 07:24:35 pm »
They probably need more of a Houllier - a stern disciplinarian who will move on the troublemakers, no matter their superstar status.

He'll be leaving in the January window anyway won't he?

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38156 on: December 2, 2019, 07:27:15 pm »
He'll be leaving in the January window anyway won't he?

I'm not sure they're going to get rid of Maguire that soon ;D ;D ;D

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38157 on: December 2, 2019, 07:36:10 pm »

;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #38158 on: December 2, 2019, 07:50:46 pm »

What about Shaw's superstar waistline?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38159 on: December 2, 2019, 10:17:45 pm »

Funny, in Klopp's first full season after 14 games, we had won 9 games and gotten 30 points.

In Hodgson's time here, after 14 games, we had won 5 games and had 19 points.

Solskjaer's first full season after 14 games: won 4 games and has 18 points. And a flip chart.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.