Author Topic: Guess who I just met in the Asda?  (Read 1681078 times)

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
Re: Guess who I just met in the Asda?!...today at Lime Street?!
« Reply #120 on: January 4, 2007, 09:06:20 pm »
kinell  neil; admit it.. you stalk liverpool players and kno all ther address's

Offline Jon_H

• wooly born and wooly bred
  • Kopite
  • these are shite
« Reply #121 on: January 4, 2007, 10:18:41 pm »
frankly its not asda walton
'we are the scousers, the cocks of the north'

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: January 5, 2007, 01:34:10 am »
Saw Ste Warnock comig out of morrisons in ormskirk with his bird an little baby on tuesday. Didn't say anything to him though as he looked a bit pissed off with his bird constantly going on about food to him.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Mark_P

• Stupid fucking little gosbite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: January 5, 2007, 04:15:29 am »
On the train this afternoon i was sitting next to Colin Harvey, the Everton legend. Probably wont be of any interest to any of you but it was quite amusing when the ticket fella was askin for an autograph and then walked off happy as larry without checkin mine or Colin's tickets...........

He was goin to a book signing at WHSmith apparently. Had a bit of banter with him, he's a pretty nice guy actually.
Also presented me with a Players Player of the Year trophy years ago.  Though I got Fowler the year later ...
Just GO you Yank twats.

Offline Gilly La

• shite speller, secure wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
« Reply #124 on: January 5, 2007, 04:28:09 am »
Also presented me with a Players Player of the Year trophy years ago.  Though I got Fowler the year later ...

Listen anyway I took Mark P home in a taxi the other week. Highlight of my professional career
FOLLER ME ON TWITTER YER WOOLS

@gillythinks

Offline Mark_P

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: January 5, 2007, 04:29:15 am »
Listen anyway I took Mark P home in a taxi the other week. Highlight of my professional career
As it should be for anyone - deffo making sure I phone all the sevens this week though ;)
Just GO you Yank twats.

Offline Gilly La

• shite speller, secure wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
« Reply #126 on: January 5, 2007, 04:41:49 am »
As it should be for anyone - deffo making sure I phone all the sevens this week though ;)

You might as well, I'm on the sick now.
FOLLER ME ON TWITTER YER WOOLS

@gillythinks

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #127 on: January 5, 2007, 10:50:22 am »
Saw Ste Warnock comig out of morrisons in ormskirk with his bird an little baby on tuesday. Didn't say anything to him though as he looked a bit pissed off with his bird constantly going on about food to him.

I do hope Warnock stays at the club, i've always quite rated him, he's just been unlucky with injuries and form of other players

Offline Voni

• One from the top please Carol
  • Legacy Fan
  • Actively Apathetic
« Reply #128 on: January 5, 2007, 11:18:17 am »
15 years ago my dad took me and my brother to Liverpool to see a game.  It was only my second time in Liverpool and my first ever Liverpool game.  I'm standing in the foyer of the hotel when the entire Liverpool team walk in!!!  They all took time for photos and autographs for fans that were about.  I got to speak to a few of them.  I think it was Nicky Tanner, Dean Saunders and Mark Walters.  Got my photo taken with Jan Molby.  Fantastic!!

Offline Swoop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: January 5, 2007, 02:18:59 pm »
Just last week, Saturday I think, I saw the whole fuckin team, no honest I did.  Even better they were all fully kitted out as if they were gonna play or something .... Oh I seeeee!
Its a dogs life for me

Offline Oooh to be a Gooner

• Anny Roader
« Reply #130 on: January 5, 2007, 02:44:20 pm »
I saw David Beckham in Holland. He was with body guards and barely anyone noticed him. He was standing having a drink of water. Beckham clocked me and my cousin first before we saw him. He had a smirk on his face and is eyes were slightly raised as if he was saying, 'look at me'. Then he turned his head away once we saw him and my cousin shouted, 'David Beckham!' The body guards closed in but I forced my cousin to just walk on. Don't get me wrong, I was excited too but not THAT excited. We bought a pen and went back to the spot but he wasn't there. This was the summer of 2002 when Beckham was at his height of stardom for those few years just before and after.

I don't know what i'd do if I saw Henry.
It's all up for grabs now!

Offline Mark_P

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: January 6, 2007, 02:56:21 am »
I saw David Beckham in Holland. He was with body guards and barely anyone noticed him. He was standing having a drink of water. Beckham clocked me and my cousin first before we saw him. He had a smirk on his face and is eyes were slightly raised as if he was saying, 'look at me'. Then he turned his head away once we saw him and my cousin shouted, 'David Beckham!' The body guards closed in but I forced my cousin to just walk on. Don't get me wrong, I was excited too but not THAT excited. We bought a pen and went back to the spot but he wasn't there. This was the summer of 2002 when Beckham was at his height of stardom for those few years just before and after.

I don't know what i'd do if I saw Henry.
I'll see him tomorrow
Just GO you Yank twats.

Offline Dragonshadow

• Needs to work on his grovelling.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #132 on: January 6, 2007, 10:03:41 am »
I remember years ago, a friend of mine gave me a free ticket to go and see Leyton Orient v Swansea in the old 3rd division (League 2 these days for you youngsters out there!).

I went, watched the match - then realised that Jan Molby was Swansea's manager at the time, so I had no hesitation in leaving the match early and hanging about the Swansea coach to make sure I got his autograph - and I did!!

I've also seen the early/mid-90's team in my local Swallow Hotel in Bexleyheath, Kent. They used to stay there when they were playing matches against Charlton or Crystal Palace. Got quite a few autographs that night too!
"The supporters here are amazing, I am very happy, they give me a lot of support and we try always like Bill Shankly said to make people happy"

Rafa Benitez

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #133 on: January 6, 2007, 12:05:43 pm »
Saw a certain Mr. Gerrard walking down Formby village on Thursday afternoon- with his mate, going into Cafe Nero were his bird was and a few mates. Seemed happy, and no-one was bothering him, didn't want to be one of those 21 year olds going over asking him for an autograph!

Didn't realise how skinny he is though!

Then walking down, saw Howard Hic-Kendall coming out of Iceland- looked pissed as usual.

77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline james_f

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: January 6, 2007, 01:13:56 pm »
Have seen a few Liverpool players and others in the past.  Saw John Barnes in Lime St about 2 weeks ago, saw Xabi in Lime St as well a few months back.  Also seen Hamann, Carragher, Gerrard in Walkabout about 2 years ago, seen Cahill and Beattie in there once too.

Saw Franny Jeffers smoking in the Office about a year ago, and saw Jon Harley in there as well about a month ago.

Saw Dudek at the Albert Dock in about September and saw Carrick, Jenas, and Lennon in Selfridges in Manchester in the Summer.

Offline gazjlfc

• Boys Pen
« Reply #135 on: January 6, 2007, 02:16:52 pm »
Saw barnes getting stopped by security at HMV in town after he set of the alarms. Was keeping his head down before, good way to be subtle

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Right bit pissed so hope this makes sense., Went out tonight for a bite to eat at Le Tasca's at Queens Square. First meal with my mum and dad and my girl's mum and dad after a year or so of us going out. Nervous as fuck - not sure if my dad and her dad (a bluenose) will start trying to outdo each other jokes wise or if my mum and her mum will decide the other is jumped up. Not looked forward to this at all but worked out a strategy

So sat there knocking back a few San Miguel for a bit of courage and then who walks in but Arteta with some Spanish lads. No great shakes not that impressed but then a couple of minutes later Pepe turns up! All smiles and his big bald head like the peno master he is.

I was trying to concentrate on the converstation but couldn;t help looking over my shoulder to see what Pepe was up to. Some fella hassled him for a picture during the meal and they all looked a bit annoyed even though they put on some smiles and let him take it.

So I waited until they finsihed their meal and as they got up to leave stood up and walked over.

Me: "Excuse me... just wanted to say good luck for Sunday - you're the best goalkeeper we've had since Ray Clemence."

Cue big smiles and a friendly pat on the shoulder.

Pepe: "Thank you, thank you."

What a gent.

Offline MattLFC08

• Forgetful nose poker-inner - Who Must Try Harder!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 Never Forgotten.
Nice one!  ;D
"As I come here to Liverpool and to Anfield I have drummed it into our players time and again, they are PRIVILEGED to play for you and if you did not believe me! Do You Believe Me Now?"

Bill Shankly (2 September 1913 – 29 September 1981)

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
excellent Neil, but La Tasca is fucking expensive. Hope the parents paid :)
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
excellent Neil, but La Tasca is fucking expensive. Hope the parents paid :)

No I did in an act of generosity (stupidity) that cost me £113   :(

To be fair though mine have paid my way for 25 years! And her dad is always first to get a round in at the bar, so I suppose it was overdue... next time I may just forget my wallet!

Offline MattLFC08

• Forgetful nose poker-inner - Who Must Try Harder!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 Never Forgotten.

To be fair though mine have paid my way for 25 years! And her dad is always first to get a round in at the bar, so I suppose it was overdue... next time I may just forget my wallet!

113 notes for 6 people? Thats cheap enough, i wouldve thought?! Well here in Ireland it would be cheap.
"As I come here to Liverpool and to Anfield I have drummed it into our players time and again, they are PRIVILEGED to play for you and if you did not believe me! Do You Believe Me Now?"

Bill Shankly (2 September 1913 – 29 September 1981)

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I say 'THE Asda' too...people i work with from different parts of the country just call it Asda and wonder why i don't call Tesco's 'The Tesco' but i can't explain.

Sorry for veering off topic like, but i've been wanting to bring it up for a while...:-)

haha, i do the same

Offline BootleRed

• Kopite
  • Put yerself in my shoes for a change!
Saw John Barnes once in Toys r Us in Warrington (we didnt have one in Liverpool at the time) and I kid you not, he had two trolleys and was just scraping toys off the fucking shelf into the trolleys without even looking what they were!!!!
Was behind him at the checkout and his bill was £400 and something...and that was years ago.
He duly signed all I had which was my daughters used milkshake carton and went on his way!!
We're not English -We are Scouse.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan

'Nice one Neil, but a hundred and thirteen quid!?

..."Excuse me... just wanted to say good luck for Sunday and thought I'd take the chance to say something now as I'll never be able to afford to go to a game again after this f*ckin' meal."

Offline Hoppy

• Wino
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Attack Attack Attack
That's not even £20 a head.......what the fuck did you treat them to, a lettuce leaf each??

;D
In for a week, Out for a month....Duncan is a Tampon!

Offline A.T

• Main Stander
  • With hope in your hearts
That's not even £20 a head.......what the fuck did you treat them to, a lettuce leaf each??

;D

;D
No matter what the circumstances, support the team and be proud!

Offline philyburkhill

• Kopite
Spanish players are always chillin in La Tasca, I've seen Pepe sittin outside loads of times just chillin with a beer. Never bother him, and its a bit shit that people do bother them.
Viva La Rafalution!

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
113 notes for 6 people? Thats cheap enough, i wouldve thought?! Well here in Ireland it would be cheap.

;D

;D

You cheeky bastards! Tapas dishes only cost about £4, and we got three each, so whatever that is plus drinks. I suppose it's not that much but my dad shouted £50 of drinks too.

'Nice one Neil, but a hundred and thirteen quid!?

..."Excuse me... just wanted to say good luck for Sunday and thought I'd take the chance to say something now as I'll never be able to afford to go to a game again after this f*ckin' meal."

Exactly! That's basically 10 per cent of my months' wages in one meal!

Spanish players are always chillin in La Tasca, I've seen Pepe sittin outside loads of times just chillin with a beer. Never bother him, and its a bit shit that people do bother them.

To be fair I waited until he'd finished his meal and was leaving and just quickly wished him good luck and told him how boss I thought he was. Which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world!

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
My mate works for Xerox, and a few months back he was London way on a job. He finishes up and is on his way out of the store (in shirt and tie) and gets tapped on the shoulder. He turns round and its David Pleat, who asks him were something in the store is. My mate who is the most tackles person in the world said to me, I cant remember what he was after as all that was going round in my head was, "don't say kerb crawler don't say kerb crawler don't say....." He said he didn't work there and left! If you knew him, you'd know that that is some achievement to not spit that out!
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
fuck it. i would have said it. im always putting my foot in it.i  said this to a mate i hadnt seen in months

me :-   alright stevo , WTF have you done to your hair ( in the pub this was )

Everyone else :-  just sign language doin the old throat cutting sign telling me to shut up

me :- thats bad stevo , i got hair like that in a better state on my nuts

stevo :- just finished intensive chemo for cancer.

talk about felling a c*nt. :-\
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
I don't tend to come across many Liverpool players on the streets of Paris, but a couple of years ago some of my friends went across for a game. They stopped into the club store and bought me an A4 photo of Djimi Traoré because I'd always been the one person in the Paris supporters' club to staunchly defend the gangly c*nt throughout his Reds career.

Anyway, they were boarding the Easyjet flight from JL Airport and who should be ahead of them in the queue but the great man himself? Strange that a pro footballer was on an Easyjet flight with all the riff-raff, but then again it is the only company that does direct Liverpool-Paris flights, and they land at Charles de Gaulle Airport instead of Beauvais or some other out-in-the-sticks shithole.

So now I am the proud owner of a SIGNED Djimi A4 photo. Apparently he wasn't the most affable chap in the world, even though Liverpool had won the game the previous evening. Perhaps he knew that no fan would ever ask for his autograph in earnest and smelt the wind-up. He was accompanied by the majestic Momo Sissoko, who apparently was a lovely, quiet lad. I was gutted that my friends didn't ask him to sign the pic, apparently the wanted to keep it Pure Djimi.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
fuck it. i would have said it. im always putting my foot in it.i  said this to a mate i hadnt seen in months

Everyone else :-  just sign language doin the old throat cutting sign telling me to shut up

Bloody hell mate, i take it a few beers had been consumed!?
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan

Ha ha, I'd piss myself (assuming I wasn't the one making the gaffe, anyway).
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline TOMMO86

• Legacy Fan
I seen him in the tesco on allerton road the other week with mascherano, he had a pizza in his trolly

no good for the pre game food eh

Sez_20

Anyway, they were boarding the Easyjet flight from JL Airport and who should be ahead of them in the queue but the great man himself? Strange that a pro footballer was on an Easyjet flight with all the riff-raff, but then again it is the only company that does direct Liverpool-Paris flights, and they land at Charles de Gaulle Airport instead of Beauvais or some other out-in-the-sticks shithole.

I think either I was on the return flight or they regularly use that route (probably the latter). Saw Djimi and Momo coming back from CDG to Liverpool on an easyjet flight last year. Didn't speak to them but I remember being suprised at how tall Momo is.

Also saw Arteta at Speke airport waiting for friends to get off our ryanair flight from Santander. No expense spared when visiting a premiership footballer!

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
My mate works for Xerox, and a few months back he was London way on a job. He finishes up and is on his way out of the store (in shirt and tie) and gets tapped on the shoulder. He turns round and its David Pleat, who asks him were something in the store is. My mate who is the most tackles person in the world said to me, I cant remember what he was after as all that was going round in my head was, "don't say kerb crawler don't say kerb crawler don't say....." He said he didn't work there and left! If you knew him, you'd know that that is some achievement to not spit that out!

Pleaties son (s) won't be too happy to hear about that. :no ;D
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 08:43:04 pm by raptor »

Offline J-PH

• I wanna take you to a Gay Bar, Gay Bar.
  • Legacy Fan
  • www.spiritofshankly.com
I think either I was on the return flight or they regularly use that route (probably the latter). Saw Djimi and Momo coming back from CDG to Liverpool on an easyjet flight last year. Didn't speak to them but I remember being suprised at how tall Momo is.

Saw Djimi and Momo gettin some duty free in Narita airport on the way back from the World Club Championship thing.  Was still pretty hammered at the time though, might've been just one of them standin by a mirror.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
Bloody hell mate, i take it a few beers had been consumed!?

id had a couple and maybe if i was totally sober i may have realised.  just my luck lol. tho hes cured now. ( so they say )
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline welshlad

• Kemlynite
momo seems pretty normal

I Passed Alan Hansen in Anfield car park

And a real blast from the past
I sold Phil Babb an office  desk and chair for a house he just moved into (Just off the east lancs road)
slightly embarrased when our accounts department asked him for id to cover the chegue !!
we then loaded the desk and chair into the back of his BMW Cabriolet !    number plate    PABB

Saw Ian Rush talking on his mobile in a service station on the M5 on his way home after a Wales game
(even stars have to pee)
Plucked up the courage to talk to him,but , just smiled said hello and walked on . complete coward !!

.” You are lucky to be here son, because this stadium will be a bastion of invincibility, and this club will be the most famous club in the world”

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
Me and a few mates got pissed with Graham Taylor in a cafe in Athens the night before CL Final. Also present were Big Jan Molby and James Richardson (Gazette football italia fella)
 And I do mean 'with' aswell, not just in the same cafe. Got pics of us all, Richerdson pissed as a parrot!!
Quote from: Peter Griffin, Yesterday
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A Pedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert."