Author Topic: Caldies - The Calderstones Park Thread  (Read 18685 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: Caldies - The Calderstones Park Thread
« Reply #80 on: November 6, 2021, 12:52:51 pm »
It's great to Cormorant's regularly in Caldies now, seen them in Sevo but never Caldies.
They do love Sefton Park lake. I've also spotted them recently on Greenbank too. I go fishing on the Leeds-Liverpool canal in West Lancashire and you see them on the canal as well these days.

I have been lucky enough to snorkel with hunting Cormorants twice, in crystal clear water. Once on Menorca and once on Formentera. They are amazing under water.

This thread reminds me, we need to get ourselves up to Calderstones Park again. Our dogs loved it there, but since they died we've not been.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #81 on: November 6, 2021, 01:15:45 pm »
They do love Sefton Park lake. I've also spotted them recently on Greenbank too. I go fishing on the Leeds-Liverpool canal in West Lancashire and you see them on the canal as well these days.

I have been lucky enough to snorkel with hunting Cormorants twice, in crystal clear water. Once on Menorca and once on Formentera. They are amazing under water.

This thread reminds me, we need to get ourselves up to Calderstones Park again. Our dogs loved it there, but since they died we've not been.

You also see them on the weir at Chester waiting for their lunch to pop up from the Dee.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: November 6, 2021, 03:48:18 pm »
You also see them on the weir at Chester waiting for their lunch to pop up from the Dee.
Ah, yes, I've seen them there too. Usually drying their wings after they've had their dinner.  :)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2023, 11:49:25 am »
The Cormorants haven't been there for a couple of years but at least one is there daily now.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2023, 12:23:41 pm »
There's a cormorant in Greenbank Park pretty regularly now. He seems happy enough there

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2023, 03:35:26 pm »
There's a cormorant in Greenbank Park pretty regularly now. He seems happy enough there
There were three in Sefton Park last week. They must do a little tour of the local park lakes. I've actually snorkelled with Cormorants as they've hunted underwater. It's amazing to see.

I'll have to get up to Calderstones. We've not been there for a while.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: December 31, 2023, 05:08:48 pm »
Nice one lads.
If you go to Caldies it's usually on a branch broken off the island. Look across the lake with your back to Yew Tree Rd.